eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think he's saying he saw that and it worries him.

Well it worries me now...but honestly, as long as not every match feels the same and difficulty varies somewhat between stronger and weaker clubs, i think i can live with "unrealistic playstyles" from certain teams every now and then.

Ok. Noob question:
- how do you trap the ball properly?
Im using R2+left stick for direction of trapping, but I read in few places it should be R2+right stick. And some claim its just R2.
Which one is it?

Soooo here we go! Can you hear the hype train approaching?
I can't, for the moment... I wonder if it can last at least this year. :D
It didn't.

I just pre-ordered it (and it's the third time in a row now). I've been more "torn" about it than the last two years, but after growing so fond of the demo I thought I would show them some support.

・Improved the responsiveness of Finesse Dribble controls when trapping the ball.

Haven't had any problems with this myself, what does this mean?

Minor adjustments = faster pace and assisted passing/shooting... (YES I'M A PESSIMIST! ;))

There you go.

They just couldn't let the chance pass by...
Konami could surprise us all and include patch notes for the first time ever. Only for those patch notes to read...

Gameplay changes

• Noted feedback from Twitter and game speed dramatically increased
  • Fouls decreased - we heard you load and clear, you don't want fouls! We've almost removed them entirely.
  • Passing at PA1 and PA0 too inaccurate so we've removed these options from the game. PA3 is now the default option.
  • Lack of authentic player faces for the Moldovan second division - we're with you, we're taking the game design team off improving gameplay and have put them onto faces as well. More faces every month.
  • More boots.
  • Less stadiums. To save on resource we've also removed the grass at some stadiums.
  • Feedback relating to snow causing a variety of gameplay, not favoured by MyClub players. Snow removed - partially because of global warming, partially because of feedback.

I dont know why people hate him so much seems like a nice guy
In the past he's been salty (veeeeery salty), ill-mannered and pretty shady towards the PC players (especially in the PES 2015-2017 era, when he had to make up explanations for the PC version of the game not being ported from PS4) and he's still paying for it.

I still believe he's been doing a good job as an intermediary between the fans and the devs (and he has a good "plus", he used to be a fan like us), but when you treat a not-so-small share of your customers in a very bad and rude way, you can't really expect love in return.

My 2 cents.

In the past he's been salty (veeeeery salty), ill-mannered and pretty shady towards the PC players (especially in the PES 2015-2017 era, when he had to make up explanations for the PC version of the game not being ported from PS4) and he's still paying for it.

I still believe he's been doing a good job as an intermediary between the fans and the devs (and he has a good "plus", he used to be a fan like us), but when you treat a not-so-small share of your customers in a very bad and rude way, you can't really expect love in return.

My 2 cents.
Can you expand on the PC bit?

Can you expand on the PC bit?
Well, the games from PES 2015 to PES 2017, on PC, were PS3 ports instead of PS4 ones.
Bhatti had the infamous job to tell that to the PC users, and to (arguably) explain them the reason for that/address their concerns.
Yet, if I recall correctly, he would just ignore people complaining about this thing, or reply in a salty way like "haven't you read it? Different versions. End of the story". He would also resort to blocking them altogether when they became too difficult to be reasoned with.

I don't deny that several users gave him a very, very bad time back in the day and that I would've probably snapped too had I been him.
I am also aware he had no guilt in the game not being up to par with the one released for PS4, but his stance wasn't professional at all.

Konami could surprise us all and include patch notes for the first time ever. Only for those patch notes to read...

Gameplay changes

Fouls decreased - we heard you load and clear, you don't want fouls! We've almost removed them entirely.
    Passing at PA1 and PA0 too inaccurate so we've removed these options from the game. PA3 is now the default option.
    Lack of authentic player faces for the Moldovan second division - we're with you, we're taking the game design team off improving gameplay and have put them onto faces as well. More faces every month.
    More boots.
    Less stadiums. To save on resource we've also removed the grass at some stadiums.
    Feedback relating to snow causing a variety of gameplay, not favoured by MyClub players. Snow removed - partially because of global warming, partially because of feedback.
No snow in Pes 2020?

LOL!
In every edition of PES going back the last few years this has been the case, there is no clear distinction between the abilities of lesser teams and players and better ones.

Playing in the EFL, and having Burton play fast one touch passing all around defense, laser guided slide tackles winning the ball cleanly every time, then launch a pinpoint 50 yard cross to the edge of the box for the CF to volley in a goal from 25 yards, not just occasionally but regularly across all types of EFL teams is evidence enough.

Similarly playing in a UCL semi against Barcelona, and Messi does not try to dribble round my players, or show any of his unique match winning abilities, just makes every team feel identical.

Sorry i just would like some clarification: Did you see burnley play like Barcelona or were you simply worrying about that and went to check out a stream because of that ?

No snow in Pes 2020?

They increased gamespeed? What the hell are they doing? A sort of Fifa 0.5?
The gamespeed was just right, realistic. I am affraid the patch is doing wrong instead of a update.

not favoured by MyClub players

This is Konami in 2019. They only listen to myclub players because of the money.

Passing at PA1 and PA0 too inaccurate so we've removed these options from the game. PA3 is now the default option

This is not true. Even with PA1 the passing was accurate. Sometimes i had 90% and with ping pong, arcadelike passing.
It seems like all the complainers of the demo who send their advises to Konami are fifa players or young people who want fast, arcade like gameplay. They want to score 8,9 goals in one match.
I am affraid this version of PES is not better than 2019.

They increased gamespeed? What the hell are they doing? A sort of Fifa 0.5?
The gamespeed was just right, realistic. I am affraid the patch is doing wrong instead of a update.

not favoured by MyClub players

This is Konami in 2019. They only listen to myclub players because of the money.

Passing at PA1 and PA0 too inaccurate so we've removed these options from the game. PA3 is now the default option

This is not true. Even with PA1 the passing was accurate. Sometimes i had 90% and with ping pong, arcadelike passing.
It seems like all the complainers of the demo who send their advises to Konami are fifa players or young people who want fast, arcade like gameplay. They want to score 8,9 goals in one match.
I am affraid this version of PES is not better than 2019.

Wow, your sarcasm-meter broke...
Read the last posts again please before taking everything as the truth.

I got some patch notes in my inbox:

- Removed all clubteams. Who cares about them.
- Master League is now only about National teams. So realistic transferbudgets because you can't transfer anyone.

So if there's no transfer update until Sep 12th, it's better to wait and install option file I guess?

Because I know if I install option file on release day, the transfer patch will mess everything up like when I put teams in alphabetical order etc (I think?).

Wow, your sarcasm-meter broke...
Read the last posts again please before taking everything as the truth.

I got some patch notes in my inbox:

- Removed all clubteams. Who cares about them.
- Master League is now only about National teams. So realistic transferbudgets because you can't transfer anyone.
:LOL:

Is it me, or do goals just feel quite unsatisfying in the demo? They lack weight, somehow. Perhaps a noise would help (there's always microphones by the goals that capture the sound of the goal frame, right?)
Quite a few people seem to feel the same as you.

I think the crowd losing their minds when you score, rather than a polite cheer for 2 seconds, would go a long way to making goals more rewarding.

Gameplay changes

Fouls decreased - we heard you load and clear, you don't want fouls! We've almost removed them entirely.
    Passing at PA1 and PA0 too inaccurate so we've removed these options from the game. PA3 is now the default option.
    Lack of authentic player faces for the Moldovan second division - we're with you, we're taking the game design team off improving gameplay and have put them onto faces as well. More faces every month.
    More boots.
    Less stadiums. To save on resource we've also removed the grass at some stadiums.
    Feedback relating to snow causing a variety of gameplay, not favoured by MyClub players. Snow removed - partially because of global warming, partially because of feedback.

Way off, man. Way off.
Next time, you'll be Banned for good.

:LMAO:

Is it me, or do goals just feel quite unsatisfying in the demo? They lack weight, somehow. Perhaps a noise would help (there's always microphones by the goals that capture the sound of the goal frame, right?)
Change the sound volumes of the crowd, commentator etc to be way less loud and keep the pitch sounds on max volume. Now you'll hear the kicking of the ball & the net when the ball hits it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom