eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

really thanks guys
I didn't know that the the game settings updated and the game was different but now after reading your discussions
I changed the Vsync to second mode it runs more smoothly than before the update
thanks...again:EASY::EASY::EASY:

In terms of speed, not really. If you only have 8GB RAM, you could of course think about upgrading to 16GB, but I don't think it makes a difference in PES.

But 2666 cl13 is obviously faster than 2400 cl15 but why is it cheaper than ???

8GB 2400 cl15 costs 80$
8GB 2666 cl13 costs 45$
Where is the logic ?

I want to change 8GB 2400 cl15 to 16GB 2666 cl13 because it looks better on paper but costs almost the same. Im a bit confused :/

Last edited:
While we're on it, i'm planning to buy MSI GTX 1660 TI but i still have i3-4170. Will i get problem with my processors if i set PES 2020 on Max settings ?

If anyone is in doubt about configuration>

Max settings.

-i5 3350
-gtx 1060 3gb
-8 gb ram

Everything works perfect on monitor (1080p).

On TV (1080p also), offline is perfect, but online there is an input lag, no matter if I turn on the "game mode".

@bromi,

I wanted to say thank you for the dt18 you shared.
I just tried your 62T on the "6th" difficulty and it really improved the default game (20 min game, manual, vertical cam).
You managed to tighten the things up and now the physicality that is in the game really shines.

It seems to me players are more aware of where the ball is compared with the unmodded game. Also midfielders are helping fullbacks to defends on the wings, so you can't simply cut back to beat the isolated defender (fb). Marking is much better, attackers have much less time to control the ball and you can't simply turn toward the goal like before. Overall you have to think more and quicker when you have the ball which I really appreciate. With the default game I really have the feeling I am in automatic mode when passing the ball which is really not exciting.

Concerning the cpu, I like the human mistake they do, they carry the ball at their feet when they should. I do still find they are playing a too direct type of football. I played against barca and changed their tactics to make them play a possession oriented type of football (minimal pass suppot) which worked very well with PES17 but they were still playing quickly passing the ball to their forwards without almost thinking. I was Juve and I ended the game with 56% of ball possession without really trying to keep the ball more than needed. May be the playing approach of barca is hardcoded, I remember in 17 it was the case for top teams (their tactic is unbelievably poorly set by default, full of contradictions).

I have to play it more but I had the feeling that CB were breaking the D line to follow way too deep a ball call made by a striker (something introduced by the update? Before the d line seemed smarter/more in synch to me).

Finally, one of my dream for modern PES gameplay modding would be to be able to edit the piece of code that control the imaginary line at which red players (attackers) stop their effort when their team is defending (same things for defenders when their team is attacking). This makes the teams been cut in two pieces too often leading to the midfield being bypassed. But I have to say that with your dt18 it is less apparent because of what I have mentioned above.

Long story short: Good job bromi!
Glad to hear that!

That's one of the things I'm trying to fix: there are some values that I changed regarding that; there are many that can modify the lines, just we need to figure out how they work

Glad to hear that!

That's one of the things I'm trying to fix: there are some values that I changed regarding that; there are many that can modify the lines, just we need to figure out how they work
LWF, RWF and CF need to retreat and track back more during defending.

(Stupid) question:

I got two SSD´s in my comp.
One running Win 7 and one WIN 10.
I use WIN 10 only for stuff that runy with WIN 10 only.

But I have a lot of tools (Music tools for example) that don´t run with WIN 10.

Mostly I use WIN 7 and have all my games installed there.
Are there any mods that don´t run on WIN 7?
Does anyone know?

Better install PES 2020 on WIN 10?

How Evo Switcher works ? I run the game via switcher but I dont see a possibility to change match duration and other features.

Bit off topic but I will answer that Mate.

Evoswitcher contains SIDER by Juce, open the Evoswitcher folder and double click sider.ini, there You will see this text,

Just change the match minutes and save.

; enforce number of match minutes here
; you can set any value from 1 to 255, although you probably
; do not want to go higher than 90, because it will be weird :-)
; 0 - disables this feature.
match.minutes = 10

I updated with some more experiments on dt modding more suitable after the update (I play legend and manual passing but you can try lower levels):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rau8u0573w619mu/bromi_62s-t.rar

62T is much slower
Thanks to @*Supernova* and @incas36 : for this dt I used their 2019 values for a section of the game

Guys these are experiments looking forward for the final game release and I would love your feedbacks so to see if the path is right, so if something is good I can share the settings and improve it further, together especially with the help of the dt master incas and all those others who already improved the game last year

I would love your feedback on ai attacking on the dt 62T I linked above (I tried legend)

If you please give a try to 62T of the modding dt above

Going to give this a go shortly and will report back mate.

so, am a newbie to steam and wanted to know if there is a way for the game or steam to decide whats the best optimized settings are for the game to run smoothly ?

I dont know what is with this game. I just bought i8700, 16GB Ram and with my GTX 1060 6gb game ran smoothly as hell in first time. Today Iam launching the game and I noticed slightly micro stuttering.
Fraps shows 72fps (not more not less) during gameplay. Replays at some scenes drops to 40fps.
Is my card ok or will 1070 be much better ... ONLY regarding PES ?
Playing 1080 144Mhz

Below is hardware specification during game. Why mem is 1333, not 2666 ?
https://zapodaj.net/387e666e54935.jpg.html

Last edited:
Important note to anyone who runs an Nvidia grphic card (not sure about AMD),
If you see white lines on the upper and left edges on the screen the 1st moment after launching demo, it means game is not in fullscreen mode. ALT+Tab several times until the white lines disappear and then you're good to go.

This is one of the reasons game fps may lock to 72fps instead of 144 for example, or run stuttery.

This has been the case with the last 3 to 4 years (I believe with the shift to Fox engine)

While we're on it, i'm planning to buy MSI GTX 1660 TI but i still have i3-4170. Will i get problem with my processors if i set PES 2020 on Max settings ?
Depends on the resolution, forget about 1440p
If 1080p, you're OK. Don't buy 1660Ti, get 2060 or the 2060 super. Your CPU is borderline OK. You'll get better results with a faster CPU.

In terms of speed, not really. If you only have 8GB RAM, you could of course think about upgrading to 16GB, but I don't think it makes a difference in PES.

2666 or 2400 are considered stock RAM speeds.
If you want a real noticeable difference you should aim at DDR 3000 or above, of course if your motherboard supports these speeds. CL16 or lower (faster)
16 GB is a minimum these days for a modern computer (not necessarily PES)
2400 sometimes maybe more expensive because of the better compatibility with some boards.

So what about cooling ? Will box cooler be enough if cores are automatically boosted to 4,3Ghz ?
How to check cores frequency and temperatures during game ?

The cooler the CPU, the better. Intel cooler is BARE minimum. I'd like my CPU temps in the 50s (upper 60c at the most intense games).
Google "MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner", see youtube videos. You need to learn, it will be fun.

Depends on the resolution, forget about 1440p
If 1080p, you're OK. Don't buy 1660Ti, get 2060 or the 2060 super. Your CPU is borderline OK. You'll get better results with a faster CPU.

1080p ? Well, that's ok. Tbh, an RTX is such a nice GPU but it would be waste for me since i don't play much games these days, lol. Yeah i'm also thinking about upgrading my CPU. Maybe i'll take i5-9600 instead next month.

Thanks for your suggestion, really appreciate that.

Back
Top Bottom