eFootball (All Platforms)

So, I tried Efoo first time since PES2021. My expectations were low but Jesus Christ!

Players are literally skating. Animations and their transitions are broken. Blurring picture, disgusting nets, terrible shadows... Visuals are godawful! Menus is epitome of non-usability. Cards (shit they sacrificed everything for) have low resolution...

Just what the fuck is this???

View attachment 235020

Just compare it with PES19, 5 years old game:

Unbeliveable!
robotic dribble movements bad shots and some floating that was the game from 2017 a little bit to 2019

Maybe it feels like that because animations are two times faster.
Thats the thing.. This isn't the case for me. Plays slower for me than both pes2021 and pes2019. Could be system your are playing on.. Could be many things. For instance, it definitely feels slower on my beast of a gaming pc (amd 7900xtx + 7800x3d) when compared to my ps5. Feels better on my pc. And.. More over each game feels different in terms of speed.. Some seem slower, some faster regardless of teams and emotions used. Its Konami internal code mystery sometimes lol

.. I reckon its more a case that ef24 uses more animation frames per move, filling in gaps, making movement smoother..and more 360 degree like... particularly when compared to pes2021/20/19 etc, which is quite robotic looking and feeling in comparison...

Framerate is fixed at 30 fps (or I missed this option. Earlier it was located in settings.exe). So I didn't notice smoothness you are talking about. It was stattering mess. The game looks like shit but needs higher requirements. Modern programming at its best...

I agree PES20/21 was robotic. But PES19 is stunning in terms of movement and dribbling. And skating was reduced to the minimun. Playing eFoo right after PES19 is a torture!

Last edited:
You are doing this game favor by comparing it with recent Pes games. Just compare it with Pes 2014, then you will see real advancements in terms of player movements, dribbling, graphics etc. This video is almost 10 years old, just crazy to think what could we have if this vision preserved...

I didn't see much differences with PES19, tbh. Just look for the same PES19 compilations.

But I see a pattern here. PES14 and PES19 were horrible mess at release, that's why many people rejected them.
Still as a KB player (yes, I'm oldfashioned xD) I've never felt so much freedom as in PES19. Maybe in PES5 only ))

Every previous pes had its pros and cons.. never the complete (best at everything version). For me PES2021 is the most complete - when heavily modded.
I just see the huge potential in ef2024.. and hope to god (the super modder type of gods lurking in here), that this game can be unlocked and enhanced to the modding levels of pes2021..

its mad how good a dream team you can assemble just by claiming all the startup bonuses. whats the point!
I must have about 2 million GP just from admin messages since launch. Even then I've brought about 5 players with it and the rest I've acquired through free agents etc.

I think they must've wanted as many active players to impress/appease the board or investors and making star players accessible for free probably helps with retention of users.

I don't know, just a theory.

Framerate is fixed at 30 fps (or I missed this option. Earlier it was located in settings.exe). So I didn't notice smoothness you are talking about. It was stattering mess. The game looks like shit but needs higher requirements. Modern programming at its best...

I agree PES20/21 was robotic. But PES19 is stunning in terms of movement and dribbling. And skating was reduced to the minimun. Playing eFoo right after PES19 is a torture!
You're the best guy to answer this. I still have the PES19 PS4 demo and play it, I think it's fantastic. I don't remember the full game being quite as good. Was it?

You are doing this game favor by comparing it with recent Pes games. Just compare it with Pes 2014, then you will see real advancements in terms of player movements, dribbling, graphics etc. This video is almost 10 years old, just crazy to think what could we have if this vision preserved...

OK, this looks great, I want to play this! I assume it's not vanilla PES14. So how do we get this gameplay?

You're the best guy to answer this. I still have the PES19 PS4 demo and play it, I think it's fantastic. I don't remember the full game being quite as good. Was it?

Of course, it has its own flaws but I can forgive everything for that physics and dribbling.

That's why the only thing I liked in Efoo 2024 - they bring back PES19 feints system.

