eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Just a quick question regarding form and live updates.

When I log into myclub, I see a lot of players who are either in form for this particular week, and if I press R1, out of form.

Some of which are players that I have. From within the game, is there any indication that these players on form and in particular which stats have been increased/decreased as a result of the form update for that particular week?

I can't see anything so wondered if there was no actual difference
https://pesmyclubguide.com/#conditionrating

this is for android only (a guy from Leicester did this, hurray to the brits!!), so i have to miss on it, but here you go guys:
PESHUB 20 – Player database and squad builder app for android
8nkiko9k86n31.png

vt66n91j96n31.png

bgfkodft96n31.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Nova.Peshub20
i want that for iOS!! :BOUNCE:

edit: stupid me! i forgot, i have an old android phone at home! :D will test this tonight!

Last edited:
What nonsense. More than one person has given a perfectly clear interpretation which justifies it as a foul. You might not think it was; but there's very reasonable precedent, in the laws of football as they currently stand, which justify the card.

But that is YOUR opinion.

I see nothing wrong with the tackle like the other chap in here. The only contact also is when the play hits Henderson with his knee jumping over the tackle.

I see nothing wrong with the tackle like the other chap in here. The only contact also is when the play hits Henderson with his knee jumping over the tackle.

That IS my opinion. The 'nonsense' was they saying it wasn't a foul under ANY interpretation. I was pointing out interpretations already shared that said it COULD be a foul.

PS. Henderson catches the player's left foot with his studs. But you can get a card even without making contact these days in a dangerous out of control tackle. So contact isn't actually required anyway, although it's rare for a ref to consider a challenge dangerous when it doesn't connect. This rule is to prevent players just winning the ball through fear (as the attacker dodges the injury and thus contact).

Seems like people are being deliberately argumentative/defensive to come up with any kind of ridiculous reason to call that a foul, let alone a red card.

It's not like there's a "dangerous tackle" button, so even if in some example you could say it was "two footed" or "straight leg" etc... There's nothing the user can do to influence the type of tackle that happens when you press the slide tackle button, so it would be stupid to punish he player by giving a red card. Same as if your defenders randomly decided to deliberately handball in the box when blocking shots...

I don't understand why anyone would think that any single part of a 'community' would that great an influence on development especially considering a lot of said community likely knows little to nothing about game development or football/soccer.

Trying to bite my tongue here fella.
I am 40 years old, have been playing video games and football games since I was 8, I used to play professional football, at U21 level for a then Premier League level team, I hold several FA Coaching badges, and nowadays I work as a software developer and consultant, admittedly not video games but still high levels of coding and logic.

I'd like to think I'm part of the PES community being that I am a paying customer for many years and that i pay out my own money running a website and providing bespoke designed kits to people FOR FREE, in my own time.
I'd also like to think I know a little bit about football.

But people like me and others aren't often heard, because we don't spend our pocket money on MyClub.

Cheers .

I am 40 years old, have been playing video games and football games since I was 8, I used to play professional football, at U21 level for a then Premier League level team, I hold several FA Coaching badges, and nowadays I work as a software developer and consultant, admittedly not video games but still high levels of coding and logic.

I'd like to think I'm part of the PES community being that I am a paying customer for many years and that i pay out my own money running a website and providing bespoke designed kits to people FOR FREE, in my own time.

But people like me and others aren't often heard, because we don't spend our pocket money on MyClub.

Cheers .

So many experience and you still don't know it's called soccer, not football...

(jk, incase it wasnt clear)

Cheers .
I detest myClub, absoutely LOATHE it. At least FUT is fun for an hour, myClub is garbage from the off.

I literally can't fathom how/why people play it all year round? You get a star studded team from Day 1. What's the point? It's just people holding down 'X' and their defenders behaving like homing missles.

Cheers .
He did say "a lot of", not "all"... And I'd imagine he's talking more about the FB/Twitter MyClub brigade than the more hardcore players on Evo-Web.

I detest myClub, absoutely LOATHE it. At least FUT is fun for an hour, myClub is garbage from the off.

I literally can't fathom how/why people play it all year round? You get a star studded team from Day 1. What's the point? It's just people holding down 'X' and their defenders behaving like homing missles.

I had a dabble with MyClub (really want to call it something else but don't want to get told off by the mods) during PES 18, and I actually enjoyed the development side of things, taking Brewster as a 52 OVR and training him up to become this high rated superb CF, but the main downside to the mode was people. playing against actual people who's only intention was to win at all costs and piss you off as much as they can in the process, was a chore.

I've seen a few MyClub vids on Twitter, and its like watching clones playing eachother, every team having Messi, CR7, Neymar, De Ligts, Van Dijk, Salah etc. using PA3, direct ping pong pass skill shoot, Where is the fun in that?

It's not for me.

I had a dabble with MyClub (really want to call it something else but don't want to get told off by the mods) during PES 18, and I actually enjoyed the development side of things, taking Brewster as a 52 OVR and training him up to become this high rated superb CF, but the main downside to the mode was people. playing against actual people who's only intention was to win at all costs and piss you off as much as they can in the process, was a chore.

I've seen a few MyClub vids on Twitter, and its like watching clones playing eachother, every team having Messi, CR7, Neymar, De Ligts, Van Dijk, Salah etc. using PA3, direct ping pong pass skill shoot, Where is the fun in that?

It's not for me.
Exactly my feelings mate.

It's just people holding down 'X' and their defenders behaving like homing missiles

Best comment so far :) Spot on! If people would search for right words to describe gameplay in myClub, this is it.
Like bloody homing missiles :))))

Why are people still playing?
It is bad, crap, bad, crap, bad, bad and then, when it hits one or even two! good games in a row it is the best thing ever.

I manage to have that "good game" in maybe one out of five.

Seems like people are being deliberately argumentative/defensive to come up with any kind of ridiculous reason to call that a foul, let alone a red card.

It's not like there's a "dangerous tackle" button, so even if in some example you could say it was "two footed" or "straight leg" etc... There's nothing the user can do to influence the type of tackle that happens when you press the slide tackle button, so it would be stupid to punish he player by giving a red card. Same as if your defenders randomly decided to deliberately handball in the box when blocking shots...

ANY slide tackle in the modern game is at risk of a card. What are you suggesting? Since the user can't control the contact made it should never be punished? The player had no need to slide in there at all, so they took a risk, needlessly, and it went against them.

Question for editing experts

Now that the fake Bundesliga teams have been moved to Other European Teams, how likely are they to crop up in the Champions League/Europa League in seasons to come

Looking for the same answer, sadly I think they will turn up at some point as it will be randomly assigned... so we need editors to crack on.

This year, the game is better than ever but the modders etc are crap and slow :TUMBLE:

ANY slide tackle in the modern game is at risk of a card. What are you suggesting? Since the user can't control the contact made it should never be punished? The player had no need to slide in there at all, so they took a risk, needlessly, and it went against them.
The game's logic on fouls is not going to be complex enough to take the "modern game" aspect into account. It's clearly not the reason a foul/red was called in that situation so it seems pointless to debate it on that basis. I've seen plenty of tackles far worse in terms of wiping the player out after the ball not given.

What I'm saying about controls is that as there is no more complexity to the slide tackling mechanics than a simple "slide tackle button", it is unfair on the user if when one time you pressed it your player would go in cleanly and take the ball, and another time would dive in two-footed and get themselves sent off. All you can influence is the positioning and timing of the tackle, if you get those right and contact the ball first, it would be bad game design to punish you for it.

The game's logic on fouls is not going to be complex enough to take the "modern game" aspect into account. It's clearly not the reason a foul/red was called in that situation so it seems pointless to debate it on that basis. I've seen plenty of tackles far worse in terms of wiping the player out after the ball not given.

What I'm saying about controls is that as there is no more complexity to the slide tackling mechanics than a simple "slide tackle button", it is unfair on the user if when one time you pressed it your player would go in cleanly and take the ball, and another time would dive in two-footed and get themselves sent off. All you can influence is the positioning and timing of the tackle, if you get those right and contact the ball first, it would be bad game design to punish you for it.

Intent/aggression can't be determined unless you either add more complex controls, or leave it up to player stats to decide.

Of course the games rules are based on the modern game, what on earth else would they be based on?

You've completely ignored what I've said. I understand your issue with sometimes being punished, sometimes not, but what else do you suggest/expect?. You can't have every slide tackle succeed or have zero risk or you are back to Super Soccer on the SNES. This game is entirely about positioning and subtlety. If you are in the right position and time it well, you can cleanly tackle with a slide. But if you come in, out of control and at an angle that has a high chance of you catching your opponent; then you are taking a big risk, just like you do in real life.

Of course the games rules are based on the modern game, what on earth else would they be based on?

You've completely ignored what I've said. I understand your issue with sometimes being punished, sometimes not, but what else do you suggest/expect?. You can't have every slide tackle succeed or have zero risk or you are back to Super Soccer on the SNES. This game is entirely about positioning and subtlety. If you are in the right position and time it well, you can cleanly tackle with a slide. But if you come in, out of control and at an angle that has a high chance of you catching your opponent; then you are taking a big risk, just like you do in real life.

Yet the COM is somehow able to always perform a laser guided slide tackle from any angle, and take the ball cleanly and regain possession every single time.
Strange that.

Yet the COM is somehow able to always perform a laser guided slide tackle from any angle, and take the ball cleanly and regain possession every single time.
Strange that.

CPU gets yellows and reds in my game, from slides and from standing tackles (well only red for 2 yellows on standing tackles), I don't know about yours...

Konami aren't going to have programmed in the subtlety of whether a tackle was "out of control" or "dangerous" into the fouls logic based on how the modern game is officiated. It's simply based on the order of contact with the ball or player and there are some bugs with the hitboxes, which is what that video shows. They haven't even been able to produce a satisfactory fouls system the whole generation and you think they've shown such mastery to implement the small nuances of it this time?...

I'm not expecting 100% success rate with slide tackles, just that it shouldn't be a foul (or card) when you get the ball first, especially as cleanly as in the video. You can still mistime tackles or have the opponent avoid them which results in fair fouls/bookings/reds.

Feels like I could show any crazy example and you'd find a way to justify it, so I'm not sure this discussion is worth having.

:D perfect timing.
I started studying the opponents formation before each match this week.
I felt I needed to score more goals (wich is a good thing when not all matches are 5-8 goals...) and maybe have a more detailed look at what’s coming.
So since a couple of days I’m trying to find their weak spots and then I do the tactical planning around that.
It’s immersive!! :) sucks me in so bad.
Rangers ML it is now... Union is put on hold.
That's great.
That's how it should be done.
I was close to start one with Rangers too,I had a ML on19 with them

Konami aren't going to have programmed in the subtlety of whether a tackle was "out of control" or "dangerous" into the fouls logic based on how the modern game is officiated. It's simply based on the order of contact with the ball or player and there are some bugs with it, which is what that video shows. They haven't even been able to produce a satisfactory fouls system the whole generation and you think they've shown such mastery to implement the small nuances of it this time?...

I'm not expecting 100% success rate with slide tackles, just that it shouldn't be a foul (or card) when you get the ball first, especially as cleanly as in the video. You can still mistime tackles or have the opponent avoid them which results in fair fouls/bookings/reds.

Feels like I could show any crazy example and you'd find a way to justify it, so I'm not sure this discussion is worth having.
Well, you seem to be making 'crazy' assumptions about what the code does without actually knowing anyway, so why not continue...

Dangerous play is very unlikely to be coded in. But the rules of football don't care about taking the ball first these days if you follow through. They could have quite easily coded following through into the foul system. Beside ANY of that. My comment that you took umbrage with was me stating that there were valid interpretations of the law which justified the tackle being a foul. Regardless of how the game made the decision, this interpretation is fine.

Yeah, I find slide tackles extremely hard to time well. Most of the time I am too late an take the player instead of the ball. Of course slide tackles are a a technical gesture that comes at a risk but their should be also a reward otherwise their is no point in using it.
Admittedly I still suck very much at this game. Do you successfully use slide tackles yourself? If yes, how do you time it?

Yeah, I find slide tackles extremely hard to time well. Most of the time I am too late an take the player instead of the ball. Of course slide tackles are a a technical gesture that comes at a risk but their should be also a reward otherwise their is no point in using it.
Admittedly I still suck very much at this game. Do you successfully use slide tackles yourself? If yes, how do you time it?

I use them rarely. If you watch a match of football at the highest level, you'll find the number that are slides are a small percentage of the total. Every slide has inherent risk and the reward needs to be there.

I most commonly use them to intercept a ball out wide (whether in an attackers control or not). I'll also risk it if I think it might block a certain goal. That's about it.

i do 2-5 sliding tackles each game. depends strongly on the situations when and how i use them.
for me the "risk/reward window" is big enough!
the AI could do less of them (and more standing tackles) for my liking. when i do get fouled, most of the time its a sliding tackle (75/25%, i'd say).

i do 2-5 sliding tackles each game. depends strongly on the situations when and how i use them.
for me the "risk/reward window" is big enough!
the AI could do less of them (and more standing tackles) for my liking. when i do get fouled, most of the time its a sliding tackle (75/25%, i'd say).
What I don't like is there are certain situations you just know the AI will slide in. If you get away out wide, you know they'll attempt a slide, which you can often avoid or take the freekick. I don't mind these as much as they are common in football. The slide when you are going past them about 30 yards out is annoying. As I get a lot of easy goals from freekicks that way :(

Back
Top Bottom