eFootball (All Platforms)

This is fucking hilarious. FM 25 will have the PL on top of the other licenses that they currently have but Coinami, a bigger publisher, can't even hold on to the licenses that they currently have. 🤣
The manager games have different license deals though, so Sports Interactive pay only a fraction of what EA are paying for their Premier League license.

Remember they told us UE5 will be in this game? 🤣
Actually KONAMI never said that. That was just claimed by some random people on the internet.

the licences never bothered me in PES because we could edit. the game play and the modes are what we are really missing.
the gameplay could be better but it's not as horrible as EA's piece of shit that I paid for in a moment of weakness.
honestly all I want is an edit mode, just let us edit logos faces and kits and I'd pay for it.

The manager games have different license deals though, so Sports Interactive pay only a fraction of what EA are paying for their Premier League license.

Actually KONAMI never said that. That was just claimed by some random people on the internet.
Mobile controller support? Crossplay between consoles and pc? Adaptive triggers for sprinting? Konami don't care there's no plan and there won't be a master league.

Seeing the hype American football fans are having over the College Football 25 game which has an in depth manager career and player career mode makes me sad. Why isn't there any publisher that's willing to do this for football why has every football game devolved into shitty card games. I guess the manager career in EAFC isn't too bad but that gameplay is a deal breaker. Can someone please make an offline centered football game with a fleshed out manager career.

the licences never bothered me in PES because we could edit. the game play and the modes are what we are really missing.
the gameplay could be better but it's not as horrible as EA's piece of shit that I paid for in a moment of weakness.
honestly all I want is an edit mode, just let us edit logos faces and kits and I'd pay for it.
Same. A simple offline league would be fine, I don't mind editing.

why has every football game devolved into shitty card games. I guess the manager career in EAFC isn't too bad but that gameplay is a deal breaker. Can someone please make an offline centered football game with a fleshed out manager career.

That baffles me also. Football is the world's most popular sport - the market for a good football game ought to be huge. Not sure why we only have two options more or less, both shitty on top of that. Fuck, if the licenses are too expensive just make the game modable/editable and let the community handle the rest.

Seeing the hype American football fans are having over the College Football 25 game which has an in depth manager career and player career mode makes me sad. Why isn't there any publisher that's willing to do this for football why has every football game devolved into shitty card games. I guess the manager career in EAFC isn't too bad but that gameplay is a deal breaker. Can someone please make an offline centered football game with a fleshed out manager career.
Because they make a gazillion dollars. There is no longer a need for any depth in single player modes. Offline is an extra these days, very few sports games bother with it. Maybe NBA 2K or MLB The Show, otherwise this is the same for every sport, really. Unless publishers find a way to monetize single player modes, they won't waste their time and money. The single reason why VC bother with offline modes for 2k is that they managed to monetize career progress with virtual coins. This isn't exclusive to sports games either, GTA V had canceled single player DLCs because of how successful GTA Online was. If the publisher for the biggest game in the world, which is historically a story-driven single player sandbox, won't bother releasing single player content for it, why would games that focus mostly on online content do it?

That baffles me also. Football is the world's most popular sport - the market for a good football game ought to be huge. Not sure why we only have two options more or less, both shitty on top of that. Fuck, if the licenses are too expensive just make the game modable/editable and let the community handle the rest.
It's not that hard to understand.
Imagine a conversation at board level at konami

"How much is the football gaming industry worth "

"About a billion dollars worth "

"How much does ea make 95% of the share "

" Why's that"

"They charge people to build.squads and play where as we have a good single play that generates nothing after purchase"

"Ok your fired , get me the guy that can make me.more money "

It's really no different to any other product that doesn't make as much money as it can potentially do. And what the minority want is completely irrelevant

A couple of things:

- College football is very popular here in America. Anything surrounding college football will automatically generate buzz and intrigue. There are a bunch of memes all over social media of where NCAA 25 have taken husbands away from their wives lol. Who knew a game would be better than pussy lmao.

- There hasn't been a NCAA football game for 10 years. Ppl have fond memories of the last NCAA game which was well received by fans. It'll be like if Ubisoft released a new Splinter Cell game that played as well or even better than Chaos Theory. Plus, Madden has taken a turn for the worst so Madden players have been waiting YEARS for a football game that plays so well. It's actually the first American football game that plays like an actual simulator.

- Another thing is EA has received tons of backlash over the years for turning the Madden franchise into shit which meant that when EA announced it was making a new NCAA football game, they had to get it right so hence the amount of years it took to develop the game. American football gaming community are a lot more passionate and vocal of Madden than some of the other sports gaming communities. If this game had flopped, it wouldn't bode well for Madden 25, which is scheduled to release next month.

Last edited:
IMO, as of now, the only company who can make a well rounded football game is EA but they choose not to. Coinami lack interest nor have the capability to make a football game like it did with PES. What they did to Kojima were one of many warning signs of the direction Coinami wanted to go.

Last edited:
It's not that hard to understand.
Imagine a conversation at board level at konami

"How much is the football gaming industry worth "

"About a billion dollars worth "

"How much does ea make 95% of the share "

" Why's that"

"They charge people to build.squads and play where as we have a good single play that generates nothing after purchase"

"Ok your fired , get me the guy that can make me.more money "

It's really no different to any other product that doesn't make as much money as it can potentially do. And what the minority want is completely irrelevant
Good to see a couple of OGs in here!

Agree with this but I will say, it’s feels like people are beginning to get sick of this model and the tide is turning a little. It’ll never go away but the market for gameplay and user focussed games appears to be returning.

Good to see a couple of OGs in here!

Agree with this but I will say, it’s feels like people are beginning to get sick of this model and the tide is turning a little. It’ll never go away but the market for gameplay and user focussed games appears to be returning.
Is the tide really turning? I see more not less of it tbh.

Is the tide really turning? I see more not less of it tbh.
Share holders won't let it turn , you're basically killing the sales. Only way to have two separate modes but that will depend on how much it costs to develop v how much additional income.ot brings

Share holders won't let it turn , you're basically killing the sales. Only way to have two separate modes but that will depend on how much it costs to develop v how much additional income.ot brings
There will come a point when the very thing making you money will start losing you sales. The overall sentiment for pay to win is becoming increasingly more negative/toxic, especially when it's at the expense of genuine progress in the games.

If they begin improving the games again, people will accept the pay to win. If another game comes in and makes a game people actually want to play, both can and will exist, and it'll be profitable.

The main issue is Konami have accepted their niche and EA have zero incentive to actually improve their games. Without any challengers the genre is cooked.

Their target audience doesn't understand play to win concept. My 9 year old doesn't get it (not that he pays) . It's the same concept as the physical euro football cards if I give him unlimited funds he'd keep spending until he found Ronaldo

I grew up playing all the games since ISS on the SNES, I was here before the internet was a thing, I dreamed of playing PES online against people from all over the world, finally got the opportunity to do that on PES6 on the PS2, I had no idea then how horrible the whole thing would become. Maybe im too old, don't have enough time, but im quite happy playing master league on PES2017.

PES2017 had issues but was actually a bloody decent effort.

Do miss the motion blur replays that entry sported. Hid a lot of the animation flaws.

For some stupid reason I still hold out a wee bit hope that a Master League that won't have the bells and whistles of EA's effort eventually drops, but a combination of that and a major gameplay patch/new version will take me back to those days in late 2016.

Said it before but on a surface level the game-flow to eFootball is actually pretty bloody good, v. Legend AI, if a wee bit fast overall. However, it is VERY flat in the final third. If there is one thing I will say about EA's entry, that I actually have been enjoying of late, is that the variety possible in actual finishes is to be be applauded; be it animation/how the player strikes the ball, or variance in ball physics when applying that final touch.

eFootball does a lot of cool things in overall match-flow, and it does remind me of classic PS2 games intensity, but it lacks the finesse and randomness of times past.

So I've done a vote. I ask my students of various classes (maybe about 200+ in total) who plays FC Mobile and who plays eFootball. If we say about 20 students average in a class, my question for FC Mobile gets about 3-4 hands raised. eFootball? Most classes, not a single hand is raised. I've maybe seen one or two hands overall. Age range for this unscientific research, 6-11 year olds in Indonesia

Watching the video of FC 25, I wondered when there will be any news about eFootball 2025. Although I'm sure I will be waiting for something different next year with 2K.

Watching the video of FC 25, I wondered when there will be any news about eFootball 2025. Although I'm sure I will be waiting for something different next year with 2K.
I really really hope so but I expect very little. I actually really enjoy the game but I can’t play more than a couple of games with the lack of modes/teams.

Back
Top Bottom