eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In conclusion i like it, more due to a "Mandela effect ", from people's positive posts, but i need to try the full version .
If i can make an analogy, it is like i tell you i will make you AAA+ spaghetti carbonara, having only AAA pasta and ignoring the sauce the cooking recipe and the rest.
Still i haven't preordered to be honest.
One week until release and we've gone insane. :D

Ok, so I hade to play some more of the demo after all. :D Still can't shake the feeling that it will change come next Tuesday but whatever.

Anyway, I have been a manual player for the last couple of years but time around I really think PA1 is good and I think I know why I feel that way (again, my feeling, it might be placebo...).

I use only Flamengo online and come up against Juve/Barca mostly (and the odd Bayern/Arsenal). In these matches the midfield battles are almost non existent, which you could argue is somewhat realistic these days since the teams are soo skilled that a lot of the game is played on each other last third.

But often (placebo?) my opponents seem to misplace their passes (me too) deeper into the match, around the 65-70 minute the midfield battles becomes more apparent and there are more misplaced passes. Perhaps because the players are becoming tired, you have to concentrate more.

Then there are the random match like one I had today where someone used Sao Paulo and it is like a different game, not that end to end stuff at all, brilliant actually. I do feel stats matter this time around and when you mix it up with :l2:- passing you can open the game up really nice.

So I would be happy if PA1 stayed this way.

* Team filters for online divisions please!

* :circle: + :l1: is still too automated on PA1, always goes towards your forward, that is much better on PA0

* Player switching needs to be adressed for the final game, it's crucial online when defending since there always is at least a tiny input lag. Seems random sometimes.

So, I'm done rambling now. :D

So, what you're saying here, is that Pes2020 is like this:
View attachment 19173
;) :LOL:
Apologies for quality, my cut and paste app doesnt want to work with me lately. Way too many pop ups. Need to find a new good one.
Hahaha good shot. I mean that after all these years of demo to full inconsistency, i struggle to believe what i see on demo, good or bad.
The extra pros are: The AI cant be worse than the broken 19 and the content in ML (2nd divisions back etc, fixed? Transfer system) wins only by notes. I hope.

Hey guys, recent lurker here. The reddit sub didn't do it anymore for me and i see many offline-focused opinions here, so i figured why not sign up myself. Only on Board since 2016 but i've spent probably 1500-2000 hours on offline since. Playing semi-manual (=manual passing, advanced shooting) since 2017.

I'm the guy who did the Video with the 100 Attacks from the Superstar AI which I then sent to TheTrueBrits who used it on is channel as well. Really seems like the AI this year will be better then in 18 and 19 which makes me buzzin...played the Demo for 50+ hours...such a good game even with it's current flaws. Let's hope Konami doesn't fudge it up.

Anyways...i keep hearing that many people think that scoring doesn't feel satisfying for them...may i ask why that is? Has it something to do with older PES games and how shooting was done there? I do think they could improve on it, but personally I jumped off my seat many times. I even made a video with what i would call my most beautiful goals after 45 hours with the demo .

And may I ask, how big the (active) Evo-Web community is?

I haven't played the demo for a couple of days because it builds up my hope for the final game, weird right? :D
Well i agree with this too, You still want some of the gameplay to feel new and undiscovered when the final game drops - You wanna look forward to undressing that attractive young lady. Don't wanna over do the old "in-out" before marriage otherwise the honeymoon becomes overwhelming and there's not much to look forward to for the duration of your commitment.

But i stopped playing because the 5 minute match lengths just started to frustrate me so much - I play on manual and by the time i craft one attack and really start enjoying myself, The whistle blows. Sometimes literally in the middle of a dangerous attack. Talk about a ruined orgasm.

I really dislike Konami's system of "white guy painted black = black guy". It's awful.

A photo-realistic face next to the current generic ones makes the game look absolutely ridiculous. Rather than make new faces for the stars, could they not have made a new generic face system for the remaining 90% of the game's players, to make them look more human and less cartoon character?
For all the advances Konami make graphically, The face customization seems to have regressed the most. Customization is still a big part of PES's spirit and identity similarly to how creation is a big part of WWE games culture - Yet on the latest WWE 2K games, The potential that creation sweet has is jaw dropping - A large part of that is because of the ability to import textures, especially facial ones and the result is user created wrestlers looking almost as good as the scanned-in game models.

Konami flirted with the idea of scanned faces last gen and it's understandable from a technical standpoint why they were limited then and probably still are now. I'm sure there's a technical reason why we do have an official limit on PNG's we can import for kits, So with that being said the developers probably decided that it was a choice of sharing that limit for Kits & face PNG's or that the maximum amount of kits should take priority (they're not wrong).

Ok, so I hade to play some more of the demo after all. :D Still can't shake the feeling that it will change come next Tuesday but whatever.

Anyway, I have been a manual player for the last couple of years but time around I really think PA1 is good and I think I know why I feel that way (again, my feeling, it might be placebo...).

I use only Flamengo online and come up against Juve/Barca mostly (and the odd Bayern/Arsenal). In these matches the midfield battles are almost non existent, which you could argue is somewhat realistic these days since the teams are soo skilled that a lot of the game is played on each other last third.

But often (placebo?) my opponents seem to misplace their passes (me too) deeper into the match, around the 65-70 minute the midfield battles becomes more apparent and there are more misplaced passes. Perhaps because the players are becoming tired, you have to concentrate more.

Then there are the random match like one I had today where someone used Sao Paulo and it is like a different game, not that end to end stuff at all, brilliant actually. I do feel stats matter this time around and when you mix it up with :l2:- passing you can open the game up really nice.

* :circle: + :l1: is still too automated on PA1, always goes towards your forward, that is much better on PA0

* Player switching needs to be adressed for the final game, it's crucial online when defending since there always is at least a tiny input lag. Seems random sometimes.

So, I'm done rambling now. :D

The only issue I have with pa1 and basic shooting is the rubber banding of the ball physics..It’s very subtle but it’s there..Like a invisible force field of assistance.

I Just don’t feel those restrictions with pa0 and manual shooting.Stats imo are still as relevant.

Just satisfied I have that choice and that level of freedom..Pa1 definitely requires a little more thought and timing now.

Thanks Chris, I did some research a while ago and thought it to be as much, I just wanted to check it wasn't just me or my setup causing the milky effect.
From what I understand Youtube changed their encoding algorithms to handle HDR but like you said, as the PS4 doesn't record in HDR, Youtube then tries to overlay an effect to handle the HDR even though it isnt there and it causes a washed out effect.

Most viable option is just to turn HDR off for PES then, previously found it looked better without it on anyway.

When I play the PES 20 demo on the 100" screen in my cinema room, via 1080p Projector, I have to literally turn the brightness on the PES 20 demo setup screen down to just 4 to get it to display correctly, anything above 10 results in a day glow neon green bright pitch that you can't see anything on.

Same deal with PES 19, first clip is HDR on, see the washed out milky look, then after, with HDR off.

HDR ON:

HDR OFF:

The only issue I have with pa1 and basic shooting is the rubber banding of the ball physics..It’s very subtle but it’s there..Like a invisible force field of assistance.

I Just don’t feel those restrictions with pa0 and manual shooting.Stats imo are still as relevant.

Just satisfied I have that choice and that level of freedom..Pa1 definitely requires a little more thought and timing now.
definitely an improvement over pa1 of pes 2019 yes, but still basic shooting could use a lot more variety

I agree about the freedom but personally it takes away much of the feeling for me when right footed players make perfect through balls with their left etc.

But as you say, I'm glad we have the 2 options and that they are good in their own way this time around imo. :)

I don’t tinker with the through ball(keep it as default in the settings)Its gold barring under pa0 so I can’t do wonder passes with any foot(ie when you set it to manual or advanced)..I still have as much freedom as a ground pass with the through ball even in basic and it’s stat driven(pa0 gives me the control of power and direction).

When it comes to manual shooting I’m not able to hit perfect shots with a players weaker foot and ironically I’ve noticed it’s more prevalent under basic(rockets with a players weaker foot).Why I prefer manual(heading is also better manual imo).

Manual shooting is very much like pa0..it’s not completely manual imo.

I’m the polar opposite..I think the stats matter more with less assistance..

Last edited:

Diggin PA1 myself online. If they get filters for divisions and MyClub, I would be more than happy with this year. There has been no indication of this. So, I am just enthusiastic for the full game. Enjoyed the demo so far and can't wait to see what they do in the full game.

Ozgameshop isn't Australian based, so you wont get it by release date. Had a mate who pre-ordered from their last year, and got it a week later than release. Not cool :)
I know. Still a good price though. Also, you can use that to get Amazon to price match. You get it on release day with them.

I don’t tinker with the through ball(keep it as default in the settings)Its gold barring under pa0 so I can’t do wonder passes with any foot(ie when you set it to manual or advanced)..I still have as much freedom as a ground pass with the through ball even in basic and it’s stat driven(pa0 gives me the control of power and direction).

When it comes to manual shooting I’m not able to hit perfect shots with a players weaker foot and ironically I’ve noticed it’s more prevalent under basic(rockets with a players weaker foot).Why I prefer manual(heading is also better manual imo).

Manual shooting is very much like pa0..it’s not completely manual imo.

I’m the polar opposite..I think the stats matter more with less assistance..
Kolasinac weak foot half-volley...

https://gfycat.com/unfinishedunfitdassierat

On manual shooting these kinds of shots from corners almost feel like cheating no matter what player or which foot although usually a fullback takes up these positions in the game.

A small tap of shoot (<50% power) with correct left stick aiming and it's always blasted on target, despite arriving from an angle with pace/height which should be a prime example of causing skied/scuffed shots, especially on a fullback's weak foot... But nope, perfect rockets every time.

Kolasinac weak foot half-volley...

https://gfycat.com/unfinishedunfitdassierat

On manual shooting these kinds of shots from corners almost feel like cheating no matter what player or which foot although usually a fullback takes up these positions in the game.