Download the FPS Unlocker:
https://evoweb.uk/threads/fps-unlock-patch-3-0.88865/

In your pictures it looks like you play on the wrong resolution.
Change high DPI compatibility settings:
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/E...ution_is_locked_to_720p_.28FullScreen_Mode.29

Check your ingame Settings:
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/EFootball_2024#/media/File:Efootball2022settings.jpg

If you like the look of PES, i also recommend the HGU Patch for you:
https://evoweb.uk/threads/high-graphics-unlocked-for-efootball-3-0-high-ultra-graphics-addon.89243/
(Only HGU, nothing else)
It removes some stupid graphical effects and makes the screen much cleaner.

Maybe the game looks decent for you now 😉

While PES2021 will easily stay my game of choice for the time being, at least I can now envision a possible tipping point in a year or two where eFootball could make it hard to look back due to its improved AI, enhanced fluidity, responsiveness, and realistic ball physics. There is a foundation here, a very very thin foundation. If Konami had released the current product as a demo in 2021 it might have been only rather disappointing and not the total disaster it was.

While PES2021 will easily stay my game of choice for the time being, at least I can now envision a possible tipping point in a year or two where eFootball could make it hard to look back due to its improved AI, enhanced fluidity, responsiveness, and realistic ball physics. There is a foundation here, a very very thin foundation. If Konami had released the current product as a demo in 2021 it might have been only rather disappointing and not the total disaster it was.

I feel like if they just added proper ball physics, they'd have my vote (gameplay would still be problematic, but scoring would be fun).

I still play PES 2017, picked it up for 50p from CEX after PES2021, it is head and shoulders above anything since, AI are varied, feels like your playing against your mate, the animations and possible ways of playing are brilliant.

Played 3 years of ML with Leicester. Beat Bayern in CL final,but never won the league.

I would literally be screaming a running around the room when I scored/won. Only game since pes 6 thay did for me.

You're tempting me to visit cex too...!

Game resolution is locked to 720p (FullScreen Mode)

giphy.gif

I chose PSG vs PSG (via the unlock teams usual Mod), and sat back, made sure my GK was my assigned in control player, and see Neymar (still at PSG in this) actually, as a CPU AI player, attempt a Rainbow Flick !

Was stunned, have only seen FIFA CPU AI setup in the past to attempt this. So it seems not only do we have the CPU AI doing flair, organically skilled dribbles now with contextual skills being used all the while, but Konami have put Rainbow Flick, which if implemented to look organically different, the timing, the ball angle etc, each time they attempt it, into the CPU AI. That for me is wonderful.

To those finding it not smooth, I play at 8k resolution on an RTX 4090, and cannot stoop down to 4K anymore as its just so low resolution for me these days (8K @60fps+ in most games so no questions as to why I play at 8K), and it does struggle a bit, but for me, even with some slowdowns, the detail at 8K is immense.

Not only the Rainbow Flick, but Neymar is coded now in EF24 to do his plethora of tricks that he generally attempts. This really is becoming damn good, especially with the organicness (have I mentioned its organic yet?.......) of the overall play from the CPU AI.

For me, modes, Major League and all the rest, not interested, the core gameplay albeit locked out for non-PC gamers, is in this now, its just down to Konami to start charging for the modes they finally introduce to at least start making some money from us, its too easy to forget this thing is free.............

Did I say that out loud?

I didn't see much differences with PES19, tbh. Just look for the same PES19 compilations.

But I see a pattern here. PES14 and PES19 were horrible mess at release, that's why many people rejected them.
Still as a KB player (yes, I'm oldfashioned xD) I've never felt so much freedom as in PES19. Maybe in PES5 only ))
Im playing quite a bit of PES 2014 ML and vs 19, which on the ball is amazing i still think 14 is so much better, just like 17, and what they have in common vs 19 is an AI that feels like youre playing a HUM player, especially 17.
I played Pes 19 like a year and a half a go and loved attacking but once the CPU got hold of it and started repeating its only trick, low crosses it died for me.
Sadly, it had so much promise.
Think that cluster of PES games (17-18-19) had so much potential, but 17 came out the winner for me.
And how often didnt we curse them back then, now...we have efootball!
What a shit show thats been

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom