eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

I've seen differences between the Xbox One version and the PC one too (both European though as far as I can tell).
In the Xbox One version, the CPU would often perform a kind of LB+Y move to try and find an unmarked man in the box, a thing that I didn't see in the Steam version.
I prefer the latter, so far, it's even more "clean" in terms of visuals (this makes me wonder if the Xbox One version is really 1920x1080 or it's just being scaled up :ROLL:).

The ai thing might be placebo booted up the ps4 before sleep and the ai didnt do much this time. Randomness is good.

Well, looks like PC servers are awful for some regions or the game has problems with some CPU-s ... I don't know but the online mode is not working, no matter what I do. Even if I had any doubts before, I already know that I will skip buying PES this year.

Edit: Got the Sider that works: https://mapote.com/pes/sider-5.4.2.zip

Code:
[sider]
debug = 0
close.on.exit = 0
start.minimized = 1

overlay.enabled = 0
free.side.select = 0
livecpk.enabled = 0
lua.enabled = 0

exe.name = "\PES2020.exe"

; enforce number of match minutes here
; you can set any value from 1 to 255, although you probably
; do not want to go higher than 90, because it will be weird :-)
; 0 - disables this feature.
match.minutes = 20

Last edited:
Well, looks like PC servers are awful for some regions or the game has problems with some CPU-s ... I don't know but the online mode is not working, no matter what I do. Even if I had any doubts before, I already know that I will skip buying PES this year.

I got connected to an opponent five times. Played three of them pretty smoothly! Two got disconnected because of a bad connection.

Hey guys,
Who of you was able to play some demo matches on PC for a longer time?! I mean 15-30 min matches!
And how does the A.I. behave in those longer matches? Do they fall back to 2019 attack pattern or do they keep the 2020 level I’ve seen in the 5 min PS4 demo? You know what the problem was last year.
I would really like to know that. Thanks in advance.

Was playing the game with my friend via Parsec and I have to say, it doesnt feel like a hybrid anymore, anyone else feel the same that has played both the PS4 & PC versions?

Tried the PC demo last night, I'm quite pleased with the performance considering 2018 & 2019 didn't run very well on my PC. Seems like they've optimized it better this year.

This is the first modern PES i'll get on PC since 2017 and after how compatible the mods were last year, I'm pretty excited.

Seeing people blow the games files open and testing things and confirming what's compatible from last year brings back all the excitement of PC PES & modding the demo from back in the day.

Tried the PC demo last night, I'm quite pleased with the performance considering 2018 & 2019 didn't run very well on my PC. Seems like they've optimized it better this year.

This is the first modern PES i'll get on PC since 2017 and after how compatible the mods were last year, I'm pretty excited.

Seeing people blow the games files open and testing things and confirming what's compatible from last year brings back all the excitement of PC PES & modding the demo from back in the day.
can you please take me on your ride through "hardware buying town"!? maybe via pm.!! i'd like to see what a decent computer would cost me. my own plannings say around 500€ if i do the building and get good prices on hardware. but i havent build a computer for ages!

Completely agree. It looks and moves better and somehow it's less "heavy" than 18 and 19. They did an amazing job technically.

can you please take me on your ride through "hardware buying town"!? maybe via pm.!! i'd like to see what a decent computer would cost me. my own plannings say around 500€ if i do the building and get good prices on hardware. but i havent build a computer for ages!
Like wise I'm looking to build my own need tips please can you help

Was playing the game with my friend via Parsec and I have to say, it doesnt feel like a hybrid anymore, anyone else feel the same that has played both the PS4 & PC versions?

Since PES 2018 it's been the same version for PS4 and PC.

What do you mean by "hybrid"?

For PES 2014-2017 the PC version wasn't equal to the PS4 version. It was essentially in between PS3 and PS4. Not quite sure why to be honest.

OK, first conclusions:

1- This game can't be played in anything else other than manual passing.
2- The AI is too easy even on the hardest difficulty
3- I don't understand those who played at E3 and at the different playtest and said this game can't be played the same way as 2019.
Like "if you play the same way you used to play in 2019 you'll get punished" - Bollocks.
4- The low-crosses spam by the AI is gone. But it has now been replaced by an instant pass to one of the CF as soon as the AI gets the ball in the midfield.
No build-up play, no dribbling. Nothing. They instantly, automatically, pass the ball to their CF.
5- It's a step forward from 2019, in my opinion. I like it more. It doesn't blow me away in the least, and I don't even know if I'm going to be pre-ordering it or even buying it before the price goes off at some point.
Holy shit, finally, someone who agrees with me! I thought I was going insane! Why are we alone here?!

I got connected to an opponent five times. Played three of them pretty smoothly! Two got disconnected because of a bad connection.
I got a connection with 3 bars, but when the match starts huge lag begin and disconnection after 3 seconds.

Must be playing a different demo version. :D
Nngggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

giphy.gif

I managed to connect twice so far, on 1 bar, but there was no lag at all. It is ok this 2020 thing, not spectacular but it is nice. Finesse dribbling ...why did they do that?

The ai thing might be placebo booted up the ps4 before sleep and the ai didnt do much this time. Randomness is good.
Dunno, I'll have to try both again and maybe record them to dissect the videos better. For the moment I just know that the CPU seemed more direct (not in a good way) on Xbox One than it seemed on PC to me.
Maybe I was just over-excited about trying the PC version that I saw things that weren't there on Xbox, because my mind was subtly trying to convince me of the game being better on PC, who knows.
I had the same feeling also with the PES 2019 demos though (Xbox One playing a little differently than PC) so... Maybe it's time for me to see a doctor.

And if after all I found no differences in gameplay... I could just blame it on @Placebo as usual (sorry man, I know this joke's getting old now).

Dunno, I'll have to try both again and maybe record them to dissect the videos better. For the moment I just know that the CPU seemed more direct (not in a good way) on Xbox One than it seemed on PC to me.
Maybe I was just over-excited about trying the PC version that I saw things that weren't there on Xbox, because my mind was subtly trying to convince me of the game being better on PC, who knows.
I had the same feeling also with the PES 2019 demos though (Xbox One playing a little differently than PC) so... Maybe it's time for me to see a doctor.

And if after all I found no differences in gameplay... I could just blame it on @Placebo as usual (sorry man, I know this joke's getting old now)
:D that poor guy! ...has take it all! greetings @Placebo !! how is the band going!? :LOL:

sorry mate! you know how this is meant! :BYE:

Can I ask what's a good pc spec to buy off the shelf in order to play pes 19 or 20. My budget is £500 can someone please help me. DM if it's easier please

Is it just me or do others also think the lighting this year is darker then last year? I must say I liked the lighting better in 2019.. but maybe I just need time to getting used to it.

Can I ask what's a good pc spec to buy off the shelf in order to play pes 19 or 20. My budget is £500 can someone please help me. DM if it's easier please

Harddrive SSD ADATA XPG SX6000 Lite 512GB M.2 PCIe x4 NVMe (ASX6000LNP-512GT-C)
1x
259 zł (~55F)

PSU SilentiumPC Vero L2 500W (SPC164)
1x
178 zł (~38F)

CPU Intel Core i3-9100F, 3.6GHz, 6MB, BOX (BX80684I39100F)
1x
390,72 zł (~83F)

MOBO MSI B360M PRO-VD
1x
275 zł (~59F)

RAM Patriot Viper Elite, DDR4, 8 GB,2666MHz, CL16 (PVE48G266C6KGY)
1x
175 zł (~37F)

GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6G, 6GB GDDR5 (GV-N1660OC-6GD)
1 szt.
1 019 zł (~236F)

I play on aged GTX 970 and I'm able to run it on 4k@60fps (pes2019) and FHD@60fps (pes2020). I wasnt trying 4K in 2020 yet

Harddrive SSD ADATA XPG SX6000 Lite 512GB M.2 PCIe x4 NVMe (ASX6000LNP-512GT-C)
1x
259 zł (~55F)

PSU SilentiumPC Vero L2 500W (SPC164)
1x
178 zł (~38F)

CPU Intel Core i3-9100F, 3.6GHz, 6MB, BOX (BX80684I39100F)
1x
390,72 zł (~83F)

MOBO MSI B360M PRO-VD
1x
275 zł (~59F)

RAM Patriot Viper Elite, DDR4, 8 GB,2666MHz, CL16 (PVE48G266C6KGY)
1x
175 zł (~37F)

GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6G, 6GB GDDR5 (GV-N1660OC-6GD)
1 szt.
1 019 zł (~236F)

I play on aged GTX 970 and I'm able to run it on 4k@60fps (pes2019) and FHD@60fps (pes2020). I wasnt trying 4K in 2020 yet
Thank you. Please what do you mean by 55F

Back
Top Bottom