eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Does anyone know the answer to this? I’m having a similar struggle?

I’m at work so forgive me, I didn’t look through the remaining 107 messages to see haha.

On neutral attack/def with high pressing and Gegen on, my forwards still don't press the defenders. As soon as I switch up one on attacking, they all push right up into their faces (I play 2 AMF behind a lone CF and on a goal kick both fullbacks are tightly marked).

The free kicks are absolutely ridiculous. It's almost a guaranteed goal for the A.i every time.

Ive noticed people say that, is there a 'range' where these are a guaranteed goal? Like under 30 yards or something.

Ive conceded two, seen plenty go over, straight at the keeper, hit the bar or hit the wall. This is 1.2... im assuming range plays a part here?

On neutral attack/def with high pressing and Gegen on, my forwards still don't press the defenders. As soon as I switch up one on attacking, they all push right up into their faces (I play 2 AMF behind a lone CF and on a goal kick both fullbacks are tightly marked).

Thank you sir! It’ll give that a shot. Getting my feet with with PES formations and instructions, not sure what does what just yet haha.

Dev notes are brilliant to me. Glad they addressed the positioning of the defensive line. I've said it before, but there was a misconception in that having more space would equal more chances. All that does is mean the battle for field position is less aggressive and makes it feel like a charity match. It doesn't remove the fact that you still have to have attackers vs defenders, but instead introduces more room for coding errors such as defenders following attackers deep into the box to make space, etc. The lessening of that space will make outstanding players stand out even more because movement in tight spaces is more commonly appreciated than just sprinting 30 yards down with the ball going against 4 defenders as if this is a 90's, awesomely low budgeted, action movie, and the defenders don't know the very basics of defending.

Thank you sir! It’ll give that a shot. Getting my feet with with PES formations and instructions, not sure what does what just yet haha.

Just be aware that unless you set your CDM to always defend (attacking setting), with this setting you can easily leave your CBs a little isolated.

I would like your opinions here. Excuse me if I will post this in PC as well as console topic
So Konami (per their PES development Facebook page) is declining the community feedback about the game, namely the demo feel and general game play. They said they listened to players and insist that demo was buggy and retail version is the better game. They mentioned that they will continue to improve the general experience but not in the direction of demo game play style.
Honestly, I am playing back and forth between the demo and the retail version. Surprisingly (though I said it many times before that demo feels better) now I can't see THAT much difference in player response, loose situations, ball physics and general game flow. I don't know if we were all preoccupied with the idea that Konami will release a game that is different than the demo.

A question: Can someone, now, concretely, objectively and realistically proof that demo is better than the final current game version? because I honestly can't provide valid and solid facts.

I would like your opinions here. Excuse me if I will post this in PC as well as console topic
So Konami (per their PES development Facebook page) is declining the community feedback about the game, namely the demo feel and general game play. They said they listened to players and insist that demo was buggy and retail version is the better game. They mentioned that they will continue to improve the general experience but not in the direction of demo game play style.
Honestly, I am playing back and forth between the demo and the retail version. Surprisingly (though I said it many times before that demo feels better) now I can't see THAT much difference in player response, loose situations, ball physics and general game flow. I don't know if we were all preoccupied with the idea that Konami will release a game that is different than the demo.

A question: Can someone, now, concretely, objectively and realistically proof that demo is better than the final current game version? because I honestly can't provide valid and solid facts.
you can't prove its better its down to personal opinion. Some people and I was one wanted loads of fouls regardless of how I got them. Now Id rather have a few less but correctly called. Other people would disagree. What are Konami supposed to do? They can't satisfy all the people all of the time. I think they've made good choices

Is that on advanced through ball? I had to turn it off, even the shortest passes took an absolute age to perform
I asked the same thing..
Altho I dont think he uses Advanced Through balls. He would have time to bring the bins to recycling centre himself.. :LOL:
Ps. I switched to basic as well.

I have started playing PES and started a ML as West Ham

I started on Super Star as i was comfortably winning on Top Player.

I must say im getting very frustrated. The games normally end 0-0 1-0 or 0-1.

I have the majority of possession but the AI just sits back and leaves 1 up front. Even the top teams. Its boring passing out and in.

Ive noticed playing ball to my SC to hold up is a no go as they pinch it off him easily even if im facing my own goal. So now i resort to crosses.

Is this everyone elses thoughts? Or is there a decent tactic for Super Star.

Im 5th after 16 games which would please any West Ham fan but its the frustrating manner of the games and 1-0. The way they nick the ball off u is annoying, they seem over powered and intercept a lot of basic passes.

I play a 4-2-1-2-1. Amc and wingers tucked in to link with striker and attacking fullbacks. Possession, short, wide, maintain formation, 5 support

Front pressure, middle, aggressive, 8 and 10 for compact

Attack fullbacks and swarm the box

Any advice or tactic appreciated

I've just mentioned this in the ML Adventures thread but the pitches this year are so inconsistent. Old Trafford for example looks fine, you can see where the grass cuts up and there's a deep green, textured pitch.

Then the San Siro looks bright yellow, washed out and like it was designed in MS Paint. It irks me so much that it's put me off doing a lengthy Milan Master League save, which I've had my heart set on.

I'm not feeling the graphics this year at all but I've read some people say it's the best looking football game ever. I disagree on that one.

Another gripe (sorry everyone). British Police at Italian/Spanish/French stadia and then Italian police with guns at British stadia. WHY IS THIS STILL A THING KONAMI?! All of these tiny annoyances grow into one huge bubble of immersion killer (cool name for a band?) for me.

We're in 2019 and I'm STILL moaning about the same ol stuff. Konami, ladies & gents...

I’ve switched over from the other game this year, first time owning a PES game and it’s been incredible.

Atmosphere (and commentary for that matter) are two things that PES doesn’t do better then FIFA.

I actually downloaded chants from FanChants and put them on a USB and play a low volume during the game to increase the ambience haha. I wish you could just import them like PS3 but Sony botch that technology which sucks.

Has anyone else done this or am I just an odd ball?
i do similar stuff! i use my spotify account on ps4 to play some chants playlist during the matches! found some nice brazilian chants that fit so nicely when playing SA teams!
you are not an odd ball, you are just passionate, imo! :D

I have started playing PES and started a ML as West Ham

I started on Super Star as i was comfortably winning on Top Player.

I must say im getting very frustrated. The games normally end 0-0 1-0 or 0-1.

I have the majority of possession but the AI just sits back and leaves 1 up front. Even the top teams. Its boring passing out and in.

Ive noticed playing ball to my SC to hold up is a no go as they pinch it off him easily even if im facing my own goal. So now i resort to crosses.

Is this everyone elses thoughts? Or is there a decent tactic for Super Star.

Im 5th after 16 games which would please any West Ham fan but its the frustrating manner of the games and 1-0. The way they nick the ball off u is annoying, they seem over powered and intercept a lot of basic passes.

I play a 4-2-1-2-1. Amc and wingers tucked in to link with striker and attacking fullbacks. Possession, short, wide, maintain formation, 5 support

Front pressure, middle, aggressive, 8 and 10 for compact

Attack fullbacks and swarm the box

Any advice or tactic appreciated
hey new guy! :BYE:

giphy.gif

...to the community!! :D

what settings are you playing!? basic shooting, PA1 passing!? what match time?
me personally i cant give you any advice vs. SS-AI because i only play professional (sometimes TP) on fuma!
have you tried playing on top player!?

63D5F229-286B-40CD-9CA6-F2BFE7997F64.jpeg Hi all, so just a little add-on from my earlier post re:- new players signed by Aston Villa in the summer of 2019 (real world) only have a 1yr contract on Master League.

I restarted Master League and thought I’d get those contracts sorted before the season kicks off, I’ve tried to renew 8 of the players with the wrong contracts, so I offered each one just a 1yr contract and as much salary as the board would allow, every single one of them as refused, I’ve been told by the board that 4 of them refused because the length of the contract? I can’t make them any smaller than 1 year! And I’ve tried them longer and that don’t work either.
Sadly once again this is a massive game breaker for me being an off line player, it means that if I continue I’m destined to lose a 3rd of my squad, it really is unacceptable.

Hmmm, wee bit fake news-y in some responses to the development feedback post.

Didn't read anywhere that they said the fouls were fine and won't be changing them. Did read the reasons the way that they are currently following on from the demo.

Don't care if it has taken 3 minutes or 3 years to state they want to do some line and positioning work. Do care that they are going to make that change.

Didn't read anything about them not adding AI dribbling. Reckon that is because they already do.

"Hello, PES fans.

You have spoken loud and clear about the PES 2020 gameplay, and we have listened.
There were a lot of interesting points that were raised by you, so we wanted to take in everything we could before giving you feedback.
We apologise that it took us some time, but we’re finally ready to give you some feedback on this topic.
This is probably the longest post since we started this page, so get ready for some reading.

Let’s start with what actually changed between the Demo version and the final product.
Basically, we were focused on fixing the things that were deemed as bugs by the gameplay team.
One example of a bug that got fixed is how the fouls were being judged.
We noticed some fouls that were being judged in the Demo would not be considered as fouls in real life.
Since we always strive to make PES as close to real life football as possible, we did our best to make the judge better at defining which plays should be considered as fouls and which one were not.

As with the example above, many bugs were fixed in between the Demo version and the final product.
Thus, it would not be viable to revert the gameplay back to the Demo version, because that would mean that all the bugs that were originally fixed would arise again.
We’re sorry if this sounds disheartening to some of you, but we wanted to make this clear to everyone.

As the PES dev team, our main focus is to constantly search for the optimum play experience and game balance.
Through this page we were able to hear the fans’ voices, and your input was invaluable for us to understand what each one thinks is “real football”.
Aside from this page, we take into account many other sources, including factual data from everyone playing PES (ex. number of matches, goals scored, fouls judged, types of dribbles executed, etc.).
All this information is being compiled and analysed by our team to ensure that we can find the best gameplay possible.

Having said all that, we will be bringing some gameplay changes by the end of October:

1. Better player reaction to loose balls
We will be improving how players react to loose balls, ensuring that they will do their best to try and gain possession.
This will ensure an exciting gameplay for 1 vs 1 duels in the sidelines or the battle for the ball in the penalty box.

2. Better positioning of the defense line and midfield line
Some people pointed out that there was a gap between the defense line and the midfield line, which allowed killer passes to reach the foward attackers with ease.
We noticed that this resulted in a fast-paced game, since it was possible for the ball to reach the front lines with only a few passes.
With the fix, it will become harder for the ball to reach the attackers, so constructing the play will be more important during matches.
As a result, the pace of the game will come closer to reality.

This is just the beginning of our long journey to make PES the best football game ever.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank every single one of you who took your time to give us feedback on the gameplay.
Sometimes we may not be able to please everyone, but be assured that we always try our best to provide all of you with an awesome experience.
Please continue giving us your feedback on the gameplay (and other aspects too).

As you see, we may take some time to check them all, but we will eventually get around to it."

They have spoken of two fixes that could potentially have positive trickle-down.

Regards the loose ball reactions, that could, for example, result in more tussles and possibly result in more fouls as a result, or force them to make changes to the system to implement the fix well. Things like shielding might also be a tad more forgiving to the user.

The line positioning in itself could also not only result in a tighter, more demanding, further realistic flow but could very well increase the amount of physical battles for the ball, thus perhaps fouls. It seems a fair and logical prediction to make. Also, again, if the game is going to be tighter positionally they might have to make some elements to dribbling and alike more forgiving.

Game has been out eight days and they have followed up on feedback; offered an explanation and also stated what they intend to do with the game moving forward. Call me glass half full (easy for me as enjoying the game immensely) but I'm inclined to give credit where due here.

But I certainly didn't read that they said the fouls were fine or anything.

Hello :-)... Top player is a bit easy. I can win most games as Utd 3 or 4 nil.

Settings... Patch 1. 10 minute games. Then just standard passing shooting etc. As the games comes really.

giphy.gif

me personally i cant give you any advice vs. SS-AI because i only play professional (sometimes TP) on fuma!

giphy.gif

The line positioning in itself could also not only result in a tighter, more demanding, further realistic flow but could very well increase the amount of physical battles for the ball, thus perhaps fouls. It seems a fair and logical prediction to make. Also, again, if the game is going to be tighter positionally they might have to make some elements to dribbling and alike more forgiving.
Fair and thorough analysis, but what you are saying here are all just assumptions.

Same way Im assuming that closing the gap between midfield and defense will result in more interesting build up from both user and AI and also more 1v1 with the keeper, since the defense might leave gaps and not be a wall anymore.

But we may as well end up with AI spamming through balls to their strikers, like they did on Pes18, or keep destroying us in the midfield without fouls being given.

Im relatively positive about the news and areas of focus, but you cant just assume all this, while at the same time saying that people assumptions are incorrect. Because, as it stand - thats all there is - assumptions.

They never mentioned that referee decisions are being looked into, neither they mentioned that dribbling is being looked into. Im optimistic and hopeful, that their patch will have a positive side effects to the rest of the game, but we'll have to wait till October to trully test it.

Encouraging reading that, but I do wonder how much is just plain 'make it possible for the CPU to score' scripting. Just watched a replay of an incident against the CPU: I was trying to stop a counter attack as a DMF, went to the forward with the ball to hold him up, successfully made one tackle, but the ball went straight to a second CPU player, who one-timed it perfectly to the centre forward, who was alone at the top of the box, who scored. He was the only player beyond me as the DMF, so where were my CBs?

On the replay, the second I make my initial tackle (which broke to the CPU) my two CBs split towards the sidelines/edge of the D, creating a perfect pocket of space for the only attacker in frame. They've each moved about 4 yards away from the CF, who is then perfectly open to receive the first time pass. The whole thing takes about 1 second of real-time, but as far as I can tell is indefensible because the human player can't control everything.

I know it's hard and may well be impossible to make a challenging football game, but this type of thing is pretty painful.

By the way I hope this renewed dev's interest will not turn 2020 in some kind of costant work in progress, a bit like it happens on the other side. I would hate it with a damn passion and the idea of play a game that is potentially changing gameplay feel every month or something would probably put me off for good.

A few members: Hm, no mention of fouls, that's worrying.
Thing is - its not fouls, as we all agreed. Its referee decisions. This is most glaring issue from the users on facebook, yet not even mentioned in the message from developers.
And it is worrying, because yes, we might end up with more free kicks, but for AI. If referee decisions are not tweaked, its safer to assume, that we will still be bullied by AI, than that the game will be more balanced when it comes to fouling system.

I would take everything Konami say with a pinch of salt whatever their communication platform is.

This is a game where in ML, We had no injuries, never won penalties and fouls were rare for the last 3 iterations running now.

These aren't new issues and remember that they patched the game last year to fix fouls and have a more varied AI(Total lie of course ), so why is this still an issue this year?

I believe that they're just playing nice to the customers before FIFA comes out as they always do, Then the game will revert to PES2019's approach where it only serves the my club crowd and their childish demands.

The fouls issue will never be fixed because it affect my club's script IMHO, It interrupts the game handicapping mechanics that's why you'll never see enough fouls, FIFA is doing exactly the same thing, No fouls at all!

To be fair to Konami the game this year is a very good step in the right direction, But the only hope we have to iron out this influence of my club features is with the community helping the modders to fix these issues and maybe get another Jenkey tool!

Back
Top Bottom