eFootball (All Platforms)

Even before efootball when it was PES from the late PS3 to PS4 Fox engine games usually there was a massive update in November with a few new stadiums, teams, etc... I'm sure offline content will come then or there abouts. There is little to no content worth playing on this game right now even if you like it. So few people online even bothering with those events which now just require one match and a win for coins then the rest is just the usual boring, tedious training points grind.

Seem like instead of this coming out when it should have early September with 3.0.0. Konami are gambling on pushing/funneling everyone into as much Dream Team as possible, waiting till after EAFC has launched and people are bored of it in November to hit with offline content.

Hey there... Just wondering if any of you guys are using the L2 to protect the ball?... it actually works effectively in this version. Wouldn't say its overpowered, but definitely helps you protect the ball when back to the defender. Ive posted an example clip below where i use it in about 3 sequences in the last 30secs of the gameplay, before showing a replay view... the last use is great as it actually helps me get away from 2 players approaching my from either end, in which I protect from one angle, and then turn in field. Anyways, didnt really think to use this until just the other day, and wow, it actually works. Didn't work effectively in ef23, so i guess its good to see that both functions of the L2 button actually work now (both in defense with marking up, leading to many blocks, and in attack as mentioned above).

I played few matches against the AI.
Not bad, huh?
I think it's the most varied and intelligent AI we'have ever seen in a football game.
Gameplay wise, is faster, less loose feeling, snappier control and movement.
Ball physics need some improvement, especially the silly bounces in short passes. Maybe in rain the ball behaves more realistically.
Anyway, compared to FIFA (I really wonder how people can play this ice skating fest, hypermotion is the worst technology in mocap I've ever seen) and previous PES, ef2024 gameplaywise is better.

Hey there... Just wondering if any of you guys are using the L2 to protect the ball?... it actually works effectively in this version. Wouldn't say its overpowered, but definitely helps you protect the ball when back to the defender. Ive posted an example clip below where i use it in about 3 sequences in the last 30secs of the gameplay, before showing a replay view... the last use is great as it actually helps me get away from 2 players approaching my from either end, in which I protect from one angle, and then turn in field.
Yes, I have been using it lately. But I found it most effective when I press it instead of hold. And I use it mainly to brush off the defender who is catching up with me on the wing. Seems to be giving them a big shove and I'm being left alone.

People should also have a closer look at the mobile version.

While looking like shit, the gameplay is identical to consoles. I can't wait until we finally have full crossplay, so the limiting factor of a small players base on console and PC is no longer an issue thanks to mobile. This will open the game up for more online game modes, events, pass assist matchmaking and team strength matchmaking. I rather play with millions of mobile players and huge variety of online modes than vs AI.

Last edited:

While looking like shit, the gameplay is identical to consoles. I can't wait until we finally have full crossplay, so the limiting factor of a small players base on console and PC is no longer an issue thanks to mobile. This will open the game up for more online game modes, events, pass assist matchmaking and team strength matchmaking. I rather play with millions of mobile players and huge variety of online modes than vs AI.

this was supposed to happen like 3 years ago

I have a question to make
Konami send to community the last couple days some surveys
Q1.
konami does read the survey take consideration of this?
Q2.
does we wrote at those surveys what we speak about here ? or we speak this way and we wrote survey other way ?

I have a question to make
Konami send to community the last couple days some surveys
Q1.
konami does read the survey take consideration of this?
Q2.
does we wrote at those surveys what we speak about here ? or we speak this way and we wrote survey other way ?

The last survey I remember was late 2020. It was open for about two weeks and they tweeted about it once, which would suggest they weren't really keen on people completing it.

This is a screenshot I found of the survey:

20230927_100941.jpg

Given that their solution to this was 'no Master League', I don't hold out much hope!

How do you know the mobile version's gameplay is identical to consoles?? Doesn't look like it in the videos... certainly doesn't look like it compares to the pc version. Maybe the net physics are better, which is odd :)

No offence to the mobile fans, and offline fans, but I hate the concept of crossplay, as its because of this crazy venture from Konami, that the pc and console versions are being held back and not currently at a next gen level. I hope they continue working on the pc and console version as a next gen version, and leave the mobile version as a 'mobile version'. Mobile gaming can stay with the mobile gamers. And crossplay can suck my..... @#@!#
I want a fully fledged next gen offline mode, and im guessing many here do as well.

How do you know the mobile version's gameplay is identical to consoles?? Doesn't look like it in the videos... certainly doesn't look like it compares to the pc version. Maybe the net physics are better, which is odd :)

No offence to the mobile fans, and offline fans, but I hate the concept of crossplay, as its because of this crazy venture from Konami, that the pc and console versions are being held back and not currently at a next gen level. I hope they continue working on the pc and console version as a next gen version, and leave the mobile version as a 'mobile version'. Mobile gaming can stay with the mobile gamers. And crossplay can suck my..... @#@!#
I want a fully fledged next gen offline mode, and im guessing many here do as well.
Death stranding, resident evil 4 remake, assasin creed are coming to mobile. I wont be surprise if konami jump on the bandwagon

I hate the concept of crossplay,
I fully agree when it comes to crossplay with mobile. Xbox X/S, PS5 and PC - I'm all for it. Once the gameplay is on similar level - why not. But don't downgrade one version to work with another.
And mobile version will never be on the same level consoles and PC, let's be realistic here

This game does do a few things well but as has been the case for so many years now, maybe even since PS2 days, goals are so so unsatisfactory.

