eFootball (All Platforms)

How to pass the ball in this game? I cant pass. Only passing to the opposition or hitting them. How to pass?

Without being one of those irritating people...I have not had anything even close to this issue. Ground passing is one of my favourite things in the game...especially how you can zip passes to your teammates. The 'tak' sound of foot on ball is great too.

Is it controller interference? Sonething is going wrong for you I think...

Main changes in Trial Match. Full Ligue 1 in the game now, alongside full Trendyol Süper Lig (Turkey). And the stadiums mentioned above

All kits now updated also, including clubs not useable in Trial Match

I noticed a change in ground passes when I first started this new update.

Seems that what konami have done is that to slightly reduce the speed of the game, they have reduced the momentum of the ball overall. The problem is they have also taken some zip out of the game, and the game no longer feels as dynamic or alive when passing the ball. The ball has the slight feeling of having too little air now, or that "kicking a cardboard box" feeling that pes has had at various times.

It feels like the difference between pes 5 and 6. Their may be more deceleration of the ball now, but it feels rigid.

Because the game has such rudimentary physics, it's almost alarming how quickly the game, to me, can end up feeling boring and empty again.

Theyll get back to that more rhythmic style of ground passes at some point, as they've yo-yo'd between various ground pass styles throughout the time of efootball.

It's just gone a bit stale for me now. It's not like I play it more than a couple of hours a week anyway. It's a quick diversion for half an hour now and then. I'm glad I only updated my pc though, and my ps4 pro remains at the previous patch.

I saw it as a 6/10. But it really does show how limited the game is in terms of ball physics, that a small tweak can leave the whole game feeling dull. There is no compensatory variety.

I said of the previous patch it was a great passing simulator/tech demo. Well that's gone now to some extent. So with the terrible shooting still in place, it's not really doing much for me.

I might try the ps4 3.0. I'm sure that version was far more dynamic.

Last edited:
Without being one of those irritating people...I have not had anything even close to this issue. Ground passing is one of my favourite things in the game...especially how you can zip passes to your teammates. The 'tak' sound of foot on ball is great too.

Is it controller interference? Sonething is going wrong for you I think...

Nah just the game is shit. Every pass goes to the opposition on PS4 and on PC too. Shit game with shit passing for years now. Dont get me started on the thru balls, dear lord!!! You would like to make a run with your CF and the thru ball picks up someone......behind you. Broken shitfest with the basics.

Also just a friendly reminder to all, if you are winning in this game online, you are not good. You just have a more ball-magnetic team.

Nah just the game is shit. Every pass goes to the opposition on PS4 and on PC too. Shit game with shit passing for years now. Dont get me started on the thru balls, dear lord!!! You would like to make a run with your CF and the thru ball picks up someone......behind you. Broken shitfest with the basics.

Also just a friendly reminder to all, if you are winning in this game online, you are not good. You just have a more ball-magnetic team.

I'm actually unhappy with the current patch but offline, this is patently, observably untrue. Passes go to where you intended 90% of the time or more.

Perhaps you're talking about online, which you seem to have been slagging off for years. I'm amazed you put yourself through the pain of it anymore.

I'm actually unhappy with the current patch but offline, this is patently, observably untrue. Passes go to where you intended 90% of the time or more.

Perhaps you're talking about online, which you seem to have been slagging off for years. I'm amazed you put yourself through the pain of it anymore.
If the game is like this online, it is like this offline as well. Just doesnt come thru if you play the 5 only available same rated teams all the time for years. Which I'm amazed you put yourself through, playing the same demo for 4 years now. :LMAO:

If the game is like this online, it is like this offline as well. Just doesnt come thru if you play the 5 only available same rated teams all the time for years. Which I'm amazed you put yourself through, playing the same demo for 4 years now. :LMAO:

This is getting absurd. Online and offline games play identically?

There are 5 whole leagues, plus international teams etc.

I'm amazed that I've indulged you this long. I actually responded to you in good faith. But reasoning with you is clearly pointless.

We can leave it there I think.

This is getting absurd. Online and offline games play identically?

There are 5 whole leagues, plus international teams etc.

I'm amazed that I've indulged you this long. I actually responded to you in good faith. But reasoning with you is clearly pointless.

We can leave it there I think.
Its the same game. Only thing changes u play vs ai and there are no 98 rated players. And still all in good faith, not sure what are u on about, i responded the same as u did.

No. He was trying to be nice and helpful. You are trolling
Not really. He started trolling and being personal about how i spend my time. I dont mind really but i just returned the favour in the same playful manner. But i am the bad guy and he is a victim now.

ill-take-it-phone.gif

Not really. He started trolling and being personal about how i spend my time. I dont mind really but i just returned the favour in the same playful manner. But i am the bad guy and he is a victim now.

ill-take-it-phone.gif

I meant that I'm amazed you put yourself through the torture of playing this game online, as its clearly not great, and you clearly dislike it and have done for a while.

It wasn't meant as a dig. It was more that I'm amazed you can still put up with it.
But I accept that doesnt always come across in text.

Dont worry, there was no victim. We can move on.

It wasn't meant as a dig. It was more that I'm amazed you can still put up with it
That's how I took it also. I didn't see any hidden dig there. Especially that I play online from time to time and know how bad it can be.

No one claims this game is amazing, but it has a solid gameplay and decent AI in offline events. And if I can pass a ball around to intended targets on full Manual - surely passing can't be that bad.

How did they manage to ruin the game with one update? I think it's now closer to the 2023 version, and I had abandoned the 2023 version because I disliked the feeling when controlling the players. It feels looser now. Also, through passing are to easy and op right now with great speed. So far, it has disappointed me...

Another 11gb update full of nothing?
It Is more the time I spend updating this game that the time spent playing it

Last edited:
That's how I took it also. I didn't see any hidden dig there. Especially that I play online from time to time and know how bad it can be.

No one claims this game is amazing, but it has a solid gameplay and decent AI in offline events. And if I can pass a ball around to intended targets on full Manual - surely passing can't be that bad.

Thanks. Just read my post twice, I feel my meaning was there.

Solid gameplay, decent AI pretty much sums it up, yep.

How did they manage to ruin the game with one update? I think it's now closer to the 2023 version, and I had abandoned the 2023 version because I disliked the feeling when controlling the players. It feels looser now. Also, through passing are to easy and op right now with great speed. So far, it has disappointed me...

Yeah, I'm feeling quite disappointed. It does feel more like 2023. They seem to improved AI, added more animations, but dialed back ball physics for some reason.

The ball feels hard now, and less pleasant to kick. The game feels a bit more rigid, with fewer passing areas to play into.

I hope they're just buying time till a bigger revamp on 25, as rumoured. Because if not, we could be going round in circles like this for decades...

I didn't play it after the newest update tho... and I don't like what I'm reading here... :/

I'd say dont update it if you can help it.

There is something that has just gone for now. The texture of passing, the sense of elasticity. And the rhythm and flow of passing and movement.

Its gone from something springy with varied rhythms and openness to something more binary.

It was sort of obvious immediately, but I was hoping it was adjustment required.

The positive aspect compared to the game before the update is that the midfield game has become more prominent. They also made it slightly slower, but at the same time, the opponent's pressure is suffocating and excessive. Perhaps some adaptation is needed. Time will tell.

Something has happened today and I can't put my finger on it. Suddenly high press for all Ai teams again. Did they update it again?

Played v3.0.

So the newest version is more ordered. But 3.0 has so much more zip and life to the player and ball movement.

I'd compare it to playing with a modern leather football that pings (3.0) vs playing with an indoor, green fabric ball which bounces less, pings less and just feels a bit dead (latest version)

Just finished few games with recent update. Two offline and one online.

Still think it's very decent. Manual passing seems more loose now, which took some getting used to, but I didn't feel like passes lost their zip.

AI was a bit sweaty even on professional, but it was also playing at the back and passing to the keeper sometimes, so it's not like it's all go.

I know we had a discussion earlier about passing and this is one of the areas where this game excels IMO.
Especially coming from Fifa23 that I played last few days this feels like it was developed by Rockstars Red Dead Redemption 2 team.. Everything just seems so... consistent. Playing on Manual I can pass around at the back coz I feel like I have control over my passes. In Fifa23 full Manual is so frustratingly random that I can never have a proper build up, coz I'm afraid to risk it. Passes are going wherever they want there and ball physics is PS3 era. Ball accelerates, or slows down out of nowhere. It's just a mess.
eFootball is so relaxing in comparison..

Just finished few games with recent update. Two offline and one online.

Still think it's very decent. Manual passing seems more loose now, which took some getting used to, but I didn't feel like passes lost their zip.

AI was a bit sweaty even on professional, but it was also playing at the back and passing to the keeper sometimes, so it's not like it's all go.

I know we had a discussion earlier about passing and this is one of the areas where this game excels IMO.
Especially coming from Fifa23 that I played last few days this feels like it was developed by Rockstars Red Dead Redemption 2 team.. Everything just seems so... consistent. Playing on Manual I can pass around at the back coz I feel like I have control over my passes. In Fifa23 full Manual is so frustratingly random that I can never have a proper build up, coz I'm afraid to risk it. Passes are going wherever they want there and ball physics is PS3 era. Ball accelerates, or slows down out of nowhere. It's just a mess.

You're right, there is still a really good passing game. I played a few more on pc and it's still good. It's lost a little something, but it'll come back, konami always bring it back to where it was eventually.

And its internally consistent agreed. I quite like ea 24, but you literally have no idea what will happen moment to momentum. It's systems are unstable.

Teammate AI is great. Cpu AI even better. Game less chaotic than 3.0.

I play on pa3. Maybe why I'm feeling the difference a little more??
.Might try manual as this game is really looking close to a real match at times...

This is something I notice for me since a long time. Playing FIFA, even if I enjoy the games because if sliders etc, stresses me. The whole movement of players, the ball seems somewhat hectic to me.
Playing PES/efootball leaves me much more calm and peacefully. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom