eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't even put in any effort to make these look convincing, often even having completely wrong hair colours/styles. That and all the faces look identical apart from ethnicity...
I really dislike Konami's system of "white guy painted black = black guy". It's awful.

A photo-realistic face next to the current generic ones makes the game look absolutely ridiculous. Rather than make new faces for the stars, could they not have made a new generic face system for the remaining 90% of the game's players, to make them look more human and less cartoon character?

A guy in the Uk posted on twitter this morning that he has the game, he posted an image of him holding the full retail PS4 game in the cellophane wrapper, said a mate of his works for a distributor and got it for him.
What's their Twitter handle?

EDgavLPXsAA79mV

this looks cool. finally, different shadows

I thought this was still not in the game. Even if it's just moving during half time, instead of "real time" it's something

For those who somewhat lost the joy of scoring the following might reingnite it a bit, as it did for me.

1. Put shooting on manual.
2. Only perform R2 shots.
Bonus: Disable the power bar. Havent tried this myself yet but someone @Emroth suggested this in a previous post (sorry, forgot your username).

As you know, R2 gives you the most control over direction and effect of your attempt. Now, in my experience, when you force yourself to always make that extra effort to push R2 first, you either have to up your reaction speed or create some space for yourself. This makes shooting more of an 'event' so to say. Add to that the extra control and imho somewhat better animations and shooting could become a more enjoyable and surprising experience for you.

Sure enough, the effect might wear off after some time but when i am so used to 'always' using R2 that it goes automatically, i might just disable the power meter to artificially make it more challenging again.

Here's an example of an R2 shot:

So i am pretty sure the exact same shot without R2 would of gone much more towards the middle of the goal, within reach of the keeper. The R2 shot however was a much better translation of the shot i wanted to perform and as i for once didnt failed with my input here the output felt really satisfying.

Ofcourse, this is only logical, thats what a control shot is intended for, but somehow i never used it that much, just tried it occasionally. Perhaps because i was somewhat biased towards it, i considered it a bit of a 'cheat' to be able to press a button and your shot somehow becomes more dangerous.

Now i realize i might have been too harsh and maybe i should look at it the other way around. On manual at least, square is the equivalent of closing your eyes and hope for the best whereas most real-life shots are placed, eyes wide open R2 shots.

At least for now i dont feel R2 is magically doing things in 2020, it just translates my input better with the only tradeoff being my shots having less power (which in my eyes is only a good thing). I guess with R2 manual shots are much more similar to manual passes.

PS Above clip is on long grass and like i said in my previous comment, i think you can notice the effect on the ball. For example, the short pass at 0:26 almost comes to a dead stop.

Last edited:
Respect to the ones who stopped playing the demo.

I can´t do it.
I don´t have much time to play the next couple of days, but if...then I need to put my hands on this.

After I used the modded fan view, I came back to the stadium cam again and play with 0,10,4.
Angle 4 seems to be a good compromise between looks and manual control.
Works better than before at least.

Just wish KONAMI wouldn´t have that sliders so limited.
I´d love to have a bit more height in it, but well...it´s good anyway.

Aussies who haven't pre-ordered yet and still interested, ozgameshop has both PS4 and Xbox One versions for a$67. You can try to get Amazon to price match too as that's what I did and worked for me. Actually beat it by a $1 for $66.

All the myClub players are getting restless by the looks of things on Twitter.

“I want Neymar, Pele and Mbappe on day one! Need to see their faces first or I’m not buying this!”

“Does Charlie Nicholas have his little earring? It’s a deal breaker for me”

Etc

Aussies who haven't pre-ordered yet and still interested, ozgameshop has both PS4 and Xbox One versions for a$67. You can try to get Amazon to price match too as that's what I did and worked for me. Actually beat it by a $1 for $66.
Ozgameshop isn't Australian based, so you wont get it by release date. Had a mate who pre-ordered from their last year, and got it a week later than release. Not cool :)

Something i've always been meaning to ask and forget to bring up - Does the grass length actually affect anything in-game? I can't say i notice much of a difference.

Is it just a visual difference in replays or does it actually affect the ball?

Anyway had a game yesterday in the snow and that DID feel like a different experience. I loved the way the players slip and slide a little bit longer than usual and the way way the ball zips about, You just feel like you have a little less control over the ball speed and things become a little chaotic of the organized kind. I played 2019 in dry weather mostly so completely forgot about the effects weather has on gameplay.

I heard it does and i heard that people have their preferences. I, however, never really investigated this. I never check what grass is there and dont really try to find differences.

Weather clearly has an impact, but its easier to focus on it, since we can see the changes. It also changes during the matches, so we have a comparison there and then - in the same match.

I like the way time of the match is included in the calendar and I like the pictures circulating on twitter, with different position of the sun depending on time played.
Immersion in ML is like Tesco - every little helps.

I love quoting you two together.

I think this feature was introduced back in PES 2016. And back then there was whole heap of speculation.
But somehow after PES 2017 we just stopped talking about it. Nobody loves it. Nobody complains. So Konami simply left it there as an unoffensive feature that might bring more placebo-happiness to people, I guess.

Would be nice if they made something out of it. Like an actual visual feature with effects on gameplay.

The turf in 2019 was awful with its millions of dots. 2020 looks way better and much more pleasing on the eye.

Uuuuh, you are so wrong my man. So wrong.
I'm a turfs-fetishist, I almost obsess over grass (color, textures, etc) so much when watching real life matches so much and I think 2019 turfs were by far the best of any football game. They were not perfect and they were a little too noisy. But if you think about it, turfs on football games have always sucked. Horrendous. In FIFA too. So, 2019 were actually good in my opinion. You could tell they worked on those turfs based on real life pictures they took when they scanned Camp Nou.

I haven't played the demo for a couple of days because it builds up my hope for the final game, weird right? :D

Same here. I barely touched for the past 20 days.
Had to bite my own hand a few times. So hard to resist but hey, just 50 days to go (according to Alx1234's maths system).

EDgavLPXsAA79mV

this looks cool. finally, different shadows

Well hey, what do you know... don't I deserve some credit for that, Konami?.
If you loved the GFX MOD so much, you could've hired me!

The turf in PES 2020 looks bad in my opinion.

And I still would love to know how people put up with this demo in HDR. I have to turn HDR off, it burns my eyes.

The 4K looks gorgeous mind you.

Power bar off really has a big impact on my matches. There is much more variety in shots since I started.
And finally when Im close to scoring from Free Kick Im getting this old "aaAAHH!! So close!!" feeling again. (Havent scored one yet).

I must give this a go.
Can't get onto FM shooting, need my stats input, so basic it is, the fabric of PES gameplay

I've actually gone back to 19, playing BAL for the first time. Although it's more for a laugh, I went to regular difficulty so I could have regular goals and assists. Will make the switch back to 20 more fresh, I think.

The turf in PES 2020 looks bad in my opinion.

And I still would love to know how people put up with this demo in HDR. I have to turn HDR off, it burns my eyes.

The 4K looks gorgeous mind you.
I could never play fifa in HDR but PES not in HDR i find the shadows to harsh, what tv settings would soften shadows

I could never play fifa in HDR but PES not in HDR i find the shadows to harsh, what tv settings would soften shadows
I’ve tried everything. Game just looks so unnaturally bright with HDR turned on. I’ve got a relatively new 4K HDR tv so it’s not that. I’ve tinkered with so many settings in tv and in-game but can’t get it looking right.

So I just turn off HDR in PS4 settings now.

CPU is impressive in this. Is playing better than in the demo.
What I don't like is that the CPU doesn't push the team forward enough when they are a goal down. I saw Wilhelm II vs Ajax on that Twitch stream and CPU stayed back with both their fullbacks and central midfielder, even though they were losing.

IMO the losing team should attack with almost all the players in end of the match if they are one or two goals down.
This needs to be addressed.

What I don't like is that the CPU doesn't push the team forward enough when they are a goal down. I saw Wilhelm II vs Ajax on that Twitch stream and CPU stayed back with both their fullbacks and central midfielder, even though they were losing.

IMO the losing team should attack with almost all the players in end of the match if they are one or two goals down.

I didn't make it that far but that is a good point

Did you like it?
Havent seen any of your thoughts here, unless i missed them. Ud be one of the judges to give me green light to start downloading.
Did you like it?
Havent seen any of your thoughts here, unless i missed them. Ud be one of the judges to give me green light to start downloading.
Good question pal! I haven't posted any opinion i think.
Just to avoid any long post. I tried the DEMO just to check the basics, which i found acceptable to good. As a base it is OK for me, despite any flaws, BUT in the same time the base is just the 50% of the final product. Example: I am sure that Superstar CPU Barcelona , will not let you 70% possession without pressing, neither in exhibition nor in ML etc. Something will change here for sure.

In conclusion i like it, more due to a "Mandela effect ", from people's positive posts, but i need to try the full version .
If i can make an analogy, it is like i tell you i will make you AAA+ spaghetti carbonara, having only AAA pasta and ignoring the sauce the cooking recipe and the rest.
Still i haven't preordered to be honest.

Question for PS4 Pro owners. Assuming you all have your pro running on a 4k TV with HDR on, do you find game footage particularly FIFA or PES to appear washed out when you upload to YouTube?
FIFA isn't so bad but PES looks horrible, over exposed colours etc.

I have a PS4 Pro running on a Samsung 55" QLED 4k HDR Tv, actual live picture quality is amazing, just captured footage with HDR on looks naff. Anyone else?

I’ve tried everything. Game just looks so unnaturally bright with HDR turned on. I’ve got a relatively new 4K HDR tv so it’s not that. I’ve tinkered with so many settings in tv and in-game but can’t get it looking right.

Question for PS4 Pro owners. Assuming you all have your pro running on a 4k TV with HDR on, do you find game footage particularly FIFA or PES to appear washed out when you upload to YouTube?
Yes, it's a limitation when it comes to the PS4's HDR solution. YouTube supports HDR but PS4s, even though they can display it, can't record it.

If this is a problem for you (in terms of recording), your three options are, A) play without HDR (so colours will appear normal when uploading), B) purchase an external recording device that's HDR-capable, or C) switch to the Xbox, which I believe records in HDR.

FIFA isn't so bad but PES looks horrible, over exposed colours etc.

I have a PS4 Pro running on a Samsung 55" QLED 4k HDR Tv, actual live picture quality is amazing, just captured footage with HDR on looks naff. Anyone else?

Yes, it's a limitation when it comes to the PS4's HDR solution. YouTube supports HDR but PS4s, even though they can display it, can't record it.

If this is a problem for you (in terms of recording), your three options are, A) play without HDR (so colours will appear normal when uploading), B) purchase an external recording device that's HDR-capable, or C) switch to the Xbox, which I believe records in HDR.

Can confirm, HDR records are really fugly.

Ill have a look around to see if i can find a decent HDR compatible recording device that wont break the bank, suggestions are welcome.

I have the same experience and am about to order a premium HDMI cable to see if that makes any difference, see https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...-hardware/sound---screen/ps4--how-to-get-hdr/

Do you happen to have one already?

Can confirm, HDR records are really fugly.

Ill have a look around to see if i can find a decent HDR compatible recording device that wont break the bank, suggestions are welcome.
As far as I'm aware, the AVerMedia GC553 is the best/cheapest external HDR and 4K recording box. Any cheaper and there's no HDR. Might be what you're after, @xPJRx? If not, it's turn HDR off or switch to the Xbox I'm afraid!

I have the same experience and am about to order a premium HDMI cable to see if that makes any difference, see https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...-hardware/sound---screen/ps4--how-to-get-hdr/

Do you happen to have one already?
In my experience, HDR is really awkward to set up properly. With my (top-of-the-range) 4K HDR telly, I've never been able to get the HDR brightness up to to the level that certain games expect you to (where you have the logo that should disappear as brightness goes up - that's literally impossible to achieve on my TV without turning up general brightness so much that everything becomes washed out and milky).

If my TV wasn't capable of saving two different sets of settings for each AV channel, I wouldn't be bothered with HDR, because they're both entirely different. It never tends to be the cabling (a digital signal is 0s and 1s, it either makes it or it doesn't, it's not like analog where there are degrees of signal and/or "correctness").

It's just really tricky to get the best out of your TV, I think.

I think that's professional or top player difficulty, not superstar and it definitely isn't legend either. Previous streams on Superstar the other guy was being destroyed by CPU pressing and immediately switching to red bar offensive level as soon as they conceded a goal and they tried every possible way to score.

In conclusion i like it, more due to a "Mandela effect ", from people's positive posts, but i need to try the full version .
If i can make an analogy, it is like i tell you i will make you AAA+ spaghetti carbonara, having only AAA pasta and ignoring the sauce the cooking recipe and the rest.
Still i haven't preordered to be honest.
So, what you're saying here, is that Pes2020 is like this:
20190903145758.jpg
;) :LOL:
Apologies for quality, my cut and paste app doesnt want to work with me lately. Way too many pop ups. Need to find a new good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom