eFootball (All Platforms)

It's fine, we all have different standards. I've had a lot of fun with this and had a lot of old-fashioned out-my-seat moments that looked really really good and one of the most important things to me is this game is very responsive and pleasant to control. I've had 3 fatiguing years of PES 2021 and it's tank-like dribbling and lungey/stridey player movement as well as dumb as-rock AI, This is a massive breath of fresh air and a lot of fun for me.

Of course, I'm strictly talking about gameplay here. The content and presentation is beating a dead horse by this point and there's nothing that can be said that hasn't already been said before.
fair enough mate, i respect your opinions and your content over the years has been brilliant so don't think I am trying to say you are wrong, it's just disappointing for me that i can't extract the same enjoyment from it

fair enough mate, i respect your opinions and your content over the years has been brilliant so don't think I am trying to say you are wrong, it's just disappointing for me that i can't extract the same enjoyment from it
I appreciate that my man, I didn't always feel this way about eFootball either, Up until recently I couldn't manage more than one game of it because it was just so clunky & janky. There were always ideas on the pitch that I liked but the execution just wasn't there. I think they're finally getting there.

I think it's also important to keep expectations in check. eFootball & FIFA/FC24 aren't deep tactful sims anymore and one should play them as they are which are more casual/recreational interpretations of football rather than very serious deep replications of the sport. Those days are over sadly.

Still no there's no excuse for lack of logic or no foot planting or players skating around a pitch etc, Those are valid criticisms that just make a game silly & unrewarding and with the technology we have, it shouldn't be happening.

Hi guys, possibly a stupid question, but for some reason Im getting no intros (player walking past dressing rooms, in dressrooms, and player lineup and players walking out) anymore.. after i choose stadium and then go to match, it just goes to kickoff screen. Is there a setting for this.. to turn it off... or is it mod related?? thanks in advance.

EDIT:

The intros of the Dream Team matches work, but its the Trial Matches that no longer work.. ie. no intros with teams walking with suits into the change rooms, no intro of players walking through tunnel and into the arean etc. Weird....

It's probably a blessing isnt it? Why konami decided to impose these terrible, absurdist cut scenes on us before every single game is anyone's guess.

4 players having a chat in the dressing room...why? Where is the manager? The staff? The other players? It feels in the clips like they've just received some small-group health and safety training, and are now off to the cafeteria for some low-calorie yoghurt. It absolutely doesnt feel like top level footballers geeing each other up before a big game.

It's probably a blessing isnt it? Why konami decided to impose these terrible, absurdist cut scenes on us before every single game is anyone's guess.

4 players having a chat in the dressing room...why? Where is the manager? The staff? The other players? It feels in the clips like they've just received some small-group health and safety training, and are now off to the cafeteria for some low-calorie yoghurt. It absolutely doesnt feel like top level footballers geeing each other up before a big game.
Intro scenes like that are better suited to an ML, but even then, they'd get old quickly.

But forcing them on in Authentic Match was just sinful. One of the reasons I couldn't be asked to play this game before the update was because of those obnoxiously long cutscenes. Even after getting through all those terrible pops and admin messages one by one on the main menu. It would take you a further 5 minutes before you're even kicking a ball on the pitch because of the tedium of:

black screen>load players arriving cut scene,
black screen>load settings
black screen>load kit selection graphics
black screen>load formation screen
black screen>load dressing room cutscene
Black screen>load actual entrance scene
Finally, start the match.

It was such overkill. Most of it dragged on because the devs insisted on loading the stadium and dressing room assets in so they'd be rendering the whole time in the background while changing settings in the menu and gameplan, it was unnecessary. All for the sake of some kind of presentation decision at the sacrifice of user experience.

The most frustrating thing other than previous games had menu navigation down perfectly, why make it worse was the fact there simply wasn't an option anywhere to simply turn cutscenes off.

It's fine, we all have different standards. I've had a lot of fun with this and had a lot of old-fashioned out-my-seat moments that looked really really good and one of the most important things to me is this game is very responsive and pleasant to control. I've had 3 fatiguing years of PES 2021 and it's tank-like dribbling and lungey/stridey player movement as well as dumb as-rock AI, This is a massive breath of fresh air and a lot of fun for me.

Of course, I'm strictly talking about gameplay here. The content and presentation is beating a dead horse by this point and there's nothing that can be said that hasn't already been said before.
IMG_2383.gif
Lil EA - money grabbing road
🎶 „Im gonna take my horse to the slaughter room,
I’m gonna kill it just a few more times…!“ 🎶

Last edited:
One comes out on September 29, the other came out on September 7.

One already has a title, image and 14,900 followers

The other one updated the title and image yesterday and has 383 followers

Differences...😂
is any else that need to add?IMG_1028.jpeg

What I don't understand about the people posting clips like this, is that if they're impressed by dribbling around players who act like they've never defended before in their lives and then smashing the ball into the net - on repeat and with ease (how many of these clips are popping up) - why aren't they just playing FIFA / EASFC?

To me we're just closer than ever to having the same game twice, which is the last thing I want, personally.

Not sure if it's a new milestone, more of a hotfix i would say. PES 2015-2016-2017-2018 (bar the supercheating SS) had all decent to very good AI.

From 2019 to 2021 starter this windmillimg of AI from Robocop levels to that with bad awareness. Every new uodate after update, was breaking it, while trying to fix something else.

I mean PES 2021 can take a lot notable mentions, but AI is not one of its strongest features.
basically my main concern always with these new PES releases, the ai oh dear on superstar...not gonna say another word....

I've read this sentence ten times and it's still not making any sense :LMAO:
thank god that other make a real sense so because of that i will explain.
HAHI is when the player play like the AI and if he score first its done you will never comeback also when you play possession he say that you play Ping-Pong so he throw his complicated thing not the ball and i catch it very well to define it like this and there is more than that like he think that he has Japanese mind and a Chinese hand with bringing another defender it means when he press many buttons at same time these HAHIs think that its Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter and you can see that too in their playing style.

Pretty sure he is saying it's a good simulation, so skilled players will accept it even if they lose to Al Hilal, or Haiti?
okay here is your problem we have a simulation game with different difficulties so you can try but you imagine a scenario depending on my fact that's why you answered not asked and this is normal of course so i will add something you could tell maybe but never mind.
LEGEND AI is the full potential of the gameplay with a 60% of decisions built to be like human ones it means for ex playing safe it means LEGEND pass passed the ball before even you reach him doesn't mean it is hard and doesn't mean you will go out of football to take the ball the problem people that playing like AI will not be as fast as shim and they will be 100% human mind but in that 60% choices so here my question if its a game of repeated things why they don't say it's not funny but other hardcore players will say it ? it is the 60% of AI but did i choose to play vs him ? no the game put me it means the game bring to him a weak player that don't know the game mechanics when these kids they don't know football. At the end, its a simulation they can't remove these part but it can be beaten as old PES and if they were that skilled players with PACE they could have fun in FIFA why here ? .
Finally, i hope the big changes will come with squad rotation too.

It's astonishing Konami kept the Asian Qualifiers Road to Qatar 2022 in Asian national teams. I wish they use that slot for the upcoming Asian Cup of Nations Qatar 2024 since they are supposed to have all Asian football rights (clubs and national).

View attachment 234744
Lil EA - money grabbing road
🎶 „Im gonna take my horse to the slaughter room,
I’m gonna kill it just a few more times…!“ 🎶
What is the concept in the gaming industry ?
an online football game
So if they kept others and build new ones it could be something they did it but the reversed thing that's the problem when an analyzer interrupt a developer job

What I don't understand about the people posting clips like this, is that if they're impressed by dribbling around players who act like they've never defended before in their lives and then smashing the ball into the net - on repeat and with ease (how many of these clips are popping up) - why aren't they just playing FIFA / EASFC?

To me we're just closer than ever to having the same game twice, which is the last thing I want, personally.
It's an irony, he meant that it's arcade style.

Last edited:
I played this for about 3 hours yesterday offline, I had so much fun and the game reminds me a lot of PES 2017 in regards to it's AI and it's dynamic moments. You see the AI innovate and try things you wouldn't dream of seeing from the bot like COM in PES 2021. I had some really cool-looking moments such as incredible saves, heart-stopping blocks from defenders, and midfield battles between players. Dribbling is a dream in this game as flair players and wingers finally feel as such.

If they never touched gameplay again I'd be very happy with this. Just such a stifling and conflicting time regarding content and authenticity/mods.
What are your settings?

We really cant increase match time on Ps5?

It's an irony, he meant that it's arcade style.

What I will say, and I accept it's a fudge, is that if you dribble the way players do in real life, and play according to the patterns of real football, the AI defenders seem to be reasonably resistant. You cant just weave in and out.

Unfortunately konami know only one way to balance dribbling and that's to create an AI that's exploitable.

It's either this, or back to defenders who mind read. As with every other aspect of their game engine, it's black or white, but never, ever grey.

oh come on, dribbles and tricks need to be reduced in effectiveness and limited to players who have the necessary skills, in real life less talented players will miss 99% of those plays

It is interesting that a lot of the FIFA content creators have been playing E-football over the last week and talking positively about it which for me sets alarm bells ringing as usually what they like is exactly the opposite of what I want.

It is interesting that a lot of the FIFA content creators have been playing E-football over the last week and talking positively about it which for me sets alarm bells ringing as usually what they like is exactly the opposite of what I want.

idk if it's a good or bad sign.

It is the usual content creator cycle. They usually play efootball until the new FIFA comes out and then switch. Has been like that for years.

I really love the gameplay but, just second ago read a twitter comments that read my mind at 100%.

"I have a problem...the Goal moment completely disconnects me. I'm playing a football game where I don't want to reach the goal and score because everything seems very poor to me (variety, shots, nets). On the contrary, the rest breathe a lot of football."

It is exaclty my sensation about the game 'pad in hand'

I really love the gameplay but, just second ago read a twitter comments that read my mind at 100%.

"I have a problem...the Goal moment completely disconnects me. I'm playing a football game where I don't want to reach the goal and score because everything seems very poor to me (variety, shots, nets). On the contrary, the rest breathe a lot of football."

It is exaclty my sensation about the game 'pad in hand'
I agree with this, as well as finding the speed of the game too high.

So, I tried Efoo first time since PES2021. My expectations were low but Jesus Christ!

Players are literally skating. Animations and their transitions are broken. Blurring picture, disgusting nets, terrible shadows... Visuals are godawful! Menus is epitome of non-usability. Cards (shit they sacrificed everything for) have low resolution...

Just what the fuck is this???

Untitled - 2.jpg

Just compare it with PES19, 5 years old game:

Unbeliveable!

Players are literally skating. Animations and their transitions are broken. Blurring picture, disgusting nets, terrible shadows... Visuals are godawful! Menus is epitome of non-usability. Cards (shit they sacrificed everything for) have low resolution...

I guess we all have a differing perception of reality. Mine certainly different to yours regarding the skating and animations/transitions... Dont notice the skating (no where near as much as lets say Fifa 23), and the animations and movements are the standout compared to PES2021. Makes PES2021 look stiff in comparison. Yeah, nets and shadows are bad.. Infact a lot of bad/incompleteness. For me PES2021 is still overall the best packaged football sim... But im now finally finding myself solely playing ef24, simply because of the superior and more refreshing gameplay including the smoother and more realistic animations. Hoping the next few update fixes a few of the issues you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom