eFootball (All Platforms)

I tried it again for the first time in months. It's alright offline, definitely potential. Online is a disaster of course because of all the op teams and no PA-matchmaking.

I would pay for Online divisions or something like it with regular teams and PA matchmaking. Oh, and the possibility to play day matches online. I just hate the stale and boring night matches.
Yep, online, regular teams and PA matchmaking set to 3 or 4 and now you've got a bloody game. I hate modern gaming so much. The developers could be giving us so much and we ask for so little, yet instead they give us crumbs and want to drain our wallet. So much wasted potential and withholding fun from consumers. The whole point of a game is to have fun ffs, yet this is lost, it's about the grind and about the $$$$.

Last edited:
Agreed, but no matter how good the AI were in the PS2 days, the game at least allowed me to defend better and the AI did not do actions as quickly as I was seeing in Dream Team.
Yes I think that’s the effect of dream team as a mode, where you have all sorts of player boosting and training items that make it even faster - pretty much what happens in FIFA Ultimate Team.

I guess the bigger concern is how quick the game is on highest difficulty in trial match, as that will probably be the indicator of how offline modes will play. Saying that, does seem like their a little away from making an offline mode, so we could see lots of improvements and updates before then.

Can someone tell me how you play offline right now. Genuine question as I can't make sense of the menus
Authentic Match and Trial Match. Only licensed teams are there. Given Konami’s state of licensing agreements with clubs, this means like a dozen plus clubs. In premier league there are only TWO teams - Man Utd and Arsenal. There are not even teams with fake names, logos etc, mind!

Dream Team is boring me to death. Waiting for the unlicensed teams to be unlocked along with all difficulty levels and all match durations and co-op room in trial match.

Why cant we still not play the online games during daytime???. The option is still not select able. Ridiculous. Also the same commentary for god knows how many years.

This is the 'esports standard' Konami have set for this game, in reality I think its to do with them 2 years ago having big issues with the lighting day to night transition affecting the framerate depending on the stadium. So night, winter is the safest settings to ensure a consistent framerate.

BTW i'm going to be brutally honest and say i cant see this changing anytime soon.

Love that show btw, looking forward to season 2 :)

Anyone else think that there is something there with efootball now. Gameplay wise (trial match) is actually good. Shame graphics are terrible and there are no offline modes. With pes 21 mods this would be great.

Konami boardroom are scared of people paying just once for offline content like they used to with PES and instead want to force us into Dream Team for as long as possible even if it makes no sense whatsoever, with the game now neglecting its core new target market with lack of any incentives bar getting a lucrative esports contract.

They are all blinded by their 'insider info' on the 4th industrial revolution with P2E becoming the norm for Gen Z in the next 10-20 years and have completely forgotten that making a game fun and full of content makes you more money than this demo online only game we have now.

This is just my opinion!!! But when I started playing the latest version of the game, the game seemed wow, something fresh. But the more I play, the more I understand that the gameplay is still raw (this is something at the level of pes14, when it took them several years to make decent football on the new engine) Pes 21 is still ahead of this game, especially with the latest gameplay patches. The physics of the ball, shots, passes, crosses, need fundamental changes. They have made a step forward in terms of processor behavior, but it all lacks proper mechanics and physics, it will probably take at least another year for the game to reach the next level, and they have finalized it.

This is just my opinion!!! But when I started playing the latest version of the game, the game seemed wow, something fresh. But the more I play, the more I understand that the gameplay is still raw (this is something at the level of pes14, when it took them several years to make decent football on the new engine) Pes 21 is still ahead of this game, especially with the latest gameplay patches. The physics of the ball, shots, passes, crosses, need fundamental changes. They have made a step forward in terms of processor behavior, but it all lacks proper mechanics and physics, it will probably take at least another year for the game to reach the next level, and they have finalized it.
At least in my opinion also the reason why they don't release offline mode and it's still beta/demo. I think one of the reasons why Kimura had to leave is because they haven't made any progress in two years. We will see if in every new season of eFootball 2024 there will be an upgrade of the game and not a very minimal update as it was until now, yes this promise by Kimura was the again lie... and that must change now, they have to upgrade the game every new season. We shouldn't praise this game too much yet, because the game still has a lot of room for improvement.

At least in my opinion also the reason why they don't release offline mode and it's still beta/demo. I think one of the reasons why Kimura had to leave is because they haven't made any progress in two years. We will see if in every new season of eFootball 2024 there will be an upgrade of the game and not a very minimal update as it was until now, yes this promise by Kimura was the again lie... and that must change now, they have to upgrade the game every new season. We shouldn't praise this game too much yet, because the game still has a lot of room for improvement.
What promise? Didn't Kimura said, that playing offline is boring and outdated? Or you mean the missing of 90% of the roadmap targets?

IMHO the "stay tuned for future announcements" about ML, offline modes, online Coop, Divisions , etc, was more a damage control, and not a realistic plan fo the future. The real roadmap in my head, is crossplatform compatibility, maybe except for the "Android/iOS with the rest platforms" part, and the Controller compatibility with mobile devices and tablets. Which should be compatible for years now. Even PPSSPP emulator on Android has Bluetooth controller compatibility.

The only platform i am hyped to play efootball, is its native one, my tablet and my new phone. But i need the BT controller first. Can't play with touch screen controllers.

What promise? Didn't Kimura said, that playing offline is boring and outdated? Or you mean the missing of 90% of the roadmap targets?

IMHO the "stay tuned for future announcements" about ML, offline modes, online Coop, Divisions , etc, was more a damage control, and not a realistic plan fo the future. The real roadmap in my head, is crossplatform compatibility, maybe except for the "Android/iOS with the rest platforms" part, and the Controller compatibility with mobile devices and tablets. Which should be compatible for years now. Even PPSSPP emulator on Android has Bluetooth controller compatibility.

The only platform i am hyped to play efootball, is its native one, my tablet and my new phone. But i need the BT controller first. Can't play with touch screen controllers.
I'm not talking about offline, I'm talking about gameplay. First read carefully, then write nonsense!!!, where was there any mention of an offline mode?

I'm not talking about offline, I'm talking about gameplay. First read carefully, then write nonsense!!!, where was there any mention of an offline mode?

Copypasting your first phrase
At least in my opinion also the reason why they don't release offline mode and it's still beta/demo...."

I just asked a question about Kimura and promise. Did not have an intention to criticise you or your words, which i've read carefully, neither did i attack to you.
It was in a good spirit of discussion. But thank you anyway. :TU: No further replying by my side.

Konami boardroom are scared of people paying just once for offline content like they used to with PES and instead want to force us into Dream Team for as long as possible even if it makes no sense whatsoever, with the game now neglecting its core new target market with lack of any incentives bar getting a lucrative esports contract.

They are all blinded by their 'insider info' on the 4th industrial revolution with P2E becoming the norm for Gen Z in the next 10-20 years and have completely forgotten that making a game fun and full of content makes you more money than this demo online only game we have now.

But do they really think people who would have paid for offline content will now pay for a card game? (Well, speaking about Konami they’re probably really thinking this.) Just because I can’t have the one thing doesn’t automatically mean I will pay for some other.

By the way I reinstalled eFootball and played some games last weekend.

In my Dream Team mode I had a lot of players with expired contracts, so first of all I collected all the apology points, gifts, free players and so on. Then I had enough training points/cards/whatever to level almost every new player up. Now I have a team with 99 team spirit including Messi (2x), Mbappe, Neymar, Ter Stegen just to name a few. I also have legends like Bergkamp, Lizarazu, Del Piero, Figo and some more. I didn’t had to play one second and didn’t had to spend one single penny. I didn’t have to take any fucking effort for such a team. So why the hell does Konami think I will pay now for uhm.. whatever, if I not for an offline mode?

Other than that I could somewhat enjoy the gameplay, especially since I had been playing a lot of PES21 lately (and one terrible 8:2 FIFA 23 match).

