eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

The reason this seems like a low shot is because it is a through-ball. 'Shoot then through pass button' is a new control this year that is a 'shot feint through pass', so perhaps works as a low shot but is actually a pass.
I have test this (shoot button, tap the Through Pass button immediately) but the result was nothing or try to make fake shot.So for low shot on manual shooting we just have to tap shot with minimal or very low power

Thanks! It is what I do, but just my two attackers are responding, my midfielder are watching them from the back. How long do you press it?
It does not have to do with longevity dude. (Sorry If rushed, i have not still read your initial question post, cause in morning I read the forum from bottom to top :P ) You Jeep pressed one time the shot or :square: or whatever you have button for second press, and the player with the second “fade” indicator is pressing. If you double tap , the manual says second player is coming to press, but I assume he is close to the second indicator player.
What I see for sure is that it works in a PES-way, you push the button, your action is registered, you wait for the action to happen and vice versa.
It is not like “oh my MF has better position than my CF, lets push the press button again to change the command”, that’s how it should be. But the pes-way in timing is “ oh my MF has better position, lets second pressure with him” and the game says , “wait for the previous 2nd press animation to disposses your player, re-press the button but wait for the animation to be executed and until then the cursor change system will change you false to the player you wanted to use and someone from your defense will be disposed by 2nd pressure.....And life goes on!!! :P

Last edited:
I'm not pointing to just one game. If you check my posts I have already said that I'm using Leicester in a ML and I'm having an average of 10-14 fouls per game in total, 25min match time.

That's what you did though. You suggested that we're being too harah because one half of a football match only had 3 fouls in it.

What I'm trying to say is that most of us we are very judgmental to a videogame that this year does most things right.

I think people are well within their rights to be judgmental on a product that they were sold via a demo as playing one way that now plays another way.

I agree that you can draw fouls in this game but there's definitely a change that is deserving of criticism.

I agree for the most part. Think someone said there were 20 fouls in a recent EPL encounter. Divide that by 9 and it would still suggest the game is accurate based on a 10min match but that shouldn't be the measure used in any case. Fouling should scale differently to what the maths suggests.

The divide by 9 theory doesn't work though, as for it to be an effective theory you'd have to divide everything by 9. There were 3.02 goals per game on average in the Premier League last year but if you scaled down the goals by dividing by 9 then people would be up in arms.

I absolutely agree with you that it needs to be scaled differently.

I agree for the most part. Think someone said there were 20 fouls in a recent EPL encounter. Divide that by 9 and it would still suggest the game is accurate based on a 10min match but that shouldn't be the measure used in any case. Fouling should scale differently to what the maths suggests.

However, I'd say regards foul "sensitivity" they should nudge it closer to the demo but not all the way. Reason for this is that if the do increase foul sensitivity just a bit more towards demo it will have a positive impact on other things. If they go all the way back to demo then I reckon we end up with a much easier game. I definitely don't want that.

I honestly think this 1.2 was a little rushed and while not ideal I can empathise with why they looked to implement the "fix", as it seemed a fair few players that grew to like the foul sensitivity were at first very vocal about it being too much. I actually take encouragement from this rushed fix as it now seems people are realizing they should be careful what they wish for.

In my opinion it appears that demo foul sensitivity was how the game was intended by the developers.

As for these other 1.0 differences. I don't notice them. Ball free in both versions etc.. It is simply that foul fix that has had a bit of a trickle down effect.
This is the big deal. Divide by 9 or no? If you divide by 9 is it simulation or emulation*. Cause you steal play 90 digital minutes , not 10 real minutes. I have the same mind, divide by 9 but I don’t think it can be applied in all stats.

*equitation

Last edited:
I have test this (shoot button, tap the Through Pass button immediately) but the result was nothing or try to make fake shot.So for low shot on manual shooting we just have to tap shot with minimal or very low power

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but if you are on manual crossing then you can also use the cross button to shoot, double tap for a low hard shot.

This is the big deal. Divide by 9 or no? If you divide by 9 is it simulation or emulation. Cause you steal play 90 digital minutes , not 10 real minutes. I have the same mind, divide by 9 but I don’t think it can be applied in all stats.

If nothing else it's divide by six. Ball is in play for around 60 minutes in a match, give or take, whereas a 'game match' cuts out that lost time.

But yes, scaling it like so doesn't apply to all stats. Such an argument also affects game speed and player ability. To provide realistic scorelines over a reduced time, something has to give. Players have to be better, technically, than they are in real life and, or, player or ball movement will be sped up.

Knitting it all together in a balanced way is the challenge, a challenge both games have very much struggled to meet recently.

Yeah I agree with the sentiment. I used to use the "but in real life x is like this" argument too but as i acknowledged in the years, it just falls flat the moment you realize fifa and Pes are very very far from a "simulation" or from a pursue of one.

Whatever they put in must work in a 10-15 minute environment. This is enough to actually have zero things exactly as in real life if you want to keep the thing playable. All they can do is scale and hope it still feels coherent.

One great match to try even in exhibition mode is Celtic V Rangers - superstar, full manual, ad through ball,, all guiding arrows off. Pitch side cam 5 zoom, zero height, 10 angle, 0 speed.. That is insane. I had 5 fouls by half time (thanks for advice on using manual pass button to dribble, won 2 freekicks with that top)

Means nothing either. I made a team of a bunch of players I like that where most have little to no link to each other in real life and I had 83 team spirit from the start of ML.

GK - Igor Akinfeev
CB - Juan Jesus
CB - Ethan Ampadu
CB - Jeffrey Bruma
DMF - Blaise Matuidi
DMF - Marek Hamsik
AMF - Diego
RMF - Ricardo Quaresma
LMF - Marcus Thuram
CF - Gabriel Barbosa
CF - Tim Weah

Why would that group have 83 team spirit immediately? What even is the criteria for it?

If you altered the team before starting the ML then it treats all players starting in the squad the same (as if they've been together for a long period). The only negatives to team spirit in this instance would be players not in their favoured position (green rather than light blue) and players who don't match the chosen tactics well (although that might be forced good when editing them into a team as well for all I know).

Playing my club, still feel it plays clunky online compared to anything outside my club. The problem is, I love my club so I persist although I know it's a much better experience outside of it.

Also, since 2016 I'v been Fifa so I play like fifa. I cannot get my head around speed dash or how to do it, when I attempt it goes wrong so find it difficult to kick into space. I hit the right stick as I would in Fifa but end up doing a finesse dribble or something so have trouble working the ball into space to run onto. I need to get to grips.

I'm now at top team spirit but it still frustrates me with player response. vs com games are good and patient, online is horrible but again I'm drawn to it.

I find the team pressure hard to play around, this doesn't happen in vs matches. Vs matches are respectful, slower and enjoyable still with a challenge.

Online pressure is just mad and not fun, especially when I can't seem to do it back either :)

I play PA1 so with pressure on me I don't have time on the ball to play well. Not enjoyable, it's more hit a hope. The same with chance creation and shooting. Because I can't seem to master the art of holding, dribbling and knocking the ball into space if I don't shoot as soon as the ball gets to my striker I'm tackled due to pressure and chance gone.

If I get the shot off, it's usually either straight at the keeper, wide or scuffed.

Does anyone have any tips for a Fifa player wanting to enjoy myclub?

Love it outside of myclub due to slower pace so I suppose what I'm asking for is the best way to learn the PES tricks to handle pressure as my muscle memory is Fifa.

Thanks

Doz

PS, also, what is this super cancel I keep hearing about and how do you use it?

Again, Fifa player so I assume that a cancel negates a previous input (Don't know how to do it though) so what exactly does a super cancel do and what makes it more super than a cancel (Sounds like a fighting game)?

I've seen it mentioned as a tactical option rather than a cancel but I just don't understand what it does or how to do it so any help would be gratefully received.

Last edited:
One great match to try even in exhibition mode is Celtic V Rangers - superstar, full manual, ad through ball,, all guiding arrows off. Pitch side cam 5 zoom, zero height, 10 angle, 0 speed.. That is insane. I had 5 fouls by half time (thanks for advice on using manual pass button to dribble, won 2 freekicks with that top)

Yeah, it's the same for the other kind of derbies.. apparently the rival aggression style this year gets triggered even in exhibitions, used to not happen the editions before at least that I remember of.

Exactly. What's the point if not to build your squad and keep you interested for the whole year? Having a god squad so early on quickly becomes boring.

I miss the first online mode (Master League Online). In this you actually had a wage/transfer budget and bought players just like in the Master League and players values fluctuated as more people bought them and they performed better. It had many flaws though (like you'd buy Tim Cahill for a striker as his main position was AM with an overall rating for that position that was 8 points lower than for CF, so you got him cheaper. More importantly, it didn't support a micro-transaction model :FAIL:

Biggest gripe i have is the fouling, not the quantity but the things being called for fouls.
I can have possession in an around the AI box, get absolutely pole axed my wee pixel guy gets flattened, no foul.

AI has the ball in a wide area, i work the ball carrier into a trap with 2nd man pressure, move in to take the ball clean and the whistle goes for a foul.

Its all over the place imo and could be improved significantly by having certain levels of leniency built into the refs AI. They would not need to mess around with the fouling system so much as some refs would blow for the slightest coming together and others would let the game flow.

Im sure this used to be an element in ISS, could be wrong though.

BTW enjoying the game very much other than most of whats been mentioned on here.

Playing my club, still feel it plays clunky online compared to anything outside my club. The problem is, I love my club so I persist although I know it's a much better experience outside of it.

Also, since 2016 I'v been Fifa so I play like fifa. I cannot get my head around speed dash or how to do it, when I attempt it goes wrong so find it difficult to kick into space. I hit the right stick as I would in Fifa but end up doing a finesse dribble or something so have trouble working the ball into space to run onto. I need to get to grips.

I'm now at top team spirit but it still frustrates me with player response. vs com games are good and patient, online is horrible but again I'm drawn to it.

I find the team pressure hard to play around, this doesn't happen in vs matches. Vs matches are respectful, slower and enjoyable still with a challenge.

Online pressure is just mad and not fun, especially when I can't seem to do it back either :)

I play PA1 so with pressure on me I don't have time on the ball to play well. Not enjoyable, it's more hit a hope. The same with chance creation and shooting. Because I can't seem to master the art of holding, dribbling and knocking the ball into space if I don't shoot as soon as the ball gets to my striker I'm tackled due to pressure and chance gone.

If I get the shot off, it's usually either straight at the keeper, wide or scuffed.

Does anyone have any tips for a Fifa player wanting to enjoy myclub?

Love it outside of myclub due to slower pace so I suppose what I'm asking for is the best way to learn the PES tricks to handle pressure as my muscle memory is Fifa.

Thanks

Doz

If you wanna play somewhat more relaxed but with at least some competitive feeling (virtual points at stake (lol), going up/down in divisions) you should try Online Divisions and give PA0 a go. Set your search field to "similar settings" which get's you paired with other PA0- people. People tend to play more "realistic" and use smaller/lesser teams. The pace is great and you get more time on the ball. Some people will give you crap if you don't fo full manual (if you don't use manual shooting) but ignore them. :)

Biggest gripe i have is the fouling, not the quantity but the things being called for fouls.
I can have possession in an around the AI box, get absolutely pole axed my wee pixel guy gets flattened, no foul.

AI has the ball in a wide area, i work the ball carrier into a trap with 2nd man pressure, move in to take the ball clean and the whistle goes for a foul.

Its all over the place imo and could be improved significantly by having certain levels of leniency built into the refs AI. They would not need to mess around with the fouling system so much as some refs would blow for the slightest coming together and others would let the game flow.

Im sure this used to be an element in ISS, could be wrong though.

BTW enjoying the game very much other than most of whats been mentioned on here.

This can be mostly mitigated with better timing and ball protection. At the time it can often feel unfair, but through playing with bad players for a longer period you get to understand what's happening. I certainly now get fouled more often than I foul.
The biggest issue masking it is that players fall over a little too easily at times. So you don't get given a foul when you think you should because their light pressure made you fall over. A few too many tackles take the ball, you could easily recover while opponent is on the floor, but the slightest brush past their foot and you go down in a heap with them!

PS. Not forgetting the occasional ridiculous foul given when you kick the ball (shot/cross/clearance any will do that involves the slightest lunge) and a late challenge is caught by your kick and the foul goes against you rather than for you. Not sure what bad calculation is but it can be comical. Luckily I only see it once every 15 games or so.

Demo and 1.0 full game, very good. The more I play 1.2 the more I'm finding fault with defending. You can't defend as you want on as even if you're the greatest defender ever the game often wont pick the player you want to control until it's too late. Plus, no one really marks anyone, they stay away from them and your human or AI opponent can then just in 1 or max 2 passes get it straight to the feet of the striker every time, it's literally impossible to stop. As you can't control every player and the AI don't do their job. It is also made too easy because the defensive line, midfield line and attack line are so far apart way too often, even when given loads of time to get into position. And the defensive or central midfielders don't block the passes lanes into the strikers or wingers at all. so you're left with just trying to press everywhere and that is horrible.

In attack, I've realised you can still protect and shield the ball nice and turn tight with left stick + special controls button R2, so that's something.

Oh and I just got two pens in one game v the AI. Both related to turning with R2.

Last edited:
Demo and 1.0 full game, very good. The more I play 1.2 the more I'm finding fault with defending. You can't defend as you want on semi auto cursor, as even if you're the greatest defender ever the game often wont pick the player you want to control until it's too late. Plus, no one really marks anyone, they stay away from them and your human or AI opponent can then just in 1 or max 2 passes get it straight to the feet of the striker every time, it's literally impossible to stop. As you can't control every player and the AI don't do their job. It is also made too easy because the defensive line, midfield line and attack line are so far apart way too often, even when given loads of time to get into position. And the defensive or central midfielders don't block the passes lanes into the strikers or wingers at all. so you're left with just trying to press everywhere and that is horrible.

In attack, I've realised you can still protect and shield the ball nice and turn tight with left stick + special controls button R2, so that's something.
After pes2015 i am playing counter-attack+conservative pressure+All out defense. What i see since pes2018 but too obvious in the 2020 ver 1.2, even in CPU through bals, when the ball is 50-50 and closer to my defender, he tends to collapse with the rest D-line in my penalty area, leaving the attacker to take the ball. What stops me from change to frontline pressure, is the last time i used it in 2016, my defense line was based on midfield line, resulting cpu starting all their 1-on1counter attacks from midfield line, were it was also my last CB and the offside line, despite i was setting my Defence Line to deepest option. It is a mystery for me until now.

I miss the first online mode (Master League Online). In this you actually had a wage/transfer budget and bought players just like in the Master League and players values fluctuated as more people bought them and they performed better. It had many flaws though (like you'd buy Tim Cahill for a striker as his main position was AM with an overall rating for that position that was 8 points lower than for CF, so you got him cheaper. More importantly, it didn't support a micro-transaction model :FAIL:
Master League Online was great. I can't believe they scrapped the idea.

(Well I can, it's because of £$£).

myClub is soulless, arcadey BS.

29A87196-99C5-49B7-BFEE-7EBDC7C7D66C.jpeg wtf Konami, I so much wanna love this game and not go running arms open back to FIFA, but it seems like like PES is pushing me back!

So contracts (see pic) at least 6/7 of my team have 1 yr contracts, Wesley who Aston Villa paid 23 million for in the summer (2019) runs out 1 yr later? Yeah whatever and 4 of them have refused new contracts and are leaving after one season, I’m sorry PES but this is laughable.

View attachment 20165 wtf Konami, I so much wanna love thishatever and 4 of them have refused new contracts and are leaving after one season, I’m sorry PES fan boys but this is laughable.
FYI we are not responsible for the game development. We are currently in the same side as you regarding ML problems.

PS: plus unfortunately i am not a boy the last 15 years. :(

View attachment 20165 wtf Konami, I so much wanna love this game and not go running arms open back to FIFA, but it seems like like PES is pushing back!

So contracts (see pic) at least 6/7 of my team have 1 yr contracts, Wesley who Aston Villa paid 23 million for in the summer (2019) runs out 1 yr later? Yeah whatever and 4 of them have refused new contracts and are leaving after one season, I’m sorry PES fan boys but this is laughable.

Looks like a little bit of a DB issue for some players contracts. Is there a decent editor for player contracts alteration in option files?

Certainly not a reason to abandon a far better game.

This can be mostly mitigated with better timing and ball protection. At the time it can often feel unfair, but through playing with bad players for a longer period you get to understand what's happening. I certainly now get fouled more often than I foul.
The biggest issue masking it is that players fall over a little too easily at times. So you don't get given a foul when you think you should because their light pressure made you fall over. A few too many tackles take the ball, you could easily recover while opponent is on the floor, but the slightest brush past their foot and you go down in a heap with them!

PS. Not forgetting the occasional ridiculous foul given when you kick the ball (shot/cross/clearance any will do that involves the slightest lunge) and a late challenge is caught by your kick and the foul goes against you rather than for you. Not sure what bad calculation is but it can be comical. Luckily I only see it once every 15 games or so.

I disagree here as the AI seems to come through the back a helluva lot and no foul is blown, i do the same and its a foul.
Its way off and needs looked at imo.

Looks like a little bit of a DB issue for some players contracts. Is there a decent editor for player contracts alteration in option files?

It might be a reason for @Eltoro1234 to stop playing PES 2020 though? I've got to say mate, I find your posts very condescending and you've got an answer for every one of PES 2020's flaws as if it's the perfect football game.

I've got news for you - it's not.

Unfortunately it’s not the only thing that’s causing problems, can’t upload videos I’ve taken because a the 10 sec video is to large

It might be a reason for @Eltoro1234 to stop playing PES 2020 though? I've got to say mate, I find your posts very condescending and you've got an answer for every one of PES 2020's flaws as if it's the perfect football game.

I've got news for you - it's not.

I’m sorry you feel I’m being condescending, but when people given10/10s blindly it’s hard not to be, a bit childish of me I realise Cant cope with all the faults and desperate not to return to the money grabbing Fifa (EA sports)

View attachment 20165 wtf Konami, I so much wanna love this game and not go running arms open back to FIFA, but it seems like like PES is pushing me back!

So contracts (see pic) at least 6/7 of my team have 1 yr contracts, Wesley who Aston Villa paid 23 million for in the summer (2019) runs out 1 yr later? Yeah whatever and 4 of them have refused new contracts and are leaving after one season, I’m sorry PES but this is laughable.

Post this on Konami feedback thread in facebook and tag Adam on twitter, I think this is simple to solve.

Back
Top Bottom