eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Are there any good generic stadiums that suit English sides?
All I've seen are stadiums that are generic but have Italian signs and adboards throughout the stadium, bit of an immersion killer right there.

Playing my club, still feel it plays clunky online compared to anything outside my club. The problem is, I love my club so I persist although I know it's a much better experience outside of it.

Also, since 2016 I'v been Fifa so I play like fifa. I cannot get my head around speed dash or how to do it, when I attempt it goes wrong so find it difficult to kick into space. I hit the right stick as I would in Fifa but end up doing a finesse dribble or something so have trouble working the ball into space to run onto. I need to get to grips.

I'm now at top team spirit but it still frustrates me with player response. vs com games are good and patient, online is horrible but again I'm drawn to it.

I find the team pressure hard to play around, this doesn't happen in vs matches. Vs matches are respectful, slower and enjoyable still with a challenge.

Online pressure is just mad and not fun, especially when I can't seem to do it back either :)

I play PA1 so with pressure on me I don't have time on the ball to play well. Not enjoyable, it's more hit a hope. The same with chance creation and shooting. Because I can't seem to master the art of holding, dribbling and knocking the ball into space if I don't shoot as soon as the ball gets to my striker I'm tackled due to pressure and chance gone.

If I get the shot off, it's usually either straight at the keeper, wide or scuffed.

Does anyone have any tips for a Fifa player wanting to enjoy myclub?

Love it outside of myclub due to slower pace so I suppose what I'm asking for is the best way to learn the PES tricks to handle pressure as my muscle memory is Fifa.

Thanks

Doz

PS, also, what is this super cancel I keep hearing about and how do you use it?

Again, Fifa player so I assume that a cancel negates a previous input (Don't know how to do it though) so what exactly does a super cancel do and what makes it more super than a cancel (Sounds like a fighting game)?

I've seen it mentioned as a tactical option rather than a cancel but I just don't understand what it does or how to do it so any help would be gratefully received.
This might be helpful to you:

R3 (aka press RS)! guys... come on! basics! ;)

again, i can only recommend reading the manual that comes with the game and go to the training ground! practice!!
dont want to come across like rude or something...!
edit: again, please dont get me wrong here. i just want all of you to know what controls are in the game so you can embrace a good PES2020!

edit2: you can and should combine that with choosing a direction (LS). produces some lovely variety of outcomes!!

Ah I do know the RS thing, just never thought of using it in such a situation as shown on the video. Frankly, it looked and must have felt awesome! lol

I'm really enjoying ML at the moment. I've not put in a huge amount of time owing to life stuff, and I'm mainly playing this particular round to get used to the game before I do a proper ML with a Championship team. But I'm playing as Man Utd with manual passing, advanced through balls and basic shooting against Professional AI.

My passing has really got back up to speed now, I don't know how much of it was the team spirit being in the mid 60s and how much of it was rusty thumbs. But I'm managing to put together some excellent passing moves. I'm still finding dribbling hard, BUT a bit more time with it has done a world of good for me. I've scored a few great goals with Daniel James cutting inside. In particular I'm avoiding taking people on for the sake of it, which I was doing a lot at first to try and get to grips with it.

I must admit I mostly find the finesse dribbling a bit pointless. Maybe that will come with time. I also think that shielding by not pressing a direction is really counterintuitive, and the AI still manages to muscle you off the ball too easily in certain circumstances.

Regarding switching to manual from basic/advanced - right now I'm on basic shooting because I just wasn't scoring from distance on manual, even when I felt my shots were pretty good. I have a tendency to press L2 when I shoot so half of my finishes are still manual, but I thought I'd rather focus on getting the passing fine tuned and work on my manual shooting once I find chances much easier to come by. Later, once I've nailed manual shooting, I'll bump up the difficulty.

I'm really enjoying ML at the moment. I've not put in a huge amount of time owing to life stuff, and I'm mainly playing this particular round to get used to the game before I do a proper ML with a Championship team. But I'm playing as Man Utd with manual passing, advanced through balls and basic shooting against Professional AI.

My passing has really got back up to speed now, I don't know how much of it was the team spirit being in the mid 60s and how much of it was rusty thumbs. But I'm managing to put together some excellent passing moves. I'm still finding dribbling hard, BUT a bit more time with it has done a world of good for me. I've scored a few great goals with Daniel James cutting inside. In particular I'm avoiding taking people on for the sake of it, which I was doing a lot at first to try and get to grips with it.

I must admit I mostly find the finesse dribbling a bit pointless. Maybe that will come with time. I also think that shielding by not pressing a direction is really counterintuitive, and the AI still manages to muscle you off the ball too easily in certain circumstances.

Regarding switching to manual from basic/advanced - right now I'm on basic shooting because I just wasn't scoring from distance on manual, even when I felt my shots were pretty good. I have a tendency to press L2 when I shoot so half of my finishes are still manual, but I thought I'd rather focus on getting the passing fine tuned and work on my manual shooting once I find chances much easier to come by. Later, once I've nailed manual shooting, I'll bump up the difficulty.

Your experience mirrors mine quite a lot (in terms of settings). I jumped straight in with Master League defaults and Championship though!
I'm still using R2 sparingly (mainly when receiving the ball for position), but it has got me through tight spaces with 2 defenders around me a few times now (I should record the next time I squeeze through the pack but I haven't video me gaming since PES 4 using Fraps!
I prefer the shifting of weight you can do now with just LS rather than using R2 for making space on the wing for a cross though R2 limits the change of pace more than I want for out wide.

Did you notice how offensive Peter Drury is in that game? I was playing against Real Madrid last time and he kept saying
- Bale with a short one...

Size isnt everything! And what does that got to do with football??

The commentary is probably the worst thing in PES, its hardly changed for the last 3 years and they should learn from other game.

They just released an official statement.
- FOULS WONT BE FIXED
-
AI dribbling wont be fixed
- overpowered free kicks wont be fixed

Just some random stuff no one asked for.

They just released an official statement.
- FOULS WONT BE FIXED
-
AI dribbling wont be fixed
- overpowered free kicks wont be fixed

I didnt see any official statement apart from the one few days back, which was describing incoming changes.
I believe they said they need more time to find the right balance, which is fine by me. Last thing we need is a quick fix, like 1.2 patch that didnt make things better.

Indeed there were many asking about the "deep defensive line" and the "AI passes directly to their forward with no midfield battle".

Also, improving player reaction to loose balls was a main issue through this years, where players did stupid things when loosing the ball. I think it's not random stuff.

Hi mates, I like to share you this game played on v1.0:

Master League - Superstar difficulty. Not my best game, but not bad to manage Cagliari.

1 Look to ball deflection after every tackle. Just the definition of ball freedom.

2 Defensive move done by Srna in minute 3:40 it's pure football. How uses his body to win the position without touching the ball. How it remains totally independent to both players. Just shows the benefits of have no glue in pre patch version.

3 The AI it's smart, a lot more than demo. Maybe like 1.2, but feels natural and no cheating bcz the freedom.

It shows that 1.0 it's really satifiying and challenging. Making defending easier and cut off freedom only makes the game feel poorer, and shows an outdated way to understand the basics.

The free kicks are absolutely ridiculous. It's almost a guaranteed goal for the A.i every time.

It's not really an issue with the AI. With at least 65 set pieces I'll score every time from the kicks the AI scores as well. It's just that it's too easy to negate the wall and accurately find the goal. It needs more variation in accuracy, pace and/or curl in order to reduce the successful attempts. At the moment the best counter is to not foul them too close to your goal :CONF:

I didnt see any official statement apart from the one few days back, which was describing incoming changes.
I believe they said they need more time to find the right balance, which is fine by me. Last thing we need is a quick fix, like 1.2 patch that didnt make things better.

EEvt-uZXsAEMkZh

@PRO_TOO for the tutorial! I was wandering how often you guys use super cancel?

Pretty much every goal kick. In transition in midfield without the ball and for most corners and even some corners. When playing a long ball into space it might be required to intercept the ball on the bounce as well. It's automatic for me now (has been for years) and I'd hate to be without it.

It makes Master League signings feel so much more satisfying when a player added means you can do something you simply couldn't do before. Like having different options in a position means you can change your entire tactics if you want and know they will work better now with this new cog in the machine.
i remember the times when i was looking only for a trait a player brings to the pitch rather than stats (let alone OVR rating!!)!
finding a player on the market that has that one single ability no other team mate had... and then the flow of your team playing changed because of that. that was stuff i really liked to do... dig deep, compare, buy the player and then see how he and his abilities affect the teams performance!
i was building teams around abilities not stats! :)

Ah I do know the RS thing, just never thought of using it in such a situation as shown on the video. Frankly, it looked and must have felt awesome! lol
yeah, im pretty sure that felt awesome!! :D
i mostly use it to lay off a high pass reaching my player and i have the opponent in the back next to me. sometimes i use it in one-on-one situations to change directions. and one thing i use it for as well is when i'm heading towards goal and want to lift the ball up only a little to release a rocket with full power!

Last edited:
Just read the FB announcement, seems like more progress and should finally stop the demo talk. They aren't going back there and as much as I likedit I'm happy about it as 1. 2 is class

1. Better player reaction to loose balls
We will be improving how players react to loose balls, ensuring that they will do their best to try and gain possession.
This will ensure an exciting gameplay for 1 vs 1 duels in the sidelines or the battle for the ball in the penalty box.

2. Better positioning of the defense line and midfield line
Some people pointed out that there was a gap between the defense line and the midfield line, which allowed killer passes to reach the foward attackers with ease.
We noticed that this resulted in a fast-paced game, since it was possible for the ball to reach the front lines with only a few passes.

That's massive! I love that!

The commentary is probably the worst thing in PES, its hardly changed for the last 3 years and they should learn from other game.
I always stick the commentary on Italian. I don't understand a single word so there's nothing to get irritated by & I also find Italian quite pleasant to listen to so it works as background noise for immersion.

I would rather listen to death metal on full blast repeatedly than put up with Drury & Beglin. PES must employ a new commentary duo for next gen. Personally I'd quite like them to let 'The true Brits' have a go. He'd be great I think.

Im fine with this. I dont think reverting to demo would be a wise choice, I also think quick fix wont fix anything.
Having said that - they need to find balance in foul system.
AI is getting away with murder, while user is being punished quite often.
If it takes time to find the right balance - so be it.
Other point regarding more build up and better player reactions are also very important to the overall feeling.

That's massive! I love that!

I have just been testing a game play patch -41 and 42 and my comments on it were going to be that too often a loose ball went in front of a defender and my player was able to run over and get it from them before they reacted

Also, with a fast player you can run from your defence and get to in their half and pass to your CF

Indeed there were many asking about the "deep defensive line" and the "AI passes directly to their forward with no midfield battle".

Also, improving player reaction to loose balls was a main issue through this years, where players did stupid things when loosing the ball. I think it's not random stuff.

Those would be just fine tuning some stuff. Not mandatory changes. If we have broken fouls, broken free kicks, broken ai dribbling why adjust player reaction and df line? I mean...

I have just been testing a game play patch -41 and 42 and my comments on it were going to be that too often a loose ball went in front of a defender and my player was able to run over and get it from them before they reacted

Also, with a fast player you can run from your defence and get to in their half and pass to your CF

Yeah!
And I've seen a lot of people complaining about players going full dumb and standing still instead of going for the ball which resulted in losing possession. So that's a big plus.

AND... on top of that we'll finally have less space between defense and midfield which will undoubtedly result in more fight for possession and having to build up the play. I think this will be great.

Fouls were great in the demo but I haven't really complained much about it in the final game.
Haven't started a ML yet. But in exhibition mode I've had fouls in almost every match I've played.

Back
Top Bottom