Thanks to the help of people on here i was able to try a few trial matches offline against the AI, unfortunately however i wasn't able to see the same things as others in terms of positivity. sure the AI are quite nice on the ball, but defensively they are extremely passive, especially when running straight at them. I played England v Germany, Superstar, Manual -1 speed and just thought that the AI dont really do anything until they have the ball where they spring to life. you can run around them and pass it around them quite easily, i can't imagine how easy it would be if i had pass assistance on.

The other problem is there is still no midfield presence which means you are simply able to ground pass it along the floor to your man who's waiting up front (ie. Kane for me) and hold it up and then dink it to a runner, I don't play this way, but it seems ripe for one of those cheap one twos you can do tbh.

game speed feels nice on -1 and it's not awful, but the experience against the AI does feel like you are playing an AI from 20 years ago (except the AI we had 20 years ago was actually much better)

god bless any of you thast are able to enjoy it but it's still not for me.

That's what I find strange as well, this so-called philosophy isn't really backed up with much merit either. Surely if you made a game with a compelling offline mode that sustains players, they're more likely to take a break from offline and explore online modes and basically create a new turnover of players who wouldn't have tried online before.

The same goes for online players who want something new and may be more likely to pay for your offline modes and stay on your platform if they fancy a break from the stresses of online gameplay.

Of course, I'm no expert, but I think of games like Call of Duty where, while of course, the MP is the premier destination, the campaign modes are still entertaining enough for a cinematic break from the rigors of hyper-intense online and probably offer some kind of incentive I imagine for some players too such as trophies or maybe some kind of bonus skins or something you can earn for taking part in the campaign to take back online again too? Do they do anything like that these days?

I still have the PS4 PES19 demo and played it, last night, it plays better than the full game and plays better than any PES/eFootball since. Game speed on -1 feels great, ball physics, great, close control button works better, everything looks and feels superior. It basically plays like eFootball24 now, but more refined in every way. I imagine the best Konami can do is re-give us the exact same gameplay we already have.

So people's main gripe is still no master league etc? What about the actual gameplay though?
Knowing Konami they'll add ML in update (say) 3.3.0, but they will also make the gameplay awful again with the same update.
So we'd be doomed to choose between a game playing right and a game having proper offline modes.

I played this for about 3 hours yesterday offline, I had so much fun and the game reminds me a lot of PES 2017 in regards to it's AI and it's dynamic moments. You see the AI innovate and try things you wouldn't dream of seeing from the bot like COM in PES 2021. I had some really cool-looking moments such as incredible saves, heart-stopping blocks from defenders, and midfield battles between players. Dribbling is a dream in this game as flair players and wingers finally feel as such.

If they never touched gameplay again I'd be very happy with this. Just such a stifling and conflicting time regarding content and authenticity/mods.

I played this for about 3 hours yesterday offline, I had so much fun and the game reminds me a lot of PES 2017 in regards to it's AI and it's dynamic moments. You see the AI innovate and try things you wouldn't dream of seeing from the bot like COM in PES 2021. I had some really cool-looking moments such as incredible saves, heart-stopping blocks from defenders, and midfield battles between players. Dribbling is a dream in this game as flair players and wingers finally feel as such.

If they never touched gameplay again I'd be very happy with this. Just such a stifling and conflicting time regarding content and authenticity/mods.
had the same thoughts. if game modes are unlocked this game will have the best pes gameplay of any football game. now we are stucked at training mode and play with any team we want. many times I imagine how will I enjoy this game playing master league when kids fall asleep :D

had the same thoughts. if game modes are unlocked this game will have the best pes gameplay of any football game. now we are stucked at training mode and play with any team we want. many times I imagine how will I enjoy this game playing master league when kids fall asleep :D
It's such a terrible waste of all the hard work that's gone into improving the core gameplay. Much like the licenses. All that work & money to secure the partner clubs and they're not even intended to be enjoyed much outside of throway trial matches.

I honestly dont know what game you are playing but its not the same game I am

Back
Top Bottom