eFootball (All Platforms)

I read you guys say some positive things, so thought I'd give it another try. Superstar, -1 speed, level 3 passing v AI Barca. Yeah it's half a game with no modes, but tell you what they have a good base here.

Good AI, and best of all the gameplay rightly and ruthlessly punishes you if you just press a player aimlessly, as the AI will just turn or run past you. This is tough but highly realistic. You shouldn't be able to just press, press, press with no consequences. So now you have to time your tackles and concentrate 100% of the time. Defensive positioning and good decision making is key, as it should be.

Defensively and offensively it feels rewarding. As you have to earn every tackle and interception. And on level 3 passing every pass and shot created feels like an achievement, so it's satisfying and rewarding. I still maintain the shooting and passing in general is boring though.

can someone give me some tips for playing on superstar. Struggling even against the 3 star teams. Never had a problem on previous pes games. Although I know it is efootball..

I read you guys say some positive things, so thought I'd give it another try. Superstar, -1 speed, level 3 passing v AI Barca. Yeah it's half a game with no modes, but tell you what they have a good base here.

Good AI, and best of all the gameplay rightly and ruthlessly punishes you if you just press a player aimlessly, as the AI will just turn or run past you. This is tough but highly realistic. You shouldn't be able to just press, press, press with no consequences. So now you have to time your tackles and concentrate 100% of the time. Defensive positioning and good decision making is key, as it should be.

Defensively and offensively it feels rewarding. As you have to earn every tackle and interception. And on level 3 passing every pass and shot created feels like an achievement, so it's satisfying and rewarding. I still maintain the shooting and passing in general is boring though.
Nice to hear some others getting a similar joy to this game as I am. In regards to playing superstar, those were some good tips defensively by Pagi84.... dont press hard too hard.. additionally i reckon the L2 marking up is awesome this year.... meaning it actually works. Pressing this button and holding off, but in front of the attacking player, leads to usually blocking the cross or cut inside by the attacker. I also now use it a lot at the central area of the field to help cut passing lanes. It works a treat!!!

I do get impatient and often do the 2nd player automatic press, but only when my other p1 player is cutting off a passing lane etc. By positioning well, and cutting passing lanes, and anticipating the cpu's moves, ive occasionally put the defenders and keeper under too much pressure where they will totally fk up and give me an easy one on one or ricochet goal.. happened against the keeper a couple of times :)

Also, make sure you anticipate the one-twos by cpu ai down the wings.. and have your p1 follow the future receiver...

Finally, just as L2 works better in this version of the game, so do slide tackles. Previously with ef23 and even pes2021, its tough to slide tackle without fouling. Its much easier to time a slide tackle in this game... Have you guys noticed this... seems the cpu is looser with the ball at times....

Ive gotta start making more videos to show some of this stuff ;)

can someone give me some tips for playing on superstar. Struggling even against the 3 star teams. Never had a problem on previous pes games. Although I know it is efootball..
Play 5 at the back, improve defence so aren't conceding and go from there. Like I said do not press a player unless you are confident of getting it, better to just stay in position and wait for a mistake and use match up button often to intercept or to stay in position. AI will attack you, so you can counter them. Would guess crossing and heading easiest way to score.

Ha, just noticed Aussie said same thing, guess he defends the same way. It is still very difficult to stop the AI, as they are good, they are clever, but that's a great thing, it's Superstar, they should be good.

Oh and as I just found out, rule 1 is always manually mark the main runner in the box, before concentrating on the guy with the ball outside the box. I'm defending well, but this always catches me out, as I focus too much on guy with the ball, when striker running past my defender in the box is always the danger.

Last edited:
Nice to hear some others getting a similar joy to this game as I am. In regards to playing superstar, those were some good tips defensively by Pagi84.... dont press hard too hard.. additionally i reckon the L2 marking up is awesome this year.... meaning it actually works. Pressing this button and holding off, but in front of the attacking player, leads to usually blocking the cross or cut inside by the attacker. I also now use it a lot at the central area of the field to help cut passing lanes. It works a treat!!!

I do get impatient and often do the 2nd player automatic press, but only when my other p1 player is cutting off a passing lane etc. By positioning well, and cutting passing lanes, and anticipating the cpu's moves, ive occasionally put the defenders and keeper under too much pressure where they will totally fk up and give me an easy one on one or ricochet goal.. happened against the keeper a couple of times :)

Also, make sure you anticipate the one-twos by cpu ai down the wings.. and have your p1 follow the future receiver...

Finally, just as L2 works better in this version of the game, so do slide tackles. Previously with ef23 and even pes2021, its tough to slide tackle without fouling. Its much easier to time a slide tackle in this game... Have you guys noticed this... seems the cpu is looser with the ball at times....

Ive gotta start making more videos to show some of this stuff ;)

I've noticed you can actually slide tackle too. You can get close enough, and...you dont just plow through them.

If passing and shooting had more variety and feel, they'd have a very good football demo.

I'm afraid they'll keep postponing ML as long as Dream Team continues to make the expected profits. If it stops at all, why would it suddenly?
I’m not even joking - if Konami were transparent about this a couple of years ago saying “we need X amount of money of card purchases to fund our offline modes incl master league”, many people that hate and stay away from Dream Team might have contributed positively. It’s like downloading a free app and hitting the “buy me a coffee” button and donating a few dollars just to show your appreciation and support. But Konami’s communication and behaviour made zero effort to gain any support from the fans and instead treated them homeless beggars that don’t have a choice.

Gameplay is very good, I think it's almost a consensus from what I see, AI also has a lot of variety of moves is very positive for me, without a doubt one of the best pes since I played in mid-2000! Now the only thing missing is the team edit and the master league!I see a light at the end of the tunnel, I think I'll finally be able to drop pes 6/we8 and fifa 14!

Last edited:
LONG COMMENT ALERT!

Copying my comment from Reddit:

I’d give the gameplay a rating of 8/10. For game modes, I’d give a rating of 1/10. I don’t want my positive review of the game (for the gameplay) to be understood by Konami as a reflection of my satisfaction with the game because I’m not satisfied at all. For the time Konami have taken, they have underperformed like crazy. Through their incompetence, they have managed to set the bar so low that even a regular gameplay patch feels they’ve gone a great job. Sorry.

Going further into the two things that need to be discussed and assessed here:

1. ⁠⁠GAMEPLAY: The gameplay is EF24 is brilliant. It’s a significant improvement over EF23 and it’s fun to play and enjoy. It’s not perfect (there’s no midfield battles) but this is the best we’ve had with an EF game. The game is such a joy to play.

2. ⁠⁠CONTENT: The game lacks content. It’s an absolute scandal if people look past this.

OFFLINE: If you’re an offline-only player, you’re not wanted. Go away. That’s Konami’s message. Here I’m not even talking about what they haven’t yet released like ML or Cups or League or Edit mode. What I’m referring is the bare minimum, bottom of the barrel requirement of having unlicensed teams in the trial match mode which already existed until a couple of days ago. So there’s literally no game mode for an offline player.

Its clear that Konami thinks that the offline players don’t bring in the money. If money is what they’re after, they could also put it up in their shop where you can buy the ability to unlock teams. What’s instead happened is, they have pulled with zero communication on why and when will it come or whether it will come.

ONLINE: Even the content for online players is a bare minimum. Are you able to play a day match in an online game? Are you able to enjoy the new additions of rain and snow in an online game? Can you pick a stadium of your choice in an online game? Can you create a custom tournament to play online? Is there co-op matchmaking? Even if you want to use the 12 or so available clubs and if you want to do a friend match, can you play 2v2 with your friends? Do you have an online mode like Pro Clubs in FIFA where you play as a particular player and develop him through online games? But we’ve got boosters! Good luck enjoying playing as a team of 100s vs 99s. Transition from a football video game to a video game complete.

The only thing you got is what you had in EF23 with better gameplay. Even the online players are done dirty and they don’t even realise it because there’s an improvement in gameplay.

You should demand game modes for both offline/online and more freedom in game settings and a half decent-UI. Even the indie games created by a couple of mates from dorm have better UI than EF. If you don’t make your voice heard for these, you won’t be getting any modes for the next couple of years. Can’t believe this is even something that needs pointing out.

Also, the ‘players complaining’ are also the reason the game has at least gone this far. Otherwise, they’d have just changed the wallpaper and game title and released it as a new version.

Isn't it generic goal ? I've seen goal like this in pes 17.

Pathetic AI and a sorry excuse of a football video game with no features what so ever (Should be moved to mobile games forums)

Generic scripted pass to the feet of striker then your usual bog standard one two from that is always in a straight line from PES 2017

I like how most shills show videos of offline games with 0 fouls and act like this is great

I was 5-0 up and my gk came up for a last minute corner lol

We need to pay for exhibition mode options and league mode is their dream as we speak now

Free as a bird in 2025 ...Just wait and see!

🤮

You can’t. Only PvP
Thx for confirming.

The offline game play after the update is amazing, but a bit fast. Dream team Vs AI game play (Playing full Manual) is way smoother than Match trials. This was the case even before the 2024 update. I think this is where the offline game play really shines. The graphics and game atmosphere is much better after the update (PS5). That being said, there isn't much you can do as an offline player unfortunately.

Last edited:
Ai going gun ho:
Credit where due. That looks pretty good. Also liked the goal above where Mbappe scored a tap in, in the most natural way imo and then braced himself from colliding with the post. There's alot of promising things in the game. IMO, Konami has a base here that eclips Fifa, gameplay wise atleast but that's the problem. They don't look willing to improve on the bare minimum. As long as Dream Team or whatever it's called functions.

Guess any positive in the gameplay is exaggerated, cos we’ve been fed such crap.

Oh no no, please don't think like that, it's just that goal looks too generic, atleast to me cause i've played good hours in pes 17. For example like this one below, it's one of the good thing that came in efootball.

Ai going gun ho:

Now that's a banger. something's missing from all pes fox engine ai. If only this could be implemented in pes 21, dang... What a waste. Using this AI logic in f2p game.

Play 5 at the back, improve defence so aren't conceding and go from there. Like I said do not press a player unless you are confident of getting it, better to just stay in position and wait for a mistake and use match up button often to intercept or to stay in position. AI will attack you, so you can counter them. Would guess crossing and heading easiest way to score.

Ha, just noticed Aussie said same thing, guess he defends the same way. It is still very difficult to stop the AI, as they are good, they are clever, but that's a great thing, it's Superstar, they should be good.

Oh and as I just found out, rule 1 is always manually mark the main runner in the box, before concentrating on the guy with the ball outside the box. I'm defending well, but this always catches me out, as I focus too much on guy with the ball, when striker running past my defender in the box is always the danger.
Thank you for the advice it is much appreciated. I'm annoyed they haven't had a professional or top player difficult to set in yet this is what is being turned in me away from playing the game and I'm simply not good enough to play on Superstar yet. Really frustrating such an obvious option hasn't been added. Thank you again for the tips

Pathetic AI and a sorry excuse of a football video game with no features what so ever (Should be moved to mobile games forums)

Generic scripted pass to the feet of striker then your usual bog standard one two from that is always in a straight line from PES 2017

I like how most shills show videos of offline games with 0 fouls and act like this is great

I was 5-0 up and my gk came up for a last minute corner lol

We need to pay for exhibition mode options and league mode is their dream as we speak now

Free as a bird in 2025 ...Just wait and see!

🤮

Central defs retreating to own 6 yard box then running away from the ball to allow the shot

GK floaty dive

awful
positivity-beat.gifgiphy (4).gif

Last edited:
You're entitled to your opinion but if you and @meant0ne keep laugh-reacting all positive opinions like trolls, you will be banned. Please behave like adults.
It's really not all positive opinions though is it, just the laughably bad ones where grown adults are acting like over excited children on Christmas morning because Konami pressed the hype button and made minor gameplay improvements.

But if it's against the rules I'll be happy to stop.

Let's see how long the honeymoon period lasts, I predict people getting fed up again within a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom