eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

@slamsoze
The PEU league,do you know it's regulation!
If I remember correctly,it's not like Serie A etc with 4 teams to CL and 4 to EL.
Any clues to how is set up?
May edit that league (not BL)

My advice is not to take one single 45 minutes of a football match that suits your argument and conclude that it reflects football generally.

http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_fouls

Granted this is just Premier League, but you can see that the average fouls per game is around 10 for each team in each game, so around 20 fouls a game.

Widen your research if you want to make a point that holds some weight.

To be fair that isn't a comparison to make. Football matches last 90 minutes. I'm sure if you played a 90 minute match of pes you would easily hit those numbers.

Im averaging 6-10 fouls a game in 12 minute games which seems pretty realistic considering the timing.

Last edited:
That's because European Football kills dribblers.
I've seen plenty of GREAT players with such an incredible personal imprint from South America go to European clubs and totally lose what made them stand out in the first place. Aguero (as great as he is now as a CF) is a great example.

He used to do that type of play all the time.
But they brainwashed him when he went to Atletico Madrid. Some people call that evolve.

So today it is all about passing. Holding on to the ball as little as possible.
So you don't see as many aggressive tackles as in the 90s or 80s.

Maradona used to be practically annihilated, almost criminally tackled.
Refs punish those type of tackles more severely these days and players get rid of the ball quickly.

Thats true indeed.

Solo plays seem to happen way less often in mordern football, too much turn and pass with slow progress to attack, hardly any player attempts to get the ball and sprint down tô attack. Mentality is different now.

Back in the days I was always so excited to watch Young Ronaldo in the 90s playing because of his Crazy runs. Im a big fan of him for a reason, one of the most excting player tô watch ever on his good days (before injury)

To be fair that isn't a comparison to make. Football matches last 90 minutes. I'm sure if you played a 90 minute match of pes you would easily hit those numbers.

Im averaging 6-10 fouls a game in 12 minute games which seems pretty realistic considering the timing.

I agree for the most part. Think someone said there were 20 fouls in a recent EPL encounter. Divide that by 9 and it would still suggest the game is accurate based on a 10min match but that shouldn't be the measure used in any case. Fouling should scale differently to what the maths suggests.

However, I'd say regards foul "sensitivity" they should nudge it closer to the demo but not all the way. Reason for this is that if the do increase foul sensitivity just a bit more towards demo it will have a positive impact on other things. If they go all the way back to demo then I reckon we end up with a much easier game. I definitely don't want that.

I honestly think this 1.2 was a little rushed and while not ideal I can empathise with why they looked to implement the "fix", as it seemed a fair few players that grew to like the foul sensitivity were at first very vocal about it being too much. I actually take encouragement from this rushed fix as it now seems people are realizing they should be careful what they wish for.

In my opinion it appears that demo foul sensitivity was how the game was intended by the developers.

As for these other 1.0 differences. I don't notice them. Ball free in both versions etc.. It is simply that foul fix that has had a bit of a trickle down effect.

Speaking of which, I was looking at @klashman69's tactics thread - great thread - and I'm wondering... There's no way I would apply them all by hand, just no way. But...

Is there any way that the PS4 .TED decrypt/encrypt tool and the Excel file that lets you edit the data could help with this? Have you seen this, Klash?

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes2020-ted-editor-by-smccutcheon-new-release-13-09-19.80590/

Would you be interested in this method or only in creating PDFs? I'd offer to help but my (real-life) workload has just doubled and I'll barely have time to play as of next month...

Yeah i have, i think its best to speak to Sam about this and @zlac who managed to create a tactics batch export for PES 2017.it should be possible for 2020

Its criminal how Konami undersell the game with poor tactics.

i tried that tool last year when i was creating my home team. i did not get i working properly...
i edited stuff on pc then the compiling and hex editing stuff f'd it up somehow...
but i would like to know that as well!
i applied the ManUnited tactic from @klashman69 last night. liked it. but yes, its time consuming to edit them all by hand. wish one huge OF (like PESworld or PESuniverse) would implement his tactics!! that would be perfect!

you are right mate!
dont want to make a discussion out of it. got it!

I think we will do one at PES Universe, issue is we are all working hard on V2 with more teams and more content,

Thanks to whoever suggested Top Player. Had some very enjoyable games this evening.

Going to start a new ML for the 100th time tomorrow but this time on TP and see where it takes me.

Will have to be Serie A, it just feels right in this game.

Ah football games. I love/hate them.
Good to hear pal.
Best of luck
My next game is Vs Lazio...

I’m absolutely useless at doing skills in both this and the other game.

They actually look cool in PES 2020 too, they’re realistic looking.

Someone teach me a basic skill I can do with one of my wingers?

not sure if you guys have seen this but the little things make me more in love by the day with this game:

This game is utterly brilliant.

And klashmans tactics are like.voodoo. it feels like I'm playing a game with brand new AI. His tactics make the pitch seem simultaneously bigger and smaller. The spread of players especially is better and transforms the game. Which also transforms the cpu behaviours.
How konami fail to package it in this way out of the box is beyond comprehension.

I’m absolutely useless at doing skills in both this and the other game.

They actually look cool in PES 2020 too, they’re realistic looking.

Someone teach me a basic skill I can do with one of my wingers?

Try this one- It's a drop of the shoulder to hopefully wrongfoot the defender.

Imagine you are running -->

Hold R2 and flick the right stick up (or down) then move with the left stick roughly in an opposing direction, probably with a double tap of sprint to get you some space.

That's the easiest way of explaining it but I would use it more if I was running from the wing towards the goal at a diagonal (so you'd have to alter your RS command to reflect your movement angle), then do the skill to either cut inside for a shot or cut back out for a cross.

This is one of the few skills I used in previous years as it was just a Right stick flick and was quick to perform, responsive and intuitive but now it requires R2 to be held which, although not that taxing a combination does take away its spontaneity somewhat.

Last edited:
That's because European Football kills dribblers.
I've seen plenty of GREAT players with such an incredible personal imprint from South America go to European clubs and totally lose what made them stand out in the first place. Aguero (as great as he is now as a CF) is a great example.

He used to do that type of play all the time.
But they brainwashed him when he went to Atletico Madrid. Some people call that evolve.

So today it is all about passing. Holding on to the ball as little as possible.
So you don't see as many aggressive tackles as in the 90s or 80s.

Maradona used to be practically annihilated, almost criminally tackled.
Refs punish those type of tackles more severely these days and players get rid of the ball quickly.

This is why i speak about football going downhill. The issue is European football especially the premier league is way way too fast paced and too much about stamina so the core skills are nowhere near as good, just look at Liverpools midfield as a example of this. They have no, nothing even near world class in midfield, just effective athletes.

How the hell did he do that!!?

The answer is a press of R3. Have noticed they have done a wee bit work on possible outcomes when pressed when ball is in the air.

I also highly recommend using the flick and burst move when in possession and ball is on the deck (R3 + Left Stick + Sprint). Something I've learned is very handy through online play and is effective v. AI. It isn't a "skillzy" trick as with a good dribbler is just a quick wee flick n' move at pace.

And if I might also add, the shot power meter isn't strictly a power meter but a trajectory meter, when using basic shooting. You tap shoot and the players positioning is right and he will thump it low. Body position, movement, pace of pass being received, and of course player stats do matter, as does timing. Too early or too late and the connection won't be the desired one. It is a skill in itself NOT defaulting to long shot = power it up. You'll have too more often then not, but identifying when a low drive is on is part of the learning process, and realistic I would say.

But Advanced Shooting is truly wonderful this year. Seeing so much more variety in contacts and ball flights, and it has been loosened up considerably again.

And if I might also add, the shot power meter isn't strictly a power meter but a trajectory meter, when using basic shooting. You tap shoot and the players positioning is right and he will thump it low.
I did notice this myself on manual, which was a surprise in compare to previous versions. Simple tap of the shot button is not a snail anymore and it packs a punch. Which is a nice addition for all that were missing low shots on manual.

And if I might also add, the shot power meter isn't strictly a power meter but a trajectory meter, when using basic shooting. You tap shoot and the players positioning is right and he will thump it low. Body position, movement, pace of pass being received, and of course player stats do matter, as does timing. Too early or too late and the connection won't be the desired one. It is a skill in itself NOT defaulting to long shot = power it up. You'll have too more often then not, but identifying when a low drive is on is part of the learning process, and realistic I would say.

But Advanced Shooting is truly wonderful this year. Seeing so much more variety in contacts and ball flights, and it has been loosened up considerably again.
I was on advanced then switched to manual. Should I go back to advanced? Is it better?

Been Playing in the Chinese super league, is bring back a lot of old skool memories, been playing as dalian Yifang which is the team Marek Hamsik is in, the significant difference in quality when controlling hamsik to the average chinese players is night and day, great stuff
Are you doing a ML mate or just exhibitions? I haven't started a ML yet i can't decide which league/team to pick :BRICK:

@slamsoze
The PEU league,do you know it's regulation!
If I remember correctly,it's not like Serie A etc with 4 teams to CL and 4 to EL.
Any clues to how is set up?
May edit that league (not BL)
According to in game text, with 18 teams size ( I don’t think btw that Konami is so sophisticated to do it according draw size) it is:
1st (champion)-group stage CL
2nd- qualification stage CL
The 3 rest teams EL with the PEU cup winner included. And the spots from every league are locked unfortunately,do not change according to kind of League ranking.
It is 1+1* CL +3EL , but the part about EL is very bad translated in game since last year and it has a spell error this year, the same as last year, which makes things complicated.
I will post a screenshot later. Maybe an English speaker can explain it better.

Back
Top Bottom