eFootball (All Platforms)

Interesting stuff regarding hidden code/modes:
Funny thing about the Exhibition mode: Im able to manipulate the trigger so it leads me not to the main menu, but instead to the "Stadiumselect" screen where you can usually choose the settings like match time and so on, but they removed the settings menu completely in this mode. All i can see is the stadium in the background and i cant choose anything. Its a softlock.

I like this game.

But my standards are quite low considering EA FC can’t even make their players look like realistic footballers moving realistically together. EA long ago sacrificed any attempt to make a “football” game at the altar of the Church of One-on-One, hypershite jelly legs.

One thing I’ll say for Konami is that they generally don’t twist the law of physics when making a football game, which is much appreciated.

But this offline issue, good grief. Some people are saying they think it’ll be released soon but I’m not so sure. I’ve never seen a product marketed like this, ever.

The thing is, I’d pay a monthly subscription just to play a decent, realistic football game. Say £10 a month. And that’s £10 more than I’d pay for online.

Come on, Konami.

It's been said a million times (by people who've invested more time with eFootball than I have), but the AI seems much better in comparison to 2021. Tempting to say "and it should be after years of extra development" but it isn't always the case (see EASFC).

It's just so sad that everything else around that, to my mind, has been infantilised for their cross-play goals (with a ball that has no acceleration/deceleration, just a constant speed as it's dragged across the screen almost as if it's 2D, and no freedom). And EASFC is the same. GAH! :(
Not sure if it's a new milestone, more of a hotfix i would say. PES 2015-2016-2017-2018 (bar the supercheating SS) had all decent to very good AI.

From 2019 to 2021 starter this windmillimg of AI from Robocop levels to that with bad awareness. Every new uodate after update, was breaking it, while trying to fix something else.

I mean PES 2021 can take a lot notable mentions, but AI is not one of its strongest features.

Konami spending record time and effort compared to the 0 time and effort they spent on the AI since 2014....yet there are no offline game modes.
wtf.gif

Just coming off playing a few games online.

Do you know what really gets to me about the "skill gap" crowd, and how deadly important it is to everything?

All anyone does is alternate between chaining the first-time-pass command together 20 times and scoring, or slaloming around every player like they're not even there. Just like EASFC.

Every game looks like this:

Plus, every single one of them has a level 10,000 squad...

...where's the skill gap in this gameplay and these teams?

It's absolutely awful, in my opinion. No different styles of play, no variety, nothing interesting going on at all. Just button-spamming and laser accuracy. The most boring way to spend ten minutes on a games console.

Konami spending record time and effort compared to the 0 time and effort they spent on the AI since 2014....yet there are no offline game modes.
Yes, it's strange and it only confirms my belief that they will finally release ML, only preparing the base for selling this add-on, because let's face it, for an outside player, this game was not attractive even if it had an offline mode.

Redownloaded, felt the pitch/graphics looked better, gameplay is fun, but im not good enough to play superstar and the game I played was frustrating / bs in that difficulty. Enjoyed the gameplay in training in Top Player, but cmon, how much time can I invest in that mode. At least give us exhibition with time and difficulty unlocked. Even though its not perfect I can get some enjoyment out of it if they unlock some options. I hope that comes this year

offline moods
So people's main gripe is still no master league etc? What about the actual gameplay though?

Obviously Konami are just coining it in now. Strange also that everything just carried over as well. I like the updated gameplay but it's now all a bit stale as I've the same team etc from last year. Currently in division 2.

Do Konami not realise that there's still a sizeable percentage of fans who don't play online and if they made a really deep and enjoyable master league to play offline then they would make more money by selling that as an add on. I know I would buy it.

It's just crazy stuff. Overall the game has definitely went backwards but hey its like everything in the world at the moment. The only way to really get what we want is to stop downloading the game and stop paying for the stupid gold coins.

Redownloaded, felt the pitch/graphics looked better, gameplay is fun, but im not good enough to play superstar and the game I played was frustrating / bs in that difficulty. Enjoyed the gameplay in training in Top Player, but cmon, how much time can I invest in that mode. At least give us exhibition with time and difficulty unlocked. Even though its not perfect I can get some enjoyment out of it if they unlock some options. I hope that comes this year
If you do dream team you can play against ai and choose all levels regular professional etc ...Good fun actually. It's only in exhibitions you ate limited to regular ....too easy and superstar also too hard for me. Give it a try 😉

Starting to have the same feeling I get with FIFA. I try to force myself to like it and after a few games you realise there's no soul. Keeping my fingers crossed as gameplay is getting there and actually enjoying an odd game.

Yeah, the lack of soul is a really issue. It ends up feeling like you're playing football in a parallel, android-based dimension.

Add some soul, add some ball physics, and they have achieved a really solid technical demo.

X - for assisted pass contextualy based that still takes the Power bar into account (how hard you press/hold the button)

Y - pass into space with more freedom (more manual) with higher accuracy rate for players with the better passing stats

That would be ideal as the standard settings

Gave more responsiveness, control and instant gratificational smooth feelings

For removal of soul, of weight transfer, inertia, freedom on the ball, keepers are also on rails, everything is precalculated and more stat based versus physic simulations and then some with the stats.

More video gamey, might make it more popular, and i still need my football fix, but sad to see the small simulation focused idea be gone. It might aswell just be another FIFA/EAFC

If you do dream team you can play against ai and choose all levels regular professional etc ...Good fun actually. It's only in exhibitions you ate limited to regular ....too easy and superstar also too hard for me. Give it a try 😉
This 100%.

I played the dream team event called ‘Victory Run’. I just completed the Top Player one, that difficult seems perfect for me, and I just started Legend. Very tough, but played 2 and won 2 with immense difficulty.

Really happy with the vs AI events being so plentiful, game really shines here, and bodes well when they release a proper offline mode.

This 100%.

I played the dream team event called ‘Victory Run’. I just completed the Top Player one, that difficult seems perfect for me, and I just started Legend. Very tough, but played 2 and won 2 with immense difficulty.

Really happy with the vs AI events being so plentiful, game really shines here, and bodes well when they release a proper offline mode.
I quite like offline and slow game speed but..just tried v AI in Dream Team for first time after update. It's really horrible if played at Superstar level. Everything is way too fast and hectic and the AI do everything too perfectly and RAPIDLY. So you have no time to think or plan or anything. Plus, they've made it so difficult to defend, as it's near on impossible to adequately press the ball and at the same time mark runners into the box or wide. So you're stuck in no man's land wondering wtf to do, while the AI pick the right pass 90% of the time and execute it at hyperspeed.

Something that I never try even tho its always been true that it provides better football simulation feeling is playing with lesser teams.

But by weaker teams I mean teams from leagues that Konami show some love to give more authencity.

I'm playing with Kashima Antlas against FC Tokyo, superstar, -3 and manual pass.
The players turn on the ball is great, not too fast, fake and skaty, and CPU AI passing is not light fast.

The ball could feel a little less floaty at -1 but other than that its great.

I Just played one match, its not much, but I could see the CPU AI shinning here. They play smart, dont give the ball away, no dumb decision makings, they take the safe pass and also take different routs when attacking, doesnt feel scripted with the same attacking routes.

Also, again, it feels a lot more balanced, no light speed pass into the box that you Just cant cut off and easy AI goal impossible to not concede.

Please, trey this game: Kashima Antlas vs Tokyo, -1 speed , 3 or 4 pass bar level, daylight stadium.

Good AI = create something that doesn't seem like it's AI at all.

Yet playing the AI in this, they seem very AI like, yeah they are cleverer. but it all seems too perfect and too efficient and all happening way too fast to be human.

I have seen quite a few occasions when theyve slowed down, or even stood me up 40 yards from goal, with the intention of taking me on. But, yes, overall, it's a bit too fast.

It feels like the whole game is running within a structure that's too limited for what konami are attempting achieve.

The physics are limited. The tactics are limited. The animations, while impressive, are limited. And the AI is just a little too limited. Makes me think the game will remain at about the standard it is at now because the engine seems to be limited itself.

I can definitely find some enjoyment in this game, but it feels like konami keep taking from one part of the engine in order to give to another part of it, as if the amount of resource to go around is severely limited. It's one step forward here, one step back there. There isnt all that much pure progress being made.

I quite like offline and slow game speed but..just tried v AI in Dream Team for first time after update. It's really horrible if played at Superstar level. Everything is way too fast and hectic and the AI do everything too perfectly and RAPIDLY. So you have no time to think or plan or anything. Plus, they've made it so difficult to defend, as it's near on impossible to adequately press the ball and at the same time mark runners into the box or wide. So you're stuck in no man's land wondering wtf to do, while the AI pick the right pass 90% of the time and execute it at hyperspeed.
Yes I agree. However after going back a lot and playing the PS2 games, I realise how crazy it is to beat the AI on high difficulty. I guess I was much more tolerant back then! Therefore I play the higher levels very much like a challenge in any game.

however, (for me) the realism and enjoyment of a simulation football game with eFootball is only possible in Professional or Top Player. I’ve been back and forth on those two in dream team for various ‘vs AI’ events, anything higher I need to mentally prepare myself!

Konami's new audience seem like a nice bunch of lads. Warm feeling knowing "GapingBehind" has a new football game for the season while the rest of us enter our 4th season without one.

View attachment 234128
Comments like that are hilarious. It's like migrating from a huge dump into a lesser known dump with a marginally better wifi. You're still living in filth my dude. And I hate to break it to Mr.GapingAsshole, but the introduction of womens' football was a recent addition. Fifa has been shit for almost a decade. You'd think a dedicated fifa simp like gaping asshole would know that by now.

Last edited:
Just coming off playing a few games online.

Do you know what really gets to me about the "skill gap" crowd, and how deadly important it is to everything?

All anyone does is alternate between chaining the first-time-pass command together 20 times and scoring, or slaloming around every player like they're not even there. Just like EASFC.

Every game looks like this:

Plus, every single one of them has a level 10,000 squad...

...where's the skill gap in this gameplay and these teams?

It's absolutely awful, in my opinion. No different styles of play, no variety, nothing interesting going on at all. Just button-spamming and laser accuracy. The most boring way to spend ten minutes on a games console.
Pretty much what I expected to see online, which is why I'm not touching online. Not with FUMA.

It's such a shame they are forcing people to either play online or not play at all. This game could be really good offline. Playing vs Legend is the most challenge I've had in many years.

Dribbling with good dribblers feels amazing. A tad OP maybe, but I don't want it back to where it was.

Game is way, way, way too fast esp when playing manual against Legend. I have no time to think, and it's very hectic. I feel that this game could be a whole lot better at -1 speed offline. Anyway, will probably play a bit every weekend so I get better at the new dribbling mechanics, but won't actually play the game till we have proper offline modes which I would very happily pay for, but Konami is terrified of losing the player base to offline and not having anyone to play with online. Maybe when crossplay becomes a thing, they'll feel secure enough to release offline modes.

I tried it again for the first time in months. It's alright offline, definitely potential. Online is a disaster of course because of all the op teams and no PA-matchmaking.

I would pay for Online divisions or something like it with regular teams and PA matchmaking. Oh, and the possibility to play day matches online. I just hate the stale and boring night matches.

Yes I agree. However after going back a lot and playing the PS2 games, I realise how crazy it is to beat the AI on high difficulty. I guess I was much more tolerant back then! Therefore I play the higher levels very much like a challenge in any game.

however, (for me) the realism and enjoyment of a simulation football game with eFootball is only possible in Professional or Top Player. I’ve been back and forth on those two in dream team for various ‘vs AI’ events, anything higher I need to mentally prepare myself!
Agreed, but no matter how good the AI were in the PS2 days, the game at least allowed me to defend better and the AI did not do actions as quickly as I was seeing in Dream Team.

Back
Top Bottom