eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Any FM features you can't be bothered with could be delegated to the AI, which is a feature of FM itself. Hiring/firing staff, facility management etc..

Personally, I really miss the PES games from just 5+ years ago where you had to choose how to invest your money, in terms of your staff - and where the fans could essentially force you out of the club if you didn't keep them happy.

I play the ML to be invested in a club and change the way they work, not to just play a match over and over. That's what league mode is for (and with the same stadiums etc. it gets a little bit mind-numbing).

I noticed the trailer said "make decisions every day". That's what's missing, for me (if not every day, then every week, beyond just picking the team). That sounds great - yet the rest of the trailer (and the streams we're seeing) show it's just not true.

What i have always wanted is league mode with transfers. Thats all. :D All the other notifications for me already are"what the fu*k now", hated it in CM as well when Ramos started crying once i put him on the bench because he was fatigued as hell.

Make decisions every day is referred to press conferences and interactive cutscenes. Looking at the streams they shows hiring staff like it was possible until Pes 2013 is completely missing.
There isn't a press conference or cutscene every day though is there? (Nor should there be, that'd be madness.) So once you're through pre-season / the transfer window, and you're in the day-to-day running of the club... I don't think there's much left to do other than play the matches, until the next transfer window.

Personally - and yes it's expecting too much right now - I'd love more player communication. Players getting annoyed that they're not being played, or that they're being played in the wrong position, or that they don't like their training, or even that they don't get on with someone.

Agents promoting their players and/or giving me grief because I don't give their clients enough money. Chairmen giving me grief because they don't think the new signing's any good. Give me some problems to solve, and make it matter.

If a player comes to me and says "I don't get played enough", and I promise him games, I want his morale to jump - and maybe another player to get annoyed with me for being so weak. Or if I tell him to get lost, I want his morale to drop, but to get a bit more respect from the rest of the squad.

Currently, and I could be wrong, it looks like the ML situation is "here's a press conference with some questions, which creates a news story, which you can read back to remind you of that thing you said". Pointless - but I think that's what they think we want. I blame The Journey, which was bloody awful.

What i have always wanted is league mode with transfers. Thats all. :D All the other notifications for me already are"what the fu*k now", hated it in CM as well when Ramos started crying once i put him on the bench because he was fatigued as hell.
See I love that - there are certain players I don't like in real-life because, in Football Manager, they led a dressing room revolt against me and ended up getting me fired. :D I love that.

To be honest these interaction cutscenes are mostly boring. Check FIFA, their cut scenes for signing players are same everytime so just a little table with few cells make much better job than loading and answering boring cutscenes all the time.

I want to see proper managment, setting up training, checking development, youth teams, moving to new stadiums, transfer and contract negotiations, hiring stuff etc.

I guess I am jsut too demanding.

Ever try a https://www.rainmeter.net ?
You can have desktop overlays that show many wondrous things :D This is one I got from the internets and adjusted for my MSIBurner:
two desktop elements, launcher and system info. one on top of sys info is few links to applications/folders i use often, can move it wherever i wish on desktop

rainmeter.png
im not the fan of overlay addons but im aware its useful :P

Is there any information on the transfer budgets in master league or indeed any information on what the transfers are like with the new algorithms?

Master league quickly looses any sense of immersion with daft transfers

They allegedly using transfermarket values now

I dont know what is with this game. I just bought i8700, 16GB Ram and with my GTX 1060 6gb game ran smoothly as hell in first time. Today Iam launching the game and I noticed slightly micro stuttering.
Fraps shows 72fps (not more not less) during gameplay. Replays at some scenes drops to 40fps.
Is my card ok or will 1070 be much better ... ONLY regarding PES ?
Playing 1080 144Mhz

I don't know if does it make any sense but turning OFF Vsync makes suttering gone in game and in replays :o
When its ON stuttering appears.
Shouldn't be opposite ?

There isn't a press conference or cutscene every day though is there? (Nor should there be, that'd be madness.) So once you're through pre-season / the transfer window, and you're in the day-to-day running of the club... I don't think there's much left to do other than play the matches, until the next transfer window.

Personally - and yes it's expecting too much right now - I'd love more player communication. Players getting annoyed that they're not being played, or that they're being played in the wrong position, or that they don't like their training, or even that they don't get on with someone.

Agents promoting their players and/or giving me grief because I don't give their clients enough money. Chairmen giving me grief because they don't think the new signing's any good. Give me some problems to solve, and make it matter.

If a player comes to me and says "I don't get played enough", and I promise him games, I want his morale to jump - and maybe another player to get annoyed with me for being so weak. Or if I tell him to get lost, I want his morale to drop, but to get a bit more respect from the rest of the squad.

Currently, and I could be wrong, it looks like the ML situation is "here's a press conference with some questions, which creates a news story, which you can read back to remind you of that thing you said". Pointless - but I think that's what they think we want. I blame The Journey, which was bloody awful.

See I love that - there are certain players I don't like in real-life because, in Football Manager, they led a dressing room revolt against me and ended up getting me fired. :D I love that.
All of us would love to have these in the game, but I think this would require a lot of logic, a lot of Machine Learning implemented into the game to read situations like those of real life (for example, a player not getting along with someone). I don't see that happening in football simulations anytime soon.

I don't know if does it make any sense but turning OFF Vsync makes suttering gone in game and in replays :o
Shouldn't be opposite ?

PES is very specific when it comes to Vsync settings. I had extreme problems with 2019, stuttering was all over the place, but in my case turning Vsync (along with some other nvidia options), made it work.
ps. Additional problems were caused by GF Experience

Shouldn't be opposite ?
Something is wrong with your game or something i am playing the game high settings ryzen5 1500x+gtx1060 with 144hz display 130fps lock with nvidia tool.

All of us would love to have these in the game, but I think this would require a lot of logic, a lot of Machine Learning implemented into the game to read situations like those of real life (for example, a player not getting along with someone). I don't see that happening in football simulations anytime soon.
Machine learning? All of this stuff happens in Football Manager now, today. It might be too much to expect of a non-management football game, but it's all completely possible.

It's stuff that happens everytime in many managerial games, at least to a certain degree of complexity. Now, I'm not asking for Dwarf Fortress level of world simulation in Pes or Fifa of course (although that would be nice & probably the end of my social life :D) but having nonetheless a game with more significant, linked interactions driven by CPU "behaviours" all along the game certainly isn't out of reach.

That said I'll be happy if they'll at least partially nail those damn transfer fees

folks. i switched from steam controller to ps4 controller. i felt more control BUT master league is just .... how should i put it eloquently .... basically if the devil did a big stinky poo, ML would be it.

as good as the 2020 demo feels compared to 2019 demo, no way am i trusting ML to be any different from any of the previous year.

A DELIBERATE UNHAPPY DISSATISFYING EXPERIENCE (aka devil poo).

Machine learning? All of this stuff happens in Football Manager now, today. It might be too much to expect of a non-management football game, but it's all completely possible.
But FM is not actually a football sim, right? It doesn't have to factor in your playstyles during a match, or how 'well' a certain player played, being out of position, and so many other things. I think for a game like PES or FIFA, it would bring a level of complexity that would also require some skilled professionals of that field, and these companies might not be willing to make that kind of investment.

Ordered it from CDkeys site hopefully master league wont disappoint trailer looks good.
I always start with Man United then i go for Road2glory series. But this year i probably start with Napoli and of course i will play with Manchester United. What about you guyz

Anyone pre-ordered via CDKeys.com before?
It looks like it's the best deal I can find at the moment but I haven't ever used that site so I'm wondering if it's legit and (if it is) when will the keys be released: https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/pes-2020-steam-pc
Not going to buy via stores like G2A or Kinguin as they've always looked shady to me, I was wondering if CDKeys is anything different.

Otherwise... Anyone having experience with GamesPlanet?
https://fr.gamesplanet.com/game/efootball-pes-2020-steam-key--4141-1

Ordered it from CDkeys site hopefully master league wont disappoint trailer looks good.
Oh yeah, I must be blind or something. :COOL:

It looks like it's the best deal I can find at the moment but I haven't ever used that site so I'm wondering if it's legit and (if it is) when will the keys be released: https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/pes-2020-steam-pc
Not going to buy via stores like G2A or Kinguin as they've always looked shady to me, I was wondering if CDKeys is anything different.

Used them many times before, never had any issues.

I've used G2A before, no issues.

Oh well, if it's like that... I think I'll have a try. :))
Thank you all!

I read that G2A uses promotional keys and resells them, they aren't allowed to do that.
Yeah, and I don't really like that. That's why I called them shady.

Damn, CDKeys sells it about 15usd cheaper than steam. :SHOCK:

InstantGaming
CDKeys
G2A
Kinguin
Nuveem

Bought from all of those and all of them are perfectly safe and fine.

I'm a little confused. Doesn't it say that PES is not region-locked on Steam's site?
Why does it say the opposite on this one?

upload_2019-8-31_9-29-24.png

But FM is not actually a football sim, right? It doesn't have to factor in your playstyles during a match, or how 'well' a certain player played, being out of position, and so many other things. I think for a game like PES or FIFA, it would bring a level of complexity that would also require some skilled professionals of that field, and these companies might not be willing to make that kind of investment.

Not quite sure if i´ve a lack of understanding your point, but football manager (FM) is the personification of a football sim. sure you do not play on your own and "only" manage a club. teach your squad to play your vision of football and adapt it while in a competitve match. Performance during a game and practice does have a impact on the player development (short term - in a match as well from week to week - and long term).

hello guys, i've always played pes on ps4, but i'd like to enjoy evo-web patched so i'm thinking about to buy the PC version this year. how's the online community? quite big?

Back
Top Bottom