eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

There's no point in buying a GTX 1070 when you already have a GTX 1060, and you can't overclock the i7 8700. During gaming, it's always clocking at 4.3 GHz. You never see the single core boost over a longer period of time.

"During gaming, it's always clocking at 4.3 GHz" - how it is possible without OC ?
So I dont have to do OC ?

Last edited:
My guess is that you will need to activate the desired resolution in Windows before opening settings.exe or won´t be there to choose

Thought I would give the pc.version ago and the longer games are glorious. Game looks beautiful too, way more so than my ps4.

Can anyone help though, max resolution in pes settings is 1080. Is there a way to be fit to do 4k? (I have a gtx 1080 and 4k tv)

@bromi,

I wanted to say thank you for the dt18 you shared.
I just tried your 62T on the "6th" difficulty and it really improved the default game (20 min game, manual, vertical cam).
You managed to tighten the things up and now the physicality that is in the game really shines.

It seems to me players are more aware of where the ball is compared with the unmodded game. Also midfielders are helping fullbacks to defends on the wings, so you can't simply cut back to beat the isolated defender (fb). Marking is much better, attackers have much less time to control the ball and you can't simply turn toward the goal like before. Overall you have to think more and quicker when you have the ball which I really appreciate. With the default game I really have the feeling I am in automatic mode when passing the ball which is really not exciting.

Concerning the cpu, I like the human mistake they do, they carry the ball at their feet when they should. I do still find they are playing a too direct type of football. I played against barca and changed their tactics to make them play a possession oriented type of football (minimal pass suppot) which worked very well with PES17 but they were still playing quickly passing the ball to their forwards without almost thinking. I was Juve and I ended the game with 56% of ball possession without really trying to keep the ball more than needed. May be the playing approach of barca is hardcoded, I remember in 17 it was the case for top teams (their tactic is unbelievably poorly set by default, full of contradictions).

I have to play it more but I had the feeling that CB were breaking the D line to follow way too deep a ball call made by a striker (something introduced by the update? Before the d line seemed smarter/more in synch to me).

Finally, one of my dream for modern PES gameplay modding would be to be able to edit the piece of code that control the imaginary line at which red players (attackers) stop their effort when their team is defending (same things for defenders when their team is attacking). This makes the teams been cut in two pieces too often leading to the midfield being bypassed. But I have to say that with your dt18 it is less apparent because of what I have mentioned above.

Long story short: Good job bromi!

Last edited:
"During gaming, it's always clocking at 4.3 GHz" - how it is possible without OC ?
So I dont have to do OC ?
The CPU automatically boosts to 4.3 GHz on all cores as soon as you start a game. It doesn't have anything to do with overclocking. Mainboards don't even offer the option to overclock an i7 8700.

trying pc with 15min sider. very very good. if maintains this quality on release on both console and PC, its a winner.

Ok so got a question for you guys. My game was working perfectly before the update. After the update, I disabled vsync like I usually do in every game since I have a freesync monitor and thought that was the way to go. Now with vsync off, pes runs like crap, I tried vsync 1 and 2 and they both run the game well. Isn't vsync supossed to introduce some input lag though? Not noticing any but cant be sure. Thanks for the help

I'll let you know what happens.
It felt a little different (not in a bad way, though) after the update. I don't know if I'm the only one feeling this.

I had a handful of matches (10 min matches with Sider, I don't want to spoil the fun making them longer yet) and...
  • It looked to me like the referees were more lenient. Before the latest patch I would give away three to five fouls per match, and I would win two or three. Now I've given away two or three and won a little more than one per match in average (I had a match in which I won none and one in which I won two, the maximum I got after patch).
  • Is it me or Boca play more "direct" now? Same difficulty settings (superstar), same teams (I always use Sao Paulo), but they seemed more "let's give the ball forward to Dario as soon as we have the chance and hope". Corinthians on the other hand didn't give me that impression so maybe this is good news (different teams playing differently?)
I now have to try it again (even with the old folder of which I made a backup of before updating) and see if it's true.
Maybe it's just confirmation bias... You know, you see there's been an update and you expect it to change something, and then you need to find something different so you can say "see? The update has changed something indeed!"

The CPU automatically boosts to 4.3 GHz on all cores as soon as you start a game. It doesn't have anything to do with overclocking. Mainboards don't even offer the option to overclock an i7 8700.

So what about cooling ? Will box cooler be enough if cores are automatically boosted to 4,3Ghz ?
How to check cores frequency and temperatures during game ?

It felt a little different (not in a bad way, though) after the update. I don't know if I'm the only one feeling this.

I had a handful of matches (10 min matches with Sider, I don't want to spoil the fun making them longer yet) and...

• It looked to me like the referees were more lenient. Before the latest patch I would give away three to five fouls per match, and I would win two or three. Now I've given away two or three and won a little more than one per match in average (I had a match in which I won none and one in which I won two, the maximum I got after patch).
    Is it me or Boca play more "direct" now? Same difficulty settings (superstar), same teams (I always use Sao Paulo), but they seemed more "let's give the ball forward to Dario as soon as we have the chance and hope". Corinthians on the other hand didn't give me that impression so maybe this is good news (different teams playing differently?)
I now have to try it again (even with the old folder of which I made a backup of before updating) and see if it's true.
Maybe it's just confirmation bias... You know, you see there's been an update and you expect it to change something, and then you need to find something different so you can say "see? The update has changed something indeed!"

Officially worried , between 0 and 2 free kicks just destroys reality

Im kinda bored with the demo by now.
I'll wait for the full game, really hoping for a good ML (at least where transfers are fixed) with no cheating free kick goals.

Hopefully you all will be able to help me patch this game with all the glorious mods out there. I've never gotten the PC version and patched it before. Thanks in advance.

Same, will be the first version I've bought for years so will be looking for as much help as possible modding it.

Thought I'd left all this behind me.

So what about cooling ? Will box cooler be enough if cores are automatically boosted to 4,3Ghz ?
How to check cores frequency and temperatures during game ?
Yes, the boxed cooler is enough. You can try tools like Hwinfo if you want to see the data.

Back
Top Bottom