A small tap of shoot (<50% power) with correct left stick aiming and it's always blasted on target, despite arriving from an angle with pace/height which should be a prime example of causing skied/scuffed shots, especially on a fullback's weak foot... But nope, perfect rockets every time.

Here we go again..One bad example.Its not like you’ve showed me the same thing happening 50 times on a loop.

I beg to differ and I clearly stated imo..I get the mere mention of pa0 or manual gets some here a little upset.

I don’t think assistance in any way is reflective of stats..There a different entity..

Assistance is correction of user error..Power and direction..

I’ve spooned so many manual shots wide and mishit then because of body and foot position as-well as bad timing..

Hate to break it to you but imo manual shooting and pa0 aren’t fully manual and your one example doesn’t convince me otherwise..I can’t hit perfect shots on both feet with absolutely no error on manual even with the best players...It’s the same as basic but without the invisible asssitance/guidance and rails.

My passing stats on pa0 are as good as the best pa1 players..There’s no real handicap,your just doing it not the cpu.

Last edited:
Here we go again..One bad example.Its not like you’ve showed me the same thing happening 50 times on a loop.

I beg to differ and I clearly stated imo..I get the mere mention of pa0 or manual gets some here a little upset.

I don’t think assistance in any way is reflective of stats..There a different entity..

Assistance is correction of user error..Power and direction..

I’ve spooned so many manual shots wide and mishit then because of body and foot position as-well as bad timing..

Hate to break it to you but imo manual shooting and pa0 aren’t fully manual and your one example doesn’t convince me otherwise..I can’t hit perfect shots on both feet with absolutely no error on manual even with the best players...It’s the same as basic but without the invisible asssitance/guidance and rails.

My passing stats on pa0 are as good as the best pa1 players..There’s no real handicap,your just doing it not the cpu.
It's not just one example, it happens all the time hence why I said it feels like cheating. You can try it yourself - hit corners to the player positioned where I scored from. I've scored at least 10 goals this way, either cleanly going in or deflected.

All other manual players here seem to agree on this (far less error than basic/adv), it seems you're the only one sharing this rose-tinted (or fictional) view on pass/shot error on manual in this game.

In principle I want exactly what you describe, but it's just not the case in PES 2020, no matter how much I'd try to convince myself otherwise.

will having a full option file (all teams with kits etc) slow down the game like previous years? thinking of coming out of retirement to make a free option file with full bells and whistles with gameplay edited to be more realistic

will having a full option file (all teams with kits etc) slow down the game like previous years? thinking of coming out of retirement to make a free option file with full bells and whistles with gameplay edited to be more realistic
No it doesn’t make a difference - on PS4 Pro at least.

We're running around in circles with this Manual Vs Assisted discussion.

Look at it this way:
Same way he might be good (or lucky) enough to score a rocket from outside the box on manual - he can also bottle and easy tap in to an empty net, which would not happen on assisted. So instead of arguing about whats more realistic, probable, based on stats, or better...
I think the end stats and the amount of goals is something we should go by.
If one guy on assisted can achieve similar results as one on manual and they are both happy with amount of goals/success/error rate - then happy days.. Right? :LOL:

You mean slow down the game play or just the loading menu transitions?

Hello to everyone and that penis Chris!

I’m playing more and more without advanced instructions. Honestly I feel they are only needed situationally now depending on your opponent. I remember the past few years it felt like, to me, I had to use the advanced instructions to get better ball movement but the off ball running this year from your A.I. teammates is prob the best it’s been. I also feel like advanced instructions override a lot of player play styles. Like playing Juve they have swarm the box and pack it in so playing through the middle is really tough so hug the sideline can help spread things out but I’m really focusing on my players play styles.

For example, Bayern is my favorite team in the demo. With Bayern levendowski is advanced striker so I look for his runs off the defenders shoulder. Gnabry and Coman are prolific wingers so they stay by the touch line and don’t stray inside. Kimmick has the new full back finished trait so he under laps and comes inside instead of overlapping like Alaba does it’s his side. Mueller is dummy runner so he’s constantly make runs to pull defenders out of position and create space. Add the trait cards with the inspire feature and you really don’t need advanced instructions. When Thiago gets on the ball all of a sudden my A.I. teammates start making incisive runs and diagonal runs to pick out a pass. Because the pace is slower this year and you have more time to pick your head up and spot runs or let runs develop you get such a great feel for the individual play styles.

When play as Barca the last couple years I used to have to make Messi a SS or bring him inside on the formation screen or put on the false wingers adv instruction. But his natural play style is roaming winger so he’s natural going to come inside and look for the ball and Sergio Roberto will start bombing forward as an offensive fullback. I understand these play styles have been in the game last few years but I just think they work so much better this year and you see them in action better.

Anyway just felt like sharing :)

It's not just one example, it happens all the time hence why I said it feels like cheating. You can try it yourself - hit corners to the player positioned where I scored from. I've scored at least 10 goals this way, either cleanly going in or deflected.

100% agree. It has been the same in PES 2019, 2018-can't remember before that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom