eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

High cpu in this demo...anyone else.
My pc spec is decent.
Same here. CPU goes all the way up to almost 90% but it may also be 'cause I have a pretty dated PC (i7 920 here, 10 years old if not more) to which I added some things over time such a couple of SSD's, a new R9 270X graphics card and some more RAM (from 6 to 12 GB).

Im not really seeing the cpu dribble as much as in the PS4 NZ store version of the demo in the EU Steam version... am i the only one?

Tom do you still play PES? Did you try the Demo?
Why don't you ever share your thoughts and opinions on the game, mate?.

Not reeeeally been playing it in the last few years, tbh. I gave them all a go and played them for a few hours each with a buddy of mine, but we lost interest pretty quickly. Bummer, but what can you do. We'll try again when the full version hits, I'm not a demo guy.

Scored one of the best goals of my virtual life last year, though! :D

Last edited:
i have the demo in both platforms
and in pc its much more better.
the game is better then pes 2019 that's for sure
need to improve the AI and fixed the stupid referee.
Is it the same as PS4 or is it a badly done PC port?
Do you feel the same when you play?
Movements, graphics are the same?

OK, first conclusions:

1- This game can't be played in anything else other than manual passing.
2- The AI is too easy even on the hardest difficulty
3- I don't understand those who played at E3 and at the different playtest and said this game can't be played the same way as 2019.
Like "if you play the same way you used to play in 2019 you'll get punished" - Bollocks.
4- The low-crosses spam by the AI is gone. But it has now been replaced by an instant pass to one of the CF as soon as the AI gets the ball in the midfield.
No build-up play, no dribbling. Nothing. They instantly, automatically, pass the ball to their CF.
5- It's a step forward from 2019, in my opinion. I like it more. It doesn't blow me away in the least, and I don't even know if I'm going to be pre-ordering it or even buying it before the price goes off at some point.

Only played a handful of games so far (15 min matches) but have enjoyed it.

Got destroyed by Messi and Suarez which is easily done... was 2-0 down inside 10 mins as first Suarez held off my defender before chipping the ball for Messi to take down and score. Then a few minutes later Messi on the right hand side gets to the byline by dribbling past two of my defenders and cutting it back for Suarez to fire in.

Also had a funny moment where I was losing as Bayern against Arsenal late on and from about 45 yards out Aubameyang takes an instant shot... because Neuer is naturally pretty far off his line. :D Neuer stumbled to get back and the ball deflected off him for a corner.

I do feel there is a lot more error in passing, shooting etc. Good to see some shots scuffed rather than being laser guided all the time.

Still feel the CPU could do with being more aggressive, although its definitely a step up from the previous couple of games. Can understand why so many are unhappy with the refs but don't have a huge issue with them to be honest, seems more realistic if anything. Although as always seems the CPU gets away with a lot more.

Downsides as mentioned before the colours are far too saturated although that can be adjusted. The sound seems worse than ever, honestly don't know how they haven't improved this yet, crowd is always dreadful!

AI does seem better especially going forward although sometimes seem a bit toothless. Half the time Messi looks dangerous as ever but other times just seems to hold on to the ball. Would be good to see the AI more dangerous in the final game but hard to see them doing this without cheating, also have to take into considerations these are only friendly matches.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it plays, but of course do fear that this will be nuked come release so definitely won't be pre-ordering. But I do feel its taken a lot of the best parts of this generation of PES games to put together something very decent, however I want to see if I still enjoy it after playing a handful of games every day over the next week before getting excited for the release.

Found the solution to my choppy gameplay despite having a stable framerate on reddit. Use these settings:

w3SjAAQ.png

Found the solution to my choppy gameplay despite having a stable framerate on reddit. Use these settings:

w3SjAAQ.png

TO anyone having issues...This is the solution. I can confirm. Right click on efootball Pes2020.exe...Run with graphics processor...High-performance NVIDIA processor...or change Change default graphics processor...

Im not really seeing the cpu dribble as much as in the PS4 NZ store version of the demo in the EU Steam version... am i the only one?
I've seen differences between the Xbox One version and the PC one too (both European though as far as I can tell).
In the Xbox One version, the CPU would often perform a kind of LB+Y move to try and find an unmarked man in the box, a thing that I didn't see in the Steam version.
I prefer the latter, so far, it's even more "clean" in terms of visuals (this makes me wonder if the Xbox One version is really 1920x1080 or it's just being scaled up :ROLL:).

Back
Top Bottom