eFootball (All Platforms)

only major negative is the boring shooting
unfortunately that issue was present in every single recent Pes. They never managed to make shooting more varied and unpredictable.
Playing on manual mitigates the problem, but it never fully disappears

Well, I've played 12 Dream Team games in the last two days and I'm fed up, I'm just bored, that's enough. I'm definitely an offline player and I can't imagine ever committing to this mode constantly.
Well said. My sentiments exactly. This mode just doesn't do it for me. It just feels artificial compared to the more natural progression and internal story building and narrative of Master League.

...the only major negative is the boring shooting. I assume that is easy enough for them to fix and to make looser though
unfortunately that issue was present in every single recent Pes. They never managed to make shooting more varied and unpredictable.
Playing on manual mitigates the problem, but it never fully disappears
Yeah, I don't think it's "easy enough for them to fix".

The ball physics are very simplistic IMO - and that's what has to happen when you're making a game that you can port wholesale to hundreds of devices with all kinds of specs. Plus, shooting has never been great, even in their pre-eFootball games.

I think adding more shot variety would need a new physics model, and I don't think that's ever going to happen.

adding more shot variety would need a new physics model, and I don't think that's ever going to happen
i dont think they need whole new physics.
they could add more variety based on speed/position/curl/body/good-bad leg.
They could just introduce more miss kicks and misses based on all these, the way it used to matter.

..But then you get a problem that 100 rated Mbappe has no right to miss..

Yeah I'm just playing it again now and it plays way better than I remember when I first tried EF24. Great pace to general play, responsive, defending is challenging and fun, positioning, anticipation and decision making are all key, awesome fun and challenging AI that often do things I'm not expecting, well on Top Player anyway, Superstar AI was too quick and perfect for me. Like you say the only major negative is the boring shooting. I assume that is easy enough for them to fix and to make looser though, even when not fully manual.
the problem is that the shooting lacks randomness to the ai shooting which is the biggest issue

Yeah, I don't think it's "easy enough for them to fix".

The ball physics are very simplistic IMO - and that's what has to happen when you're making a game that you can port wholesale to hundreds of devices with all kinds of specs. Plus, shooting has never been great, even in their pre-eFootball games.

I think adding more shot variety would need a new physics model, and I don't think that's ever going to happen.
That s a real shame

i dont think they need whole new physics.
they could add more variety based on speed/position/curl/body/good-bad leg.
They could just introduce more miss kicks and misses based on all these, the way it used to matter.

..But then you get a problem that 100 rated Mbappe has no right to miss..
maybe if they do a relationship between set piece and finishing or come up with new thing like shot acc. it means precision so it can be strong but will not reach the GK because it is right so defender predict it but for me accuracy will decide the type of shot .

Some 2 years old leaked data, a Manchester United locker room and shower, and a plant pot in a desk, not known team affiliated.
And this year is even worse. Usually when new major version is released, there's always news about offline content, this year.... Nothing, not even a tweet about it.

I dont know.... Shooting in PES was a million times better and it remains to be my top problem with eFootball'gameplay...
For me shooting has been a problem since the PS3 era onwards. The PS2 games had so much variety in that department and I don't think any game has matched them since.

Konami could be on to a winner if they pulled their finger out; offline modes and content, as well as better shooting & ball physics would really make the difference. They finally have a solid foundation, but my goodness it is barebones.

Last edited:
I dont know.... Shooting in PES was a million times better and it remains to be my top problem with eFootball'gameplay...
Maybe with mods it was.
Playing full manual on console seem to be the same for me when it comes to shooting.
Altho - I always play with average/weak teams, so my players dont have any fancy traits and special shots. So maybe thats the case.

Anyways - last night I had my first two rage quits from my opponents. Seems like teams full of Messis and Neymars cant take being behind Defaults playing on manual.. :LOL:

Yeah they need to ADD much more ball trajectory output and it's physics in shooting.. consequently much more GK reaction/animation

And also penalty.. i don't understand why they still could not make proper GK animation when it jumps to the wrong side.

and last, this obvious animation skip when GK gets up from making a save. Do you notice that ?

I know the game is free but..

Yeah they need to ADD much more ball trajectory output and it's physics in shooting.. consequently much more GK reaction/animation

And also penalty.. i don't understand why they still could not make proper GK animation when it jumps to the wrong side.

and last, this obvious animation skip when GK gets up from making a save. Do you notice that ?

I know the game is free but..
Yep, noticed that also in the last gaming session with my cousin. But this "feature" is new I guess :D
But there are also some new player animations which I like a lot, e.g. making a header while falling.

In general v3.0.0 makes a lot of fun for me, especially on full manual against the superstar AI it's really challenging! The build up play of the AI is way more mature and creative now. No more tika taka in the own box.
However due to some game elements like fast paced gameplay in general and unprecise ball physics, the game is no simulation at all for me. But that's okay as long as it makes fun.

Especially the adjusted dribbling speed is crazy. Feels sometimes overpowered, but again, that's also a nice try from KONAMI bringing one more element into the game. In previous versions you barely had success with dribbling, they felt more "robotic" like in older PES games.

However there's a lot (a lot!) of room for improvements.

Maybe with mods it was.
Playing full manual on console seem to be the same for me when it comes to shooting.
Altho - I always play with average/weak teams, so my players dont have any fancy traits and special shots. So maybe thats the case.

Anyways - last night I had my first two rage quits from my opponents. Seems like teams full of Messis and Neymars cant take being behind Defaults playing on manual.. :LOL:
Yeah PES21 shooting was decent to me, but with the traits mainly. Jordan Henderson was great at dipping volleys. Scored a beauty with him in a local co-op England World Cup attempt.

I was going to consider EAFC24 this year as I just want to do an up to date career mode, but seeing the videos and gameplay opinions of the trial and beta has put me off. So frustrating EF24 has solid gameplay and offline ai, yet no Master League to sink hours into. I'd happily pay for it to get a career mode again

I am only do not understand what's cost this "so-called win" if cheaters and game exploiters want to win no matter how.
Sometimes during good connect and script give you possibility to control game and you can have "some nice moments" and few minutes later - script changes and "your inputs literally do not matter".
You can play "few heads above" and have good skills "in pressing buttons" but final statistics in match and result in most of times "tell nothing", nothing about real skills, nothing about how one opponent is better then another.

It's "a useless win".

P.S. Thing thing is working in both sides - even when you are know that you are scored because your rival can't to do nothing vs script.

Last edited:
A thing I would like to see (don't know if FIFA/FC have/had this) is the option to move the wall in free kicks, add or remove players (feature already present in PES 2008 and some afterwards) and put a player to make the "crocodile move":
crocodile_wall.jpg

It's quite annoying that this game has some fun gameplay now. I have been playing some Dream team against the AI and have enjoyed it, although the gameplay is way too fast and naturally slowing the game down against the AI would be a crime against nature so it's not allowed. Salah and Nunez especially look like they found a year's supply of speed enhancing drugs and just ingested the whole thing in one go. Playing a Master League with a slowed down version of this gameplay and a difficulty of my choosing would be fun. To bad that is never ever happening.

It's quite annoying that this game has some fun gameplay now. I have been playing some Dream team against the AI and have enjoyed it, although the gameplay is way too fast and naturally slowing the game down against the AI would be a crime against nature so it's not allowed. Salah and Nunez especially look like they found a year's supply of speed enhancing drugs and just ingested the whole thing in one go. Playing a Master League with a slowed down version of this gameplay and a difficulty of my choosing would be fun. To bad that is never ever happening.
You can always set the game speed to "-1" offline, so in the ML this is possible. "-1" feels also good offline against the AI, it's just a matter of taste.

something else :

Remember how in PES 2003 we were able to change all players' abilities by 5 points +/- in 4 number edit mode?

1099 was +5 points,

2099 was -5 points.

I still play it today, 20 years later!

greeting

Back
Top Bottom