eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is looking very good on the twitch stream. Lots of passing errors, Ball is super free. Lots of hustling for the ball.

The guy playing is awful though. He needs to drop to an easier difficulty and relearn. He's just trying to play like fifa and it makes him look like trash.
Do you have a link for that video

True. But as long as the majority of comments on official accounts will be: update xy's face ASAP !!!44!4!!4 (it doesnt matter that his new haircut is 2 days old and will change by the next game) I cant really see much improvement in this department until the new generation/engine :/
what about fifa not changing ivan rakitic haircut for 4 years now lol

Still find it strange that Konami doesn't advertise their licences better or at all.
Ended up on Konamis site via prs 19,nothing on them having Serie A.
The spinning logo during ML gameplay is still "eFootball"
Dont understand why they don't take more pride in their licences.
Same with Ligue 1/Domino's conforama league.
We're talking about the 4-5th best leagues in Europe,still nothing?
because in marketing they are not the best, no offence

I agree.
Well, sort off.

Because if we're going to prioritize elements of the game by how much time do we spend looking at them, then turfs/pitch/grass, should be absolute #1 priority. And they are S H I T this year.
There's room for everybody. Everyone of us gravitates towards different things. I don't care too much about faces or boots. But I do care a lot about color palette and turf. And it's such an immersion killer for me to see what they've done to the latter this year. But I can totally understand if you or someone else love them the way they are now and would prefer to have different scoreboards for different competitions instead.
i don t understand why they couldn t just keep the same turf as pes 2019, i m simply baffled

After a week break from PES 2020, i played 2-3 games.
The biggest issue that causes the most of the issues in PES 2020 is that KONAMI failed to coordinate the ball physics with players. This cause :
1. Player awareness issues (players are unaware of ball position and do no try to trap it)
2. Cursor change issues
3. Playes from the same team collide and run over each other
4. Player models are magnetized to the ball ruining fluidity and making animations look cheap

Serie B hasn't been announced as licensed, unless you know something we don't :WHISTLE:
Konami posted somewhere that serie B will be licensed in a future DLC. I assume only the league badge and the ball.?In the same spirit they consider SerieA "fully" licenced.

Konami posted somewhere that serie B will be licensed in a future DLC. I assume only the league badge and the ball.?In the same spirit they consider SerieA "fully" licenced.
The Asian PES account said something al9ng those lines but it was never confirmed by the main PES accounts. The kits definitely aren't licensed as of right now so they're going to need doing if Universe want to release a full file. Like I say, unless they know something that hasn't been officially announced.

After a week break from PES 2020, i played 2-3 games.
The biggest issue that causes the most of the issues in PES 2020 is that KONAMI failed to coordinate the ball physics with players. This cause :
1. Player awareness issues (players are unaware of ball position and do no try to trap it)
2. Cursor change issues
3. Playes from the same team collide and run over each other
4. Player models are magnetized to the ball ruining fluidity and making animations look cheap

1. I think player awareness is the best it has been - players now react to wayward passes
2. No issue with selecting players
3. Seen this occasionally but only on manual passing
4. I really dont have any issues the running fluidity, running with the ball is a dream at times

All down to personal opinion obviously , i am about 100 games in across all control set ups

Why is everyone crying about the early copies and updates? Who cares really? 4years ago we had no dlc and update until December or something.
I don't get it either.
The only reason people can habe for being upset by it is because they've not got the game yet where other people have.
Happens every year though in one place or another. There's a week to wait, it's not long to go. I'm hoping my copy turns up early and am definitely looking forward to playing it as soon as I can but if that means waiting then so be it.

1.02 before the game release? This is more KONAMI than KONAMI itself!
Fair play to them actually being prepared and getting and update up and ready (even though the wild copies get to benefit from this funnily enough) to avoid any potential day 1 disaster like in 2016. Show's they're very concious about the games reception in that regard.

Something i've always been meaning to ask and forget to bring up - Does the grass length actually affect anything in-game? I can't say i notice much of a difference.

Is it just a visual difference in replays or does it actually affect the ball?

Anyway had a game yesterday in the snow and that DID feel like a different experience. I loved the way the players slip and slide a little bit longer than usual and the way way the ball zips about, You just feel like you have a little less control over the ball speed and things become a little chaotic of the organized kind. I played 2019 in dry weather mostly so completely forgot about the effects weather has on gameplay.

Sorry if this is too OT, but just out of curiosity: What option file will you guys be running with?

Thank you guys for all the responses. So it seems that a lot of you are going for the PES Universe file. I might try that out, then.

Just two quick questions regarding the PESUniverse file:
1. Is @klashman69 editing formation and tactics for the teams in this option file? I've manually implemented Klashman's formations and tactics for earlier versions of PES (think it was 14 and/or 15?) and it made a huge (positive) impact on the way the AI teams played.
2. Does the PESUniverse file get rid of duplicate players? Like @Chris Davies mentioned, this is also my pet peeve when starting my ML: I hate seeing duplicate players across Club and National teams. Ruins the experience for me and usually makes me restart the ML as soon as I can get an OF without duplicate players...

Thanks again!

Something i've always been meaning to ask and forget to bring up - Does the grass length actually affect anything in-game? I can't say i notice much of a difference.
I heard it does and i heard that people have their preferences. I, however, never really investigated this. I never check what grass is there and dont really try to find differences.

Weather clearly has an impact, but its easier to focus on it, since we can see the changes. It also changes during the matches, so we have a comparison there and then - in the same match.

I like the way time of the match is included in the calendar and I like the pictures circulating on twitter, with different position of the sun depending on time played.
Immersion in ML is like Tesco - every little helps.

Another patch? I am anxious with every patch this year. Finger crossed it doesn't ruin anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom