eFootball (All Platforms)

level 3 all the way about passing. But online everyone uses level 1 so its not so fair.
i feel like the game removed a lot of the scripting but what revealed was that it becomes sooooo pay to win

looks like a child game playing against those super teams, its like 4 shots 4 goals

at least it looks like pes 6 with those patches with players overpowered, but the game breaks it becomes unplayable

I’ve noticed since the recent update to difficulty that the CPU AI makes a lot more mistakes and feels much more organic. The games feels a lot less stressful at higher levels but I feel like they might have gone a bit too far the other way and it’s maybe a smidge easy.

Saying that I have only been playing top player in dream team and haven’t tried superstar again yet. Top player is definitely easier than it was though. Not necessarily for better or worse tbh.

the shoulder charge seems to have been tweaked now as well and actually works without always giving away a foul.

I’ve noticed since the recent update to difficulty that the CPU AI makes a lot more mistakes and feels much more organic. The games feels a lot less stressful at higher levels but I feel like they might have gone a bit too far the other way and it’s maybe a smidge easy.

Saying that I have only been playing top player in dream team and haven’t tried superstar again yet. Top player is definitely easier than it was though. Not necessarily for better or worse tbh.

the shoulder charge seems to have been tweaked now as well and actually works without always giving away a foul.

Yeah, pretty much everything is better except the feeling of passing, which is slightly worse.

It's hard not to be impressed that at a limited level of technology, konami.are committed to making some sort of simulation of football.

It's hard not to be impressed that at a limited level of technology, konami.are committed to making some sort of simulation of football
From responsiveness, dribbling and on-the-ball feeling - eFooball is, IMO, the closest to pes18. And I have been playing Pes18 yesterday just to be able to have some sort of Career going and also to compare it to eFootball.

And eFootball is better on almost every level - from AI, through physicality all the way to dribbling.

I wouldn't be one of those saying that eFootball is the best Pes ever made, but it's certainly up there when it comes to all recent Pes games. It has the least amount of gameplay issues that I can pick on, that spoil the experience.

But it needs modes and it needs them fast. Coz if I'm ready to go back to Pes18 just to have some sort of continuity and progression - it just shows that eFooball won't keep people around for longer with gameplay alone.

But it needs modes and it needs them fast. Coz if I'm ready to go back to Pes18 just to have some sort of continuity and progression - it just shows that eFooball won't keep people around for longer with gameplay alone.

I agree that modes are urgently needed. However, in my opinion, to retain players, it requires content for the dream team mode. I'm not referring to new player cards. It needs something more than divisions. The concept of moving up in divisions may have been interesting ten years ago, but now we need something new and fresh. FIFA is way ahead with features like the Weekend League and playoffs. eFootball could utilize divisions to accumulate points and enable players to qualify for a tournament similar to the Weekend League, which could be a celebration of football. Of course, there could be something even more interesting than what I'm suggesting, but I can't think of anything at the moment. I've heard that PES 2011 (I was playing FIFA back then) had an interesting mode, the Master League Online, but I'm not sure if it would stand up to today's standards.

I agree that modes are urgently needed. However, in my opinion, to retain players, it requires content for the dream team mode. I'm not referring to new player cards. It needs something more than divisions. The concept of moving up in divisions may have been interesting ten years ago, but now we need something new and fresh. FIFA is way ahead with features like the Weekend League and playoffs. eFootball could utilize divisions to accumulate points and enable players to qualify for a tournament similar to the Weekend League, which could be a celebration of football. Of course, there could be something even more interesting than what I'm suggesting, but I can't think of anything at the moment. I've heard that PES 2011 (I was playing FIFA back then) had an interesting mode, the Master League Online, but I'm not sure if it would stand up to today's standards.
Oh yeah, when I said modes I meant content. For both offline and online.
In every survey I'm asking them to put some interesting tournaments, like FUMA tournament, or co-op, or 11v11.
Personally I'd only be interested in FUMA one, but looking at bigger picture - the more options the better, for the entire playerbase

Additionally, something needs to be done about how easily they give away players. At the same time, in order to acquire strong players (legends, etc.), you have to spend only coins. They could also provide several legends, epics, etc., but at a high GP cost (5-10 million GP for example). GP could still be earned as it is now, but also through a new mode in the dream team, similar to what I mentioned, like a weekend league, for example. They need to find ways to make it appealing and rewarding at the same time, even to those who don't want to pay with coins. FIFA is fully pay-to-win, but someone who is willing to put in the effort can also buy legends or special cards.

Additionally, something needs to be done about how easily they give away players.
Yes, this is my biggest gripe when it comes to online.
When you see a good player in opponents team you should be like "o, wow! He has such and such"..

Instead it's "oh, here's such and such again..."

its actually more difficult to avoid star players in your team, coz Konami is throwing them at you left right and centre.

But at least they started asking about it.
In the last survey they did ask directly "Do you find Dream Team boring, coz it's too easy to obtain star players?"

So maybe penny is dropping..

I've heard that PES 2011 (I was playing FIFA back then) had an interesting mode, the Master League Online, but I'm not sure if it would stand up to today's standards.

The Master League Online mode didn't actually much to it from what I remember. I think it just had basic match-making and 4 game knock-out tournaments.

What made it special was the slow progression of team-building which forced you to experiment and make the most out of a limited budget. Lead to interesting discussions on here about who the hidden gems were, the low-rated players with interesting cards that gave them an edge.

We had that keeper from NZ with a mammoth kick, Huddlestone like a statue in midfield pinging accurate long-balls. Diego Buonanotte and Lavezzi tearing it up in attack. You really felt the difference as you fitted each cog into the team.

There was also a hard salary cap so you couldn't come up against the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, unless the rest of the team was gutted as they were extortionately expensive to afford.

Man, I really miss PES. I'm not mad about the eFootball gameplay, but even if I did everyone's teams are so stacked there's no progression or incentive to keep playing.

The Master League Online mode didn't actually much to it from what I remember. I think it just had basic match-making and 4 game knock-out tournaments.

What made it special was the slow progression of team-building which forced you to experiment and make the most out of a limited budget. Lead to interesting discussions on here about who the hidden gems were, the low-rated players with interesting cards that gave them an edge.

We had that keeper from NZ with a mammoth kick, Huddlestone like a statue in midfield pinging accurate long-balls. Diego Buonanotte and Lavezzi tearing it up in attack. You really felt the difference as you fitted each cog into the team.

There was also a hard salary cap so you couldn't come up against the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, unless the rest of the team was gutted as they were extortionately expensive to afford.

Man, I really miss PES. I'm not mad about the eFootball gameplay, but even if I did everyone's teams are so stacked there's no progression or incentive to keep playing.

This is it, if they added ML, it could be such a great PES. IMO it would be best since 2014 but even that had its huge input delay issues and plenty of other problems with what they were trying to do. I did love the direction they went in that year though. 11 was great too.

This is it, if they added ML, it could be such a great PES. IMO it would be best since 2014 but even that had its huge input delay issues and plenty of other problems with what they were trying to do. I did love the direction they went in that year though. 11 was great too.
Pes 2014 was a tech demo of Fox engine. That's why graphics and animations was excellent even for today's standards.
2011 had some flair too as well, but FIFA 11 overshadowed it.

How can i choose differnent text language from commentary? When i go to steam every time i select a language, steam deletes my last choice.

Participation for the tournament with manual controls was not sufficient, so registrations will not continue.

There will be one last attempt for a tournament with assisted controller settings (basic shooting, level 1-3 passing). This time, registrations will be open not only for PC but also for PS5.

Please join for PS5 here and check the respective topics with the rules and registrations.

For PC, click here.

Just reminded me of Pes 2011. Maybe not the best Pes gameplay but ML was a blast! I remember I created the club I support from my own town with created stadium in the game editor and slowly progressed to champions league final. Good times :)

If, or ever, ML is released for this game, and a patch (like for example VirtuaRed or Smoke) is released, gives us an option to block all online content, messages, etc, and focuses strictly on offline, I'd probably shell out the bucks for it. One thing I love about PES patches is that they create an alternate universe of strictly offline content without showing advertising player cards, etc, and also allows us to customize everything (menus included). It's like a very specific universe in its own right. If that is ever released it would hopefully bring back the PES magic, at least for me.

I came back here to share how much I enjoy AI matches. They are really amazing. AI must be the best AI ever existed in a football game. Most human-like than many user matches. As for gameplay, believe me playing in FUMA unlocks new levels of freedom. You can create score chances, even amazing goals from your creativity. You can try or maybe gamble some long passes, or shoots. Nothing to be bored about, not (so much) repetition from AI, unique goals (AI scored a screamer at 92' that cost me the win, but I LOVED IT), real football drama.
Some fixes here and there and ofcourse more offline modes will deliver the best football game experience ever.
For me it's the best football game available to play. Not perfect but the best in comparison. (Considering that Pes 5/6 are good, but obsolete for today's standards in many ways).

I came back here to share how much I enjoy AI matches. They are really amazing. AI must be the best AI ever existed in a football game. Most human-like than many user matches. As for gameplay, believe me playing in FUMA unlocks new levels of freedom. You can create score chances, even amazing goals from your creativity. You can try or maybe gamble some long passes, or shoots. Nothing to be bored about, not (so much) repetition from AI, unique goals (AI scored a screamer at 92' that cost me the win, but I LOVED IT), real football drama.
Some fixes here and there and ofcourse more offline modes will deliver the best football game experience ever.
For me it's the best football game available to play. Not perfect but the best in comparison. (Considering that Pes 5/6 are good, but obsolete for today's standards in many ways).
Are you playing on PS5 or PC? I play on a PS4 pro, and while I am really trying, I fail to understand how people can throw around superlatives in relation to this gameplay. The skating, the inconsistencies in responsiveness and awareness.. for me, the bad clearly outweighs the good at this moment in time. Most of all it feels so flat and superficial, even when not taking into account the rather disgusting points and coins package it is wrapped in.

Last edited:
I play on PC with high graphics mod, and 120 fps.
Yes there is some ice skating, and some inconsistencies here and there for sure. But which football game did not have these issues? As i said, it's not perfect but the best choice, regarding gameplay.

Are you playing on PS5 or PC? I play on a PS4 pro, and while I am really trying, I fail to understand how people can throw around superlatives in relation to this gameplay. The skating, the inconsistencies in responsiveness and awareness. For me, the bad clearly outweighs the good at this moment in time. Most of all it feels so flat and superficial... even beside the points and coins package it is wrapped in.

Not to mention scoring in a what is effectively a steel cage.

Back
Top Bottom