eFootball (All Platforms)

there's a decent game under the bonnet here.

I have spent whole morning playing it to see what changed since last time I tried it 2 years ago.

It doesnt feel like a mobile game on console anymore. it has a decent pace and the ball physics has been improved.

After playing few matches against AI I decided to try 'pvp'.
But I went in crazy way. I didnt claimed any gifted players that Konami gave me. I went full default squad, full manual. my best players were 58OVR.

and then it started. each team full of messi's, haaland's, mbappe's..
of course - I didnt stand a chance and was obliderated most of the time. got a draw here and there, but was also destroyed 0:7. their players were stronger, faster and every single one of them was on assisted settings up until the end.

I wonder what were they thinking when they saw me with a default team on full manual. probably thought Im some grampa, who doesnt understand computers and didnt know how to claim the players. if it wasnt bad enough - he thought the higher the pass assist level the more assisted it will be and ended up playing on manual.. poor gramps.. :LOL:

its a real shame this game will not allow you to play with shitty players and have everybody online having unique squads.
It could be real fun to play scrappy football and slowly develop your team.

on a plus side - people I played with didnt do any shitty things, didnt exploit the game, didnt disconnect or acted like pricks.
It was actually quite a pleasant experience, spoiled only by the same pool of players, who didnt give me a chance to compete.

But I think im gonna continue this account. Not claiming any players, not buying any, just playing matches with my shitty team and developing my shitty players when they gather experience points.

Even if it was just to confuse the online crowd and show them that you can play with crap team and not disconnect when you are losing 0:5.

I actually have few questions for those who spent more time in this online weirdness..

1. Can I get more kits? it says I have 2/200 kits. how do I get remaining 198?

2. Do my default players have some contracts I need to extend? can they leave, or will they always be there?

3. Is there a cap for player levels? how much can they grow? Can Jimmy McBob be 99 OVR one day?

there's a decent game under the bonnet here.

I have spent whole morning playing it to see what changed since last time I tried it 2 years ago.

It doesnt feel like a mobile game on console anymore. it has a decent pace and the ball physics has been improved.

After playing few matches against AI I decided to try 'pvp'.
But I went in crazy way. I didnt claimed any gifted players that Konami gave me. I went full default squad, full manual. my best players were 58OVR.

and then it started. each team full of messi's, haaland's, mbappe's..
of course - I didnt stand a chance and was obliderated most of the time. got a draw here and there, but was also destroyed 0:7. their players were stronger, faster and every single one of them was on assisted settings up until the end.

I wonder what were they thinking when they saw me with a default team on full manual. probably thought Im some grampa, who doesnt understand computers and didnt know how to claim the players. if it wasnt bad enough - he thought the higher the pass assist level the more assisted it will be and ended up playing on manual.. poor gramps.. :LOL:

its a real shame this game will not allow you to play with shitty players and have everybody online having unique squads.
It could be real fun to play scrappy football and slowly develop your team.

on a plus side - people I played with didnt do any shitty things, didnt exploit the game, didnt disconnect or acted like pricks.
It was actually quite a pleasant experience, spoiled only by the same pool of players, who didnt give me a chance to compete.

But I think im gonna continue this account. Not claiming any players, not buying any, just playing matches with my shitty team and developing my shitty players when they gather experience points.

Even if it was just to confuse the online crowd and show them that you can play with crap team and not disconnect when you are losing 0:5.

I was quite harsh on it at first, probably because I'd been playing a bit of fifa 23 with os sliders, and the freedom of that game (albeit with all its problems) rather spoiled efootball. And also because efootball still has major failures, both in options, but also shooting physics and player movement.

But on Saturday, I played 5 hours straight. 3 more hours on Sunday.
Yesterday, I played 11pm till midnight.

All the things lacking should not be forgiven. And the shooting physics are just not good enough.

But the flow of the game, the player placement, the ai, the wide range of interactions between players and players and ball, is genuinely surprising.

I had a 6 header game of head tennis in the middle of a match with the cpu. Have never seen that before. You can also clear headers properly now.

Ive had players fall backwards and miss headers, balls skew off the side of a defender's head when trying to clear a ball, defenders back pedalling to head a goal kick away, only to miss the ball totally, or be challenged by a striker and just fall down under the pressure of the challenge. I've seen konate desperately try and beat a player to a cross into the box at the near post, and barely get anything onto the ball, just getting it behind for a corner.

Also small deflections of the ball in midfield, which change the direction of the ball by only a few degrees. Havent seen it done quite as well before.

I've seen Kephran Thuram charging through the opposition midfield, the ball bounce up, and ricochet between ground and knees repertedly as he dribbled forward. He looked very clumsy, but very impressive and real. Almost how Darwin Nunez stumbles his way through players. The fact I was controlling him made it more satisfying.

The way the game opens up and contracts is also impressing me. Moments where Mbappe, Griezmann and Dembele are absolutely tearing at at a backline, but then times when the midfield totally closes up, and I have to pass back to my goalie. I've also forced the cpu to do that, actually pressing as they pass the ball across their back line, until they knocked it out of play. I know this has been in games before, but it felt more specific in nature.

The range of cpu attacking patterns is surprising too. I cant often predict where there'll go next, but only 20% of the time does it feel unfair.

I'm almost starting to feel some player individuality, especially on shooting, through balls and long balls. And strength too.

The longer I play, I'm finding more and more ways to attack. That's quite surprising as mostly to this point, efootball has been predictable in teammate runs etc.

The moment I've been most impressed with is when as france, I won possession from a spain midfielder about 10 yards outside Spain's box, in line with the left edge of their area.
When I won it, about 6 players swarmed me, in a proper pressing pattern, and I had to pass very quickly, to somehow escape the press. I was literally surrounded.

I recognise that longer playing sessions condition you to a game. And mainly, my complements are limited to ai behaviour and positioning. But the ground passing physics also look, sound and feel reasonably good, espcially when you are zipping it between players through midfield, not to make progress, but to evade the press.

Pitch and player graphics on pc also look genuinely good on around 60% of stadiums.

So lots of faults still. But a few core things that I'm really enjoying. Still only 50% on the pitch, but what it does well, it does very well.

There are clearly some very talented developers at konami. Shame they're so badly underfunded.

few core things that I'm really enjoying. Still only 50% on the pitch, but what it does well, it does very well.
Thats the thing. im not claiming The King is back, or that this is now the Next Gen we were all waiting for. No.
But all the basics of football are there, unlike in Fifa(s).

And to compare it to the Joke that came out two years ago - they made a decent progress.
It plays more or less like Pes21 now.

The pace was the biggest surprise for me. Its the slowest "Pes" I have played in recent years, maybe ever.
To think that the game made for eSport fast finger crowd plays like this is quite a shock.

I wouldnt even mind this being Online Only if teams were more unique. I honestly dont understand how is it fun for people to beat Messi with Messi, in order to progress to the next division, where they gonna face Messi after Messi after Messi...🤷‍♂️

But hey - for a once in a while football itch scratcher - that will do me.
...with my shitty players obviously. coz they're awesome!

What I have the most fun with is a RTG account without using xp trainers and only using players that start with lvl1 (no maxed out POTWs).

It's a real and fun journey seeing your team improve from standard squad to 70, 80 and finally 90 rated players.
Also you have to make decisions when you get a new player because he starts at lvl1 again. His end overall might be 90+ but are you willing to put a current 88 on the bench for this 81?

Thats the thing. im not claiming The King is back, or that this is now the Next Gen we were all waiting for. No.
But all the basics of football are there, unlike in Fifa(s).

And to compare it to the Joke that came out two years ago - they made a decent progress.
It plays more or less like Pes21 now.

The pace was the biggest surprise for me. Its the slowest "Pes" I have played in recent years, maybe ever.
To think that the game made for eSport fast finger crowd plays like this is quite a shock.

I wouldnt even mind this being Online Only if teams were more unique. I honestly dont understand how is it fun for people to beat Messi with Messi, in order to progress to the next division, where they gonna face Messi after Messi after Messi...🤷‍♂️

But hey - for a once in a while football itch scratcher - that will do me.
...with my shitty players obviously. coz they're awesome!

Sure, i agree. It's not next gen, but does some things well.

Try playing with j league teams. The game plays really quite well with them. A bit like the default dream team players. Smooth, balanced, scruffy.

No master league but at least some fun to be had
i actually started having fun when I realised that Im getting to know my default players a bit better and I know who can run, who is stronger and who can shoot. well.. sort of.. they are all crap, but the key is - who is a bit less crap where.. :LOL:

I was quite harsh on it at first, probably because I'd been playing a bit of fifa 23 with os sliders, and the freedom of that game (albeit with all its problems) rather spoiled efootball. And also because efootball still has major failures, both in options, but also shooting physics and player movement.

But on Saturday, I played 5 hours straight. 3 more hours on Sunday.
Yesterday, I played 11pm till midnight.

All the things lacking should not be forgiven. And the shooting physics are just not good enough.

But the flow of the game, the player placement, the ai, the wide range of interactions between players and players and ball, is genuinely surprising.

I had a 6 header game of head tennis in the middle of a match with the cpu. Have never seen that before. You can also clear headers properly now.

Ive had players fall backwards and miss headers, balls skew off the side of a defender's head when trying to clear a ball, defenders back pedalling to head a goal kick away, only to miss the ball totally, or be challenged by a striker and just fall down under the pressure of the challenge. I've seen konate desperately try and beat a player to a cross into the box at the near post, and barely get anything onto the ball, just getting it behind for a corner.

Also small deflections of the ball in midfield, which change the direction of the ball by only a few degrees. Havent seen it done quite as well before.

I've seen Kephran Thuram charging through the opposition midfield, the ball bounce up, and ricochet between ground and knees repertedly as he dribbled forward. He looked very clumsy, but very impressive and real. Almost how Darwin Nunez stumbles his way through players. The fact I was controlling him made it more satisfying.

The way the game opens up and contracts is also impressing me. Moments where Mbappe, Griezmann and Dembele are absolutely tearing at at a backline, but then times when the midfield totally closes up, and I have to pass back to my goalie. I've also forced the cpu to do that, actually pressing as they pass the ball across their back line, until they knocked it out of play. I know this has been in games before, but it felt more specific in nature.

The range of cpu attacking patterns is surprising too. I cant often predict where there'll go next, but only 20% of the time does it feel unfair.

I'm almost starting to feel some player individuality, especially on shooting, through balls and long balls. And strength too.

The longer I play, I'm finding more and more ways to attack. That's quite surprising as mostly to this point, efootball has been predictable in teammate runs etc.

The moment I've been most impressed with is when as france, I won possession from a spain midfielder about 10 yards outside Spain's box, in line with the left edge of their area.
When I won it, about 6 players swarmed me, in a proper pressing pattern, and I had to pass very quickly, to somehow escape the press. I was literally surrounded.

I recognise that longer playing sessions condition you to a game. And mainly, my complements are limited to ai behaviour and positioning. But the ground passing physics also look, sound and feel reasonably good, espcially when you are zipping it between players through midfield, not to make progress, but to evade the press.

Pitch and player graphics on pc also look genuinely good on around 60% of stadiums.

So lots of faults still. But a few core things that I'm really enjoying. Still only 50% on the pitch, but what it does well, it does very well.

There are clearly some very talented developers at konami. Shame they're so badly underfunded.
Out of interest what game mode/length and difficulty are you playing?

Out of interest what game mode/length and difficulty are you playing?

I am playing only exhibition matches for now. May go back to dream vs AI after a while.

I find international matches play best. I think they always did on pes, didnt they?

10 minutes. Superstar. Summer night, or rainy day.
I've started to choose long and dry grass, to slow the game a bit. Better than reducing game speed I think.

What I basically do is from all the GP buy a real squad like for example Everton and then slowly develop them through XP earned in matches.

No master league but at least some fun to be had with trial matches

Nice! I was thinking of doing this with a different club.

How much money do you need? Do all the apologies add up to a premier league squad's worth? Could Konami's apologies even amount to a Boehly's worth of players? (Not that I'd ever, ever build a Chelsea squad).
At least there's a semblance of having a real team to play with I suppose.

I actually have few questions for those who spent more time in this online weirdness..

1. Can I get more kits? it says I have 2/200 kits. how do I get remaining 198?

2. Do my default players have some contracts I need to extend? can they leave, or will they always be there?

3. Is there a cap for player levels? how much can they grow? Can Jimmy McBob be 99 OVR one day?
Not too experienced in the game, but I'll try to answer.

1. I believe more classic kits are unlocked when you buy specific packs. I believe I've seen old Man Utd 99, Japan 2010 & I think Brazil 2002 kits in the game?

2. I've had player contracts expire and I can't use them anymore. There is contract extensions, but I've no idea how to get these tbh.

3. Players have a level system which limits their max OVR. E.g. A 72 OVR player maxed out will be 91 OVR, and a 63 OVR can go up to 87 OVR. I feel they've changed that slightly, as I had a standard S. Nakamura, but couldn't get him past 79 OVR

Nice! I was thinking of doing this with a different club.

How much money do you need? Do all the apologies add up to a premier league squad's worth? Could Konami's apologies even amount to a Boehly's worth of players? (Not that I'd ever, ever build a Chelsea squad).
At least there's a semblance of having a real team to play with I suppose.
Actually you don't need to much since the normal cards are rather cheap. Don't know if all the apologies add up but for example you can get the normal Newcastle squad relatively cheap on the market since they don't put much GP on those players.

And then just play events with the team.

It is no master league and it sucks that you have to build a single player experience yourself but it does work for some fun days with the game.

When I levelled up the squad I usually have enough GP to either do it with the next one or do some transfers (being new players in with GP I think are realistic.)

Actually you don't need to much since the normal cards are rather cheap. Don't know if all the apologies add up but for example you can get the normal Newcastle squad relatively cheap on the market since they don't put much GP on those players.

And then just play events with the team.

It is no master league and it sucks that you have to build a single player experience yourself but it does work for some fun days with the game.

When I levelled up the squad I usually have enough GP to either do it with the next one or do some transfers (being new players in with GP I think are realistic.)

That's fantastic thank you.

Pretty cool that some of us have been having the same idea about how to create a single player mode for ourselves.

I went back to the game after 6 months and players without contract were still there, I could extend their contracts using tickets and use them during the game so I assume they gonna be with you forever <3 (unless you convert them into GP)

Just wanted to share/highlight a shadow problem i recently discovered.

For example, summer evening matches, where the sun is low, and there is some sunlight on the turf, there should be long shadows cast by the on field players. I noticed in the default upower stadium, which has lovely evening light, does not have the long shadows from players.. only objects around the stadium.
20230807203600_1.jpg

Further, with sports park, the same issue, but i discovered the proper long shadows (cast by players) are present in replay mode in certain views. Never present in gameplay view or replay far view. eg.

Doesnt show in gameplay view (as it should) or replay far view:
Screenshot 2023-09-20 191232.png Screenshot 2023-09-20 192404.png

But it is present, when the same scene is in replay view:

Screenshot 2023-09-20 191143.pngScreenshot 2023-09-20 191207.pngScreenshot 2023-09-20 191057.png

These look great. Jeez, upower and sports park would look so much better and realistic if those long shadows cast by players existed during gameplay views.

Btw, I do set my graphics to the highest, but im wondering if a gpu setting (AMD software) may help???

Last edited:
What I basically do is from all the GP buy a real squad like for example Everton and then slowly develop them through XP earned in matches.

No master league but at least some fun to be had with trial matches

That's probably what I'll do if EAFC turns out the way I expect it to. And after 3 years of PES 2021 it get's more than just a little boring...

Do you know if it's possible to have 2 or more teams in the Dream Team mode as it was in MyClub (as far as I know)? So that I can leave my team as it is and build a new one from scratch?

That's probably what I'll do if EAFC turns out the way I expect it to. And after 3 years of PES 2021 it get's more than just a little boring...

Do you know if it's possible to have 2 or more teams in the Dream Team mode as it was in MyClub (as far as I know)? So that I can leave my team as it is and build a new one from scratch?
Basically you can save different gameplans and switch the team name and kits anytime. That's how I have multiple teams since you can have 500 players.

So each team is a gameplan

Basically you can save different gameplans and switch the team name and kits anytime. That's how I have multiple teams since you can have 500 players.

So each team is a gameplan

Great.

So...I could build liverpool, then have different names and kits for madrid, Bilbao, dortmund, etc?

Can you play with this dreamteam offline still?

its gonna be the same team tho. with the same players. just different kits if you swap "base team" in settings.

on consoles:

if you want to have two teams with two different sets of players - you need another PS5/Xbox account and have separate team on each.

when it comes to kits - there's only handful of proper kits in the game. most teams have generic crappy kits and Dortmund is not even in the game, unless modded.

as for playing Dream Team offline - there are events against AI.
Im currently just playing English Teams event that picks random english team to play against.

The good thing is that you can pick every difficulty in the events, which is impossible to do in Authentic Teams Offline Trial Match (you only have regular and superstar there)

Actually I'm doing the same thing you guys are talking about. But I'm trying to build some sort of Japanese dream team. When I'm done I'm gone go out into the wild (online pvp) and get hammered, looking forward to it!

its gonna be the same team tho. with the same players. just different kits if you swap "base team" in settings.

on consoles:

if you want to have two teams with two different sets of players - you need another PS5/Xbox account and have separate team on each.

when it comes to kits - there's only handful of proper kits in the game. most teams have generic crappy kits and Dortmund is not even in the game, unless modded.

Im currently just playing English Teams event that picks random english team to play against.

The good thing is that you can pick every difficulty in the events, which is impossible to do in Authentic Teams Offline Trial Match (you only have regular and superstar there)
Yes same team just since your Player Pool I think is 500, you can basically create different Gameplans and Save them, which basically are my squads. So far I have Milan, Manchester, Newcastle and Everton.

For Manchester I actually allow one legend card as it can be fun to play with legends as long as not the full team are just legends.

And then also the AI events with difficulty of my choice.

Sad thing is it shows you even how fun just a simple tournament mode could be.

on consoles:

You dont need a new account to have different sets of player. You can just collect them or buy them with GP and place them in the different gameplan slots with their own teams and kits. I think that's what @FShas was referring to. Being able to create Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bilbao, etc, and build the corresponding sets of players and gameplans. You can do that with the same account :)

on consoles:

Are you sure? MyClub was not like this. You had the 18 players amd around 200 reservese, now are 500 people said. In your players pool

I mean what prevents you from swapping players from reserves with players in your main roster and have different team .

IE you have 18 players of Liverpool in tour active gameplan, and 18 Inter Players in the reserves. You swap out the Liverpool players, bring in the Inter players, and now you pretend you "have" Inter. Is this changed?

The only purpose you need a second account, is for separate match record history, W-D-L, if Dream Team keeps such records.

Back
Top Bottom