eFootball (All Platforms)

Well, it's pretty much what every PES has included in its history, so if anything, I don't think it's too much to ask. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sadly it is though. When you see guys admitting to spending about Ā£2,500 in buying a team over 2 years. So long as that kind of behaviour is going on, then selling us a ML or league n cup mode for Ā£30 or Ā£40 is not in their interests or plans.

Looks like weā€™re stuck with the current cash cow model and their ā€˜new crowdā€™ is paying dividends, quite literally too!

I think all us off-liners are shafted and living a hopeless dream for paid for downloadable contents.

I've read somewhere that even the offline league mode will be limited by only competing for one season and then after you complete it, the season will reset so your progress will be "lost"

That's fine by me.

The game would have been downloaded fo free and have entertained for 1000+ hours (if only on the pitch). The interface has started and basically been kept stripped down, given that it has two base modes authentic/dream team. No edit mode, most settings still yet to be unlocked, priority clearly given to online, card collecting multi-player. How do we suddenly expect the ideal offline experience to land right on our laps?

So Konami basically confirmed with their last ingame message that gameplay can be different between offline (vs ai events) and multiplayer.
Does this mean server handles gameplay logic? It seems so.
This would also confirm that they can silently update gameplay for multiplayer without any changes to the game client by updating / changing values on the servers.

It would certainly explain the different perceptions from players thinking gameplay has changed suddenly or even different perceptions of gameplay between server locations.
I don't get it. Where did they say that?

Apart from that, the servers don't handle the gameplay logic. Both clients do, and whenever there's a mismatch, the game is voided.

It's so depressing... Honestly I love PES 21 and all the mods but the one thing missing is the challenging & unpredictable AI attacking patterns that are genuinely difficult to defend...

eFootball is actually really good at that and playing the AI is refreshing and challenging, but there is diddly squat to do...

I now find myself in a horrible limbo spent:
- Constantly checking evoweb and twitter to see if anyone knows anything about master league
- Playing PES 2021 but never feeling truly satisfied with the way the AI plays, regardless of how satisfying it is to build attacks yourself
- Playing football manager for the tactical immersion but sorely missing the enjoyment of playing yourself

I just want football. I wish my expectations were lower like when I was younger and FIFA 14 seemed good...

It's so depressing... Honestly I love PES 21 and all the mods but the one thing missing is the challenging & unpredictable AI attacking patterns that are genuinely difficult to defend...

eFootball is actually really good at that and playing the AI is refreshing and challenging, but there is diddly squat to do...

I now find myself in a horrible limbo spent:
- Constantly checking evoweb and twitter to see if anyone knows anything about master league
- Playing PES 2021 but never feeling truly satisfied with the way the AI plays, regardless of how satisfying it is to build attacks yourself
- Playing football manager for the tactical immersion but sorely missing the enjoyment of playing yourself

I just want football. I wish my expectations were lower like when I was younger and FIFA 14 seemed good...

Yes, remembering what its like to play matches for longer than 10 minute games is where efootball right now lacks any depth.

I know especially diving back in love with PES 2021 that efootball is superior at its core, it does everything well PES 2021 struggles badly with. But efootball is shallow and primitive, with its true potential hidden dormant as the game lacks real grounded feeling of being on turf. Its fantasy football 24/7. PES 2021 on the other hand will always be a real football game you can sink your teeth into despite its dated tron like sprint mechanic and ridging collision/shielding system.

Financially efootball maybe a microtransactions success story but Konami's greed is reflecting in a very negative cloud among us in the PES WE or now so called efootball community who are bored of playing a demo for 2 years now! This includes people who have stopped efootball like me for now and those still enjoying and playing and paying the game everyday. Nobody is happy about the fact there is nothing to do bar play 10 minutes online on efootball. Not even the window lickers mumbling 'cry now, offline boring' for dopamine jizz can't hide the apathy and malaise with the game in its state. Konami are losing out on so many people who have no choice but to suffer with EA for the sake of at least having a cup mode, or league mode, let alone ML.

Konami are losing out on so many people who have no choice but to suffer with EA for the sake of at least having a cup mode, or league mode, let alone ML.
yeah it's kinda weird they haven't implemented something as basic as this even... If you look at the history of their own game, they've clearly managed to drag people across from those who mainly played offline modes to playing the online mode where real money is spent. It's common among PES players I know myself. We can all slate the MTX generation that laps up pay2win mechanics etc., but the fact is that MTX modes in football games definitely converted players who started off thinking of those modes as very cold and cynical. So why wouldn't they even implement basic offline modes as a means of funnelling even more people into the cash cow modes? Don't know.

Ea is killing it with their game. It just gets better and better. Konami needs to pick up the pace fast
Pace? They forgotten how to put on their fucking shoes. šŸ¤£ After the dreadful release of their MGS collection, Coinami are back to being the lolcow of the gaming community.

Chucklefucks at Coinami couldn't even be bothered to add anisotropic filtering for their biggest IP. Modders are forcing themselves to do their fucking jobs for them. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Not surprising. Look at eFootball right now. How the hell would they implement something like Euro 2024, when they can't even do a normal exhibition match properly
It depends - what do you mean with "they can't"? I think they just don't want to :D
Why should they even bother if everyone is paying for the shitty online mode (dream team)? :TD:

It depends - what do you mean with "they can't"? I think they just don't want to :D
Why should they even bother if everyone is paying for the shitty online mode (dream team)? :TD:
True, they make money and that's what they want. But companies should be wanting more and more always. They're against FC 24, which has everything. It has career mode (2 versions, in fact), it has Pro Clubs (basically what become a legend was, but online), even exhibition matches. And let's not forget Dream Team's biggest rival, FUT. Surely, if you have more of a complete game with more stuff to do, more people will play it and more money they will get.

I wont even begin with UFL and Goals which will eat a little more of the money pie.

Just a short parenthesis.

(take a look at this thread: https://evoweb.uk/threads/what-game...-mods-and-combos-thread-renewal.88633/page-47

All the gameplay combinations have made PES 2021 one of my go-to editions, there are literally hundreds of combinations posted by users that IMO, breathe new life to the game. And that's not even mentioning all the great retro editions. Basically, looking back is looking forward for me. 15+ PES games to keep playing for a long, long time.

This is my personal combo ATM: https://evoweb.uk/threads/what-game...bos-thread-renewal.88633/page-46#post-3998044 :TU:)

ok, you guys can get back on efootball topic. :LOL:

Last edited:
After UFL was exactly as bad as I feared It thought let's take another look at the current Free2Play game and played the USL Championship Event against the AI.

It really is fun to play against the AI and I had some nice nail-biting matches.

Which really makes you wonder why Konami doesn't at least release a league and tournament DLC.

Honestly if priced right I would buy it at the moment to play some of the leagues for fun.

Which really makes you wonder why Konami doesn't at least release a league and tournament DLC.

Honestly if priced right I would buy it at the moment to play some of the leagues for fun.
I feel the same way, it's just stupid how I can play a league and/or a cup all the way back to the PS1 days, even ISS on SNES/Genesis... cup to me is THE mode I think about since football video games' inception, from the start the genre was all about making it to the WC final and winning it with your national team, or one you just happened to like. The idea that I can't play a single season of a league, without transfers or anything, or a short cup, with competition licenses they have, club licenses they have... it baffles me. I suppose offline really is just insignificant compared to online in terms of profit, why would they bother taking time to release an offline mode to make some DLC money if they can just release a new shiny pack for people to spend hundreds on in hopes of getting a legendary player they loved? Konami literally runs cassinos, and they're doing well... sadly they do know what they're doing, it's on purpose...

After UFL was exactly as bad as I feared It thought let's take another look at the current Free2Play game and played the USL Championship Event against the AI.

It really is fun to play against the AI and I had some nice nail-biting matches.

What difficulty did you play?

So pleased to see sovereign hope amongst the replies!

I have a not-so-dissimilar experience playing the USL event, where I lost in 2nd half stoppage time after a twice contested ball second ball, which was lofted into my penalty box, ultimately ended up a looping header over the goalie, cushioned on the sidenetting. Epic development where I could not forsee the tenacity of the A.I. winning another duel as the more likely of events. Unfortunately, the tame revolution on the ball even kicking up the turf wouldn't be yet on par with the like I might expect on EA FC even nowadays.

First of all, I have no clue about esports, the players and the industry behind. Just because I don't give a fuck about it.
But it's fun to read that a three times world champion says:

"I think Konami is disappointed with the efforts of some clubs." They had not advertised the competition prominently enough.

"There needs to be enough of an audience to remain attractive, and that also requires regular communication on the clubs' main networks," speculates 'Usmakabyle', who also holds the professionals responsible: "The blame lies with everyone, including some players who sometimes agree to play for free or for ridiculous sums." This has made it possible for "big clubs" to "get away with everything".
I mean what should the clubs promote? A fucking lifeless demo with absolutely no progress in three years?

Regarding Upcoming v3.2.0 Update

Introducing Co-op PvP Event

Co-op will be added to Events.
You can casually participate on your own, or team up with friends to play against other teams.

Renew Contracts with GP

In addition to the existing Contract Renewal (60 Days) and Contract Renewal (10 Days), users will be able to renew player contracts using GP.

Changes to the Number of Unskippable Goal Celebrations

In online matches, the number of times a user can perform an unskippable goal celebration will be limited to once per match.

More information will be provided at the timing of the update.

Moving forward, we will continue to operate the game with reference to users' opinions and play data provided through surveys and other means.
We hope you continue enjoying eFootballā„¢ 2024!
https://www.konami.com/efootball/en/topic/news/1540

all we want is ML or a league or cup mode, it will never happen
Why is there no company who try to buy the PES licence?
I aways think the same thing...If I was multimillionaire I would buy it and make the best football game ever and take away everything from EA because eFootball has a great foundation and it's just to build on it...OK time to wake up LOL

Back
Top Bottom