eFootball (All Platforms)

Moment for joke (or not ...)

e-Football-Plus-Subscription.jpg

Moment for joke (or not ...)

e-Football-Plus-Subscription.jpg
"Game Changers" is a big problem in the game they should do something about it . We used to players loose strength now players don't loose strength and focus it means with 0 stamina still run on the right path still well positioned on field still right calling the ball and this for that type of players when a dribble movement can make you loose stamina a jump should too a tackle even if it is shoulder type this is how stamina should interact with other players stats and it should sometimes affect the awareness of the player too the game can't predict and the player too if its for ex a one shot run without stamina it fail or not there is no next time at least like that .
The stamina is acting like how much the player controlled the game player .

"Game Changers" is a big problem in the game they should do something about it . We used to players loose strength now players don't loose strength and focus it means with 0 stamina still run on the right path still well positioned on field still right calling the ball and this for that type of players when a dribble movement can make you loose stamina a jump should too a tackle even if it is shoulder type this is how stamina should interact with other players stats and it should sometimes affect the awareness of the player too the game can't predict and the player too if its for ex a one shot run without stamina it fail or not there is no next time at least like that .
The stamina is acting like how much the player controlled the game player .
Honestly i do not want to be rude, but i am still do not understand how even it's possible to protect this "pile of shit", trying to find something good (fly in the ointment).

P.S. I was played enought time in game to know what i am talking about, and how it's can be if developers wanted to do "at least something more or less playable".
On some previous iterations (builds of game) gaming process non comparable with current.

Honestly i do not want to be rude, but i am still do not understand how even it's possible to protect this "pile of shit", trying to find something good (fly in the ointment).

P.S. I was played enought time in game to know what i am talking about, and how it's can be if developers wanted to do "at least something more or less playable".
On some previous iterations (builds of game) gaming process non comparable with current.
Even if you can the game still miss the good feedbacks you can compare what most of people criticized about the game that time and now they have the same opinions but still taste things and useless even people who did not played the game followed that weak wave .
What i wanted to tell you, yes it is like that it is choice and it feels like waste of time so it will be why i will talk ? then why i will keep playing then ?
I hope that what i talked about specially what most of people did push you to talk from dev pov, the game is good but need to resist vs trendy mobile things and pushed to evolve as a football simulation game and with that dribbling movement from the start many players told that it is something so what can happen is for real throwing that core things by a weak error that can happen for ex is like the game become faster .

I think your misremembering mate, I was literally playing it this morning (PS4) A.I shooting from distance, players activating runs, AI trying different ways of attacking from long ball, to out wide.
im talking about the scoring pattern variation for cpu, it s always repetitive goals, and same shot placement , which plagues the pes for long time, the shot placement there isn t much variation in that, the ball is always top corner right or left, never middle, never close to post, or 20 cm from post, it s either, top corner or hit the post , the other game have much more variation in the trajectory of each shot which become goals, this is the interpretation i always try to explain, about that main thing that pes need to add to their matrix of shot variations for cpu

Gameplay overall is more like real football. Sadly player switching and pass target locking somehow is worse however.

As for online there is even a much bigger gap between regular cards and boosted cards. You barely can move on the pitch vs those special cards now, they like 10 times faster.
I'm afraid to even ask what this means but here we go. You're telling me players can get even BETTER now lol? So there is players rated above 100 now? Why stop there? If I pay up maybe one of my players can be like that bullet in Mario kart that just drives right through everyone! Take note Konami!

Went back to it this morning. Couple of Events v AI. Outside of beating Barca 15-0 in that debut challenge, I lot both games on Top Player in the Starter event. Yet, I had a bit more enjoyment. I then tried AC Milan v Lazio on Superstar in Trial Match, and lost 2-1, but I didn't have any of the frustrations I had the last time I played this update. I feel like if we had even a very basic edit mode purely to add images for kits and edit faces, with all teams and options unlocked, I think I could find some kind of enjoyment in this game. Any football game I play, I usually just do exhibition match after exhibition match anyway.

But as is always the way, we're so close, yet so far

It's crazy how much better lighting and shading was, PES 2017!
View attachment 235973
This certainly does not look better than the EF24 that I've been playing, in terms of lighting and turf. Mind you, I am using Endo's new mod which makes a big difference. Was this pes2017 with a mod?? I think overall, vanilla version, PES2019 had the best lighting and turf. But with Mods, the best most varied looking lighting/turf effects can be found with PES2021.

Yesterday I applied Endo's newest lighting/turf mod for EF2024, and i can say (based on the limited stadiums i tried out), it looks amazing.. as good as modded PES2021. Thanks ENDO!!!!

Last edited:
... Good point re shadows need improvement. Player shadows particularly around the players foot needs to be more prominent... As does the shadow of the ball rolling and making contact with ground.. Lack of shadow makes ball look kinda out of place... Also the shadow whilst ball is in air needs sorting... The shadow is too big for the ball size and stays same size regardless of how close the bal is to the ground. This and nets have somehow been left behind for a fix later down the track... No priority lol

This certainly does not look better than the EF24 that I've been playing, in terms of lighting and turf. Mind you, I am using Endo's new mod which makes a big difference. Was this pes2017 with a mod?? I think overall, vanilla version, PES2019 had the best lighting and turf. But with Mods, the best most varied looking lighting/turf effects can be found with PES2021.

Yesterday I applied Endo's newest lighting/turf mod for EF2024, and i can say (based on the limited stadiums i tried out), it looks amazing.. as good as modded PES2021. Thanks ENDO!!!!
PES 21 looks miles better on my steam deck docked on the same TV(Now has HDR) that Efootball24 looks on my PS5 - by a mile

I play EF24 on my pc on highest settings (plus Endo's latest visual enhancing mod - visuals effects, lighting, turf texture), and it looks miles better than the version on my ps5.. PC (a good pc with top notch gpu/cpu) is the best way to play ef24. Ive only still got my ps5 due to psvr2 which ill be getting one of these days. Wont be playing ef24 on this console.

When i get a chance to play next, ill have to take some screen shots to show how it compares to that pes2017 pic posted earlier.

Now.. PES2021, particularly modded, is a different story.. I got that game to look amazing. Even got to the point where i could have shadows of the 2nd half (of a summer evening match) move to any time period of my choosing, instead of the default summer evening game that has long shadows and great evening lighting in the first half, and under full floodlights in the 2nd half.

Cant wait to be able to modify sun position etc. for ef24.

Even if game is improved, still the best parts of it are actual squads, stats and faces. Move that to the PES 2019 and I will give you full price. Gameplay too much automated. The whole thing is so... lifeless.

That was PES2017 straight from Steam last night. Not even with any OF. Highest graphic settings @ 1440p at Saitama 2OO2 Stadium (Day, Summer, Fine). I'll edit this reply with a screenshot from exact same location at exact same time and weather in eF24.
Endo makes quality work we're grateful for, but he can not (nobody can) overhaul the whole crappy lighting and shading engine Konami did to make eF run on mobile phones.

Guys how to setup ef 24 on pc, i have input lag it s locked to 60 fps even if u limit fps to 100 in rtss, still locked to 60 fps, vsync is on

View attachment 235973

That was PES2017 straight from Steam last night. Not even with any OF. Highest graphic settings @ 1440p at Saitama 2OO2 Stadium (Day, Summer, Fine). I'll edit this reply with a screenshot from exact same location at exact same time and weather in eF24.
Endo makes quality work we're grateful for, but he can not (nobody can) overhaul the whole crappy lighting and shading engine Konami did to make eF run on mobile phones.

Ok
So this is eF24 Saitama 2OO2 (Day, Summer, Fine) on Highest Settings @ 1440p (144fps) on my PC (see my system specs in signature, basically 13700K 3080Ti and 32GB DDR5) WITH Endo EvoMod Update 1 installed (which no doubt improves eF graphics, VS my previous image from PES2017 (naked to the bone straight from Steam). I am not sure how PES2017 certainly does not look better than eF24!
I just want to make a point here, yes I like many aspects of eF like animations, probably ball physics, AI, but the HUGE level of downgrade in graphics, content, tactical setup, presentation, menus, player ID, team ID, etc. etc. is SO MUCH to digest. Moreover their continued ignorance to what their classic players want, offline modes. It is an insult to all loyal PES fans!
20230918234307_1.jpg
20230918234443_1.jpg20230918234733_1.jpg

20230918013435_1.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 235973

Game still nowhere near optimized. Some things have improved but overall there's still no love for the game graphically as the focus again is still esports/P2E and that crowd are satisfied with a handful of official uniforms and perfect faces for Messi/CR7/Neymar/Mbappe etc...

It's clear from launch they wanted a build to be able to be played from mobile up until PS5 so locking the resolution at a base to 1280X720 on PC across all devices with downscaling and upscaling on consoles was the plan. Since launch 2 years ago now there has been no signs of change to this.

PES 2017 was a decent, average game even back in 2017 graphically but looks better than efootball 2023 because there was the standard care given to it to run properly in 1080i/p 1920X1080 resolution as standard and 4K possibilities so all the offline content in leagues cups CL, ACL, Libertadores etc..

No offline content seems to lead to the bare minimum of official kits and stadiums looking nice and that's it. Its absolutely pathetic from Konami 2 years and its still a demo.

Ok
So this is eF24 Saitama 2OO2 (Day, Summer, Fine) on Highest Settings @ 1440p (144fps) on my PC (see my system specs in signature, basically 13700K 3080Ti and 32GB DDR5) WITH Endo EvoMod Update 1 installed (which no doubt improves eF graphics, VS my previous image from PES2017 (naked to the bone straight from Steam). I am not sure how PES2017 certainly does not look better than eF24!
I just want to make a point here, yes I like many aspects of eF like animations, probably ball physics, AI, but the HUGE level of downgrade in graphics, content, formation setup, presentation, menus, etc. etc. is SO MUCH to digest. Moreover their continued ignorance to what their classic players want, offline modes. It is an insult to all loyal PES fans!
View attachment 236110
View attachment 236108View attachment 236109

View attachment 236111
In your example, sure pes17's 'out of the box' daytime saitama looks better than ef24's ... and totally agree with the fact that ef2024 could be way more optimized by default, but its not, and Konami should have put way more effort into this, particularly considering its a current game.

Not to discredit you, as i agree with you example, but so much of how the game looks has to do with so many variables/factors like one's own settings (within the actual game: contrast and brightness, which i never have on default 50/50 settings..) as well as gpu settings, and then there are the contrast/brightness settings on ones screen used. Overall, in the previous PES's like ef24 and pes2021 for example, the default settings are way too bright.
Also, Ive never really used Saitama, but will give a go to see how it looks on my screen. Ill get some screen shots, evening, night and day from various stadiums. Not sticking up for Konami, as they have been disgraceful with their optimization with lighting/turf/texturing, but I do know certain stadiums have had more work/optimisations then others. Ill try posting some examples in next few post... just to show it aint all that bad :)

In your example, sure pes17's 'out of the box' daytime saitama looks better than ef24's ... and totally agree with the fact that ef2024 could be way more optimized by default, but its not, and Konami should have put way more effort into this, particularly considering its a current game.

Not to discredit you, as i agree with you example, but so much of how the game looks has to do with so many variables/factors like one's own settings (within the actual game: contrast and brightness, which i never have on default 50/50 settings..) as well as gpu settings, and then there are the contrast/brightness settings on ones screen used. Overall, in the previous PES's like ef24 and pes2021 for example, the default settings are way too bright.
Also, Ive never really used Saitama, but will give a go to see how it looks on my screen. Ill get some screen shots, evening, night and day from various stadiums. Not sticking up for Konami, as they have been disgraceful with their optimization with lighting/turf/texturing, but I do know certain stadiums have had more work/optimisations then others. Ill try posting some examples in next few post... just to show it aint all that bad :)
Some stadiums look good and some look bad. I like to play in as roma/lazio stadium it looks the best for me. Also monza stadium has pleasant grass tone, the newer fake stadiums also has nice grass color to them. I found that saitama stadium has very flat pitch texture. I hate old trafford during day time it looks washout and toxic yellowish during night

Yes some stadiums look good, some not so, in terms of lighting, turf texture, etc. But the good ones, im definitely happy with... big thing for me, and what makes things look more pleasing to the eye to me, is turning down the brightness and increasing contrast. I think i do 70ish contrast, and 25ish for brightness on the Konami settings. Plus some settings in AMD like increasing coolness etc.. but thats for personal taste. The fact that I have to play around with the settings is telling on how bad some default settings are... or should i say, not suited to my screen, visual environment by default. Also, generally the closer the cam view, the better the grass will look in terms of detailed texture.

I do reckon Saitama looks pretty crap compared to other stadiums in EF24.. and yes, roma/lazio stadiums look good. Here are some screenshots i just took..not sure what resolution steam makes these, but here are a few:

20230807203600_1.jpg20230820222124_1.jpg20230919152830_1.jpg20230919152925_1.jpg20230919153846_1.jpg20230919154022_1.jpg20230919154031_2.jpg20230919160620_1.jpg

... Also, looking back at these pics, i do agree (and this has been the case with pes20/21), that day matches dont look as good as evening or night matches in terms of lighting/turf. The shadow areas look ok, but not the sunlit areas.. needs to be more green..and again, for me, i prefer the darker green look.... maybe not the most realistic. I guess thats the point as well.. its all subjective.

Attachments

• 20230919161225_1.jpg
    20230919161225_1.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 51
Even if you can the game still miss the good feedbacks you can compare what most of people criticized about the game that time and now they have the same opinions but still taste things and useless even people who did not played the game followed that weak wave .
What i wanted to tell you, yes it is like that it is choice and it feels like waste of time so it will be why i will talk ? then why i will keep playing then ?
I hope that what i talked about specially what most of people did push you to talk from dev pov, the game is good but need to resist vs trendy mobile things and pushed to evolve as a football simulation game and with that dribbling movement from the start many players told that it is something so what can happen is for real throwing that core things by a weak error that can happen for ex is like the game become faster .

Don't get me wrong, i am not a hater of game.
I am just want to say that they have money (from this cash-cow) and possibilites (using base of PES series) to make a soccer game with "pleasurable game experience" even with some kind rigged restrictions linked with mobile and current development strategy, but they chose "such quick cheap way".
And even i call this game bad - sometimes happen "wow moments" and all agree (i think) that it has potential (if someone will be moving in this direction).

Scripting is not only "slightly obvious", but "hardly blatant".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom