eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

i had the AI scoring so clinical in my pen box last night (1.2), it reminded me of why i did not play much 2019! and when that feeling bubbles up inside my body... thats not a good sign!
the clinical scoring and passing from low level teams is just to much for me. the missing physicality is another big thing for me. shielding worked so much better in demo and 1.0, plus the shielding was fairly used by AI and myself. now i feel AI has an advantage somehow.
and then there is the pace... gosh i even tried -1 speed multiple times, different stadiums and conditions... nope! nothing can give me that flow the demo and 1.0 had/has!

so every god damn night since release i am installing the update 1.2, test some stuff, grab the MC bonus and then deinstall again just to have some good matches before i go to bed! :D
when i get home tonight, i'll keep on playing my 1.0 brazilian league 1! then i'll read some comments here and install the update 1.2 again... testing some stuff.. then it repeats itself...
giphy.gif

is that still called "passionate" or is it "out of control"!? :LOL:

na, im good guys! love makes me do crazy things sometimes... :LOVE::BOP::APPLAUD:

What level are you playing mate?

Just asking because I started to feel disgusted by the way the CPU has advantage over pretty much anything against me, wich is not fair, not realistic at all.

I feel bad for people who are having issues on master league on superstar. I'm 2nd in the league with Everton and have won matches 3,4,5 nil. Highest being 7-1. Once I got dribbling down I haven't had a problem breaking defences down or creating chances.

The hard games are hard and the easy games are easy. Haven't had any instances where I felt cheated. You can maybe feel a momentum change which at that point I cover the spaces intercept and then take back control of the ball and pass it around or I hit them on the counter.

Also have only ever had one ai free kick scored against me. That's an issue I don't understand I see people complain and I experienced that in pes 2018/2019 but most free kicks just hit the wall or straight to the keeper or over the bar they hit the Cross bar one time but that's it. So it's weird it's such an issue for others when I don't see it.

Dribbling has a great risk reward and I get past players pretty easily. I think I'll upload gameplay at some point just to know if people see anything different because I'm getting around 5-10 fouls per game Just from me taking men on and beating them then getting fouled.

This is the first pes offline that I have felt excited to play for a long time.
That’s good to read mate and you’ve made me keep my copy as I know the other game will be awful in single player. I was close to trading PES 2020 in CEX tomorrow but a few people have convinced me to keep it now.

I need to go back to this with a fresh head in a few days time. But I need to play as a small club like I used to do in older PES games (would love some recommendations guys?)

Top Player is WAY too easy even in Master League this year.

Did you struggle at first with super star and as your TS improved the game became easier? Maybe I need to play a few seasons. I’m just scared of getting sacked :LOL:

do you think that in version 1.3 patch will give us similar gameplay to demo and 1.0?i hope so because right now i play on 1.0 no option file and love it but ideally 1.0 gameplay with option file .i sitll dont understand why konami cant give us option to use option file for all three versions. if they dont i can only hope 1.3 is like 1.0 so i can apply an option file.
i have no clue mate. all i would say is just assumption so i'm not saying anything. :)
its up to konami to deliver. lets see!

in my "perfect" world version 1.0 would be able to import OF's! oh man...
wish i could apply an OF as well! missing it!

What level are you playing mate?

Just asking because I started to feel disgusted by the way the CPU has advantage over pretty much anything against me, wich is not fair, not realistic at all.
i always played professional in PES2020. will give 1.0 a step up tonight and play top player for the first time. i hope the AI will then be a little bit more active when attacking. and i dont mean variation in shooting or passing... its just: sometimes they walk to much with the ball in midfield. i want that to go away. then im good! with OF i would be even better! :D

See this is interesting I haven't had any stupidly clinical ai moments. If they have time to turn shoot with no pressure then of course there is more chance to score but even then I've seen them hit high and wide. Even seen them miss open goals. The only time I saw the ai really clinical was with Harry kane and auba give them a chance and I expect them to score.

I'm talking about superstar difficulty for those wondering. I haven't played top player.
and i'm playing on professional!!!
i want low level player (and high ones) to miss the goal even when in one-on-one vs. the keeper sometimes! but 100% shots resulting in 100% goals is not what i want. as i said, it reminds me a lot of PES2019 AI. not LCS'ing all the time but clinical in passing and shooting.
maybe i'm playing it wrong! ;) or 1.2 does play me! :D anyway... 1.0 brings more to the table of what I like, compared to 1.2!

Last edited:
Top Player too easy for me even on full manual, with top teams barely threatening the goal if you can use super cancel effectively. Superstar is more "challenging", but in ridiculous cheating ways that make it a chore to play, and they still barely ever score goals against me.

I've found offline boring in football games pretty much forever anyway; it's just not as satisfying to me to pull something off against a primitive AI compared to against a human player - I only gave it a go this time because of how goddamn awful/unplayable online is compared to 2018 and 2019.
Fair enough if offline football games have always been boring for you then i guess nothing will ever change that.

same i cant beleive any of negative comments syaing this game is so boring,unplaybale, ai has no varitey etc blah blah blah.I m so addicted to the gameplay.cant stop playing it.For me best gameplay wise since pes 5 and pes 2013
It’s definitely not boring and it’s the best PES since PES 5, I agree.

It’s still got a lot of flaws though. I think what some people still don’t like about PES is how primitive it can be in many areas considering the technology at our disposal now.

That’s good to read mate and you’ve made me keep my copy as I know the other game will be awful in single player. I was close to trading PES 2020 in CEX tomorrow but a few people have convinced me to keep it now.

I need to go back to this with a fresh head in a few days time. But I need to play as a small club like I used to do in older PES games (would love some recommendations guys?)

Did you struggle at first with super star and as your TS improved the game became easier? Maybe I need to play a few seasons. I’m just scared of getting sacked :LOL:
Man, we´re on the same boat. I would like to stay on SS, but I had a really tough session yesterday. I always choose a "smaller/average" team to start with, this time Twente. I´ve come to realize that my team stats, along with a TS around 50, is pretty useless. I don´t have any good driblers, my strikers aren´t good at holding the ball, or dribling, or finishing. At least not on SS. Almost all the teams on this league have better average stats, and one of them, is quite similar, but it´s my rival, so they completely murdered me on my own turf with attacking and high pressure tactic. I couldn´t do a freaking thing the whole match. After 11 matches I only had 1 goal!!! I´m obviously not that good of a player, but I know I´m not that bad too.

I really love a good challenge, but I´m trying to find if this SS thing might not be for me after all, or if it´s just a matter of picking up a slightly better team.

Man, we´re on the same boat. I would like to stay on SS, but I had a really tough session yesterday. I always choose a "smaller/average" team to start with, this time Twente. I´ve come to realize that my team stats, along with a TS around 50, is pretty useless. I don´t have any good driblers, my strikers aren´t good at holding the ball, or dribling, or finishing. At least not on SS. Almost all the teams on this league have better average stats, and one of them, is quite similar, but it´s my rival, so they completely murdered me on my own turf with attacking and high pressure tactic. I couldn´t do a freaking thing the whole match. After 11 matches I only had 1 goal!!! I´m obviously not that good of a player, but I know I´m not that bad too.

I really love a good challenge, but I´m trying to find if this SS thing might not be for me after all, or if it´s just a matter of picking up a slightly better team.
Choose a better team would be my advice mate. I personally find Top Player way too easy, I think I remember @Chris Davies saying the same with his Paris save (Chris are you playing ML on SS now? What’s your thoughts on this difficulty this year?)

I’m wary of choosing a ‘bad’ team on SS. But then on the flip side, a team like Man Utd (who I was using on my previous save) demand a CL finish and there’s no way I’m getting that on SS in my first season.

It’s why the game has serious balancing issues in ML, it’s so frustrating.

Fuck,you guys must be really good,in third place after 33 games with Roma on TP PA0.
I wouldn't say this game is easy.
Could be half asleep and grind out 9/10 victories last year on the other game (ULT and semi)

My challenge is to find players that fits my team,like @PRO_TOO not going by ovr stats,but by special abilities.

I can agree some games have been easier than others playing wide cam.
But I've been on stadium cam all season,and top that off with PA0,most games are very tough!

Fuck,you guys must be really good,in third place after 33 games with Roma on TP PA0.
I wouldn't say this game is easy.
Could be half asleep and grind out 9/10 victories last year on the other game (ULT and semi)

My challenge is to find players that fits my team,like @PRO_TOO not going by ovr stats,but by special abilities.

I can agree some games have been easier than others playing wide cam.
But I've been on stadium cam all season,and top that off with PA0,most games are very tough!
Maybe it’s because I use Dynamic Wide mate? If I use Stadium, I can’t score or defend!

I do wonder if anyone here has actually played 'football' these days. I can only imagine that football nowadays is a bunch of ponces, playing little passes and then getting upset once the ball gets taken off them :COAT:

I would have been beaten by my old man if I came off the pitch without sticking one on someone :R1
My problem is not that. My problem is that when I'm using Diego Costa, Modric can barge into my player 100% of the times and take the ball away.

Maybe it’s because I use Dynamic Wide mate? If I use Stadium, I can’t score or defend!
I got used to it quite quickly,but crossing on PA0 with the stadium cam...
Tough as fuck.
But I think the game is a bit more patient on that cam so I'm sticking to it.
Look fw to build a squad next season.
Tried ULT yet?

Tough as fuck.
Tried ULT yet?
Legend you mean? No not tried it mate.

I love how the game looks on Stadium, I just can’t get to grips with it.

Legend you mean? No not tried it mate.

I love how the game looks on Stadium, I just can’t get to grips with it.
That's the one!
Takes 10+ games in stadium cam and your sorted,trust me it'll be worth it!
If you're not playing any ML,grind out a bunch of exhibition games meanwhile.
Game will be much better (and harder) on it

Tough as fuck.
Tried ULT yet?
yes yes yes... keep it up, buddy!!!
"Tough as fuck." ...but only when you start... and the reward... man... when you do score and pass on fuma with stadium cam... not only does is look good, it plays so nice as well! satisfaction!!
i played the regular wide cam i was used to over the years... it feels so ps1! ;) kidding! but the new stadium cam really adds to the atmosphere, imo! ill never go back!
maybe you can tinker with the angle so its a bit easier for you. i tried that but i dont want to miss on the "tv-angle" and after some days/weeks with the new cam, i'm good! :)

@Mikhail same to you!! please, dont give up!
i still play bad passes due to angle and and view (and my skills at the sticks for sure :D )... but i'll never go back to the old cam!

for me its nearly the same as with 1.0 and 1.2. i miss out on some stuff but the overall package is better for me! i miss on an accurate view of the on pitch actions but i get a tv like cam (and thats the bigger value for me). i can adapt to the angle but i cant adapt to "non-tv-like-angle" once i've seen and felt it! :)
you understand me, right!? :D

That's the one!
Takes 10+ games in stadium cam and your sorted,trust me it'll be worth it!
If you're not playing any ML,grind out a bunch of exhibition games meanwhile.
Game will be much better (and harder) on it
I need some more of your enthusiasm mate! You and a few others here always keep me going back to PES, despite my constant moaning about it and “I love it, no I hate it, no I love it!” (Does anyone else go through this or is it just me?)

Love this community :)

I need some more of your enthusiasm mate! You and a few others here always keep me going back to PES, despite my constant moaning about it and “I love it, no I hate it, no I love it!” (Does anyone else go through this or is it just me?)

My controller suffers most of my shitty rage,not the forum:)
Thanks buddy.
My look at it is simple,what are the alternatives?
Pes 13?17? Fifa?
It all comes back with the same answer,this game has ruined those completely for my,and I've played em all the past days, dreadful games Vs this one.
I've played 30+ games the past 5 days,haven't done that since PES 6

Going from exhibition to master league was a bit of an adjustment as the ai was more competitive but to be honest as long as I don't try and force it and play organically it's been fine. I respect the ai when they attack follow their runs manually and don't be too rash unless needed.

I've got moise kean upfront who is quick and very strong so I can roll the ball into him hold off a couple of players which allows siguardson to play. Jean has 19 goals in 21 games so he is scoring for fun.

Also don't be scared to play the ball over the top.

bear in mind i'm not playing ML only leagues and cups - but am i the only one who thinks the game is superb even with latest patch? Surely i cant be on my own ( And i was 19's biggest critic, game was garbage)

Full manual
Superstar
Adv Through Ball

Thats the difference, ML is the problem. Its like a different game HOWEVER I still think its tons better than last years.

Personally, i would be happy if they can just tone down the X button effectiveness a little bit. In my view the situations in these videos are not the best example of the ref being broken.

In the match it might of felt different to you, but by just looking at it, i would say in the first video the defender does not stick a leg out or anything. You cant expect him to disappear, its a collision between players, nothing more. The second one i would consider a very dangerous tackle with a straight leg that could seriously injure the other player. Red card is justifiable.

Defender doesnt stick out a leg but their knees collide? If that was my player committing the foul it would of been a penalty.

Henderson's leg was straight? yeah like 99% of sliding tackles.
Studs were up? his foot was pointing forwards, down to the floor and away from the ankle... there was NO foul in any interpretation.

Ludicrous decisions, this is just some of what i have experienced. Tackles from behind with the AI using the X button tackle ect utter garbage.

Seems a bit silly that there's no seeding/filter for the teams that get placed in the Euro/WC groups in Cup mode...

You select your own team, then it randomly makes groups from all the teams... So you probably have one or more of San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta, Liechtenstein etc. in your Euros until you manually go through and replace all of them... Which means highlighting them, pressing Y, scrolling to a more suitable team... Then you have to rearrange them all manually into realistic groups.

Yeah it's only a few mins but it puts me off whenever I feel like starting a random cup competition. They could just have a button to include all the best teams, or at least let you choose the seedings then perform a draw... Nope, just chuck any random teams in there in any group, great design!

Last edited:
Is it me or L1+ ️triangle dont work anymore for throughballs? Its a hit and miss wheras in 2019 it was as accurate as 90% of the time.

Scoring has become difficult. In 1-1 's the ball goes often wide.
I don't feel confident with this game anymore.
Thoughts?

I know its polarizing here the opinions, but see this PES as your pet dog that is dumb as a rock, yet lovable. You can look at it's downsides all you want, its eats food that you saved off the table or shits on the couch when noones home. But at the end of the day, you love it dearly because its always there for you trying to make you feel happy.

Damn man. You are right about that.
Its just that I cant seem to go back to winning ways anymore against my friends.

I probably need to engage a lot more with my dog but I dont remember doing this for 2019.

i have no clue mate. all i would say is just assumption so i'm not saying anything. :)
its up to konami to deliver. lets see!

in my "perfect" world version 1.0 would be able to import OF's! oh man...
wish i could apply an OF as well! missing it!

i always played professional in PES2020. will give 1.0 a step up tonight and play top player for the first time. i hope the AI will then be a little bit more active when attacking. and i dont mean variation in shooting or passing... its just: sometimes they walk to much with the ball in midfield. i want that to go away. then im good! with OF i would be even better! :D

and i'm playing on professional!!!
i want low level player (and high ones) to miss the goal even when in one-on-one vs. the keeper sometimes! but 100% shots resulting in 100% goals is not what i want. as i said, it reminds me a lot of PES2019 AI. not LCS'ing all the time but clinical in passing and shooting.
maybe i'm playing it wrong! ;) or 1.2 does play me! :D anyway... 1.0 brings more to the table of what I like, compared to 1.2!

Maybe try top player I haven't played professional but on superstar ai misses the target even on easy chances.

Right now, I love the game, totally! But hate the fact that I can’t do shit on my ML matches.

Studs were up? his foot was pointing forwards, down to the floor and away from the ankle... there was NO foul in any interpretation.
What nonsense. More than one person has given a perfectly clear interpretation which justifies it as a foul. You might not think it was; but there's very reasonable precedent, in the laws of football as they currently stand, which justify the card.

Hey up all,

Can some of you very enlightened guys n gals explain the differences between basic, advanced and manual shooting.

I have been experimenting with them all, and it seems I like the middle ground ‘advanced’ rather than the other 2.

Is using this level a good thing or not, does it require more skill/concentration to use it all the time?

I have seen some spectacular long range shots and goals using this that I never see using the other 2 types, which is why I like it.

Thanks in advance for any pointers given.

I think im going to sell this in for fifa Next week. Im mostly an online gamer and this is beyond awful.

Myclub is such boring game mode with no depth whatever. The online play has the worst response times i have seen, with button delay being game breaking. Cursor switching is slow. Finding a match is slow and takes forever. The lack of atmosphere is a pain aswell.

I enjoy the gameplay somewhat on the offline modes but it mostly falls flat. They cant sell this is as a full 50 pound game.

Its bare bones.

What tissue paper do you buy?

If you like the bouncy stuff your dog can jump and play with, get fifa.
I tend to get the no frills stuff so I got pes (digital).

[Good thing is I don't pre-order my tissues.]

Hey up all,

Can some of you very enlightened guys n gals explain the differences between basic, advanced and manual shooting.

I have been experimenting with them all, and it seems I like the middle ground ‘advanced’ rather than the other 2.

Is using this level a good thing or not, does it require more skill/concentration to use it all the time?

I have seen some spectacular long range shots and goals using this that I never see using the other 2 types, which is why I like it.

Thanks in advance for any pointers given.
I posted this a while back.
Should help with advanced shooting
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/e...n-thread-ps4-xbox.80426/page-235#post-3416392

Basic: the traditional way of shooting - you aim near post & far post. Whether it’s top corner or bottom corner depends on how much power you use.

Advanced: you aim for a specific corner, so top left, bottom right etc. Shot power doesn’t determine what corner you aim for (essentially meaning you can drill it along the floor which isn’t possible on basic).

Manual: Your shot will go exactly where you aim the stick. There is no locking onto the goal whatsoever. A lot of players find this method more rewarding.

There is no right or wrong way to play, no matter if anyone tries to tell you otherwise :D Each have their advantages. Just try them out and pick which one suits the kind of gameplay you’re after.

Spent a few hours with this tonight, some thoughts;

- Cavanii is a beast for the CPU
- Fouls as everyone has stated. I thought I'd try close control dribbling and people are right it does draw more fouls, but that's not a solution to the issue, especially the non calling of blatant fouls by the CPU.
- Defensive line backing off is still ridiculous. People were trying to defend it saying that the programmers had a deeper understanding of how football works, then they've come out and said it's fucked. Funny thing is the double tap on the d-pad brings the line up to where it should be, but again it's not a solution to the issue.
- The CPU dribbled more in the PC demo, but I can't remember if this was after Legend difficulty was unlocked or after he demo was updated.
- That stumble after you get barged off the ball.........
- Midfield retreat into a flat formation when you lose the ball
- Players turning around and sprinting back as soon as the keeper has the ball

Enjoying it immensely though, I've probably put the same amount of time into this since release that I have in both FIFA and Pro combined since FIFA 16. Playing on Superstar, I like that there is an obvious quality difference between teams, I can beat Anderlecht but drawing with PSG was an achievement. The games are low scoring, but that's realistic surely when top teams play each other.

For me, if along with what Konami have already stated they are going to fix;
-The CPU dribbled more (so that I feared Neymar, Messi etc getting the ball)
-Fouls were fixed

I can see myself playing this for a good long time, which is all I've wanted from a football game for the last three years.

Oh and bring back the arrows on the tactics screens for player movement

And make a good form arrow red again like it used to be

And get rid of the full kit in training mode

And bring back the original default Master League players.

Back
Top Bottom