eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Personally, i would be happy if they can just tone down the X button effectiveness a little bit. In my view the situations in these videos are not the best example of the ref being broken.

In the match it might of felt different but to you, by just looking at it, i would say in the first video the defender does not stick a leg out or anything. You cant expect him to dissapear, its a collision between players, nothing more. The second one i would consider a very dangerous tackle with a straight leg that could seriously injure the other player. Red card is justifiable.

You can't be serious about that. The 2nd one is not even close to a red - a yellow is not even argueable, the ball was cleary struck first and then foot went down.

The first one, yeah well the game didn't count it as a foul - because subtle fouls where the defender slightly puts his legs out just don't exist in the games code -, but in a real life situation it would have been a penalty.

I bought the digital copy of PES 2020 on PS4 but it feels so different from the demo. I'd like to thank some of this forum members for his posts about the differences between 1.0 and 1.2. I decided to buy the disc version and not apply the patch.

1.0 it's the best representation of the beautiful game we've ever had.

I play FUMA offline. I'd like to list all the things from 1.0 I think we've lost in 1.2:

- More precise control over the players, especially un PA0. Too much inertia on 1.2.
- Better foot planting.
- Advanced through ball more precise, you can put the ball everywhere.
- AI players better awareness attacking and defending.
- Better ball physics.
- More deflections and unpredictability.
- More variety in animations. A lot of players and goalkeepers animations from 1.0 are not in 1.2.
- More variety in situations during the game, attacking and defending.
- More AI variety, dribbling, making long runs with the ball, mixing with passing, crossing, shooting from outside the box.
- Great AI deffending.

You’ve seen the light..enjoy!(it only gets better)..

I bought the digital copy of PES 2020 on PS4 but it feels so different from the demo. I'd like to thank some of this forum members for his posts about the differences between 1.0 and 1.2. I decided to buy the disc version and not apply the patch.

I play FUMA offline. I'd like to list all the things from 1.0 I think we've lost in 1.2:

- More precise control over the players, especially un PA0. Too much inertia on 1.2.
- Better foot planting.
- Better ball physics.
- More variety in animations. A lot of players and goalkeepers animations from 1.0 are not in 1.2.
- More AI variety, dribbling, making long runs with the ball, mixing with passing, crossing, shooting from outside the box.
- Great AI deffending.

I don't belive. How it possible that latest patch 1.2 has less animations and keepers animations compare to patch 1.0.

I don't belive. How it possible that latest patch 1.2 has less animations and keepers animations compare to patch 1.0.

It does..and they removed frames to speed up reaction and response,especially dribbling and trapping..The ball also behaves differently it skids more and floats..I’ve also noticed more player warping in version 1.01.01 so that response isn’t affected.

You can't be serious about that. The 2nd one is not even close to a red - a yellow is not even argueable, the ball was cleary struck first and then foot went down.

The first one, yeah well the game didn't count it as a foul - because subtle fouls where the defender slightly puts his legs out just don't exist in the games code -, but in a real life situation it would have been a penalty.

As I've also said, in the modern game it doesn't matter if you take the ball first if you follow through like that. It would be interesting to get a real referee to watch the game footage to see their take on it. Same with the non-penalty.

As I've also said, in the modern game it doesn't matter if you take the ball first if you follow through like that. It would be interesting to get a real referee to watch the game footage to see their take on it. Same with the non-penalty.

Question: Yellow or red?

francis-coquelin-of-valencia-fouls-mason-mount-of-chelsea-during-the-picture-id1168968345

Red. But a bad refereeing call is a bad refereeing call and this has got little to do with discussing why a game challenge 'could' be a red (as a counter to you saying no way is it a red).

Who said you can’t do 40 yard long rangers on version 1.0..because you can..

Xbox X version..not the best footage from iPhone..

Better quality...capturing is pants on the X

My last post in this thread for a while guys: I’m done with PES until things change. It’s going to CEX tomorrow, I might pick it up next year when the updates have been done etc but there’s still too much wrong with this both as a game and as a package.

