eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone and that penis Chris!

I’m playing more and more without advanced instructions. Honestly I feel they are only needed situationally now depending on your opponent. I remember the past few years it felt like, to me, I had to use the advanced instructions to get better ball movement but the off ball running this year from your A.I. teammates is prob the best it’s been. I also feel like advanced instructions override a lot of player play styles. Like playing Juve they have swarm the box and pack it in so playing through the middle is really tough so hug the sideline can help spread things out but I’m really focusing on my players play styles.

For example, Bayern is my favorite team in the demo. With Bayern levendowski is advanced striker so I look for his runs off the defenders shoulder. Gnabry and Coman are prolific wingers so they stay by the touch line and don’t stray inside. Kimmick has the new full back finished trait so he under laps and comes inside instead of overlapping like Alaba does it’s his side. Mueller is dummy runner so he’s constantly make runs to pull defenders out of position and create space. Add the trait cards with the inspire feature and you really don’t need advanced instructions. When Thiago gets on the ball all of a sudden my A.I. teammates start making incisive runs and diagonal runs to pick out a pass. Because the pace is slower this year and you have more time to pick your head up and spot runs or let runs develop you get such a great feel for the individual play styles.

When play as Barca the last couple years I used to have to make Messi a SS or bring him inside on the formation screen or put on the false wingers adv instruction. But his natural play style is roaming winger so he’s natural going to come inside and look for the ball and Sergio Roberto will start bombing forward as an offensive fullback. I understand these play styles have been in the game last few years but I just think they work so much better this year and you see them in action better.

Anyway just felt like sharing :)
Sorry if I misunderstood, but using a roaming flank player as SS, de-activates the playstyle, roaming flank works for WF,SMF.
At least until last year. Didn’t run a play test for changes this year.

I'll tell you, they may not have actually added much to Master League underneath all this flashy stuff on the surface, but i'll be damned if i'm not actually excited to play it for the first time in years.

It's probably the realistic transfers and gameplay itself more than anything, but t's honestly enough for me for now. Fix those dodgy regens and even better.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but using a roaming flank player as SS, de-activates the playstyle, roaming flank works for WF,SMF.
At least until last year. Didn’t run a play test for changes this year.

What I meant was to bring Messi inside. I felt like in the past I’ve had to make him a SS and move him inside on the tactical screen or put on fake wingers. This year I feel like I don’t have to do any of that that the player styles really work well and I think it just may be that the pace of the game is slower so it allows me to see the player styles work better

What I meant was to bring Messi inside. I felt like in the past I’ve had to make him a SS and move him inside on the tactical screen or put on fake wingers. This year I feel like I don’t have to do any of that that the player styles really work well and I think it just may be that the pace of the game is slower so it allows me to see the player styles work better
Ah ok. Clear enough, I used to give emphasis on playstyles since 2016 but only in pes2018, i understand how they work and reading them through gameplan screen.
Until then I used to do common mistakes like having a CB with defense full back style or anchorman and SS with profilic winger.
It was a shock to realize they don’t work like these after 1000 hours of ML in 16 and 500 on 17!
If it is correct by designers, to connect playstyles with certain positions, I find it still questionable.

Diggin PA1 myself online. If they get filters for divisions and MyClub, I would be more than happy with this year. There has been no indication of this. So, I am just enthusiastic for the full game. Enjoyed the demo so far and can't wait to see what they do in the full game.

I agree... i wish they just disable PA2 and PA3 completely and remove them from the game and especially online. It seems like everyone I know in the online community who plays PES Religiously online all say they use PA2 or PA3 online because everyone else does. ONLY reason.. why konami don't realize this and just disable or take it out the game completely is just dumb. I already seen a video posted by a top PES streamer who basically shows how dumb PA3 is in the PES2020 demo showing where you can just hit the X button without having any sense of where your passing and succeed. how fun is that? why would konami allow this in their game where the majority of their online community are kind of forced to use that setting depending on how you look at it... until they make this change.. PES online will never beat FIFA. imo PA3 is more arcade ping pong like than FIFA at fully assisted settings even.

I wish konami would go back to the days where it's only one pass option and everyone must use it. I would prefer that over what they have today. but now I understand too many people like using PA0 now as well offline... but for online having PA2 and PA3 available just ruins the experience. Even the top pros in esports use those settings now so it's basically wont change unless konami takes out of the game completely... the day they decided to be like FIFA and have different pass assist settings basically caused all this stupid non sense and forces people like me to use PA2 or whatever online.. I really don't want to use that but the majority of people online all play at PA2 OR PA3 because of konami having these settings. it's already hard enough to match up with people playing PES online compared to FIFA but to try to match up with people playing PA0 or PA1 in North America would not be a fun experience. The game would be so much better overall if there was NO pass assistance options imo

Last edited:
Why there is no general manual filter for both shooting and passing? Its a disaster. I play fuma and when i choose same settings online, i play with players with manual passing but assisted shooting? Tragic!!!

Stuff like this is why I don't preorder:SMOKIN:

Can't remember who it was on this thread earlier who mentioned about switching the power gauge off but it's been really fun to experiment with. Also starting to get to grips with advanced through balls now as well - really makes you pick your moments to use it - and feels super rewarding when it comes off.

All i was saying is playing with no assistance doesn’t equate to every pass and shot being exactly the same for every player.

Just as using no assists in driving games doesn’t negate from the differences between cars or the way they feel.

The games designed one way.Different levels of assistance influence how much command and at what level the cpu has of your inputs.Acting in the same way a stabiliser does.Reducing the difficulty and the end users margin of error.

