eFootball (All Platforms)

AI must be the best AI ever existed in a football game
I wouldn't go that far.
As much as I agree that AI is very very solid - I really miss proper player ID.
I remember in old PES games when I saw Zidane warming up, or Roberto Carlos - I knew I was in trouble. I was manually setting up man marking on them and every time they had a ball - they were a threat.
I didn't feel this sort of Player ID for many years now. Last time I felt some traces of it was Pes2018. eFootball definitely lacks proper player ID to make me afraid of certain players.

I wouldn't go that far.
I remember in old PES games when I saw Zidane warming up, or Roberto Carlos - I knew I was in trouble. I was manually setting up man marking on them and every time they had a ball - they were a threat.
I didn't feel this sort of Player ID for many years now. Last time I felt some traces of it was Pes2018. eFootball definitely lacks proper player ID to make me afraid of certain players.

I feel player ID is better than in any previous title. When Mbappe on legendary AI has the ball on the wing, I stand back, contain, and wait for the 2nd man so we can attack in cohesion. He will just sprint past you like in real life, if you press mindlessly. Also the curled through ball passes legendary AI De Bruyne will pull off are insane.

I wouldn't go that far.
Dribblers/speedsters like mbappe and rafael leao are definitely dangerous before the complaint. Especially leao he is unstoppable i had to double mark him to keep him quiet. Now they still dribble but less effective/less op. Konami have toned down the AI for better or worse

I wouldn't go that far.
As mentioned, star players are prominent (AI) . You can feel the stats of them (speed acceleration, agility, shooting) and I have seen mbappe and othter tricksters to pull tricks often. For me that's quite enough as an ID. Other than that, let's focus on the big picture. Do you remember any other football game with such variable and "clever"/human-like AI? I don't.
Pes AI until efootball was a linear passing game, almost zero dribbling with the ball, contstantly pushing forward. I can't remember AI in previous PES to exchange passes in their box to spend time if they're winning, or giving passes backwards, or trying screamers many meters outside of the box, and so on.
It's not perfect, but surely a huge step forward.

I hope next year, due to evolution in AI in everything, we will see much better AI, even in FIFA.
Maybe AI will not be a code in a cpk file, but running via KONAMI's servers.

It's generally refreshing that the AI does dribblings again, which was totally absent in PES 20/21. (And 19? Can't remember tbh.)
I played this brazilian club challenge last week and one of the AI teams striker fooled me in my box with a simple body faint to score a last minute winner. Never seen that before.

It's so frustrating to know that Konami could be able to deliver a decent offline footy game. They just don't want to.

Most of you just mentioned speed and dribbling. I was talking more about playing like their real life counterparts.
That's how it felt back then. Good defenders were so difficult to go by, midfielders were opening my defence with great deliveries - we had to think about much more than just fast and agile players.
But hey - looking at all the football games in recent years it really is nothing.
Fact is that so far I haven't really noticed any AI patterns. They play smart and varied football and keep surprising me, so I'm very happy

I play on PC with high graphics mod, and 120 fps.
Yes there is some ice skating, and some inconsistencies here and there for sure. But which football game did not have these issues? As i said, it's not perfect but the best choice, regarding gameplay.
Then it might be the case that the platform plays a role in the playability of this game. Or maybe I just have to figure out first how to execute supercancel in eFootball.

Yet, as much as I want to give this monstrosity a fair chance and want to be optimistic about the future, due to my current experience and the whole context of Konami as a company and where it stands, I cannot shake the thought that people are just craving a good game of footy so much, that they are willing to love anything that shows any form of potential whatsoever in order to form that cozy bubble of excitement, hope, and community around it.

Or as we the Dutch would say "Honger maakt rauwe bonen zoet", meaning something along the lines of "a hungry stomach is easily pleased". And while that would be fully understandable, I believe this community to be too critical for such a thing, generally speaking. So there must be something I am missing and it could well be a high-end PC and/or the ability to perform supercancel.

So, this begs the question; how to perform supercancel and does anyone rate this game on a PS4 pro?

There is definitely something addictive about playing the AI at the minute. There is a nice blend of challenge and excitement. I’m playing FUMA on Top Player and if I’m honest I’m losing most of the games narrowly. It took me ages to clear the recent Brazilian event but I kept wanting to play it.

I’ve just moved on to the National Team event and just got hammered 3-0 by Italy. Verratti was a joy to watch 😂. He was so clever and spread a lovely mix of balls around the pitch.

“a hungry stomach is easily pleased” ☝️. Love that phrase. Possibly some truth in that. But there is still something addictive about the game right now. I’m losing and still enjoying it. I’m not really playing for the rewards either as there just isn’t really anything that you need after a while.

edit - I’m favouring the Series X over the PS5 at the minute. Possibly because I have Hulk in my Xbox account and it is fun to try and set him up for FUMA screamers 😂. Plus my TV claims the Series X runs at 120fps.

Then it might be the case that the platform plays a role in the playability of this game. Or maybe I just have to figure out first how to execute supercancel in eFootball.

Yet, as much as I want to give this monstrosity a fair chance and want to be optimistic about the future, due to my current experience and the whole context of Konami as a company and where it stands, I cannot shake the thought that people are just craving a good game of footy so much, that they are willing to love anything that shows any form of potential whatsoever in order to form that cozy bubble of excitement, hope, and community around it.

Or as we the Dutch would say "Honger maakt rauwe bonen zoet", meaning something along the lines of "a hungry stomach is easily pleased". And while that would be fully understandable, I believe this community to be too critical for such a thing, generally speaking. So there must be something I am missing and it could well be a high-end PC and/or the ability to perform supercancel.

So, this begs the question; how to perform supercancel and does anyone rate this game on a PS4 pro?
Yeah your empty stomach analogy is accurate. People are praising any small positive and playing these new games, when older PES games will give them a more positive experience and do everything EF24 does, but better.

Super cancel = r1 and r2 together I believe. I play on PS4 and it was good before the latest patch, except shooting and passing on rails and too straight, but I haven't played with the latest patch.

Try these:
1.pass assistance 3
2.find the stadium that you like the look of other than efootball stadium as it make the game looks like mobile game. I suggest nuevo triunfo at night.
3.try to play with jleague team vissel kobe vs yokohama marinos.
4.stadium camera or broadcast.
5.or play offline event afc champions league in authentic mode with top player difficulty

Super cancel is hold R1+R2

Last edited:

I think this is true to an extent, but i also think people forget a lot of the issues in the classic games. Every football game that's ever been released has had its fair share of issues but the best ones were outweighed by the fun. I remember getting so frustrated with a lot of my favourite PES games but the enjoyment allowed me to overlook them.

With eFootball 24, do i think it could be a lot better and should it be more complete than it is? absolutely. Am i enjoying every game I play of it? yes. Would i enjoy it as much if there was a better offering? I think that's the same with every game on the planet, so it's nto worth thinking about. Ultimately I think this game is very fun, rewarding and most important for me (and has always been with football games) outcomes happen exactly as I planned or visualised. The game allows me both the freedom and control to create goals in the way i want which is always what i want from a football game.

Last edited:
I think this is true to an extent, but i also think people forget a lot of the issues in the classic games. Every football game that's ever been released has had its fair share of issues but the best ones were outweighed by the fun. I remember getting so frustrated with a lot of my favourite PES games but the enjoyment allowed me to overlook them.

With eFootball 24, do i think it could be a lot better and should it be more complete than it is? absolutely. Am i enjoying every game I play of it? yes. Would i enjoy it as much if there was a better offering? I think that's the same with every game on the planet, so it's nto worth thinking about. Ultimately I think this game is very fun, rewarding and most important for me (and has always been with football games) outcomes happen exactly as I planned or visualised. The game allows me both the freedom and control to create goals in the way i want which is always what i want from a football game.
Exactly my thoughts.
Not perfect, but modern, responsive, variable and let me explore my creativity in scoring due to its freedom.
:BEER:

Try these:
1.pass assistance 3
2.find the stadium that you like the look of other than efootball stadium as it make the game looks like mobile game. I suggest nuevo triunfo at night.
3.try to play with jleague team vissel kobe vs yokohama marinos.
4.stadium camera or broadcast.
5.or play offline event afc champions league in authentic mode with top player difficulty

Super cancel is hold R1+R2
Thank you, I will give the Vissel Kobe vs Marinos matchup a try. Playing Top Player at the moment with PA4. I should have mentioned that I of course did try the default R1 + R2 combo but to no effect it seems. Maybe I did something with my controls to mess it up.

But the question remains... do you play on PS4 (pro)?

Thank you, I will give the Vissel Kobe vs Marinos matchup a try. Playing Top Player at the moment with PA4. I should have mentioned that I of course did try the default R1 + R2 combo but to no effect it seems. Maybe I did something with my controls to mess it up.

But the question remains... do you play on PS4 (pro)?
I play on pc but nowhere near high end. Had to lower the resolution with medium crowd.
Yes the gameplay has issues but the one that stands out to me is the player's awareness on manual passing. Players sometime do not recognize where the ball is. Are you experiencing the same thing? Is it skill issue?

Even though I'm not a manual player, yesterday I played some enjoyable FUMA games with a member from here. It's true that you create opportunities that you can't with assisted controls. Scoring goals can be a bit challenging, though. Maybe they require practice. Still, even with assisted controls, especially at passing level 3 and basic shot, I agree with many here that I haven't enjoyed a football game like this in years, since the old PES 1-6 and FIFA 11, as well as FIFA World Cup 2010.

What works for me is not pressing the left stick fully in the direction i want to shoot just halfway. I even scored some long range finesse shots but they are as rare as master league news from konami.

Hey all, been a while since I posted, well actually not since the launch of eFootball instead of the next-gen stand-alone game we all anticipated. I even invested in a PS5 2.5 years ago purely because of the promised PES/eFootball with the photo realistic graphics etc...

I have been visiting the site every day though and reading all your comments and findings etc., but this version seems to have really got some complimentary comments and so....

.... after all that time I decided to download and try this game for the first time since it became the F2P model.

After some config changes to the pass level and such like, I played a few off-line friendly games and I was more than pleasantly surprised and had lots of fun and it doesn't look too bad, well not as bad as I expected it to on PS5.

I don't know what it says about me but I always liked both games, you know PES and that other one.

Enjoying the other one too right now with default sliders, until EA decide to ruin it all over the next 6 months of course, but the eFootball has been a very surprising discovery.

Some of those 'PES' moments we all enjoyed in the past made an appearance in the few games I played, like own goals, bookings and sendings off, rebounded free-kicks that went straight in past the wrong-footed goalie, I even got and conceded a penalty in the very first game I played.

Like all of you, the shameful lack of modes and in particular the off-line stuff is a real downer for me as I'm not one of the 'new crowd we're after' as Konami graciously stuck it up us all in 2021

Anyway, provided they don't ruin what I have been playing today, I think I may enjoy dabbling in this in the hope that they also bring us some off-line modes and DLC's even if we have to pay for them to use them. They can however, stick their pay to win and gambling services up them's backsides, deffo not interested in that at my age, i.e. I'm not under 14!

To those of you who are having fun with it already, I hope that continues for you all too, for those who may not have downloaded it maybe it's worth a try for you at least?

Peace to all!

Hey all, been a while since I posted, well actually not since the launch of eFootball instead of the next-gen stand-alone game we all anticipated. I even invested in a PS5 2.5 years ago purely because of the promised PES/eFootball with the photo realistic graphics etc...

I have been visiting the site every day though and reading all your comments and findings etc., but this version seems to have really got some complimentary comments and so....

.... after all that time I decided to download and try this game for the first time since it became the F2P model.

After some config changes to the pass level and such like, I played a few off-line friendly games and I was more than pleasantly surprised and had lots of fun and it doesn't look too bad, well not as bad as I expected it to on PS5.

I don't know what it says about me but I always liked both games, you know PES and that other one.

Enjoying the other one too right now with default sliders, until EA decide to ruin it all over the next 6 months of course, but the eFootball has been a very surprising discovery.

Some of those 'PES' moments we all enjoyed in the past made an appearance in the few games I played, like own goals, bookings and sendings off, rebounded free-kicks that went straight in past the wrong-footed goalie, I even got and conceded a penalty in the very first game I played.

Like all of you, the shameful lack of modes and in particular the off-line stuff is a real downer for me as I'm not one of the 'new crowd we're after' as Konami graciously stuck it up us all in 2021

Anyway, provided they don't ruin what I have been playing today, I think I may enjoy dabbling in this in the hope that they also bring us some off-line modes and DLC's even if we have to pay for them to use them. They can however, stick their pay to win and gambling services up them's backsides, deffo not interested in that at my age, i.e. I'm not under 14!

To those of you who are having fun with it already, I hope that continues for you all too, for those who may not have downloaded it maybe it's worth a try for you at least?

Peace to all!
You won a penalty in your first match! I don't think I've won a penalty since PES15 or maybe the PS3 era of games!

You won a penalty in your first match! I don't think I've won a penalty since PES15 or maybe the PS3 era of games!
Again off topic - I'm gonna have to give myself a warning..
I installed Pes18 the other day, coz it's the closest, from gameplay perspective (dribbling at least) to eFootball. I just wanted to have some purpose, some Master League going on the side..
But I remembered that I hated Pes18 coz it had very few fouls..
To my surprise I also won a penalty in my first game! Same as you - first penalty since I don't know when!
I actually panicked coz I didn't even know how to even take them.. :LOL:

Nice to "read you" again.
I missed your posts.
Hope you are doing well.

Apologies for off topic.
Carry on!
Thanks man! The way things went with all the shenanigans over the last 2.5 years, I feared I would never have a reason to post here again.

I’m doing well, older, poorer thanks to Covid and Westminster and not quite so good looking, but am still alive and kicking. :APPLAUD:

Again off topic - I'm gonna have to give myself a warning..
I installed Pes18 the other day, coz it's the closest, from gameplay perspective (dribbling at least) to eFootball. I just wanted to have some purpose, some Master League going on the side..
But I remembered that I hated Pes18 coz it had very few fouls..
To my surprise I also won a penalty in my first game! Same as you - first penalty since I don't know when!
I actually panicked coz I didn't even know how to even take them.. :LOL:
It's the closest to efootball in terms of responsiveness, but gameplay no. Very linear, players on trails, i remember that it was a backheel fest somehow, and the AI is one the worst in PES history. The strong points are responsiveness, animation smoothness and footplanting, graphics and lightning (I really like them till today).
Back to ef2024 regarding FUMA. If you tap once the long ball button (power gauge less than half), you can serve lethal low arch passes (like FIFA with double X). They are extremely effective.
Currently I am playing this AFC Champions League Event and I am having a blast. In top player level I mostly win in FUMA.

I sure did! I made the pass and just before I received it I pulled my player to the right and the guy on my left had already started his sliding tackle and down my player went!

Was AC Milan vs Inter, my team was AC Milan. I scored the pen too, then I made a rash challenge at the other end and gave one away, but I somehow managed to save it and pushed it out for a corner.

Some decent free kicks and other penalty area stramashes in the other games too. These kinds of things never happen like that in the ‘other’ game, it was almost a welcome home for me yesterday! Long may it continue!

I sure did! I made the pass and just before I received it I pulled my player to the right and the guy on my left had already started his sliding tackle and down my player went!

Was AC Milan vs Inter, my team was AC Milan. I scored the pen too, then I made a rash challenge at the other end and gave one away, but I somehow managed to save it and pushed it out for a corner.

Some decent free kicks and other penalty area stramashes in the other games too. These kinds of things never happen like that in the ‘other’ game, it was almost a welcome home for me yesterday! Long may it continue!
This is one of things I spoke about in one of my first posts after playing this for the first time recently. The way you can wrong foot players is so satisfying and makes dribbling/first touches so good. Fouls, that bit of space etc. it’s like a more refined 2014. Nice to see another old head back and pleasantly surprised.

I dread playing multiplayer. I only play with my RTG account now, which has 2 teams:
  1. A team with only level-able players and they only level through playing and no use of xp-trainers
  2. A full standard GP team with some hidden 3-4star gems
I could comfortably reach top 200 with these teams, and also win against full epic / show time teams.
But now the booster players are just so much better. The increase from epic to booster is insane. Nearly every player has 8-10 attributes over 90+.

With a standard GP team, it's like playing as a 5th league team against Manchester City, when before boosters the opponents felt more like Leicester City.

Am I the only one having poor performance on PC?
my GTX 1070 stays at 99% utilization at all times during 3D graphics (replays, gameplay). the only time it drops is during menus and gameplan.
Let's be honest, graphics, excluding a few replay cameras are very bad for 2023 on PC, they look like mobile graphics. there's lots of banding especially on hairstyles.
Can't even dream to use an HD graphics mod, it drops way below 60fps during gameplay and the stuttering is way worse, unbareable.
Is this an issue only on my side or you guys are having it too, with similar if not better GPU.
My PC is fairly decent for gaming at 1080p: Ryzen 3700x, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, Nvme gen 3 SSD, GeForce GTX 1070.
I have opened a ticket with konami some time ago and after sending them multiple logs and recordings their conclusion was that "it's something on my side" and they stopped responding. I'm pretty sure they are lying

Hi guys,

Not played “PES” since it became eFootball. I have been playing the latest version and I have to say that it has been enjoyable. Always thought Konami captured the feeling of the way football flows and this version plays like a joy.

I do not have the other game yet but I am just wondering what is the situation with offline modes. Is this completely gone? Not really an online player or interested in dreamteam or the whatever it’s called (equivalent to Ultimate Team) so this is rather important to me.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Not played “PES” since it became eFootball. I have been playing the latest version and I have to say that it has been enjoyable. Always thought Konami captured the feeling of the way football flows and this version plays like a joy.

I do not have the other game yet but I am just wondering what is the situation with offline modes. Is this completely gone? Not really an online player or interested in dreamteam or the whatever it’s called (equivalent to Ultimate Team) so this is rather important to me.

Thanks

nothing at the moment unfortunately. I’m also not a fan of dream team but it is very quick to assemble a decent side which you can use to do offline tournaments and it’s currently keeping me interested. Not sure how long for though. ML would really elevate this game.

Back
Top Bottom