eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Dont know
Some of my mates say that they have smooth game with v1
Dont know really
Didnt try at all

Try to Set vsync off and lock 144 fps with Riva tuner
Anyway you are right they worsened something, it was smoother before. Also try to disconnect Internet and check

after much fiddling. Turns out my second monitor was causing all the drama.

Im now running vsync 2 at 144hz. It is very smooth, no stuttering. I am not using rivatuner.

What's happened to this game?

It was playing at a smooth 144hz before the update.

Now it's either a stuttering mess with vsync off. (Frames anywhere from 115 to 650)

Or vsync on 1 or 2

Tearing galore locked at 60fps.

Can anyone help?
Check in nvidia control panel that the refresh rate is set to “application controlled”.

PES really doesn’t like “highest available” and it causes mayhem.

There’s no reason for PES to get anywhere near 650fps.

Check in nvidia control panel that the refresh rate is set to “application controlled”.

PES really doesn’t like “highest available” and it causes mayhem.

There’s no reason for PES to get anywhere near 650fps.

Thanks, I'll have a go with that too

after much fiddling. Turns out my second monitor was causing all the drama.

Im now running vsync 2 at 144hz. It is very smooth, no stuttering. I am not using rivatuner.
Good. I ll try vsync2 too, perhaps they just changed the settings

does anyone know how to record 1080p on pes got i5 gt1030 superclocked high settings?
Do you have an nvidia card? Just download gforce experience, press alt+z to open the overlay, set it to native resolution & 60fps, then press alt+f10 to record the last 30 seconds/1 min/whatever.

Job done.

Good. I ll try vsync2 too, perhaps they just changed the settings
Try the framerate setting I mentioned above.
Honestly, PES hasn't reacted well to having it set to "highest available" for years.

Do you have an nvidia card? Just download gforce experience, press alt+z to open the overlay, set it to native resolution & 60fps, then press alt+f10 to record the last 30 seconds/1 min/whatever.

Job done.

Try the framerate setting I mentioned above.
Honestly, PES hasn't reacted well to having it set to "highest available" for years.
Unfortunately it doesnt work with my gpu its not supported

Unfortunately it doesnt work with my gpu its not supported
That's a pain.
You could just use the windows xbox game bar? Equally easy to use.
Unfortunately, It doesn't recognise every game, but it's always worked with PES at least.

That's a pain.
You could just use the windows xbox game bar? Equally easy to use.
Unfortunately, It doesn't recognise every game, but it's always worked with PES at least.
yeah i tried that too it doesnt work with gt1030 lol

New modded dt18 to be played at legend (you need last version of sider and to set difficulty in the matchset.lua module to "6" in place of "nil")
Meant to be played with manual passing; of course it's not the normal crazy legend level but is much more playable

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bfqmdrukiopx72q/bromi_43-62d.rar

please if you try it: feedbacks
New modded dt18 to be played at legend (you need last version of sider and to set difficulty in the matchset.lua module to "6" in place of "nil")
Meant to be played with manual passing; of course it's not the normal crazy legend level but is much more playable

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bfqmdrukiopx72q/bromi_43-62d.rar

please if you try it: feedbacks

How do you insert the file into the game please?

Manage to squeeze in couple of matches against bayern on legend diff before went to bed. 1st game was tough. Bayern's front 3 were insane. Almost unplayable. Star players really stand out. Lost 5-1.

Went straight to rematch, same everything except for my line up. But this time the AI plays with more conservative approach but still challenging. Both matches felt different even with the same setup. Won 0-1

Yes there are some things need to be ironed out such as player's awareness, AI build up play, invisible wall,etc. But the demo overall is enjoyable for me as of now.

Last edited:
Playing 4K highest graphic plus ultrawide with fix by @OBH is so amazing. The graphic is so crisp and immersive with wide screen.

Gameplay is good too. The only issues i have with the game are:
1) Passive AI- not enough pressure by cpu even on aggressive, frontline pressure especially in my own half.
2) My players sometime ran into invisible wall which prevent them to challenge/block when the opponent pass or shoot. This happens way too often in every game i played
I am also playing on a 4k monitor. jeeze this game looks amazing

just copy the file into the games data folder: usually: C:/program files/steam/steam apps/common/pes 2020/
Replacing the file already there (you have to rename it)
Please note: Gameplay has changed since last update and those dt I made were made before the update. I am going to upload a couple of more new today

just copy the file into the games data folder: usually: C:/program files/steam/steam apps/common/pes 2020/
Replacing the file already there (you have to rename it)
Please note: Gameplay has changed since last update and those dt I made were made before the update. I am going to upload a couple of more new today

Thanks bro

yeah i tried that too it doesnt work with gt1030 lol
Not making this easy for me :D

Probably best to google “gt1030 screen recorder” or something. OBS is the obvious one but it’s more fiddly. There’s bound to be other click-and-go types out there.

Question for 100pts
Is there a possibility to increase buttons --> commands reactions cause when I play at 0 speed I feel like my commands (shot, pass, moves) are excecuted with some delay. On the other hand when I play at 1 speed, the game is to fast for me.

Last edited:
Question for 100pts
Is there a possibility to increase buttons --> commands reactions cause when I play at 0 speed I feel like my commands (shot, pass, moves) are excecuted with some delay. On the other hand when I play at 1 speed, the game is to fast for me.
Yes (if you have a nvidia card).

The recent update introduced a new "low latency mode".

It only works on games where you get 60fps+, and it sacrifices a bit of performance in order to reduce input delay.

You'll have to test it with your own setup, but I've turned it on for PES and it is working well for me personally.

upload_2019-8-27_16-17-44.png

If it was delay though surely it would be more noticeable when playing on a higher game speed, as the game speed shouldn't change the amount of time the game takes to register your inputs?

Yes (if you have a nvidia card).

The recent update introduced a new "low latency mode".

It only works on games where you get 60fps+, and it sacrifices a bit of performance in order to reduce input delay.

You'll have to test it with your own setup, but I've turned it on for PES and it is working well for me personally.

View attachment 18976

If it was delay though surely it would be more noticeable when playing on a higher game speed, as the game speed shouldn't change the amount of time the game takes to register your inputs?

Or the other way, is there possibility to lower the pace a bit when I play at 1 speed ? Something between 0 and 1.

Or the other way, is there possibility to lower the pace a bit when I play at 1 speed ? Something between 0 and 1.
You said you were having a problem with input delay?

Game speed is totally different. Maybe a mod can help you with that.

Is the gameplay being modded? Or is it just the difficulty?

I updated with some more experiments on dt modding more suitable after the update (I play legend and manual passing but you can try lower levels):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rau8u0573w619mu/bromi_62s-t.rar

62T is much slower
Thanks to @*Supernova* and @incas36 : for this dt I used their 2019 values for a section of the game

Guys these are experiments looking forward for the final game release and I would love your feedbacks so to see if the path is right, so if something is good I can share the settings and improve it further, together especially with the help of the dt master incas and all those others who already improved the game last year

If the AI played like you do there, I would be absolutely in love with the game - and if their eSports events were two players playing like you, it'd be something I would actually watch. Lovely to watch, except for the damn AI.
I would love your feedback on ai attacking on the dt 62T I linked above (I tried legend)

If you please give a try to 62T of the modding dt above

Last edited:
I updated with some more experiments on dt modding more suitable after the update (I play legend and manual passing but you can try lower levels):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rau8u0573w619mu/bromi_62s-t.rar

62T is much slower
Thanks to @*Supernova* and @incas36 : for this dt I used their 2019 values for a section of the game

Guys these are experiments looking forward for the final game release and I would love your feedbacks so to see if the path is right, so if something is good I can share the settings and improve it further, together especially with the help of the dt master incas and all those others who already improved the game last year

I would love your feedback on ai attacking on the dt 62T I linked above (I tried legend)

If you please give a try to 62T of the modding dt above

Can you explain what 62T or 62S are ?

Thought I would give the pc.version ago and the longer games are glorious. Game looks beautiful too, way more so than my ps4.

Can anyone help though, max resolution in pes settings is 1080. Is there a way to be fit to do 4k? (I have a gtx 1080 and 4k tv)

Guys I just updated my hardware, new cpu i7 8700 and 2x8 GB ddr4 2666 cl13 and all is very smooth now in 1440.
But I wonder if it could be better if I exchange gtx 1060 6gb to 1070. Is it a sense or I wouldn't see a difference ?

Ps. Could sb explain if 8700, which is non K (3,2Ghz), is possible to OC or not. The guy in store said its not ... but I found this in net:
"Although the 8700 has a base clock of 3.2 GHz it has an all core boost of 4.3 GHz and a single core boost of 4.6 GHz. These are unusually high clocks for a non-K SKU, Intel have historically clocked their non-K SKUs around 10% lower than the flagship K variants but with Coffee Lake, the 8700 is almost a match for a stock 8700K."

Last edited:
Guys I just updated my hardware, new cpu i7 8700 and 2x8 GB ddr4 2666 cl13 and all is very smooth now in 1440.
But I wonder if it could be better if I exchange gtx 1060 6gb to 1070. Is it a sense or I wouldn't see a difference ?

Ps. Could sb explain if 8700, which is non K (3,2Ghz), is possible to OC or not. The guy in store said its not ... but I found this in net:
"Although the 8700 has a base clock of 3.2 GHz it has an all core boost of 4.3 GHz and a single core boost of 4.6 GHz. These are unusually high clocks for a non-K SKU, Intel have historically clocked their non-K SKUs around 10% lower than the flagship K variants but with Coffee Lake, the 8700 is almost a match for a stock 8700K."
There's no point in buying a GTX 1070 when you already have a GTX 1060, and you can't overclock the i7 8700. During gaming, it's always clocking at 4.3 GHz. You never see the single core boost over a longer period of time.

Back
Top Bottom