eFootball (All Platforms)

They are assuming that this is what people want, because there is nothing else editable on the market since PES died.
And the companies assume that PES died coz it could not keep up the license war with EA, which is bollox.

PES died coz they were greedy and lazy and wanted to appeal to mobile market.

Instead of running away from edit mode - company like 2K should expand on it.
Even if they released only FIFA world cup game with just international teams and made a Creation Tool, where users could build stadiums from building blocks, create leagues, teams, kits, scoreboards, ads, everything... And then they could upload it and share with other people - before you know you would have a complete game with all the leagues.

And before someone says copyright issue - you can't copyright blocks, colours, letters, shapes, building blocks.

They would just have to make sure gameplay is spot on and Creation Center has all the tools. And people would look after the rest. Like in that Tennis Game, where you can share all your creations and people are adding competitions, courts, players.
The problem is sales even with edits. look at PES sales compared to Fifa. That is the power of licenses.

Even with all the edit tools a lot of people are not big fans of having to download features. There is also a reason why PES never offered downloads in game but went through USB sticks for consoles: licensing for football is very different than for other games and even if you offer downloading teams through a server it gets you very quickly in trouble with groups like the DFL.

So players most likely would have to go through having to download from a website. Which immediately diminishes your player base.

And that then gets to expectations from Take Two and their investors.

I honestly only see 2k going into the market if they can grab some licenses. Anything else would.just not be feasible for them. If they would make the sales of PES from the last few years that wouldn't be what investors and so on would be expecting from them going in the football market.

And yes you can say copyright issues if these are on servers you offer and real world stuff is created with them and then it depends where you are being sued. Just ask all the editing teams who in the past have gotten letters from DFL or game makers who had to take German teams with Fake names and players out of their games.

And that's the big difference to wrestling games, tennis games etc who offer these features, which is one of the reasons Konami never offered to download teams directly.

I would love to see a game with more options to create, I just feel it might not happen from someone like 2K

Last edited:
And yes you can say copyright issues if these are on servers you offer and real world stuff is created with them and then it depends where you are being sued. Just ask all the editing teams who in the past have gotten letters from DFL or game makers who had to take German teams with Fake names and players out of their games.
I'm not going to pretend that I know all the ins and outs of licensing in football games, so I'll take your word for it.

Game like this, with expanded edit mode would have to be more of an investment and it would only pay out after a while, once community took over and brought it up to a standard.
Hence I always thought that this sort of game would suit more some indie developer, who would just focus on the gameplay itself, leaving all the rest to be created/added by community.
2K will be expecting quick return profits. Altho having their brand well know and their place in sport games established as one of the best - Id have bet that they would've had fairly successful launch, as people would have been getting it even out of curiosity.

We are moving away from the topic a little bit here, but then again - as Islander rightly pointed out - not much to talk about here anyways...

They are assuming that this is what people want, because there is nothing else editable on the market since PES died.
And the companies assume that PES died coz it could not keep up the license war with EA, which is bollox.

PES died coz they were greedy and lazy and wanted to appeal to mobile market.

Instead of running away from edit mode - company like 2K should expand on it.
Even if they released only FIFA world cup game with just international teams and made a Creation Tool, where users could build stadiums from building blocks, create leagues, teams, kits, scoreboards, ads, everything... And then they could upload it and share with other people - before you know you would have a complete game with all the leagues.

And before someone says copyright issue - you can't copyright blocks, colours, letters, shapes, building blocks.

They would just have to make sure gameplay is spot on and Creation Center has all the tools. And people would look after the rest. Like in that Tennis Game, where you can share all your creations and people are adding competitions, courts, players.
Just to add to this 2k already does this with their WWE games they have a community creations where you can download wresters arenas championship belts and custom shows. The problem is that EA and 2K can never coexist in a space. EA drove 2K out of NFL and NHL games and 2K took basketball. I just wish this exclusive license nonsense would end.

Just to add to this 2k already does this with their WWE games they have a community creations where you can download wresters arenas championship belts and custom shows. The problem is that EA and 2K can never coexist in a space. EA drove 2K out of NFL and NHL games and 2K took basketball. I just wish this exclusive license nonsense would end.
Same stuff with 2k basketball,share settings/sliders/Jerseys/arenas
Ea is so far behind when it comes to this

Yes but they couldn't do it with Football Games in the same manner as they do it with WWE.

Like I said DFL in Germany in the past has sued/threatened multiple Modders of Fanpatches and even sued /threatened developers (I think Active Soccer got at least a letter from their lawyers also in the past).

In the Football space a lot of leagues are very protective of their licenses and are much harsher than Disney for example is if the Hulk can be downloaded through 2K servers.

That's why even though 2K does it in other games, I believe they couldn't do it in a football game, just from seeing how leagues reacted in the past. At least not through their own servers where people download from. Because that would make them responsible for hosting the content. Konami went smartly around it by never officially offering downloads in their game.

Basically football leagues are like Nintendo who takes down Fan made games that are free :D

Last edited:
It's just crazy that they really are.doing nothing. Like at least a tournament mode or something. With UFL coming you would expect them to up their game since that is the same target audience.

Weve all had a bad day at the office. Konami have had a bad 4 years. Back to the drawing board even an updated pes 2021 would be better than this abomination. Why spend 50 million on san siro taking it off eafc when all you can do is buy a few packs.

Weve all had a bad day at the office. Konami have had a bad 4 years. Back to the drawing board even an updated pes 2021 would be better than this abomination.
First they lied when they released the 2021 Season Update and they promised us the next-gen PES . Next they lied all of us that "they would like to release an update for PES 2021 for the new season, but due to contracts they can't do it", then they lied twice by releasing two dates for the introduction of Master League and Edit mode. These guys don't know what honor is, there's no point in getting into serious discussions about these rats.

Played last night for a bit and honestly, the game isn't bad at all compared to what we've had in the development of it in the last 3 years. If there were offline modes I had an interest in (ML, League, etc.) I'd definitely play the game more but it seems that's a bridge too far for the development team.

Played last night for a bit and honestly, the game isn't bad at all compared to what we've had in the development of it in the last 3 years
No it's really not. It's quite decent.
The AI is solid enough, ball awareness and referee decisions seem to be improved in compare to Pes21, it's actually a good football game.
But there's fuck all to do there.

Now here's the kicker - I was only thinking about it yesterday - If you're on console and you want to play footy game with anybody from your friends list - eFootball is all we have!!

Share play is turned off for all previous games, servers are shut down, EA has their FUT gameplay locked online, so you can't play your friends with custom sliders... All we really have is eFootball. The only game that somewhat resemble football...
How low have we fallen...??

No it's really not. It's quite decent.
The AI is solid enough, ball awareness and referee decisions seem to be improved in compare to Pes21, it's actually a good football game.
But there's fuck all to do there.

Now here's the kicker - I was only thinking about it yesterday - If you're on console and you want to play footy game with anybody from your friends list - eFootball is all we have!!

Share play is turned off for all previous games, servers are shut down, EA has their FUT gameplay locked online, so you can't play your friends with custom sliders... All we really have is eFootball. The only game that somewhat resemble football...
How low have we fallen...??
Yeh it’s sad, but saying that I am looking forward to the update in September.

I know it’s not a great topic, but I think the sooner we realise ML is never coming, my hope has shifted on what can make ‘myleague’ better. Its tough because basically transfer and player training are missing due to the way eFootball now works, but what else could they do to fill the ML void to make that mode what we need?

Yeh it’s sad, but saying that I am looking forward to the update in September.

I know it’s not a great topic, but I think the sooner we realise ML is never coming, my hope has shifted on what can make ‘myleague’ better. Its tough because basically transfer and player training are missing due to the way eFootball now works, but what else could they do to fill the ML void to make that mode what we need?

I just wish we could play with the real clubs saquads instead of being forced to play with your myclub team

I just wish we could play with the real clubs saquads instead of being forced to play with your myclub team
I do actually, you can purchase or loan players within the mode. I do fill in the missing ones with legends if needed.

