eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

giphy.gif

Yea. I'm going to stick to manual then :II

Which sliders?
Was n't it a quote last year when you edited some stats and tried to change a little bit the game play, (the ball control IIRC)? The process was nicknamed "Lami's sliders"! :)

i do similar stuff! i use my spotify account on ps4 to play some chants playlist during the matches! found some nice brazilian chants that fit so nicely when playing SA teams!
you are not an odd ball, you are just passionate, imo! :D

I was doing that with Spotify too! And then I found the FanChant YouTube page and YouTube to mp3 some chants and that did the trick. Might have given my computer a virus but whatever haha.

Can you show me example?

Sure thing. Norwich wing cutting inside (seen this more than once as well as aussiepesfan anyway):

Hazard and Mertens doing some tricks:

Dribbling happens less, but surely still happens. I also think in the demo CPU wasn't particularly menacing with dribbling, except with the cutting inside run, which is still present in some measure. For example without going too much in the past, I remember in Pes 2018 (for how I don't love that chapter to use an eufemism) players were way better in taking you one v one.. only problem was that even bad players were op in that regard if I recall correctly.

By the way, I think that even taking dribbling problem aside, cpu is much much better than in 2019.. they finish in so many different ways, they hold the ball more, they do unexpected things.. granted, I hope for more (efficient) dribbling from superstars in the future, but as of now to me personally we are already in a very good spot considering what was 2019 in this regard.

This is horrible in multiplayer. Yet again I’ll have to buy the other game for playing against real people. It’s laggy, weird and a mess online.

Plus even on PS4 it takes forever getting a match setup. Poor show Konami.
its crazy konami do not try harder online. i would say majority want to play vs real people. we have hardcore community that wont let go of glory days of master league that had its hay day pre internet but most have

local and online multiplayer is what focus should be

Sure thing. Norwich wing cutting inside (seen this more than once as well as aussiepesfan anyway):

Hazard and Mertens doing some tricks:

Dribbling happens less, but surely still happens. I also think in the demo CPU wasn't particularly menacing with dribbling, except with the cutting inside run, which is still present in some measure. For example without going too much in the past, I remember in Pes 2018 (for how I don't love that chapter to use an eufemism) players were way better in taking you one v one.. only problem was that even bad players were op in that regard if I recall correctly.

By the way, I think that even taking dribbling problem aside, cpu is much much better than in 2019.. they finish in so many different ways, they hold the ball more, they do unexpected things.. granted, I hope for more (efficient) dribbling from superstars in the future, but as of now to me personally we are already in a very good spot considering what was 2019 in this regard.

Nice i have only see once Lacazette dribble in 50 hours of gametime. I disagree i think it was more difficult in the demo, it was a pain in the ass to get the ball from Coutinho or from Dybala in the demo. Because they would side step you if you want to tackle from the front then they would burst and hold you up/defend the ball while cutting in. And i was eager to see how this pans out in ML where the cpu is more agressive. That again was a risk and reward when it comes to defending (just like the demos foul system), and thats gone too. Now i can push Ronaldo off the ball like a kid.

Was n't it a quote last year when you edited some stats and tried to change a little bit the game play, (the ball control IIRC)? The process was nicknamed "Lami's sliders"! :)
Haha awesome. Yes I did :D

I edited ball control, dribbling, speed and goalkeeper stats. All -20. This time I haven't felt the need to do anything so far. But I'm still playing unpatched.

its crazy konami do not try harder online. i would say majority want to play vs real people. we have hardcore community that wont let go of glory days of master league that had its hay day pre internet but most have

It’s honestly astonishing how bad it is. I frequent another forum (a football one) and convinced lots of them to try PES instead of FIFA this year. Most of them are casuals and only play multiplayer.

They all hate me now because it’s so bad online. Thanks Konami.

This is probably something I should know by now, but...

Is Konami likely updating squads again soon? And if so, should I wait until then to install an OF?

I guess the alternative is to not include squad player/squad updates, which I have always done after installing an OF, but I never knew if it was necessary.

Pardon my naivety, whats an OF?

Haha awesome. Yes I did :D

I edited ball control, dribbling, speed and goalkeeper stats. All -20. This time I haven't felt the need to do anything so far. But I'm still playing unpatched.

On Ps4 you cant install OF without updating 1.0, on PC we could get around that for sure but we dont have 1.0 at all. Needless to say we are royally f*ed. By now i wish the demo/v1.0 wouldnt have been such a great experience.

Given the fact they have actively changed the name of the game to eFootball, you would think they have lent huge focus in this area. They are also holding the official Euro champs e tournament too so they believe they are making strides in this area.

The stark truth though is they're not, and not by a long shot. Online is very poor and is NOT anything like offline which is great and that's just frustrating.

I love myclub but it's only worth playing online, so the mode is worthless as it stands. Matchmaking takes ages and sometimes doesn't find anyone. I spent ages on Matchday just trying to get an opponent. It's slow, laggy and I'm sure speed is nerferd as I can never outrun anyone in a straight race yet do this offline always.

It's clunky and certainly not worthy of the new name change

It’s honestly astonishing how bad it is.
This. I'm not one for hyperbole but yeah, as I said before in this thread - if you consider that everyone outside of this forum just plays games online, and you imagine them playing PES 2020, you can totally understand why the majority of people think PES's gameplay is worse than the other game's.

It's eye-opening. Everyone on PA3, using 5-0-5 formations, with a team better than Man City's in week one (and 99 "Team Spirit"), passing from back to front with 100% accuracy, and with so much lag that it's like you're playing via a video link from London to Melbourne.

It's that lag I can't get over, and I now understand why it's the #1 complaint every year ("upgrade your servers" even though I don't think it's that, it's the code).

You have to play first-time-passes every time you can, because if you don't, by the time your player has taken a touch, the opposition has stolen the ball.

Nice i have only see once Lacazette dribble in 50 hours of gametime. I disagree i think it was more difficult in the demo, it was a pain in the ass to get the ball from Coutinho or from Dybala in the demo. Because they would side step you if you want to tackle from the front then they would burst and hold you up/defend the ball while cutting in. And i was eager to see how this pans out in ML where the cpu is more agressive. That again was a risk and reward when it comes to defending (just like the demos foul system), and thats gone too. Now i can push Ronaldo off the ball like a kid.

You see, that's the beauty of different experiences. For example I have SO many trouble pushing away forwards when they defend the ball :) .

Well let's hope the newer update, or some dt18 sorcery (since you are on pc as well) will make us all happy :) (even if I kinda doubt it will happen so easily :LOL:)

You have to play first-time-passes every time you can, because if you don't, by the time your player has taken a touch, the opposition has stolen the ball.

Exactly that.

Not fun at all, not eFootball.

I love myclub, I want to play it. I enjoy being given players and having to play them and finding gems but I'll end up playing FUT purely and only because it's playable.

Started new ML last night.
Did a little trick. Went to Edit mode, checked the team I was planning to go with, edited them to the formation Im playing, did all the tactics and then started ML. So my team spirit was about 70 from the get go.
Bit of a cheating but I needed this to my experiment.
Division 2. Rayo. FUMA. Professional, 20mins.
Played 5 matches.

Have to say, guys, the things they are planning to tackle with the next patch are more needed than ever..
Im not trying to slate the game here, coz I think it has the grounds to be the best Pes.. ever.
But in its current state, whatever they did, whatever small tweaks they had with animations, first touch, defending - it really disturb the whole balance.

My players were all over the shop. And I mean - it was an absolute shambless. 22 headless chickens, coz AI was not much better in ball awareness. It almost looked liked it was some charity games where they are playing blindfolded.

Even when players initially took three steps towards the ball - next they took two steps back, almost like the ball has some fucking spikes.

AI was cutting me like a fucking tree - nothing was given. But everytime I took the ball of them in front of the box
- OH THEY HAVE A FREE KICK IN A DANGEROUS AREA!
(shut up, Drury!)

The one situation that completely broke my heart was when I dribbled pass SB on the wing, ran down the wing, cut inside, dribbled another AI defender and passed the ball into the middle for my striker to tap it in.
Guys, I swear to god, the pass was perfect.
But it didnt switch to my striker. Instead, it switched to the player behind him that was on the other wing....and the ball just bounced of the striker (who was supposed to tap it in) like he was a fucking lamp post.
(So as you see - pass was perfect, coz the ball hit him)...

Needless to say - I will be going back to 1.0 over the weekend and checking how this plays.
If I have to edit every team using in-game editor - so be it.

bear in mind i'm not playing ML only leagues and cups - but am i the only one who thinks the game is superb even with latest patch? Surely i cant be on my own ( And i was 19's biggest critic, game was garbage)

Full manual
Superstar
Adv Through Ball

This is horrible in multiplayer. Yet again I’ll have to buy the other game for playing against real people. It’s laggy, weird and a mess online.

Plus even on PS4 it takes forever getting a match setup. Poor show Konami.

Sorry, I am not seeing this. Out of about 40 games so far online I think I can happily say only 1 has been laggy and that was in a myclub competition with no filters available. The rest ran perfectly.

As for the time it takes, only time I have issue is in myclub because I play at 2 star and there doesn't appear to be many people playing at that level.. online divisions is almost straight away, rarely more than 30 seconds. PS4 as well.

Pretty sweet deal there:)
I haven't had any attempts at my players yet,at least not triggering any release clauses (thank god)

Think I've had injuries (short ones) after ever 2-3 games.
On my first ML with Torino I had 2 long term inj (3+1 months)
I really like the fatigue in this game,you have to conserve energy early on,90+ of my goals are 70th minute and fw.
I usually sub my players late,come in with two fresh wingers Vs tired defenders
Yeah not bad. Actually I was warned by the sports director about Pogba,wanted to extend his contract just to raise the release clause but forgot the part and cancelled, after that I didn't have the option to renew the contract anymore direct after.
I agree, the fatigue seems to have more impact this year and you can really see players exhausted when games nearing the end..more injuries aswell so it's good definitely, even 2 penalties isn't bad :)

Sorry, I am not seeing this. Out of about 40 games so far online I think I can happily say only 1 has been laggy and that was in a myclub competition with no filters available. The rest ran perfectly.

As for the time it takes, only time I have issue is in myclub because I play at 2 star and there doesn't appear to be many people playing at that level.. online divisions is almost straight away, rarely more than 30 seconds. PS4 as well.
Everyone over at another forum I frequent is complaining about how bad this is online again. Button lag, takes ages to find a player, stupidly long countdown timers...I could go on but I won't, I'm glad you're enjoying it mate.

I always buy PES for single player anyway so not too concerned.

Everyone over at the other forum I post on is complaining about how bad this is online again. Button lag, takes ages to find a player, stupidly long countdown timers...I could go on but I won't, I'm glad you're enjoying it mate.

I always buy PES for single player anyway so not too concerned.

Each to their own I suppose. It just doesn't ever feel delayed or laggy to me.. I agree on the timers though, they could be cut in half I think!

I bought the digital copy of PES 2020 on PS4 but it feels so different from the demo. I'd like to thank some of this forum members for his posts about the differences between 1.0 and 1.2. I decided to buy the disc version and not apply the patch.

1.0 it's the best representation of the beautiful game we've ever had.

I play FUMA offline. I'd like to list all the things from 1.0 I think we've lost in 1.2:

- More precise control over the players, especially un PA0. Too much inertia on 1.2.
- Better foot planting.
- Advanced through ball more precise, you can put the ball everywhere.
- AI players better awareness attacking and defending.
- Better ball physics.
- More deflections and unpredictability.
- More variety in animations. A lot of players and goalkeepers animations from 1.0 are not in 1.2.
- More variety in situations during the game, attacking and defending.
- More AI variety, dribbling, making long runs with the ball, mixing with passing, crossing, shooting from outside the box.
- Great AI deffending.

This was always the case though. And it's not necessarily a good thing. Johan Cruyff was a genius player, and a smoker.

So it's not that it requires more talent to do anything, it's just that the game has changed.

And if it requires MORE talent to do so, to the point that someone as talented as Neymar and Aguero become inhibited and injured all the time, then you're talking superhuman talent.

It's not like defenders have become better than before either. On the contrary, there are few great defenders left. It's the time/space intervals for individual player expression that have shrinked - not because of quality, but quantity. The game lacks breathing space IMO.

You're coming back to the point though. You are associating genius with best. We used to have players that were great despite their physical flaws. But you now need to be both. Just because one has improved (physicality) it doesn't mean the other has diminished.

There are absolutely still great defenders and they are better than before. It's just they're all great physical specimens as well as great readers of the game. Lots of the old greats just wouldn't hack it today as the attackers are far too quick, powerful AND skilful for them for the most part.

It depends based on competition and league on how much 'breathing space' players have and it's primarily down to player fitness at the highest levels.

PS. Gareth Bale/Neymar/Messi/Sterling pulling of dribbles at twice the pace Cruyff ever could does require more talent. It also requires more talent to beat modern day defenders as they're so much better (not just physically but that is a large component) and it takes more flair and speed to beat one (and often more strength too). It might not be the talent you appreciate, but it's certainly a talent. Martial artists are famous for having grand masters who are very old, but due to talent, they can make up for diminishing faculties. But they still all admit it only helps up to a point and these masters were always amazing physical specimens when younger.

COM FK's are overpowered, every one on Top Player is a screamer into top corner, no amount of of precisely timed wall jumping can stop it.

And scored this goal last night in my ML (ML Moments Episode 2 link is up over on the ML Adventures thread)
Used Super Cancel to changed Yamga's running path, to intercept the ball in midfield then his pace stats showing as he races away, the fake shot and then the strike past the flailing keeper, all felt very realistic.

The refereeing is awful again this year, i have two videos to show as examples.

Personally, i would be happy if they can just tone down the X button effectiveness a little bit. In my view the situations in these videos are not the best example of the ref being broken.

In the match it might of felt different to you, but by just looking at it, i would say in the first video the defender does not stick a leg out or anything. You cant expect him to disappear, its a collision between players, nothing more. The second one i would consider a very dangerous tackle with a straight leg that could seriously injure the other player. Red card is justifiable.

Last edited:
COM FK's are overpowered, every one on Top Player is a screamer into top corner, no amount of of precisely timed wall jumping can stop it.

And scored this goal last night in my ML (ML Moments Episode 2 link is up over on the ML Adventures thread)
Used Super Cancel to changed Yamga's running path, to intercept the ball in midfield then his pace stats showing as he races away, the fake shot and then the strike past the flailing keeper, all felt very realistic.

Nice! Loved that little dink he does. I also think this goal highlights a thing I mentioned earlier about goalies not really covering their goal very well. They very often completely miss on the angle they use to cover their goal if you angle your run a bit when one-on-one, and you can basically just roll the ball into the net.

The refereeing is awful again this year, i have two videos to show as examples.

Devils advocate here, however.

For the first. It doesn't look like the defender puts a leg out to challenge you. It instead looks like neither of you plays the ball and on the turn you ran into the defender. I doubt the game is this subtle, but on a basic level, probably the defender AI did not tackle and so couldn't have fouled you. In a live match I can easily see a ref not giving this.

The red. Well, It looks a fine tackle to me, but I grew up in the 80s!
From a real-world perspective, Henderson came off the ground, went in 2 footed, studs leading and caught the players left foot. In the modern game you be punished for a foul (even carded) even if you take the ball first if you follow through like that.

Again, this is devils advocate I'm playing. I can certainly also see these argued as unfair decisions. Just trying to understand a reason why they may have gone this way.

It's not COM FKs overpowered, it's just that freekicks from that range are far too easy. I'll score every one of those with a player with 65-70 set pieces stat.

You just need to pull the LS back and to the side (right footed, pull to the left) the angle varies a little on range between 45 degrees, SW on a compass and SWW if a little further out. For power, it's mostly just over halfway, but again can vary a little. You sort of feel whats required after only a couple of tries. It's easier to score freekicks from this range than penalties. That's the problem. They need to link power to a target circle (doesn't need to be visible) just like they do on penalties so that freekicks aren't so accurate.

Back
Top Bottom