eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

is 1.0.01 the same as 1.0?i just want make sur eim not playing 1.2
I think so!
I will have a look later tonight when I fire up the best PES on PS4 (for me)! I’ll let you know (if @DigitalByDesign isnt faster)!

Enjoying it quite a bit. Started a test ML with Brescia, first match, lost 3-1 on TP to Parma. Good variety all over the pitch, very physical, finished 15 fouls (8 user, 7 CPU), including my CB sent off. Goal I scored was a nice counter attack, pass into the box, sliding shot far post. Used advanced shooting for the first time - pretty fun.

Even though there is a patch update in October (I think?), will be pushing those defensive lines up much higher to get the straight linear passing from being route one.
Yeah, keep it coming Matt!! :)
Are you on 1.2? Disc or digital?!

Yeah, might have got that wrong. Just seen you pretty active. :)
Great that you could hold to your promise!
Are you waiting for patch 1.3 then and how it changes the game?
I’m sticking with the polished demo (aka 1.0) for now! :D
yes waiting for 1.3

i dont doubt i will end up buying it one day

btw has advanced shooting still got that bug where too many shots hit the bar?

yes waiting for 1.3

Alright. Wish you had the opportunity to borrow the disc version somewhere and play 1.0!!
I am on fuma so I can’t tell you if that’s still a prob.!

yes waiting for 1.3

From what i played - yes. Tried just a few and good few of those few hit the bar. More than general statistical probability.

unbelievable

so its broken basically
I didnt spend that much time on Advanced, as it was awkward due to shortened animations in compare to the demo.
But from what I played:
Its more varied than before, there is more outcomes and you can adjust aiming while animation is in progress. Its definetely stepped up, nonetheless I had few that hit crossbar and straight away I though
"Oh, here we go again"...

Edit:
Here are my more detailed impressions about advanced this year. Bare in mind - just a one guys opinion.
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/e...read-ps4-xbox-one.80779/page-102#post-3435954

Last edited:
I think im going to sell this in for fifa Next week. Im mostly an online gamer and this is beyond awful.

Myclub is such boring game mode with no depth whatever. The online play has the worst response times i have seen, with button delay being game breaking. Cursor switching is slow. Finding a match is slow and takes forever. The lack of atmosphere is a pain aswell.

I enjoy the gameplay somewhat on the offline modes but it mostly falls flat. They cant sell this is as a full 50 pound game.

Its bare bones.

I love myclub but they just keep offering agents that basically give away enhanced versions of already star players.
Aside from a new player of the week set they've offered 4 more clubs (After the 4 clubs last week) which offer 3 chances of 3 great players. The Real Madrid one is unbelievable, any 3 of the 8 are amazing.

After week 1 I've got an unbelievable team and today they've released these. I don't get why they're doing this, it's like a season of fun in just one week.

I think im going to sell this in for fifa Next week. Im mostly an online gamer and this is beyond awful.

Myclub is such boring game mode with no depth whatever. The online play has the worst response times i have seen, with button delay being game breaking. Cursor switching is slow. Finding a match is slow and takes forever. The lack of atmosphere is a pain aswell.

I enjoy the gameplay somewhat on the offline modes but it mostly falls flat. They cant sell this is as a full 50 pound game.

Its bare bones.
odd that we have posts like yours and then some that say its literally the greatest iteration of football ever

im more inclined to agree with you for what its worth based on how i viewed pes 16-19

not bad games but not magical either, souless is the word that keeps coming to mind

Something has most certainly been dumbed down since the demo. I now have more control over my player when on the ball but in a bad way, I can't really explain it but I feel more restricted. In the demo I felt I could do all kinds of different things when I had the ball, now it's just stiff.

Players like Lucas Lima and Hernanes was soo good to use in the demo but now they feel generic. It might just be in my head but something is off.

Playing Divisions and PA0, it's fine but it doesn't have that randomness that made demo so lively. And even if you face Juve or Lecce their defenders are on you like glue in an instant as soon as the ball is in the final third. Combine that with the slight input lag and all creativity is gone.

I'm sad.

Last edited:
Something has most certainly been dumbed down since the demo. I now have more control over my player when in the ball but in a bad way, I can't really explain it but I feel more restricted. In the demo I felt I could do all kinds of different things when I had the ball, now it's just stiff.

Players like Lucas Lima and Hernanes was soo good to use in the demo but now they feel generic. It might just be in my head but something is off.

Playing Divisions and PA0, it's fine but it doesn't have that randomness that made demo so lively. And even if you face Juve or Lecce their defenders are on you like glue in an instant as soon as the ball is the final third. Combine that with the slight input lag and all creativity is gone.

I'm sad.
its like

konami: this our game! worked so hard on it,try the demo!
community: wow we love it! keep it like this
2 people on twitter: more fouls needed
konami:completly rework the game!
community: nah its brill just tweaks
konami:shut up loyal community,twitte rhas spoken!

its like

People on Twitter, the ones that like fast frantic, end to end 'fun' online football, called for less fouls, and rather than have some balls and confidence in their direction, Konami buckled, and completely nerfed fouls rather than say 'its simulation, its realistic, learn the new mechanics, learn to defend properly'

Admittedly the demo fouls needed tweaking slightly, as in they were unbalanced, far more given against you than you ever got awarded, but all Konami have done is hit the panic button and dumb them down totally.

So now we are back to the situation where the CPU can ABH/GBH/Assault and hack me down and I don't get anything, but if my arm hair happens to brush against the PS4 dualshock whilst I'm playing, its immediately called as a foul for the COM.

Makes utilizing big strong target men, and smaller niftier wingers almost null and void because they've broken the physicality/referee logic model which makes these types of player stand out.

I bought the game on PC, but I think I'm just gonna go ahead and buy it physically on PS4 so that I can play version 1.0 . I've come to like version 1.2 on PC, but everytime the CPU barges in and pushes my player off the ball it makes me want to throw my controller.

What makes it boring? I've not been bored once with it since release.
Top Player too easy for me even on full manual, with top teams barely threatening the goal if you can use super cancel effectively. Superstar is more "challenging", but in ridiculous cheating ways that make it a chore to play, and they still barely ever score goals against me.

I've found offline boring in football games pretty much forever anyway; it's just not as satisfying to me to pull something off against a primitive AI compared to against a human player - I only gave it a go this time because of how goddamn awful/unplayable online is compared to 2018 and 2019.

its like

It's funny because I hear people say they don't listen and I hear people say they're listening to the wrong people.

I'm sure every listen to whoever is willing to reach out to them but I doubt they really put that much stock into what people tell them via Twitter or any other medium when it comes to what they choose to address.

Because people are fickle. They have differing opinions and want differing experiences.

I don't understand why anyone would think that any single part of a 'community' would that great an influence on development especially considering a lot of said community likely knows little to nothing about game development or football/soccer.

I feel bad for people who are having issues on master league on superstar. I'm 2nd in the league with Everton and have won matches 3,4,5 nil. Highest being 7-1. Once I got dribbling down I haven't had a problem breaking defences down or creating chances.

The hard games are hard and the easy games are easy. Haven't had any instances where I felt cheated. You can maybe feel a momentum change which at that point I cover the spaces intercept and then take back control of the ball and pass it around or I hit them on the counter.

Also have only ever had one ai free kick scored against me. That's an issue I don't understand I see people complain and I experienced that in pes 2018/2019 but most free kicks just hit the wall or straight to the keeper or over the bar they hit the Cross bar one time but that's it. So it's weird it's such an issue for others when I don't see it.

Dribbling has a great risk reward and I get past players pretty easily. I think I'll upload gameplay at some point just to know if people see anything different because I'm getting around 5-10 fouls per game Just from me taking men on and beating them then getting fouled.

This is the first pes offline that I have felt excited to play for a long time.

I feel bad for people who are having issues on master league on superstar. I'm 2nd in the league with Everton and have won matches 3,4,5 nil. Highest being 7-1. Once I got dribbling down I haven't had a problem breaking defences down or creating chances.

The hard games are hard and the easy games are easy. Haven't had any instances where I felt cheated. You can maybe feel a momentum change which at that point I cover the spaces intercept and then take back control of the ball and pass it around or I hit them on the counter.

Also have only ever had one ai free kick scored against me. That's an issue I don't understand I see people complain and I experienced that in pes 2018/2019 but most free kicks just hit the wall or straight to the keeper or over the bar they hit the Cross bar one time but that's it. So it's weird it's such an issue for others when I don't see it.

Dribbling has a great risk reward and I get past players pretty easily. I think I'll upload gameplay at some point just to know if people see anything different because I'm getting around 5-10 fouls per game Just from me taking men on and beating them then getting fouled.

same i cant beleive any of negative comments syaing this game is so boring,unplaybale, ai has no varitey etc blah blah blah.I m so addicted to the gameplay.cant stop playing it.For me best gameplay wise since pes 5 and pes 2013

same i cant beleive all th negative comments everywhere syaing this game is so boring ai has no varitey.I m so addicted to the gameplay.cant stop playing it.For me best gameplay wise since pes 5 and pes 2013

100% agreed. Pes 2018/2019 were awful to play against the ai. But I genuinely have been surprised with how varied each match is and how much individuality you can feel in your players. Also that fact that stamina actually plays such a huge factor in matches is great to see. It's added a layer to pes which hasn't been there for such a long time.

First time I feel a big difference in dribblers. Walcott has awful control and loses it easily and miscontrols but give him space and he blasts through. Iwobi has good control and agility so can take the ball in tight spaces and turn through gaps but doesn't have that explosive pace.

100% agreed. Pes 2018/2019 were awful to play against the ai. But I genuinely have been surprised with how varied each match is and how much individuality you can feel in your players. Also that fact that stamina actually plays such a huge factor in matches is great to see. It's added a layer to pes which hasn't been there for such a long time.
exactly bro,hoenstly i think that fifa pays off the negative critic reviewers such as eurogamer and godisgeek .so shameful that certain game companies do that tho.

i had the AI scoring so clinical in my pen box last night (1.2), it reminded me of why i did not play much 2019! and when that feeling bubbles up inside my body... thats not a good sign!
the clinical scoring and passing from low level teams is just to much for me. the missing physicality is another big thing for me. shielding worked so much better in demo and 1.0, plus the shielding was fairly used by AI and myself. now i feel AI has an advantage somehow.
and then there is the pace... gosh i even tried -1 speed multiple times, different stadiums and conditions... nope! nothing can give me that flow the demo and 1.0 had/has!

so every god damn night since release i am installing the update 1.2, test some stuff, grab the MC bonus and then deinstall again just to have some good matches before i go to bed! :D
when i get home tonight, i'll keep on playing my 1.0 brazilian league 1! then i'll read some comments here and install the update 1.2 again... testing some stuff.. then it repeats itself...
giphy.gif

is that still called "passionate" or is it "out of control"!? :LOL:

na, im good guys! love makes me do crazy things sometimes... :LOVE::BOP::APPLAUD:

Last edited:
I bought the game on PC, but I think I'm just gonna go ahead and buy it physically on PS4 so that I can play version 1.0 . I've come to like version 1.2 on PC, but everytime the CPU barges in and pushes my player off the ball it makes me want to throw my controller.

I do wonder if anyone here has actually played 'football' these days. I can only imagine that football nowadays is a bunch of ponces, playing little passes and then getting upset once the ball gets taken off them :COAT:

I would have been beaten by my old man if I came off the pitch without sticking one on someone :R1

i had the AI scoring so clinical in my pen box last night (1.2), it reminded me of why i did not play much 2019! and when that feeling bubbles up inside my body... thats not a good sign!
the clinical scoring and passing from low level teams is just to much for me. the missing physicality is another big thing for me. shielding worked so much better in demo and 1.0, plus the shielding was fairly used by AI and myself. now i feel AI has an advantage somehow.
and then there is the pace... gosh i even tried -1 speed multiple times, different stadiums and conditions... nope! nothing can give me that flow the demo and 1.0 had/has!

so every god damn night since release i am installing the update 1.2, test some stuff, grab the MC bonus and then deinstall again just to have some good matches before i go to bed! :D
when i get home tonight, i'll keep in playing my 1.0 brazilian league 1 League! then i'll read some comments here and install the update 1.2 again... testing some stuff.. then it repeats itself...
giphy.gif

na, im good guys! love makes you go crazy sometimes... :LOVE::BOP::APPLAUD:
do you think that in version 1.3 patch will give us similar gameplay to demo and 1.0?i hope so because right now i play on 1.0 no option file and love it but ideally 1.0 gameplay with option file .i sitll dont understand why konami cant give us option to use option file for all three versions. if they dont i can only hope 1.3 is like 1.0 so i can apply an option file.

I'm the same, I have no issues with freekicks on superstar maybe conceeded 2 or 3 in 50 games, no issues with AI variety, not many issues with fouls and for the life of me can't understand people saying it's the same as 19 or its soulless, I get the same winning feeling as I did with winning eleven series and just as gutted when I lose, but I've never felt cheated

The post patch update is called version 1.2 but shows as 1.01.01 on the first screen when you boot the game up..

Version 1.00.00...Is what show on the first screen if your running vanilla..

Just to clear that one up.
thank you so much .this was the the detailed answer I was looking for.I really appreciate it since i prefer 1.0

Something has most certainly been dumbed down since the demo. I now have more control over my player when on the ball but in a bad way, I can't really explain it but I feel more restricted. In the demo I felt I could do all kinds of different things when I had the ball, now it's just stiff.

Playing Divisions and PA0, it's fine but it doesn't have that randomness that made demo so lively. And even if you face Juve or Lecce their defenders are on you like glue in an instant as soon as the ball is in the final third. Combine that with the slight input lag and all creativity is gone.

I'm sad.

This is what the patch does..You either like it or you don’t(it’s a bit like marmite)..

I couldn’t live without everything you highlighted in your post and exactly why I play vanilla..All is not lost.

when i get home tonight, i'll keep on playing my 1.0 brazilian league 1! then i'll read some comments here and install the update 1.2 again... testing some stuff.. then it repeats itself...
giphy.gif

na, im good guys! love makes me do crazy things sometimes... :LOVE::BOP::APPLAUD:

See this is interesting I haven't had any stupidly clinical ai moments. If they have time to turn shoot with no pressure then of course there is more chance to score but even then I've seen them hit high and wide. Even seen them miss open goals. The only time I saw the ai really clinical was with Harry kane and auba give them a chance and I expect them to score.

I'm talking about superstar difficulty for those wondering. I haven't played top player.

Back
Top Bottom