eFootball (All Platforms)

The first step is we need a thread that is just a list of users and if they are playing on PS4/5, Xbox, PC. As then we can see if there are enough people for each games system.

You can also use Parsec to host games and I'd really like playing retro FIFA/PES games together, which we can easy do with abandonware free downloads, less specs needed on PCs and Parsec.
Sounds perfectly.
Hey @Tom, I hope you're well.
Any chance to implementation?

We used to do that here and on WENB years ago. I’d potentially be interested but the way I play football games doesn’t really work against human opposition.

I like to play the game and use the players like they would irl, try to score realistic looking goals, using basic skill moves with players that would etc. hard to do that trying to beat an actual person haha.

So last night (having not played a footy game for longer than an hour in the last 5 years) I ended up playing pes until 3am like I was back on PES6.

having spent some time learning defending and the dribbling, I have to say this game is actually very rewarding and pretty solid. Maybe the most fun I’ve had since 2014.

The games foundation is pretty strong. I hated last years game but this feels far more refined.

+ Dribbling, player weight especially and how you can manipulate that to make space. The little touches and mechanics of drilling are great. Not quite FIFA16 great but very good.
+ Defending. At first I found this one of the worst parts of the game but once I changed some buttons and understood the different defending options it became really rewarding and generally very consistent. Some clipping as always with PES but rarely felt cheated by the AI.
+ AI - only playing superstar and tbh it’s a bit tough for me but all games are close. They’re varied and star players actually stand out. Leo is a demon to play against, uses skill moves and always looks to take you on. Generally their build up is pretty varied, and both yours and the cpu AI are defensively aware.
+ Ebb and flow of the game. Really gives you a feeling of a proper football match. Good spells for both teams and although midfield could be a bit better, chances are still very difficult to create.
+ stamina. Could have been placebo but feels like player abilities drop off significantly when they’re tired.

- keepers look awful
- ball physics whilst ok just lack a huge amount of variation. Improvement here would go a very long way to making goals feel rewarding, given chances are hard to create.
- shielding mechanic is totally busted unless the defender is directly behind you.
- general look and atmosphere. Graphics are pretty good but turfs are still poor and there’s just not enough bells and whistles to really bring the immersion up a level.
- Harry Kane. Someone at Konami really fucking hates that man. He is USELESS
Count me in for sure.

Sounds perfectly.
Hey @Tom, I hope you're well.
Any chance to implementation?
Don't think that there's any need for my involvement, you guys just start a thread on it and we'll see how it goes. What I can do, however, is posting a public notice on it once such thread exists.

Hugs to you, my friend! 💙 💛

edit: Orrrr use broxopios' thread instead which I, obviously, missed :D

A few more hours down and to add to the other points i made, 120fps would so this game the WORLD of good. It looks incredibly clunky on videos and in replays where the FPS drops but it actually feels pretty smooth. If it ran at 120fps it would look very good imo.

IMG20231003221020.jpgToday I am watching AFC and spotted efootball, Konami logo. And I am forgetting but in a league I saw efootball logo on tshirt of support stuff. They are promoting the game on the field quite silently.
Now I just noticed today so I am not sure if this thing is happening from past.I just want to tell this and if this is a old thing sorry😅 for spamming.

A few more hours down and to add to the other points i made, 120fps would so this game the WORLD of good. It looks incredibly clunky on videos and in replays where the FPS drops but it actually feels pretty smooth. If it ran at 120fps it would look very good imo.

Are you enjoying it?

Would depend on price for me but i quite enjoyed the experience on superstar, regular is horrible. If professional/top player played nicely then i'd be tempted but i think i'd prefer it to be modular. I'd pay for ML/Edit/League add ons if they were £10/£15. Not sure i'd be paying £60 for a full game.
You want 19.99 FULL ON MODES GAME HAHAHAH. People like you is why Konami wont ever leave its current ways of making money.Why even bother releasing a full game,if they can get even more money every week by just releasing dream team cards!

People like you is why Konami wont ever leave its current ways of making money.Why even bother releasing a full game,if they can get even more money every week by just releasing dream team cards!
??
What is your problem, fella?
From the get go Konami was saying that IF they release ML - it will be paid DLC.
And what does paid DLC has to do with dream team cards?

You want 19.99 FULL ON MODES GAME HAHAHAH. People like you is why Konami wont ever leave its current ways of making money.Why even bother releasing a full game,if they can get even more money every week by just releasing dream team cards!
Yeah I think you misunderstood what we’re saying here. I’m not asking for the full game, I’m saying I would pay an amount to unlock individual modes which in a lot of cases would make Konami more money. A lot of people wouldn’t pay £60 for full game but would pay £10 for a league mode for example.
I’ve also not spent a single penny on dream team and wouldn’t ever so it’s a moot point.

Going to play a few trial matches tonight and try to get some clips to show the good stuff this game does. No guarantees i'll get any though :LMAO:

Interesting question I'd like to ask everyone:

If Konami said they'd actually release eFootball next year on disc as it is now for PS5/Xbox Series X (and Store/Marketplace) but with all the offline modes & edit mode added (that were on PES21 etc.), would anybody here then buy it?
Not a chance in its current state even with single player modes. Football life 24 is superb and free

I would.
1. Football life is not on consoles
2. At its core Football Life is still Pes21 with all its limitations and issues.
eFootball has limitations and issues too (and not just the fact that there's zero content). It's far from perfect.

That said, the AI upgrade alone would make it tempting. That's the best thing about eFootball IMO - the irony (given that there's nothing much you can do with it)... Typical Konami madness.

I would.
1. Football life is not on consoles
2. At its core Football Life is still Pes21 with all its limitations and issues.
1. I know thats why I bought a pc capable of playing it
2. Mods at least improve or eliminate most of the issues or the main ones I had
3 efootball will never be optimised for single player as it simply isn't where the money is now. I'm sure they will release some token gesture modes to bring in a few quid but I can't see any real effort being put into it. But then maybe the modders will move to that leaving the console users back to square 1

Interesting question I'd like to ask everyone:

If Konami said they'd actually release eFootball next year on disc as it is now for PS5/Xbox Series X (and Store/Marketplace) but with all the offline modes & edit mode added (that were on PES21 etc.), would anybody here then buy it?
Let me try the demo and then I'll decide.
If it plays good, why not?

1. I know thats why I bought a pc capable of playing it
Good for you
2. Mods at least improve or eliminate most of the issues or the main ones I had
Good for you
3 efootball will never be optimised for single player as it simply isn't where the money is now. I'm sure they will release some token gesture modes to bring in a few quid but I can't see any real effort being put into it. But then maybe the modders will move to that leaving the console users back to square 1
Thank you for your concern. Us, console peasants, will be fine. It will be really tough at times, but we'll be fine...

I'd probably give it a chance if and only if Master League is released, a good number of leagues are available and the teams can be edited.
All geared towards offline gaming.
Looks like wishful thinking at this point, unfortunately.

Anyway, back to PES 2021.

Ok ok.. just had a couple of games. Bit disappointed as a offline, trial game only player. Nothing new in terms of settings available. Just some new brazilian teams, turkish teams, and some old brazilian stadiums brought back.

Gameplay.. not sure if anything has changed.. only played 5 mins to check a few things out.. but pretty much the same.

Only noticable improvement: Net physics slightly improved.. or is it my imagination ahhahah.. I actually think they are better.. not EAfc standard though.
Here is a clip.. am i seeing shite!!?? hhahah:

Back
Top Bottom