eFootball (All Platforms)

Im still baffled about this aspect of pes in general, at least the new ones, and even FL 24 with all the positives, is the inexistent player ID, i wish we could have the player ID of the old pes 4 5 6, where it was brilliant to control ronaldo? Roberto carlos, adriano....all those, it really felt different playing with those players, in PES 21 u never feel that distinctiveness btw the fast players or the more agile....that s a real shame

Im still baffled about this aspect of pes in general, at least the new ones, and even FL 24 with all the positives, is the inexistent player ID, i wish we could have the player ID of the old pes 4 5 6, where it was brilliant to control ronaldo? Roberto carlos, adriano....all those, it really felt different playing with those players, in PES 21 u never feel that distinctiveness btw the fast players or the more agile....that s a real shame
Pardon me, but I think you are exaggerating. Player ID in PES 4, 5, 6? It was just higher stats.
In efootball stats do matter. Try to dribble in small circles with Messi and with a lower rating CB. Also try to sprint, shoot etc. There is a gap.
And ofc this is not what Player ID is (which I never really felt in any PES).
For me Player ID is a gimmick I could live without, as long as stats difference is prominent and obvous during the match. (thankfully they are, maybe better than any other modern PES title)

Pardon me, but I think you are exaggerating. Player ID in PES 4, 5, 6? It was just higher stats.
In efootball stats do matter. Try to dribble in small circles with Messi and with a lower rating CB. Also try to sprint, shoot etc. There is a gap.
And ofc this is not what Player ID is (which I never really felt in any PES).
For me Player ID is a gimmick I could live without, as long as stats difference is prominent and obvous during the match. (thankfully they are, maybe better than any other modern PES title)

I completely agree with this. All that feeling we had in the old versions, where we felt the players were close to the real ones, is purely down to the statistics. Apart from statistics, one element that can provide even more reinforcement to what we call player ID is certain animations for the top players that define aspects of their movements (e.g., Ronaldo's running style, the way they take free-kicks and penalties, etc.). PES did this well from '11 to '13, and nowdays fifa in some players.

I tried the J-league challenge online. Lost every game with my pa3 settings. I feel they made pa3 more automated. The passes goes anywhere even if i really try to aim .
I decided to try some pa4 games and now i won 2/3 games. I only manage to get around 50% of the passes to the right adress. But damn it feels nice when i hit a thrueball into empty space for the wingers.
This i must try more .even if it means more losses

I completely agree with this. All that feeling we had in the old versions, where we felt the players were close to the real ones, is purely down to the statistics. Apart from statistics, one element that can provide even more reinforcement to what we call player ID is certain animations for the top players that define aspects of their movements (e.g., Ronaldo's running style, the way they take free-kicks and penalties, etc.). PES did this well from '11 to '13, and nowdays fifa in some players.

What about Zidane? Figo? Henry? Raul? Beckham? Ronaldo? Vieira? Pires? These players and more all had their own running and kicking styles didnt they? That was in pes 3 onwards.

Totti had player id in pes 2, I'm sure of it...

What about Zidane? Figo? Henry? Raul? Beckham? Ronaldo? Vieira? Pires? These players and more all had their own running and kicking styles didnt they? That was in pes 3 onwards.

Totti had player id in pes 2, I'm sure of it...
Νο, Pes 3, 4,5, 6 had seven (if my memory still serves me well) different running styles and free kicks styles (maybe based on some superstars).
I can remember it from the edit mode (spent tons of hours)
But these styles was distributed to many players on the database, so no, I can't say its a Player ID if 20 players have the same running style.
The first time I felt something close to player ID was in FIFA 15 Pc when I was controlling Messi.

Νο, Pes 3, 4,5, 6 had seven (if my memory still serves me well) different running styles and free kicks styles (maybe based on some superstars).
I can remember it from the edit mode (spent tons of hours)
But these styles was distributed to many players on the database, so no, I can't say its a Player ID if 20 players have the same running style.
The first time I felt something close to player ID was in FIFA 15 Pc when I was controlling Messi.

Spent plenty time in the edit mode too. I literally created the arsenal team from scratch because I wanted them to have the new kit when I went back to pes 5 after playing a few months of pes 6

Between running styles, body shape, and other elements, there was a definite sense of player id beyond stats. As I recall, the game was famed for it.

Perhaps we have different thresholds for what amounts to player id though.

Pes 15 on ps3 had pretty great visual player id but almost no stat-based player id for instance.

Pes 2010 ps2 had great visual and stat player ID, especially for Arsenal.

That is one of the lost ps2 games though.

Hi anyone know how to fix the laggy/)uderry of this game. I have it on high graphics with a powerful computer but it is unplayable and Jude try? Works fine with pes 21. Any help would be appreciated

I have to completely disagree with this. I think it's what this years does really well. Dribbling, passing, first touches, strength and tackling are all very well represented across different players. Not only in the outcomes of those things but the little animations better players have too.

It becomes even more apparent in dream team when you train players up. The thing with the old PES games is the stats were on steroids. so adriano's power was crazy exaggerated vs someone else. These days the differences are more subtle for sure but you can definitely feel it in the players.

My personal issue with eFootball its not dribbling, turning, running speed. I know that theres differences from a player to another. My problem with this game its the long ball accuracy. Almost every player can deliver a 30 meter L1+triangle with ease. You can cross from a wing to another with any player. Pass accuracy must be decreased a lot so users cant bypass the midfield. The game must force you to play safe. Play short passes. Its a football fundamental.
Im playing FL and most of times Ive tried to make a first time pass with any CF, it ends up in a misplaced pass, and its cool like that!

Sorry for the bad english, its been a while I dont write in english.

Last edited:
This game loses everything it does good when it comes to online. Every game i've had has been horrible. So so sluggish and so much input delay. It's a mess.

What KONAMI achieved, which I wasn't expect to be honest, is the -close to perfect- dribbling.
The balance between responsiveness, inertia/momentum feeling and footplanting is spot on, maybe the best ever in KONAMI series (the second was PES 2018 as I mentioned in a previous post)
You can dribble with an agile player and if you master the R2 functionality, you can pass by defenders without using the trick stick.

What KONAMI achieved, which I wasn't expect to be honest, is the -close to perfect- dribbling.
The balance between responsiveness, inertia/momentum feeling and footplanting is spot on, maybe the best ever in KONAMI series (the second was PES 2018 as I mentioned in a previous post)
You can dribble with an agile player and if you master the R2 functionality, you can pass by defenders without using the trick stick.

Yes, weaving through players is fantastic isnt it?
I find just turning at the right time without pessing r2 at all works very well to evade pressure too.

Hi anyone know how to fix the laggy/)uderry of this game. I have it on high graphics with a powerful computer but it is unplayable and Jude try? Works fine with pes 21. Any help would be appreciated

Cant help, but my game has become juddery too on pc. To the point I havent touched it since late last week.

What helped a little was reducing the resolution % setting in DISPLAY in the settings mode.

My personal issue with eFootball its not dribbling, turning, running speed. I know that theres differences from a player to another. My problem with this game its the long ball accuracy. Almost every player can deliver a 30 meter L1+triangle with ease. You can cross from a wing to another with any player. Pass accuracy must be decreased a lot so users cant bypass the midfield. The game must force you to play safe. Play short passes. Its a football fundamental.
Im playing FL and most of times Ive tried to make a first time pass with any CF, it ends up in a misplaced pass, and its cool like that!

Sorry for the bad english, its been a while I dont write in english.
fl 24?

Cant help, but my game has become juddery too on pc. To the point I havent touched it since late last week.

What helped a little was reducing the resolution % setting in DISPLAY in the settings mode.
I’ve tried everything 😩 it’s offline too? It’s just constantly juddery and unplayable. So gutted as I want to play it. Not a problem with my specs so I will have to uninstall I think.

How does the servers/online connection work in this game, is it just region specific or does it go country by country?
(Im swedish is there any servers for scandinavia or just west/east europe etc)
Can you see the latency when connecting to a game?

Honestly i do not understand how it's possible to choose between two evils.
How to play when game script can literally disallow you to score during whole match.

Both current products have nothing with real soccer. Freak-show, Mutant-show, Circus with clowns - whatever call it.
I think KONAMI can try to get Nobel for inventing new physics and system that "masking full-scripted events on field as a something looking similar football".

Last edited:
@35sec mark, is it me (most likely), or has the ball contact with ground improved ever so slightly...as well as the net physics. New trailer from Mexico

Any one know how to make the game work ok with NVIDIA graphics cards? I have a NVIDIA gtx 2070 but game just stutters constantly even offline. Horrendous

Any one know how to make the game work ok with NVIDIA graphics cards? I have a NVIDIA gtx 2070 but game just stutters constantly even offline. Horrendous

Similar issues. Delay and stutter, then sudden acceleration.

I'm on rtx 2070, if that's a thing?

No real solution atm except read Bleak House instead.

Back
Top Bottom