eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

How many people here play with default ML players? Having only played ML from the start (full game), the players are slow, hard to turn, lack physicality and all that jazz that makes starting with default team rewarding. Crazy ! Just like old times when you had to make do with aging Minanda’s passing stat,or foques shot power.

Of course, for me this is the ONLY way to play ML. As you would see from my posts over on the ML Adventures thread, I have edited my team to be the Dog & Duck Pub team, so starting with the unknown defaults and working up is the whole idea, playing on Top Player, the game is superb.

Regardless of all this demo vs 1.0 vs 1.02 talk, for me the game is still much advanced and improved over the shockingly bad PES19, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the matches.

You mean you will do all the transfers, new players, kits, badges yourself? Damn. Its 2006 again :D
Its not as bad.. its "only" EPL both spanish and second italian. Plus the fakes. Will take few days, but if it takes away frustration Im having and brings back the all the fun - why the hell not? :D
Lack of sponsors on kits will be annoying, but sure what can you do..
And badges cant be edited as far as I know.
But editing teams back in 2006 was part of the fun!
I didnt play 1.0 at all went straight to updated version not to have any comparison and start fresh and I really did try to get into it, but I just cant. Feels like im being suffocated on the pitch, from both AI and my own players.
Im absolutely delighted that many of you enjoy patched version and I trully hope that further patches wont spoil anything for you guys.
I have no agenda to piss anyone off. I simply cant seems to find any joy in the current version.

How many people here play with default ML players? Having only played ML from the start (full game), the players are slow, hard to turn, lack physicality and all that jazz that makes starting with default team rewarding. Crazy ! Just like old times when you had to make do with aging Minanda’s passing stat,or foques shot power.

I have been having such a good time with this old school method. Taking time to learn players individual strength and giving them the right role (see my post history on Canning). Not only has it built affinity towards my team, but letting them go to get that extra million makes it that more dynamic. Ai on the other hand is good as well, patience is rewarded..stringing passes to find that decisive ball or making a rash decision to add pressure to only to be outsmarted by the AI. I like the little touches and it’s nice to see glimpses to old pes and even get that ounce of nostalgia back.

I played an exhibition for the first time and my god it was a joy to play as Neymar. Crazy dribble and speed, can’t wait for my youngsters to hit their prime and get to that level ( if they ever will). But they are just too clunky and young, but I know they will be a star someday.

And all I see is all these YouTubers starting with their top rated clubs, trying to find faults when they already play at top level, never will the get the joy of actually going through a long patience and rewarding process of building your own team and watching them grow. Everything is instant gratification.

ML Defaults is the only way I play :)
It's a great way of easing into the difficulty as well as I'm happy to languish mid-table in a lower division with these players whilst I get to grips with everything :)

LOL. Yet anothe campaign.

EE0atZfWkAAHUdt

Embarrassing to be honest. If there's one thing people shouldn't be complaining about it's this. PES give out more than enough stuff at the beginning of the game and consistently over compensate when there's any issues. If anything Konami give out too much at times when it comes to myClub.

Its not as bad.. its "only" EPL both spanish and second italian. Plus the fakes. Will take few days, but if it takes away frustration Im having and brings back the all the fun - why the hell not? :D
Lack of sponsors on kits will be annoying, but sure what can you do..
And badges cant be edited as far as I know.
But editing teams back in 2006 was part of the fun!
I didnt play 1.0 at all went straight to updated version not to have any comparison and start fresh and I really did try to get into it, but I just cant. Feels like im being suffocated on the pitch, from both AI and my own players.
Im absolutely delighted that many of you enjoy patched version and I trully hope that further patches wont spoil anything for you guys.
I have no agenda to piss anyone off. I simply cant seems to find any joy in the current version.

Welcome to the club..No agenda with me and I also tried to embrace post patch gameplay..Likewise I have no problem if many prefer the game patched..

It’s important we communicate are findings..This way people have a choice and can go physical(personal choice is always a good thing)..

There are clear differences and why forums are such a great pool of knowledge and experience..

It does..and they removed frames to speed up reaction and response,especially dribbling and trapping..The ball also behaves differently it skids more and floats..I’ve also noticed more player warping in version 1.01.01 so that response isn’t affected.

Yet the dribbling is slow and very hard to pull successfully?

Embarrassing to be honest. If there's one thing people shouldn't be complaining about it's this. PES give out more than enough stuff at the beginning of the game and consistently over compensate when there's any issues. If anything Konami give out too much at times when it comes to myClub.

MasterLeague has been neglected for 5 years.
While MyClub had full attention for the most part.

This year they decide to give a liiittle bit of love to ML and the Online fanbase can't take it.
Imagine if they were put on hold for 5 years like we were.

unable to judge for me as i dont see whats happening before! how does that situation arise!?
just cant tell from that pic!
what of the player with blue shorts is hitting that guy in the head for example...?!

bet this is a bait thing!!! :D

Now back to topic from my side, just wanted to clear that up with the footage (starting at 0:25) ;) Ref even stands right in front of it...

I have been having such a good time with this old school method. Taking time to learn players individual strength and giving them the right role (see my post history on Canning). Not only has it built affinity towards my team, but letting them go to get that extra million makes it that more dynamic. Ai on the other hand is good as well, patience is rewarded..stringing passes to find that decisive ball or making a rash decision to add pressure to only to be outsmarted by the AI. I like the little touches and it’s nice to see glimpses to old pes and even get that ounce of nostalgia back.

I played an exhibition for the first time and my god it was a joy to play as Neymar. Crazy dribble and speed, can’t wait for my youngsters to hit their prime and get to that level ( if they ever will). But they are just too clunky and young, but I know they will be a star someday.

And all I see is all these YouTubers starting with their top rated clubs, trying to find faults when they already play at top level, never will the get the joy of actually going through a long patience and rewarding process of building your own team and watching them grow. Everything is instant gratification.

ML default at the current time is the way for me too. First time i try them to a proper save since pes2013. Given the financial budget this year and the broken Loans, i play toi close to the old school way, full defaults with 1 or 2 signings. It is really refreshing and it reminds me how it is to appreciate the average players who make the difference compared to the defaults.

MasterLeague has been neglected for 5 years.
While MyClub had full attention for the most part.

This year they decide to give a liiittle bit of love to ML and the Online fanbase can't take it.
Imagine if they were put on hold for 5 years like we were.

i do feel for the online fanbase tho, they make konami alot of money, and not to put any work into it apart from rebranding is extremely disappointing but at the same time not surprised, im sure the amount of money they are making from that mode they can afford to have a team specifically for myclub only, says it all really about this company and i can assure you our master league is gonna get minimal updates next year and it wont be worth buying for another couple of years going by history.

Now back to topic from my side, just wanted to clear that up with the footage (starting at 0:25) ;) Ref even stands right in front of it...
:D so glad i wasn’t to far off! i know my football! :D
and some other responses to this screener show exactly what is happening in the community sometimes when we rate/judge stuff! we all come from different angles even when we agree on some stuff.
yeah, we leave that behind now!

Last edited:
i do feel for the online fanbase tho, they make konami alot of money, and not to put any work into it apart from rebranding is extremely disappointing but at the same time not surprised, im sure the amount of money they are making from that mode they can afford to have a team specifically for myclub only, says it all really about this company and i can assure you our master league is gonna get minimal updates next year and it wont be worth buying for another couple of years going by history.
Far away from any vendettas Online VS Offline etc, and since i play both modes ,or more ML but i try all modes available, this move if it is true, is extra offensive monetization, for those who know how it works (GPs and coins).

Just two CPU clips from my latest session i would like to share. Excuse me for the quality, HDR on makes them look so washed out.

#1: Got learned a lesson here. I greatly underestimated Empoli and my arrogance was punished directly. You can just about notice how i storm in on their AM with Smalling, thinking it would be an easy steal. Way too eager and the CPU simply sidestepped. Then, the moment their striker got the ball was thinking it would suffice to put him under pressure, isolate him and drive him to the side. Nothing to worry about, right?

#2: The 2020 AI in a nutshell. Decisions can be very human at times. You can tell the pattern recoginition has gotten more advanced because the CPU is making a lot more predictions instead of simply being reactive. To be clear, i did not press X and supercancel it.

Last edited:

Hey, we gave and continue to give our money to Konami too. We buy the game as well, you know! :CW:

i disagree ai has variety of ways of scoring in demo and full game. see this video for examples

I concur i am seeing loads of variety from the AI, It could be those that dont set up the same way every game and play the same way every game. Right now im still playing exhibition matches with different teams with diff formations and tactics and every game is different! Love it. Still pinching myself PES is back.

I concur i am seeing loads of variety from the AI, It could be those that dont set up the same way every game and play the same way every game. Right now im still playing exhibition matches with different teams with diff formations and tactics and every game is different! Love it. Still pinching myself PES is back.

People conceding the same goals to the AI every time falls into these camps

1. AI favours certain goals
  2. Human leaves the same whole in their defence each time meaning the CPU exploits the same problem. This could be down to the tactics they set, or just how they play the game. Eg, over committing defensive players to high pressure most commonly lets the AI score on a 'through the middle break-away'.
  3. Many teams have the same tactical setups, rather than the variety you would expect (users here are working to rectify that).
There's also issues with tired players leaving wholes in defence and various other human issues but these mainly also fall under 2.

I don't dispute that the AI likely does have some set decisions it commits to more often. However, if you vary your play, you do concede a variety of goals (and hopefully not too many :EMB:).

Last edited:
Feeling almost done with the game already; doesn't usually happen so early for me, most years I can play until Jan/Feb before getting bored.

I mostly play online co-op which is probably the worst football experience of the year (and of many previous years). Input delay (maybe even worse than 19), clunky dribbling, overpowered defending (just hold sprint+pressure, 2m radius auto tackles), clear fouls not being given, ridiculous MyClub teams even in the first week, reduced physicality/shielding, boring shooting...

All you can do is take one touch and offload the ball... Even perfectly timed feints or trying to shield the ball very rarely work against OP MyClub pressure/sprint spammers. We still win more than we lose, but it all feels so bland... Doesn't feel like there's anything left to uncover or learn online, just keep repeating and getting better at the same old only boring style that works.

I've never been much of an offline player but thought I'd try it to maybe get some value out of the purchase... Ugh...

Top player is too easy as the AI never scores if you can use super cancel (even on full manual), Superstar is a cheating mess where Kosovo defenders can manhandle Kane off the ball like a child. The AI also gets away with murder even more than the online pressure spammers...

Shame I've played too long to refund it... As I suspected it would be, the most fun experience of PES 2020 was the PA0 online games with South American teams in the demo.

Yet the dribbling is slow and very hard to pull successfully?

The players are snappier and turn quicker pre patch..If you keep turning a player 360 your notice vanilla how many more steps they take and how there more prone to losing momentum and direction..It’s harder to get away when trapping and your more prone to miscontrol and having to correct.You have to take more touches on the ball if you want a more accurate or clinical pass..first time passes when your player isn’t static and facing the right direction will result in more error..Your timing has to be better and stick control more precise.

It’s just a lot more realistic and adds that anything can happen feel..

if you install disc version and its 1.0 do you have to disconecct your ps4 from internet everytime you play? can you not just decline to run the patch?

also i suppose impossible to make dortmund this way? not bothered about kits so much but more the players. i imagine its impossible to find alacar for e.g as he is not in national team?

Hey, we gave and continue to give our money to Konami too. We buy the game as well, you know! :CW:
I strongly agree there too and have expressed my disappointment as well but my point was people pay extra money in that mode, the least Konami can do for them is have a team dedicated just for that mode

Fefepes..

Just go to the network tab in settings when you boot up your PS4 and untick the online box..

You don’t have to disconnect the internet or setup again..Just go back to the network settings tab and tick the box again.When you want to go back online..

If you are online the game will just start updating if the disc is in..You can let it download and if your playing just delete it before turning off the game off..

It’s a pain in the giraffe..as my son uses my PS4..Ive already had to reinstall the game numerous times on both formats..

Just go to the tab in settings when you boot up your PS4 and untick the online box..

You don’t have to disconnect the internet or setup again..

If you are online the game will just start updating if the disc is in..You can let it download and if your playing just delete it before turning off the game off..

It’s a pain in the giraffe..as my son uses my PS4..Ive already had to reinstall the game numerous times..
prob wont bother

my only hope is next patch fixes things

i dont even own the game yet lol, will continue on pes 19 till next patch

I bought the digital copy of PES 2020 on PS4 but it feels so different from the demo. I'd like to thank some of this forum members for his posts about the differences between 1.0 and 1.2. I decided to buy the disc version and not apply the patch.

1.0 it's the best representation of the beautiful game we've ever had.

I play FUMA offline. I'd like to list all the things from 1.0 I think we've lost in 1.2:

- More precise control over the players, especially un PA0. Too much inertia on 1.2.
- Better foot planting.
- Advanced through ball more precise, you can put the ball everywhere.
- AI players better awareness attacking and defending.
- Better ball physics.
- More deflections and unpredictability.
- More variety in animations. A lot of players and goalkeepers animations from 1.0 are not in 1.2.
- More variety in situations during the game, attacking and defending.
- More AI variety, dribbling, making long runs with the ball, mixing with passing, crossing, shooting from outside the box.
- Great AI deffending.

im confuse dis version 1.01.01 the same as 1.0?

Really?!
...but I see you pretty active commenting on it?! Anyway. All good. I was just wondering...

@DigitalByDesign thanks for your insights man. They mostly cover my experience but I’m not that good in putting it in words. :)
never commented on the game i think you will find, just react to others

the release has gone as i expected which is why i didnt buy it this year. first time ever i have stuck to my promise not to buy it 1st day

never commented on the game i think you will find, just react to others

the release has gone as i expected which is why i didnt buy it this year. first time ever i have stuck to my promise not to buy it 1st day
Yeah, might have got that wrong. Just seen you pretty active. :)
Great that you could hold to your promise!
Are you waiting for patch 1.3 then and how it changes the game?
I’m sticking with the polished demo (aka 1.0) for now! :D

Yeah, might have got that wrong. Just seen you pretty active. :)
Great that you could hold to your promise!
Are you waiting for patch 1.3 then and how it changes the game?
I’m sticking with the polished demo (aka 1.0) for now! :D
is 1.0.01 the same as 1.0?i just want make sur eim not playing 1.2

Enjoying it quite a bit. Started a test ML with Brescia, first match, lost 3-1 on TP to Parma. Good variety all over the pitch, very physical, finished 15 fouls (8 user, 7 CPU), including my CB sent off. Goal I scored was a nice counter attack, pass into the box, sliding shot far post. Used advanced shooting for the first time - pretty fun.

Even though there is a patch update in October (I think?), will be pushing those defensive lines up much higher to get the straight linear passing from being route one.

Back
Top Bottom