eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10-15 generic stadiums is all we would need, would go a hell of a long way to authenticate a premier league ML
I know this would only apply to PC, but... I wish I was skilled at stadium making and importing, I'd just take all the generic ones from FIFA 14 (that's the game I know how to export stadiums from) and add them to PES. I'd be a really happy gamer if I could do that. :)
I wonder why no-one else has made it yet, it would be game changing (as not all teams have their stadiums in proper quality, those generic ones could be used for the purpose).

After playing some pes 5 and pes 2013,i have to say the AI is a lot more varied than pes 2019 and the new ones, it just feels more natural on superstar the way the ai makes a chance, and there s no long ball lobbed to the attacker and first time shot into right corner, it gets me really annoyed and cringed the way these ai score those goals over and over again...i dont wanna see that in pes 2020 plz konami

Wow, that looks pretty good! Are you using Corinthians too?
I'm loving South American teams in this demo, I usually switch between Sao Paulo and Corinthians (but I've come to prefer the latter) and play against other South American sides.
About Corinthians... I don't know exactly what it is, but Sornoza and Jadson playing together behind the striker are something beautiful to see and to control. I usually play a 4-5-1 with a CDM and two CAMs just to be able to play Sornoza and Jadson in their natural position.
They are awesome players to use.

Since the Fox engine PES has really shone when using mid tier players. The differences between them become so apparent, and games are really fun.

Can't remember who it was on this thread earlier who mentioned about switching the power gauge off but it's been really fun to experiment with. Also starting to get to grips with advanced through balls now as well - really makes you pick your moments to use it - and feels super rewarding when it comes off.
Good to see, It doesn't take more than 1 match to adjust but it really compliments the game with minimal HUD. I sound like Cantona but;

Don't look, feel.

(I'm aware you have to look at the screen to an extent but you get the sentiment)

Konami if you're reading, You can have that tagline for a future title on me :DD

I know this would only apply to PC, but... I wish I was skilled at stadium making and importing, I'd just take all the generic ones from FIFA 14 (that's the game I know how to export stadiums from) and add them to PES. I'd be a really happy gamer if I could do that. :)
I wonder why no-one else has made it yet, it would be game changing (as not all teams have their stadiums in proper quality, those generic ones could be used for the purpose).

It's all fine, but what would be the point of importing generic stadiums off FIFA 14 if you could import/export actual stadiums of all Premier League teams off FIFA 17/18 for instance? If you would have modding possibility then you could take way more of it rather than getting only generic stadiums off old FIFAs.

But I can absolutely agree with you guys - the number of generic stadiums on PES resembling the Premier League grounds is absolutely unacceptable and I personally cannot imagine to play 25/30 of 38 games at same dully, generic arena.

It's all fine, but what would be the point of importing generic stadiums off FIFA 14 if you could import/export actual stadiums of all Premier League teams off FIFA 17/18 for instance? If you would have modding possibility then you could take way more of it rather than getting only generic stadiums off old FIFAs.
You have a point when it comes to EPL, that's for sure. We have all the stadiums in FIFA, why should we use generic ones if all real ones could be exported and adapted for PES?
I wasn't talking about just EPL teams though, that's why I asked for more generic stadiums.
Stadiums that can be used in Ligue 1 and 2, Serie A and B, Liga NOS, Belgian and/or Danish leagues, to add some variation for teams that don't have their own one... Not all the teams that deserve a stadium have ever had one either in FIFA or in PES, and stadium variety in PES, when it comes to generic stadiums, is pretty limited.

Does anyone feel like the lower end of manual passing isnt sensitive enough. I mean why is the first 20% of the manual bar still going miles when I cross, I just wish I had more control over the lighter passes and crosses.

I can't believe i finally see someone else saying that! This has bothered me since PES 2019...it can be annoying as hell because if you rely on short passes to build up your game, the flow can often be destroyed because of that issue.

my solution: someone else already mentioned this, but using advanced throughballs is a perfect workaround for very short passes. However, if you already are on the ball and perform an advanced throughball, your player will take an extra touch almost everytime - Hence the best way to use it, in my opinion, is to use it only as a direct pass!

A good example for this (and sorry for posting my video again today, but it's good to showcase what i mean) is at the goal which starts around 01:55 - the last pass to tolisso was an advanced throughball which you can see by the circle moving over the pitch. This works with even shorter distances.

It's a bit weird to pull off these passes at first, but you'll get used to it in no time. Personally i can still pull off normal manual throughballs by holding :l2: pressed + :triangle:, but i barely need those since i do around 95% of all my manual passes with :x: anyways.

As I said, it's just a workaround...it's a bit sad that the manual controls itself aren't fleshed out enough to pull off these passes but well..,i'm just glad we still have manual controls in the game at all, since (according to adam bhatti in a podcast leading up to PES 2018) less than 1% of all players use it.

Thank you guys for all the responses. So it seems that a lot of you are going for the PES Universe file. I might try that out, then.

Just two quick questions regarding the PESUniverse file:
1. Is @klashman69 editing formation and tactics for the teams in this option file? I've manually implemented Klashman's formations and tactics for earlier versions of PES (think it was 14 and/or 15?) and it made a huge (positive) impact on the way the AI teams played.
2. Does the PESUniverse file get rid of duplicate players? Like @Chris Davies mentioned, this is also my pet peeve when starting my ML: I hate seeing duplicate players across Club and National teams. Ruins the experience for me and usually makes me restart the ML as soon as I can get an OF without duplicate players...

Thanks again!

For tactics included in the files is possible for V2, i think for V1 we will focus on the fundamentals with kits, names etc..

This is more up to me to release books just before or on release so you can have the option to do them manually at least, since I'm back on the PC this year i can work with everyone whos interested to find the best and quickest methods to share them.

In terms of Duplicate players i will ask regarding this as they start creating players for next weeks release, we should have the full Bundesliga master league ready for day 1. I've done about 40% of the Bundesliga kits this year btw :)

Been watching some ML streams of the full game on YT.
Worrying that Burnley still appear to play like Barca.

My biggest gripe for the last few years has been exactly that, every team plays the same.
Burnley play like Barca, Burton like Borussia Dortmund, there was no distinct feel to playing an EFL Championship game vs Aldershot, than there was playing a UCL semi final against Juventus

The whole point to ML is to start off with a poor team, build your way up via astute transfers, tactics and skill on the pitch to become a world class side, the allure was trudging through those early lower league games in order to be able to look forward to testing your skills against the biggest sides in the world, but all that has been null and void because every team plays identically to each other.

I think there needs to be some kind of factoring built in that takes team spirit (if that's still a thing) and team overall strength into consideration and the lower the team OVR and team spirit the higher the multiplier is applied for pass and shot error, and mistake probability.

Lower teams will not be as efficient with passing, or shooting and more prone to making errors leading to chances.
Better teams make less mistakes, keep their shape better and are more clinical, then with an overarching randomiser that applies an 'error probability' at random to all teams once every now and then, so you get the opportunity for even big teams and players to make the odd mistake, which they do.

my solution: someone else already mentioned this, but using advanced throughballs is a perfect workaround for very short passes. However, if you already are on the ball and perform an advanced throughball, your player will take an extra touch almost everytime - Hence the best way to use it, in my opinion, is to use it only as a direct pass
This part is very interesting.
I use Adv.Through Balls for a while now and I did notice that, especially in Pes20, it takes them a while to perform it. So Im usually using them when I have time and space.
However - few times I tried to use Adv.Though Ball as a first time pass and found them very light. Never really looked closer into this, I thought it was just accident. Must check are first time ATB's are indeed, weaker lay offs.

Also - when I started playing on manual I had same issue. Couldnt perform this last, small pass and couldnt open the defense up. Few people adviced to double tap :x: for this last, weak pass.
I never really tried that in a heart of battle (im terrible in learning new skills, keep forgetting it) and I got better with PA0 over time, but it might be something to try.

Come on then Day Oners...who you starting a Master League save with?

I have narrowed it down to four teams: Hull City in SkyBet Championship, Inter in Serie A, Spurs in Premier League or my team Aston Villa (also now in the Premier League.)

Part of me wants to start at a club with loads of issues (Hull) and build them into a strong team. But I don't know if I can handle the dodgy stadia again for 38+ matches.

My biggest gripe for the last few years has been exactly that, every team plays the same
I hope thats not the case this year, or at least not to this extent.
In Demo you can see the difference playing other teams, at least challenge-wise.

Thats why it was always so difficult to find the right balance in ML.
If you like challenge - you put it up to Legend. AI (if done right), is more creative, pressures more and you get a really tough matches. Problem is - all matches will be like that. Exhausting.
As much as it should in 2019 - It will never be perfect, unfortunately. Its up to us to find a middle ground depending how we like to play it.
Whether its gonna be fight for your life in every game, or will it be lower difficulty balanced with manual controls.
Im hoping that the difference between teams this year will be within players themselves and their Inspire traits.
So even if Burnley plays like Barca - they dont have players to Inspire and adjust their team mates to play certain way.

Superstar is the perfect difficulty for me. Top Player a little too easy when you build a good team. Legend is far too hard. Superstar is the sweet spot, for me anyway.

Mikhail,
I usually edit MK Dons over a team, as im from Milton Keynes, but this year decided to go down a new route, I've made up a fictional pub team, the Dog and Duck, created a club badge, kits, and a custom sports manufacturer and will be going down the route of trying to take a local boozer to the giddy heights of european royalty!

Come on then Day Oners...who you starting a Master League save with?

I have narrowed it down to four teams: Hull City in SkyBet Championship, Inter in Serie A, Spurs in Premier League or my team Aston Villa (also now in the Premier League.)

Part of me wants to start at a club with loads of issues (Hull) and build them into a strong team. But I don't know if I can handle the dodgy stadia again for 38+ matches.

Mikhail,
I usually edit MK Dons over a team, as im from Milton Keynes, but this year decided to go down a new route, I've made up a fictional pub team, the Dog and Duck, created a club badge, kits, and a custom sports manufacturer and will be going down the route of trying to take a local boozer to the giddy heights of european royalty!
Love it mate!

I have narrowed it down to four teams: Hull City in SkyBet Championship, Inter in Serie A, Spurs in Premier League or my team Aston Villa (also now in the Premier League.
I work a literal stones throw away from Villa Park - I can even see the ground out of the office windows right now! So if you want me to start hurling Master League advice towards them let me know...

My biggest gripe for the last few years has been exactly that, every team plays the same.
Burnley play like Barca, Burton like Borussia Dortmund, there was no distinct feel to playing an EFL Championship game vs Aldershot, than there was playing a UCL semi final against Juventus

this is why i am so puzzled Konami have been incredibly poor in handling tactics. I cannot describe to you the extent of how much Konami undersell their game tactically. I just know already we are going to see every team have 'Deep defensive line' again, half baked and at many times poorly organised tactics on release.

Although i must say, i find your view on how teams play a little outdated, the reason why is have you not noticed the barcelonaization of football over the last 10 years? Infact f you even check my tactics from last year you will see how similar a lot of teams lineups are. There are almost no artists and true visionaries anymore, Everything these days is play out from the back and high press. These days your seeing so many goals in which there is a massive error by a goalkeeper making a pass or a defender failing to play out from the back.

Many teams in this modern era are just soulless money making machines which farm mercenaries so the diversity we grew up with no longer really exists. This dosen't in any excuse Konami for not making a competent effort to set teams up to play well and in a style which fits them in real life. They actually give many teams contradictory tactics infact.

I work a literal stones throw away from Villa Park - I can even see the ground out of the office windows right now! So if you want me to start hurling Master League advice towards them let me know...
Haha!

I haven't been to Villa Park in years, I miss going to the game.

You always lived in Brum?

For tactics included in the files is possible for V2, i think for V1 we will focus on the fundamentals with kits, names etc..

This is more up to me to release books just before or on release so you can have the option to do them manually at least, since I'm back on the PC this year i can work with everyone whos interested to find the best and quickest methods to share them.

In terms of Duplicate players i will ask regarding this as they start creating players for next weeks release, we should have the full Bundesliga master league ready for day 1. I've done about 40% of the Bundesliga kits this year btw :)

Cool. So all player names will be correct, from the mightiest Brazilian to lowliest Moldovan?

The whole point to ML is to start off with a poor team, build your way up via astute transfers, tactics and skill on the pitch to become a world class side, the allure was trudging through those early lower league games in order to be able to look forward to testing your skills against the biggest sides in the world, but all that has been null and void because every team plays identically to each other.

I think there needs to be some kind of factoring built in that takes team spirit (if that's still a thing) and team overall strength into consideration and the lower the team OVR and team spirit the higher the multiplier is applied for pass and shot error, and mistake probability.

Lower teams will not be as efficient with passing, or shooting and more prone to making errors leading to chances.
Better teams make less mistakes, keep their shape better and are more clinical, then with an overarching randomiser that applies an 'error probability' at random to all teams once every now and then, so you get the opportunity for even big teams and players to make the odd mistake, which they do.

This is a big fear for me. The elite level teams in the demo is 'my' football. My football is scrappy, combative and often bloody ugly. This is what I want PES to replicate.

Hey all

So excited for the release, since playing the demo I just havent been able to touch 2019 again, I tried playing it again with a mate and it just felt so clunky in comparison, didnt touch it again after that.

Me & my friend LastNinjaCow have set up a new youtube channel where we are going to do a co-op Master League together, which should be interesting, as we'll be playing the games co-op and being managers of the team together, so
managing transfers and making decisions, I dont think the co-op thing has been done on youtube before for PES (may be wrong tho).

Will make a thread here nearer the time :D

Haha!

I haven't been to Villa Park in years, I miss going to the game.

You always lived in Brum?
Moved here 11 years ago for university, liked it so much I ended up staying! I went to a couple games last year, a few lads I work with are Villa fans and was always a really good atmosphere.

Is it me, or do goals just feel quite unsatisfying in the demo? They lack weight, somehow. Perhaps a noise would help (there's always microphones by the goals that capture the sound of the goal frame, right?)

Klash, just to reiterate, by comments I wasn't so much saying that Burnley play Like Barcelona in the sense that the play styles should be different, as you rightly said a lot of modern day teams play the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 variation and high press and play from the back.
But what I meant and what is missing from PES is that key players and their individuality and their influence over how the team plays is all identikit.

Regardless of whether Burnleys modern style is similar to Barcelona's, Burnley are NOT able to consistently play 100% accurate passes out of the back, launch high tempo counter attack after counter attack, have deadly clinical finishing, they do sometimes but often rely on a very aggressive physical style of play, this is not replicated within PES, or hasn't been for a number of years.

They don't come in with crunching tackles in midfield, and as there's been zero fouls in the game previously, this is nullified, they don't play target balls up to Ashley Barnes, and on the flip, Messi doe not dribble past players, Suarez largely does not hang off the last defenders shoulder, Bale doesn't race down wings at Real, Firmino doesn't drop into the hole repeatedly linking up play, real life playing styles are just not replicated in PES.

this is why i am so puzzled Konami have been incredibly poor in handling tactics. I cannot describe to you the extent of how much Konami undersell their game tactically. I just know already we are going to see every team have 'Deep defensive line' again, half baked and at many times poorly organised tactics on release.

Although i must say, i find your view on how teams play a little outdated, the reason why is have you not noticed the barcelonaization of football over the last 10 years? Infact f you even check my tactics from last year you will see how similar a lot of teams lineups are. There are almost no artists and true visionaries anymore, Everything these days is play out from the back and high press. These days your seeing so many goals in which there is a massive error by a goalkeeper making a pass or a defender failing to play out from the back.

Many teams in this modern era are just soulless money making machines which farm mercenaries so the diversity we grew up with no longer really exists. This dosen't in any excuse Konami for not making a competent effort to set teams up to play well and in a style which fits them in real life. They actually give many teams contradictory tactics infact.

I used to Play for Villa at U21 level. Villa Park is a nice compact stadium, keeps the noise in, like Anfield.

Moved here 11 years ago for university, liked it so much I ended up staying! I went to a couple games last year, a few lads I work with are Villa fans and was always a really good atmosphere.

Is it me, or do goals just feel quite unsatisfying in the demo? They lack weight, somehow. Perhaps a noise would help (there's always microphones by the goals that capture the sound of the goal frame, right?)
No it’s not just you. I think exactly the same thing when I score.

It’s desperate for some kind of noise of the net etc when we score.

I usually start a ML with lesser known teams (some examples from the past: AZ, Atalanta, Sochaux, Le Havre, , Lille, Valenciennes, Wolfsburg, Eintracht Frankfurt, Parma).

The last years i've played league mode, often with Argentinian teams. Last year the Jupiler League was in the game and i played with my favourite Belgian team KRC Genk (De Bruyne, Courtois, Origi, Carrasco, Trossard, Castagne, Defour, Kabasele, Coulibaly, Milenkovic-Savic, Bailey, Benteke and Ndidi all come from that team, imagine all those players staying...what a team that would be). I won the league with Genk and reached the final of the Euro League and was beaten by Marseille. They once again lost all their good players after winning the Jupiler League and will be extremely weak in the CL because they have to rebuild (that happens every time the season after they became champion).

In 2020 i will try ML again (but i'm afraid for the scripting) and i'm thinking of starting with an Italian team of with Leicester...

Spurs are my other favourite team, never played with them...

Sorry i just would like some clarification: Did you see burnley play like Barcelona or were you simply worrying about that and went to check out a stream because of that ?

About who I start Master League with...the beauty about PES for me personally is to create my custom team (including custom kits) and start at the bottom and - hopefully - end up at the top, however long this may take. Since PES 2017 i've only once won the Champions League on Manual + Superstar difficulty, which makes it kind of special. But since the AI wasn't great in PES 18 and PES 19, starting with weak teams wasn't a joy at all and i ended up playing bigger teams instead.

Judging the AI from the Demo though, this year could be a good year for starting at the bottom again...Already made my custom teams (including kits) and will place them mostly in lower leagues and play any of them...but just to make sure the grind is worth it this year, the second the clock strikes 00:00 on 10. of september i'll boot up a Master League with a decent Team like Ajax and play one season...if the gameplay and AI is still the same (or hopefully even improved) as the demo, i'll get going with the journey...both alone and with my best friend in coop...we play manual coop and it's so hard but so rewarding as well.

Anyways i uploaded some images of my custom kits...this may sound weird but i intentionally made some kits a bit "simple" or even "ugly" because the right to wear cool kits has to be earned! The "contenders" kit is a good example of a cooler shirt we'll be wearing in our coop master league once we get promoted to first league.

Attachments

• Oxford ORIGINS preview.jpg
    Oxford ORIGINS preview.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Oxford Retro Preview.jpg
    Oxford Retro Preview.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 28
  • PISA Candela Preview.png
    PISA Candela Preview.png
    892.3 KB · Views: 27
  • RJ CONTENDERS PREVIEW.png
    RJ CONTENDERS PREVIEW.png