Top Player I’m just demolishing teams without even having to think about it - in ML as well.

Super Star on the other hand is absolutely ridiculous. Every game is 1-0, 1-1 or 0-1. It’s tedious.

Couple that with the same issues with lack of stadia, toxic yellow pitch textures, bland shooting and menus which looks they’re from a PS1 game, it’s time to call it a day on PES for another year.

There’s a brilliant game there, somewhere. But I can’t get past the difficulty balancing issues and all the other turgid stuff this time, sorry Konami.

On Ps4 you cant install OF without updating 1.0, on PC we could get around that for sure but we dont have 1.0 at all. Needless to say we are royally f*ed. By now i wish the demo/v1.0 wouldnt have been such a great experience.
If 1.0 is the best one then I really don't care about OFs. I can edit them myself if I think the game's worth my time. Gameplay is what matters to me most.

If 1.0 is the best one then I really don't care about OFs. I can edit them myself if I think the game's worth my time. Gameplay is what matters to me most.

What I’ve done..You know what lami..The gameplay is so good you don’t worry about all the unlicensed content after a while or the need for a option file..

It’s the trade off unless Konami allow us rebels to apply a option file(ain’t going to happen)..

It’s the pc boys I feel for as there stuck with the post patch version.The mind boggles at the mods and what could of been.

Last edited:
What I’ve done..You know what lami..The gameplay is so good you don’t worry about all the unlicensed content after a while or the need for a option file..

It’s the trade off unless Konami allow us rebels to apply a option file(ain’t going to happen)..

It’s the pc boys I feel for as there stuck with the post patch version.The mind boggles at the mods and what could of been.
That's how I've always played PES/WE back on the PS2 :)

Not that it bothers me much, because, like I said - I will be editing teams myself. Was always doing it myself in early days and dont mind doing it again.

But, as a last attempt and brain spark/fart on my side - Where are the edit files kept? Anyone knows?
Would there be no way to find the edit file, or images, copy them and then manually replacing them in the game folder?
Do we even have access to such thing on Ps4?
Not importing images through game editor, just manually pasting them into A folder?
Its probably silly question and I never dwelled deep into any game options and settings, just throwing the idea.

- Better foot planting.
- Better ball physics.
- Great AI deffending.
:LOVE: THIS! :WORSHIP:
at least thats the feeling i am having as well! and behind the curtain (yeah, not everything happens here ;) ), there is more users that agree on this! dont wanna drop names... they can speak for themselves! :D
i have to try playing 1.0 on top player tonight because i dont like the sometimes passive AI. lets see...
there is good and bad in both versions (in all 3, to be exact, when you count in the demo). man... wish 1.3 just brings the best of em all to the table! :PRAY:
one can dream, right! ;)
COM FK's are overpowered, every one on Top Player is a screamer into top corner, no amount of of precisely timed wall jumping can stop it.

And scored this goal last night in my ML (ML Moments Episode 2 link is up over on the ML Adventures thread)
Used Super Cancel to changed Yamga's running path, to intercept the ball in midfield then his pace stats showing as he races away, the fake shot and then the strike past the flailing keeper, all felt very realistic.

man, that last solo run looked ace!! really nice and real situation! love it! :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
But, as a last attempt and brain spark/fart on my side - Where are the edit files kept? Anyone knows?
Team/player data is kept in the EDIT file. You can back this up (via PS Plus for example) and put it back again, but I doubt it'd work with a previous version. It'll just tell you the version numbers don't match.

Image data is kept within the game's installation files themselves. They can't be extracted out of there (other than in individual import/export TED files).

Red and banned for 2 matches.
Yellow. He also hit the ball prior to making contact like that.
Red. But a bad refereeing call is a bad refereeing call and this has got little to do with discussing why a game challenge 'could' be a red (as a counter to you saying no way is it a red).

I agree. Judging a game that's at the end of the day nothing more than 1s and 0s based on how it should happen in reality, is always a tough task. But in the two videos above I strongly agree with the OP: Penalty and no red card.

How many people here play with default ML players? Having only played ML from the start (full game), the players are slow, hard to turn, lack physicality and all that jazz that makes starting with default team rewarding. Crazy ! Just like old times when you had to make do with aging Minanda’s passing stat,or foques shot power.

I have been having such a good time with this old school method. Taking time to learn players individual strength and giving them the right role (see my post history on Canning). Not only has it built affinity towards my team, but letting them go to get that extra million makes it that more dynamic. Ai on the other hand is good as well, patience is rewarded..stringing passes to find that decisive ball or making a rash decision to add pressure to only to be outsmarted by the AI. I like the little touches and it’s nice to see glimpses to old pes and even get that ounce of nostalgia back.

I played an exhibition for the first time and my god it was a joy to play as Neymar. Crazy dribble and speed, can’t wait for my youngsters to hit their prime and get to that level ( if they ever will). But they are just too clunky and young, but I know they will be a star someday.

And all I see is all these YouTubers starting with their top rated clubs, trying to find faults when they already play at top level, never will the get the joy of actually going through a long patience and rewarding process of building your own team and watching them grow. Everything is instant gratification.

Last edited:

Well, just as serious as you can be about a referee decision in a computer game. ;)

Looking at it again i still cant help feeling its a very dangerous frontal tackle and thus a red card can be justified. A standing tackle would have sufficed. Tackling someone from that angle with that speed while being so close just seems overly agressive to me.

If you can injure a player it does not matter if you touch the ball first; that tackle is going straight for the ankle. At least yellow and maybe red. Just calling out what i see. Nothing to do with justifying bad code or anything. For all i know the desicion is based on a bug and not on the speed and angle the foot hits the ankle.

Foul system is by no means perfect but these are just not the best examples, them being too contentieus. I think what makes the whole discussion more difficult is that strictness is very country dependent. What is called a foul in the dutch Eredivise for example would be sometimes laughed at in the Premier League.

Lets just say the tackly is clearly a card in the Eredivisie, while Premier league be like "get up you pussy". So we are both right.

Just something for the manual shooters using the out of the box version..I haven’t tested post patch..

If you push the stick in the direction of goal fully..The ball will be struck low..Your effectively hitting over the top of the ball..

Also important to strike the ball on the correct foot..You can create some amazing angles by applying direction after the power bar starts to fill(manual)..

I simply can’t go back to basic..The variety and context once it clicks on manual!..

Playing exclusively PA0 and TP now,and the difference between that and professional is like two different games,physicality is so different,you don't get bullied of the ball,you can win the ball back etc.
And fouls,no complaints on my end
Really liking it now,though I'd probably get fired after the season:)

Just something for the manual shooters using the out of the box version..I haven’t tested post patch..

If you push the stick in the direction of goal fully..The ball will be struck low..Your effectively hitting over the top of the ball..

Also important to strike the ball on the correct foot..You can create some amazing angles by applying direction after the power bar starts to fill(manual)..

I simply can’t go back to basic..The variety and context once it clicks on manual!..

Thanks Digital, will try it out. That does sound intuitive, if true.

[/QUOTE]

You mean you will do all the transfers, new players, kits, badges yourself? Damn. Its 2006 again :D Isnt there some tool to edit the db with excel on PC?

Last edited:
Haha awesome. Yes I did :D

I edited ball control, dribbling, speed and goalkeeper stats. All -20. This time I haven't felt the need to do anything so far. But I'm still playing unpatched.
Yeah, :D It is seems in pesgaming they have new findings about the stat "TIGHT POSSESSION" in this topic.

LOL. Yet anothe campaign.

EE0atZfWkAAHUdt
This year MyClub became=Insert coin!

Back
Top Bottom