I just don’t think player attributes become more pronounced or weakened when you select a different level of assist.

I agree... i wish they just disable PA2 and PA3 completely and remove them from the game and especially online. It seems like everyone I know in the online community who plays PES Religiously online all say they use PA2 or PA3 online because everyone else does. ONLY reason.. why konami don't realize this and just disable or take it out the game completely is just dumb. I already seen a video posted by a top PES streamer who basically shows how dumb PA3 is in the PES2020 demo showing where you can just hit the X button without having any sense of where your passing and succeed. how fun is that? why would konami allow this in their game where the majority of their online community are kind of forced to use that setting depending on how you look at it... until they make this change.. PES online will never beat FIFA. imo PA3 is more arcade ping pong like than FIFA at fully assisted settings even.

I wish konami would go back to the days where it's only one pass option and everyone must use it. I would prefer that over what they have today. but now I understand too many people like using PA0 now as well offline... but for online having PA2 and PA3 available just ruins the experience. Even the top pros in esports use those settings now so it's basically wont change unless konami takes out of the game completely... the day they decided to be like FIFA and have different pass assist settings basically caused all this stupid non sense and forces people like me to use PA2 or whatever online.. I really don't want to use that but the majority of people online all play at PA2 OR PA3 because of konami having these settings. it's already hard enough to match up with people playing PES online compared to FIFA but to try to match up with people playing PA0 or PA1 in North America would not be a fun experience. The game would be so much better overall if there was NO pass assistance options imo

Yeah, I think pretty much everyone here agree with this.

I had a small hope they'd remove PA2+3 from online with their even bigger focus on esports combined with the greater error in passing and shooting on PA1, so I thought they would sort of make a fresh start in that department. But doesn't seem like it with PA 2+3 being available online in the demo.

Does anyone feel like the lower end of manual passing isnt sensitive enough. I mean why is the first 20% of the manual bar still going miles when I cross, I just wish I had more control over the lighter passes and crosses.

Does anyone feel like the lower end of manual passing isnt sensitive enough. I mean why is the first 20% of the manual bar still going miles when I cross, I just wish I had more control over the lighter passes and crosses.
I agree about crossing, I usually use chipped through ball (L1+Triangle) for when I want less power on a cross. Apparently advanced through ball can help with those very light short passes but I don't use it myself.

I really don’t know what they’ve done this year and despite loving the new camera as visibility is something that’s drove me mad on latest versions, I decided to play it tonight on my old settings. Wide Cam, zoom 0, height 10, angle 10. Not for everyone of course. What a game, I had a feeling again in my stomach that’s a mix between tension and pleasure. Pure organized chaos and utter enjoyment. Can’t wait for the full game if it stays like that. I said I wouldn’t buy either this year but think I’m going to get it.

@OBH - Diving headers on manual do exist! :D

Wow! This is nice.

I've seen some attempts in Pes2020 but this is the first time since pes2018 that I've seen someone in any setting(Manual/basic/human/CPU) scoring a diving header like this.

On Pes2018, the only diving headers I can remember are those super low diving headers which aren't really nice.
On Pes2019, the only diving headers I can remember are those from stand stills, like this:
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Last edited:
I got two questions for experienced PES players (newb here switching from the other game haha)....

1) Is advanced through ball that much “better” then basic?
2) Do you recommend having auto-feint on or off?

I go back between PA1 and PA0 but think I’ll settle on PA1 if that matters.

Currently, I’m using advanced through ball but when I use basic, I don’t notice that I’m missing much? Actually basic gets the pass of quicker/more fluid it seems?

Auto feint I have off. I like the feel of the joystick without it but don’t know if on or off is better.

Is

Thanks in advance!

if he doesn t get the stadium of the teams which are licensed and give us NEW SONNE Arena, it doesn t make any sense of playing with a club from chile at NEW SONNE Arena....!!!! give us more stadiums man, it s breaking the immersion like this

10-15 generic stadiums is all we would need, would go a hell of a long way to authenticate a premier league ML

I got two questions for experienced PES players (newb here switching from the other game haha)....

Currently, I’m using advanced through ball but when I use basic, I don’t notice that I’m missing much? Actually basic gets the pass of quicker/more fluid it seems?

Auto feint I have off. I like the feel of the joystick without it but don’t know if on or off is better.

Is

Thanks in advance!
I'd say advanced through ball is a very difficult thing to master, other than that I leave it upto the masters here

Is

Thanks in advance!
I play with auto-feint on. Don't have the time nor skills to memories all the different moves.

if he doesn t get the stadium of the teams which are licensed and give us NEW SONNE Arena, it doesn t make any sense of playing with a club from chile at NEW SONNE Arena....!!!! give us more stadiums man, it s breaking the immersion like this

Yeah this is something they truly have no excuses for. They could have started adding custom themed stadiums years ago, a few for each edition maybe, and we would have had something decent by now in terms of variety/immersion.

Pure laziness.

I have always tried to score something like this in PES in PS4 since PES 2015, however the ball had always passed through the players. Was sure it’s impossible with Fox Engine. But yesterday, I wasn’t even trying to, absolutely unintended

@OBH - Diving headers on manual do exist! :D
Wow, that looks pretty good! Are you using Corinthians too?
I'm loving South American teams in this demo, I usually switch between Sao Paulo and Corinthians (but I've come to prefer the latter) and play against other South American sides.
About Corinthians... I don't know exactly what it is, but Sornoza and Jadson playing together behind the striker are something beautiful to see and to control. I usually play a 4-5-1 with a CDM and two CAMs just to be able to play Sornoza and Jadson in their natural position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom