eFootball (All Platforms)

How in this world it's possible to call this product as "best soccer experience" ?

This is most accurate example of "anti-football".
Scripting is so agressive with every update:
- even if you are predict with 100% variativity situation on the field and put your players in the point to get ball - script do not allow to get a ball
- when you are 3 times in the row in "100% goal realisation position" hitting stable crossbars
- when script dissallow you to score in empty gates
- when you can leading 4-0 at 80 minute and then "hop", your players stop reacting to any your movements and rival win 5-4 (and you able nothing to do with that)
- when such players that can't to play and "know nothing about football" winning by doing weirdest things on the field again and again, and they "proud of this win!"
- when you literally can't to pass, can't to score, can't to control your players if script "show you the power!" (even with potw or iconic players or etc, don't matter)
- when iconic players are over-stable to double "100% effective tackles" in the row
- when you are whole match is fighting not with rival, but with controls and scripting
- when physics of ball - it's a "something fully-script-controlled thing" and it's obviously to see, nobody even trying to hide it now

P.S. Earlier iterations of eFootball have some "nice features and moments", that somehow can give pleasure from gameplay ... but it's ended such weird way.

Last edited:
How in this world it's possible to call this product as "best soccer experience" ?

This is most accurate example of "anti-football".
Scripting is so agressive with every update:
- even if you are predict with 100% variativity situation on the field and put your players in the point to get ball - script do not allow to get a ball
- when you are 3 times in the row in "100% goal realisation position" hitting stable crossbars
- when you can leading 4-0 at 80 minute and then "hop", your players stop reacting to any your movements ans rival win 5-4 (and you able nothing to do with that)
- when such players that can't to play and "know nothing about football" winning by doing weirdest things on the field again and again, and they "proud of this win!"
- when you literally can't to pass, can't to score, can't to control your players if script "show you the power!" (even with potw or iconic players or etc, don't matter)
- when you are whole match is fighting not with rival, but with controls and scripting
- when physics of ball - it's a "something fully-script-controlled thing" and it's obviously to see, nobody even trying to hide it now

P.S. Earlier iterations of eFootball have some "nice features and moments", that somehow can give pleasure from gameplay ... but it's ended such weird way.

People have been referring to offline play, that's how, I expect.

I wouldnt personally call it the best soccer experience though. Even offline it feels like a pretty hollow experience with so few teams and stadiums.

Last edited:
Good answer.. despite the lack of content, offline is the reason this game rocks!
Basics of gameplay are great, the "feeling" on the ball, dribbling, passing, shooting are great.
If anything needs improvement gameplay wise, for me, its defending. Needs to be easier and more responsive. Defending should always be easier than attacking, in particular dribbling. Pes 5 had this balance pretty spot on. With efootball24, superstar, the CPU can at times (many times) get through my defense like a hot fkn knife through dairy-free butter. Or I'm just too pressy and impatient with my defending...as well as the learning curve being high.

Online, for me, has always sucked! Lag, plus less responsive than offline=inferior gameplay!

Good answer.. despite the lack of content, offline is the reason this game rocks!
Basics of gameplay are great, the "feeling" on the ball, dribbling, passing, shooting are great.
If anything needs improvement gameplay wise, for me, its defending. Needs to be easier and more responsive. Defending should always be easier than attacking, in particular dribbling. Pes 5 had this balance pretty spot on. With efootball24, superstar, the CPU can at times (many times) get through my defense like a hot fkn knife through dairy-free butter. Or I'm just too pressy and impatient with my defending...as well as the learning curve being high.

Online, for me, has always sucked! Lag, plus less responsive than offline=inferior gameplay!
i agree, defending is and has been, a problem of the PES-Franchise as well (ah the good old days...) - at least for me.

i have been an impatient git myself, but through Fiffy 12 / 13 and the tactical defending, i've learnt the hard way during online Pro Club Sessions, when you control only your own Player (fixed), how to be more patient, the virtual Football Games all have become more of a game, where you use the Jockey (or whatever its called) and "shadow" your opponent, all the way to the toilet if necessary, and move in NOT to tackle so much, but more to intercept a deadly pass or block a dangerous shot.
i know it sounds way wrong, but thats how defending has been for me, since PES 2017 mostly.
Jockey-Intercept, makes defending leeengthy and tedious, but thats the way it worked for me, learning to be patient in the process... :BOP:

R.994306c9b4ccc064b4b9276c329e0520

Cant see the tackle but i guess the ref is just choosing the advantage rule and from that angle the attacking team has clear chance of scoring ( great goal too )

Tbf that ref logic has been applied for years look at this video from pes 2012 and i've these decision too in previous fox engine pes.

Messi never played as CF in the world cup.

Also, in 2015 and 2009.. he played as SS... PES set him in this positions in its previous games.. not as RWF.

Why they change something correct they did.. for " new cards " !

Have any of you guys noticed any changes in gameplay of late..?? I thought there supposed to be an update Nov 2, which obviously didnt occur, i think its postponed to the first week of Dec. Anyways, I havent played the game for about a week, and today I loaded the game up, got a live update (the player update thingo), and tried my typical superstar vs cpu in trial mode... weird... felt so damn smooth compared to how i remembered the game. By smooth i mean looser on the ball (more like efootball23), with more freedom/momentum. The only thing i can think thats changed, is the fact that my AMD driver was updated a few days ago. Is there any chance Konami can actually make slight changes in gameplay with out the .exe file being update???

Have any of you guys noticed any changes in gameplay of late..?? I thought there supposed to be an update Nov 2, which obviously didnt occur, i think its postponed to the first week of Dec. Anyways, I havent played the game for about a week, and today I loaded the game up, got a live update (the player update thingo), and tried my typical superstar vs cpu in trial mode... weird... felt so damn smooth compared to how i remembered the game. By smooth i mean looser on the ball (more like efootball23), with more freedom/momentum. The only thing i can think thats changed, is the fact that my AMD driver was updated a few days ago. Is there any chance Konami can actually make slight changes in gameplay with out the .exe file being update???
I have been consistently playing this game offline for over a year now and every week after the maintenance I swear the gameplay slightly changes 🙂. It's like cycles, and, yes, now it plays smoother, more freedom momentum etc.

So I'm playing today and tell myself somethings feeling different but can't put my finger on it or is it just my mind lol

I've given eFootball 2024 a shot after now bothering with it for a few months, and my opinion remains pretty much unchanged. It's really decent on the pitch, it's pretty much another FOX Engine PES installment, one of the better ones in fact... but off the pitch it's absolutely dreadful, unless you only play online and don't particularly care for the offline side of the package. I was pleasantly surprised with the new UI, the colors are a lot better than the eye sore we had in the previous version... but it still sucks, the logo and main font are still dreadful, having a bit of yellow and pink/purple splashed in places still looks off, they want a round look and yet still have a few sharp edges on some UI elements that look out of place... as someone that's into graphic design and UI, this one is still a huge downside of eFootball for me... but the main downside still remains, there's nothing to do if you want to play offline. I really do mean it, nothing at all.

HOW IS IT THAT I CAN'T PLAY A WORLD CUP IN A FOOTBALL VIDEO GAME?
I CAN PLAY A WORLD CUP IN PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING FROM THE LATE 80'S/EARLY 90'S ONWARDS.
EVERY WINNING ELEVEN AND EVEN EVERY INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER ALLOWED ME TO DO THIS JUST FINE!

I apologize for the little angry rant... but this is serious, I'm not even talking about Master League and Become a Legend, not even League, just a simple Cup mode, which has been standard since the NES/Master System days! I'm not even exaggerating... the closest we've had was a World Cup event, but you couldn't play cooperative, so that sucked for me and my dad, and there wasn't even a cup structure, not even groups, just something to simulate an actual group system, with a minimum points requirement... no top goal scorers or anything, nothing to make it feel like a competition was actually going on... they even messed that up. I mean, this is something they could add on a weekend, and yet they don't even after 2 years... are we, the exclusively offline players, that insignificant for Konami financially, that making an offline DLC on a weekend for cheap to sell us isn't even worth if for them anymore? Jeez...

I've given eFootball 2024 a shot after now bothering with it for a few months, and my opinion remains pretty much unchanged. It's really decent on the pitch, it's pretty much another FOX Engine PES installment, one of the better ones in fact... but off the pitch it's absolutely dreadful, unless you only play online and don't particularly care for the offline side of the package. I was pleasantly surprised with the new UI, the colors are a lot better than the eye sore we had in the previous version... but it still sucks, the logo and main font are still dreadful, having a bit of yellow and pink/purple splashed in places still looks off, they want a round look and yet still have a few sharp edges on some UI elements that look out of place... as someone that's into graphic design and UI, this one is still a huge downside of eFootball for me... but the main downside still remains, there's nothing to do if you want to play offline. I really do mean it, nothing at all.

I CAN PLAY A WORLD CUP IN PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING FROM THE LATE 80'S/EARLY 90'S ONWARDS.
EVERY WINNING ELEVEN AND EVEN EVERY INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER ALLOWED ME TO DO THIS JUST FINE!

I apologize for the little angry rant... but this is serious, I'm not even talking about Master League and Become a Legend, not even League, just a simple Cup mode, which has been standard since the NES/Master System days! I'm not even exaggerating... the closest we've had was a World Cup event, but you couldn't play cooperative, so that sucked for me and my dad, and there wasn't even a cup structure, not even groups, just something to simulate an actual group system, with a minimum points requirement... no top goal scorers or anything, nothing to make it feel like a competition was actually going on... they even messed that up. I mean, this is something they could add on a weekend, and yet they don't even after 2 years... are we, the exclusively offline players, that insignificant for Konami financially, that making an offline DLC on a weekend for cheap to sell us isn't even worth if for them anymore? Jeez...
They just do not care

Reactions: MKC

I feel ya...I'm not an online player but right now for me this game is additively frustrating
For all the pain Konami is putting us real PES fans through I can't seem to put this game down

Reactions: MKC
Not a single mode for offline players. Not even a tease. You know, like when your significant other gives you a whiff of her panties before you bang? Nada. Coinami can't tease cocks, but they sure know how to be a dickhead. They're pros at it.

This game is so dead and half the football season is already gone. Sam Bankman-Fried can spend 70 fucking years in prison, come out, and Coinami will still renege on offline modes.

Not a single mode for offline players. Not even a tease. You know, like when your significant other gives you a whiff of her panties before you bang? Nada. Coinami can't tease cocks, but they sure know how to be a dickhead. They're pros at it.

This game is so dead and half the football season is already gone. Sam Bankman-Fried can spend 70 fucking years in prison, come out, and Coinami will still renege on offline modes.
It really is a shame how they've apparently just... forgot? I mean, we get nothing, absolutely nothing. We all remember how they promised us offline modes as DLC, ML and BAL, an editor... I'm not just making this up or going crazy, right? We all remember that, right? Well... it's been 2 years. It's a lot of time to put it off, especially something that doesn't seem that complicated to add if they cared even a bit. It frustrates me even more that they've finally got this genuinely decent PES installment on the pitch, but I can't play anything on it, and I can't edit any of it. If they'd add a simple cup mode, and an editor similar to the last few ones they had... I'd be set, making my kits and playing cups is pretty much 90% of my PES experience, but I can't do any of it, because they don't care.

Football games in 2023 summed up right there.

[sarcasm] One important plus of eFootball is - you can see miracles do not waiting for a happening new year! [/sarcasm]

I mean, this really sums it up. I don't want to hate on this person, they worked for their money and can do what they want with it, especially if it's on something that makes them happy... but US$2175 on a video game? And the worst part is that, if you look into r/eFootball more deeply, there are sometimes threads for people to talk about how much they've spent on it since eFootball 2022 came out a couple of years back... and most haven't spent anything, but then for 5 or 10 players that haven't spent a single cent, there are a couple of players who've spent hundreds or, in this case, thousands. I think a few of these people have issues, and I don't mean that to offend them of be a judgemental prick, I mean that if you spend thousands on something like this, then you genuinely have a gambling addiction or something similar, and Konami not only doesn't care about people that are susceptible to this, but they're counting on it for their profits.

It's all on purpose, and the reason eFootball is the way it is now, why Winning Eleven/PES died. Just think about it, us offline players spend US$60 every year or maybe every couple of years... a single player that spends US$2175 for eFootball counts for over 35 offline players purchasing a disk or download, we do know most players don't spend that much, but it's common to see people spending a couple hundreds on this, again it counts for 3 or 4 offline players alone.

I have no doubt in my mind that, despite releasing a mobile video game on consoles, in an unfinished state, where it got rated for a while as the worst video game of all time on Steam, that took years to even feel somewhat finished, and that still lacks content and has no offline modes... Konami's definitely making more money from eFootball that they have made with Winning Eleven/PES, and it's not even close. Of course they don't care, why would they? It's working...

Whoever came up with loot boxes should probably be considered on the same level as Albert Einstein. How can you spend over 2,000 dollars on duplicate Messi cards that's more money than your whole console cost and it can buy you over 20 better games than this glorified demo. Hopefully this guy is trolling because that's really grim.

Back
Top Bottom