I personally want edit mode, and potentially preseason and cup games. I know it’s tough to do because of the way eFootball works, but some kind of stamina impact so you have to rotate would be nice.

Do you agree with chatGPT? 😁

Certainly! Here’s the translation of the suggested improvements and shortcomings for "eFootball":

### **Gameplay Improvements**

1. **Realistic Animations and Physics**:
- **Enhanced Animations**: Adding more realistic and dynamic animations for player movements, shots, and interactions on the field.
- **Advanced Ball Physics**: More realistic ball behavior with different types of kicks and touches to increase game authenticity.

2. **Advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI)**:
- **Improved AI**: Enhancing the intelligence of opposing teams to better adapt to player strategies, creating more challenging and realistic matches.
- **Smarter Defense and Attack**: More effective defensive and attacking strategies, including better-coordinated player movements and opportunity creation.

3. **Variety and Customization**:
- **More Game Modes**: Expanding offline modes such as career, tournaments, and seasonal events to offer more options for single-player experiences.
- **Player Customization**: More advanced editor tools for customizing teams, players, and stadiums, allowing for greater personalization.

4. **Optimization and Stability**:
- **Bug Fixes**: Increasing game stability and fixing bugs that can affect the overall gameplay experience.
- **Reducing Lag**: Improving game performance to minimize lag and enhance loading speed and responsiveness.

### **Shortcomings and Solutions**

1. **Licensing**:
- **Acquiring Licenses**: Continuing efforts to obtain more official licenses for clubs and leagues, which would enhance game authenticity.
- **Customization Options**: Allowing the community to create and share content for missing licenses could help improve authenticity.

2. **Online Modes**:
- **Improving Server Infrastructure**: Reducing lag issues and increasing the reliability of online modes.
- **Content Variety**: Regularly adding new events, challenges, and tournaments in online modes to keep player interest and engagement high.

3. **Player Communication**:
- **Feedback**: Actively listening to player feedback and quickly implementing changes based on their suggestions and issues.
- **Transparency**: Increasing transparency regarding upcoming updates, development plans, and other important information.

By addressing these areas, "eFootball" could provide a better and more realistic football experience and better compete with other football games on the market.

Despite all the bugs, i still think UFL will grab a good portion of whatever the amount of online players efootball 2024 (soon just efootball) has currently and that would be it for the series.

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried EA's College Football 25 creation center thingy?
Supposedly you can upload your own logo/logos at least, which brings the game itself in a better position editing-wise over Madden, EA FC and NHL (and UFL) at least, at the moment. It is still behind NBA 2k in terms of importing/editing features, and far behind old WE/PES editing features and modding itself and even the old FIFA creation center. But, its one rare positive that i noticed happen recently, so maybe there is hope, even if that hope means a 2K football game.

edit: Yep, here it is, its not bad.

Despite all the bugs, i still think UFL will grab a good portion of whatever the amount of online players efootball 2024 (soon just efootball) has currently and that would be it for the series.

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried EA's College Football 25 creation center thingy?
Supposedly you can upload your own logo/logos at least, which brings the game itself in a better position editing-wise over Madden, EA FC and NHL (and UFL) at least, at the moment. It is still behind NBA 2k in terms of importing/editing features, and far behind old WE/PES editing features and modding itself and even the old FIFA creation center. But, its one rare positive that i noticed happen recently, so maybe there is hope, even if that hope means a 2K football game.

edit: Yep, here it is, its not bad.
2K said they can't make a football game without licenses. EA and 2K can't coexist in the same sport your best bet is whatever company FIFA choses to make their game. I have used the creation centre FIFA used to have it until fifa 13 but they got rid of it for some reason. 2K is still the best when it comes to edit mode in their games.

1*1LPBUmm5gjoDfet6AzMf1A.gif

How many of you still have any hope for Master League? For me removing years from the game officially kills all hope.

How many of you still have any hope for Master League? For me removing years from the game officially kills all hope.
Same here Kwiz, hopefully we are wrong and it still does happen, I can only play my league for so long as there’s no transfers, no retirement and seeing that Konami are resetting the my league points it still going to be around.

Back
Top Bottom