I can’t believe in 2023 keepers still look and act so badly, even good saves look awful. coupled with the basic ball physics, every goal feels so meh.

This game does do a few things well but as has been the case for so many years now, maybe even since PS2 days, goals are so so unsatisfactory.

I can’t believe in 2023 keepers still look and act so badly, even good saves look awful. coupled with the basic ball physics, every goal feels so meh.
There are several factors.
1. Absymal net physics (Still pes 2011 has the best of PES)
2. Camera speed (how the camera tracks the ball, not very realistic)

And third factor is the stadium. Stadiums with nice lighting, realistic heavy long shadows and turf color , for some reason make the game look smoother, and everything flows better.

In general, I wonder why still, 2023 some stadiums has awful ligthing and why the ball shadow is a plain circle no matter how the light source. Its like nintendo era.

There are several factors.
1. Absymal net physics (Still pes 2011 has the best of PES)
2. Camera speed (how the camera tracks the ball, not very realistic)

And third factor is the stadium. Stadiums with nice lighting, realistic heavy long shadows and turf color , for some reason make the game look smoother, and everything flows better.

In general, I wonder why still, 2023 some stadiums has awful ligthing and why the ball shadow is a plain circle no matter how the light source. Its like nintendo era.

Those two things definitely do have an impact but very limited. Even if they were both perfect, goals would still feel terrible. As soon as the ball leaves the players foot, you kinda know if it's in or not. That's the real issue.

There's no deviation in trajectory or destination, no sudden swerve, or a sliced effort. Also no chance certain shots are saved, the whole shooting/scoring mechanic is so linear it takes away any excitement for "good" goals and there is such limited variation in even scrappy or realistic goals.

Also, in the old games, it was so difficult to actually score from distance. There was such a big impact on the shot from stats, body position, proximity of defenders etc that you would rarely take shots in low % positions unless you had the time and on the rare occasion you did and it came off, you knew it was a 1 in 50 goal which looked and felt amazing.

I still strongly believe their inability to program GKs properly are the main contributing factor. The fact animations are still awful and their positioning/reactions poor, prevent them providing us better physics. This is most likely true for outfield players too, remember how often balls bounced off players or were completely ignored when we had some semblance of good ball physics?

When the game was limited in freedom, they understood and refined the game so well, they were able to create a feeling of variation/randomness/freedom through a high number or outcomes dependant on variables. As tech has improved and EA introduced an level of variety and freedom far beyond what Konami have ever done (whether or not you like how it's implemented is irrelevant) Konami have failed to keep up and it shows.

Interesting question I'd like to ask everyone:

If Konami said they'd actually release eFootball next year on disc as it is now for PS5/Xbox Series X (and Store/Marketplace) but with all the offline modes & edit mode added (that were on PES21 etc.), would anybody here then buy it?

If Konami said they'd actually release eFootball next year on disc as it is now for PS5/Xbox Series X (and Store/Marketplace) but with all the offline modes & edit mode added (that were on PES21 etc.), would anybody here then buy it?

Would depend on price for me but i quite enjoyed the experience on superstar, regular is horrible. If professional/top player played nicely then i'd be tempted but i think i'd prefer it to be modular. I'd pay for ML/Edit/League add ons if they were £10/£15. Not sure i'd be paying £60 for a full game.

Those two things definitely do have an impact but very limited. Even if they were both perfect, goals would still feel terrible. As soon as the ball leaves the players foot, you kinda know if it's in or not. That's the real issue.

There's no deviation in trajectory or destination, no sudden swerve, or a sliced effort. Also no chance certain shots are saved, the whole shooting/scoring mechanic is so linear it takes away any excitement for "good" goals and there is such limited variation in even scrappy or realistic goals.

Also, in the old games, it was so difficult to actually score from distance. There was such a big impact on the shot from stats, body position, proximity of defenders etc that you would rarely take shots in low % positions unless you had the time and on the rare occasion you did and it came off, you knew it was a 1 in 50 goal which looked and felt amazing.

I still strongly believe their inability to program GKs properly are the main contributing factor. The fact animations are still awful and their positioning/reactions poor, prevent them providing us better physics. This is most likely true for outfield players too, remember how often balls bounced off players or were completely ignored when we had some semblance of good ball physics?

When the game was limited in freedom, they understood and refined the game so well, they were able to create a feeling of variation/randomness/freedom through a high number or outcomes dependant on variables. As tech has improved and EA introduced an level of variety and freedom far beyond what Konami have ever done (whether or not you like how it's implemented is irrelevant) Konami have failed to keep up and it shows.
The shooting lacks error/scuff shot like this
They need to understand that even top players can miss shot badly like this
But then online players will get mad if their 100 rated messi scuffed a shot. They need to find the balance between offline and online players

Yeah, that jackson shot is a great example. Right now, if you take a shot under pressure at a tight angle with your weak foot whilst sprinting, it's never flying wide like that. You might as well shoot because it's still probably going on target, maybe just with less power and almost certainly at the keeper but that's not variety. It should more often than not be a shank, force you to find another option or square it, not hope for a rebound or even a goal 7/10 times. It's basic stuff which would add so much more depth to the game.

I would totally buy it. In fact, my upper limit price for PES/eFootball is quite high. Thats because, if there’s a good football video game available, it most likely takes 90% of my gaming time on my PS5. Despite this I haven’t spend a dollar on eFootball because I’ve decided to spend on this game IF and ONLY IF they release offline modes (heck, start with unlocking all teams, difficulties and durations in trial match mode and charge for it too!).

Back
Top Bottom