eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Yeah!
And I've seen a lot of people complaining about players going full dumb and standing still instead of going for the ball which resulted in losing possession. So that's a big plus.

AND... on top of that we'll finally have less space between defense and midfield which will undoubtedly result in more fight for possession and having to build up the play. I think this will be great.

Fouls were great in the demo but I haven't really complained much about it in the final game.
Haven't started a ML yet. But in exhibition mode I've had fouls in almost every match I've played.

The fouls thing reminds me of the first time they really changed how pressing worked (PES 6 maybe?) in that, people kept complaining in similar ways that every challenge was a foul and the AI got away with murder. It took a few weeks for people to get used to how that played as well.

The fouls thing reminds me of the first time they really changed how pressing worked (PES 6 maybe?) in that, people kept complaining in similar ways that every challenge was a foul and the AI got away with murder. It took a few weeks for people to get used to how that played as well.

Well ehmm yes PES5's fouls system is superior to PES6. PES2019 v1.00 is very close to PES5 in that regard. Dissappointed it get neglected but at least they told us in our face.

the fixing of players reactions to loose balls is really crucial i have had too many occassions in ML where my CB miscontrols the ball and doesnt react at all he stays still for a second giving the striker posession but in real life he would instantly panic and attempt to recover the ball or close the incoming striker

i tested with various cb's with high ball control and still the same issue

the fixing of players reactions to loose balls is really crucial i have had too many occassions in ML where my CB miscontrols the ball and doesnt react at all he stays still for a second giving the striker posession but in real life he would instantly panic and attempt to recover the ball or close the incoming striker

If you thinks this will counters ML scripting guys then i dunno what to say :D

The free kicks are absolutely ridiculous. It's almost a guaranteed goal for the A.i every time.
still waiting here for the AI to score from a free kick! really! not a single one!
i do: let the wall jump with square (thats my high cross)! move the GK manually! do the "one step" thing with the GK by pressing triangle!
so my experience is totally different in that regard...

overall: free kicks need tweaking for sure! :SAL:

edit: this might help: https://dds.konami.com/games/manual/pes2019/PS4/en/control_set.html
couldnt find any videos just yet...

Last edited:

If they improve the reaction, without recovering demo/1.0 ball physics the game'll be more and more on rails.

I always thinked that the space gap between defensive line and midfield was trick to make easy to counter, if PES Team improves it, it's a good point.

No mention to ball freedom...
No mention to dribbling mechanics...

Shame...

still waiting here for the AI to score from a free kick! really! not a single one!
i do: let the wall jump with square (thats my high cross)! move the GK manually! do the "one step" thing with the GK by pressing triangle!
so my expirience is totally different in that regard...

edit: this might help: https://dds.konami.com/games/manual/pes2019/PS4/en/control_set.html

If its a 75+ rated player he will hit the target for sure. If 80+ hell score...either cpu or you. Very very easy.
Have you ever seen a player hit the free kick way over or way wide? No.
And please dont say that again we have to play the game a certain way to fill the missing gaps the developers left :D
Wall jump and moving players to the goal line isnt solving the fact is no stat required either skill to hit the target from free kick.

I think the obvious answer for Konami is to patch in the option to play patch 1.0 or 1.2 offline. Check which version players are mostly using and build towards that one. I wish offline and online were just different gameplay builds because they are very different to play and Konami should account for that.

The patch sounds great, but, disappointed if fouls aren't even tweaked slightly.

Still hoping that they fiddle with it and just don't tell anyone. As we've speculated they've done with various bits and bobs in the past.

In terms of listening to the community and communicating, though... Can't fault them, right?

Last edited:
7 matches in, and only one draw. TS is 50 by now, as I had to make some changes. I´m being totally destroyed at this, because I don´t have an attack at all. Can´t create chances on most matches. Still not mad about it, I know my team is currently one of the lowest/average quality on the league.

Gave a penalty away today. I got upset about it because it didn´t look like a foul at first, but at the same time I know it was a bit of a harsh duel. I´m used to some fouls being called and other´s not so much, I´m from Portugal after all, and our championship is probably one of the most controversial leagues out there.

Game has keeping me hooked, even loosing all my matches. I do see some things appointed here on the forums, but can´t really put them on the list to make me dislike this game. I just accept them, because this is still looking the best PES we had in years. If they can improve the foul system KUDOS. If not, I just hope they won´t screw anything else. If they keep it this way, I´m a happy man.
Until now i am not disappointed by gameplay, at least until i master the mechanics. Still i cannot find a way to recieve and hold the ball after passing. I use R2+L stick, I use the R-stick when recieving towards ball to make a control+ a close control step. I am still learning.
What annoys me is in ML, with the current system of loans, i cannot loan a player with a boosting playrole to exploit the TS, and have a "ghost TS" of +80. Being in the 50s TS is very tough, and it increases very hard this year.
I do not know why they changed the loaning system. Forcing you to pay the salary of the player you want to loan, just removes the purpose of loan, with the current budget settings. They could give options at least, you pay the salary., mother club pays, or 50%-50%.

The improvements they are looking to do seems good, especially the second one, should be better for online.

But the end of october is rather long. I know these things take time and it's better to be thorough but that is quite some time knowing things MIGHT be better down the line. Ah well, let's not be grumpy now...;)

so my expirience is totally different in that regard...

couldnt find any videos just yet...

Triangle Tap certainly helps with this (reducing goals conceded), but as GPL said, the main issue is they don't miss. That's not really realistic.
Plus this doesn't stop me from scoring it every time. I essentially prefer to be fouled just outside the box as I can be far more accurate at scoring from a freekick with a wall of players than I can from the penalty spot (with the circle of expanding misses!); this suggests something is wrong.

I hope the improved loose ball reactions doesn't just mean less loose balls... Problem solved! That would be the dumb easy solution and we know Konami loves those.

I always stick the commentary on Italian. I don't understand a single word so there's nothing to get irritated by & I also find Italian quite pleasant to listen to so it works as background noise for immersion.

I would rather listen to death metal on full blast repeatedly than put up with Drury & Beglin. PES must employ a new commentary duo for next gen. Personally I'd quite like them to let 'The true Brits' have a go. He'd be great I think.
Until pes 6 i was using Spanish commentary. i don't understand a word, but it is better than English/Greek and i love lati languages Spanish/Italian commentaries. The problem is that the Greek commentary callnames database in edit mode, has different callnames that don't exist in other languages, last time i checked. So i am forced to stick with the Greek commentary.

As someone who didn't buy the game because the demo didn't do much for me (I know I'm in the minority but I don't mind that), I have to say that if they can deliver these things and not screw up elsewhere (it's Konami) I will seriously consider getting the game this year. Players ignoring loose balls in particular was driving me crazy, as it was also responsible for the bypassing of midfield and I couldn't stop noticing it even in videos of supposedly great goals. :)

Good job Konami, hope they abandon their typical cryptic line "various changes blah blah blah that improve the experience" for good and speak openly about all changes, like they do in this post.

Now if all goes well, and next year they can also revamp their ancient "stumbling animation" (seriously it's like a mechanic from the year 2011) and their tactics system to be more logical and less rigid, I think faith in PES will be restored for a lot of people!

Last edited:
Its always the little things with PES that sticks in my craw, the commentary for a start surely they could throw a few quid out there to have todays commentators come in for recording sessions, they dont even have to come in to Konami can be done remotely these days. I would definitely use up coins to buy commentary packs etc.
By the same token this could be done with virtually all audio on the game crowd chants et al.

Also the wepes gear really bugs the crap outta me, its needing redesigned big style those green boots with the black logo are horrendous man.

I like the bit where the devs said they'll address def line and midfield. Honestly this has always been a HUGE problem for all this gen. Gameplay would reach another level with proper positioning.

However, maybe it's just me, but the fouls part makes no sense. Most people don't want a complete revert to demo, they just want more fouls. Don't know why they would mix the two things..

They just released an official statement.
- FOULS WONT BE FIXED
-
AI dribbling wont be fixed
- overpowered free kicks wont be fixed

Just some random stuff no one asked for.

Both points 1 and 2 are my biggest gripes, especially point 1 being massive.

I'm really pleased for both of these to be looked at

Wait, they consider fouls to be fixed already!?! Wtf :LOL:

The bit about defensive line and the gap/space in midfield is a nonsense too, you're only noticing this now? It's something we've been moaning about for years!

More fouls would be nice and sorting the gaps out might increase fouls but they aren't broken like 19 and 18.. I've had 4 pens in 20 that's more than 18 and 19 put together. Plus fouls rate is averaging 4 or 5 per game now sometimes more sometimes a bit less and that doesn't include advantages a chose to play on with.

@Eltoro1234 If you keep referring to us as "PES fan boys" which is used in a derogatory way, I'll show you the way out. I know you edited your post, but it just shows what your mindset is.
Also you've mention FIFA way too many times in this thread. So stop all of it now.

You are very new around here and if you've been following, you'll know we all get along more or less like family. Its a great gang. So join us and be nice.

As I said earlier, I’ve apologised for my remarks earlier, most of which have been born out of frustration and I should not be taking that out on people here who have been extremely helpful, it doesn’t help when PES fans blindly give 10/10.
A game (any game) must be absolutely flawless to receive a 10, and the term fan boy is used against the ones that blindly rate games because of their chosen allegiance, but if I’m honest your tone is little condescending at best, with terms like ‘I’ll show you the way out’ and ‘so stop all of it now’
I don’t mind making apologies when I’ve crossed the line, but don’t speak to me in that tone please.

More fouls would be nice and sorting the gaps out might increase fouls but they aren't broken like 19 and 18.. I've had 4 pens in 20 that's more than 18 and 19 put together. Plus fouls rate is averaging 4 or 5 per game now sometimes more sometimes a bit less and that doesn't include advantages a chose to play on with.

I really like the advantage system, but it's a little too sensitive. I performed an early cross and on the volley, my strikers shot was saved. The second the ball touched the keepers hand, the whistle blue to go back for the freekick. You'd at least think it waited to see where the ball landed (it would have gone out for a corner anyway).

However, maybe it's just me, but the fouls part makes no sense. Most people don't want a complete revert to demo, they just want more fouls.
Lets also add - rightly given fouls.
No one wants fouls just for the sake of it.
But physicality is there, collisions are there, shoulder barges are there.
Its important to blow the whistle when we are being thrown around like a rag doll by AI. Thats all I want. Proper referees. Fair for both - user and AI

IMG-20190918-142003.jpg

"'Stick to your near post", he said...'

On fouls: I'm still not seeing a major problem. But perhaps I'm used to the rough and tumble.

On commentary: I always have commentary off. On every football game ever. Without limitless lines it's never going to be realistic.

IMG-20190918-142003.jpg

"'Stick to your near post", he said...'

On fouls: I'm still not seeing a major problem. But perhaps I'm used to the rough and tumble.

On commentary: I always have commentary off. On every football game ever. Without limitless lines it's never going to be realistic.

Doesn't have to be limitless but it does need changing up now and again.

Fouls and free kicks will need to be fixed at the same time otherwise the scorelines will look like every game was settled on pens.

I'm very happy about the fix to the passing through the midfield to the defence - the AI rinses me on this because I play a high line and high press. The failure of defenders to react was a real issue to, it's cost me goals certainly.

I'm still way behind on my PES revival to know exactly how I feel about certain aspects of the game, but I do feel a lot better about things I initially hated simply because I upped the match length and went with the flow. I still think the AI's passing accuracy could be toned down but maybe half the issue is the lack of a midfield to test the AI's accuracy, as it has acres of space to pass into.

I like the bit where the devs said they'll address def line and midfield. Honestly this has always been a HUGE problem for all this gen. Gameplay would reach another level with proper positioning.

However, maybe it's just me, but the fouls part makes no sense. Most people don't want a complete revert to demo, they just want more fouls. Don't know why they would mix the two things..

Shouldn't be too difficult to do something about it, I think many people would be happy if no foul was called if you make contact with the ball before making contact with the player. It should be a simple thing for the game to figure out. I know that in real football there is no such rule, and some sliding tackles are fouls even if you do get the ball first, but in the context of a video game (with fouls basically bugged in the demo) I think most of us would be perfectly ok with a solution like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom