eFootball (All Platforms)

It's just so sad that everything else around that, to my mind, has been infantilised for their cross-play goals (with a ball that has no acceleration/deceleration, just a constant speed as it's dragged across the screen almost as if it's 2D, and no freedom). And EASFC is the same. GAH! :(
This is what I was laughing at in those goal videos btw to clarify.

This kinda reminds me of one guy abusing that reaction in the editing sub in such an annoying way I had to disable it only on his account. Can't remember his name, but if you're reading this and wondered why the Like-button was apparently broken for a while: It wasn't.

That one guy after reading your comment

the-dark-knight-christopher-nolan.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Tom
It's really not all positive opinions though is it, just the laughably bad ones where grown adults are acting like over excited children on Christmas morning because Konami pressed the hype button and made minor gameplay improvements.

But if it's against the rules I'll be happy to stop.

Let's see how long the honeymoon period lasts, I predict people getting fed up again within a couple of weeks.
In fairness I said passing and shooting are boring. I'd rather play like 15 other PES games from the past.

It's so ironic indeed that they worked hard to build a more like life AI in a game where there is basically nothing to do offline, while they had really good "environments" for single player in all the latest, classic ones, but gave them all more robotic, akin to "meta" AIs. As per usual, perfect timing Konami!

Well, I'm happy for people that can enjoy exhibitions only, anyway. Personally, I'm so off-put by all this project I doubt I could be able to play even a Master League, sigh, DLC (in the very remote case they'd put out one).

again classic konami, which is developing the game very slowly, similar to how they reached the maximum for PES 2021 (it took the same long time to make a good game), which in some things is better than efootball. I think I'm getting my hope back to play regularly and I think when they make the transition to UE5 it's going to be a really great game!

It's so ironic indeed that they worked hard to build a more like life AI in a game where there is basically nothing to do offline, while they had really good "environments" for single player in all the latest, classic ones, but gave them all more robotic, akin to "meta" AIs. As per usual, perfect timing Konami!

Well, I'm happy for people that can enjoy exhibitions only, anyway. Personally, I'm so off-put by all this project I doubt I could be able to play even a Master League, sigh, DLC (in the very remote case they'd put out one).

The bar has been lowered so much and it is really frustrating that none of our feedback has mattered over the years.

Konami and EA always release a decent version then patch it up to an awful state quickly to force people to go to the gambling modes they offer and that's the reality.

I just take offense to anyone downplaying these tactics from developers by trying to falsely lure genuine customers into their false advertising by claiming the game is better than the hot garbage that it is.

And no it's not an opinion, It is a fact that the game is missing around %80 of it's predecessors features including the ability to mod.

LONG COMMENT ALERT!

Copying my comment from Reddit:

I’d give the gameplay a rating of 8/10. For game modes, I’d give a rating of 1/10. I don’t want my positive review of the game (for the gameplay) to be understood by Konami as a reflection of my satisfaction with the game because I’m not satisfied at all. For the time Konami have taken, they have underperformed like crazy. Through their incompetence, they have managed to set the bar so low that even a regular gameplay patch feels they’ve gone a great job. Sorry.

Going further into the two things that need to be discussed and assessed here:

1. ⁠⁠GAMEPLAY: The gameplay is EF24 is brilliant. It’s a significant improvement over EF23 and it’s fun to play and enjoy. It’s not perfect (there’s no midfield battles) but this is the best we’ve had with an EF game. The game is such a joy to play.

2. ⁠⁠CONTENT: The game lacks content. It’s an absolute scandal if people look past this.

OFFLINE: If you’re an offline-only player, you’re not wanted. Go away. That’s Konami’s message. Here I’m not even talking about what they haven’t yet released like ML or Cups or League or Edit mode. What I’m referring is the bare minimum, bottom of the barrel requirement of having unlicensed teams in the trial match mode which already existed until a couple of days ago. So there’s literally no game mode for an offline player.

Its clear that Konami thinks that the offline players don’t bring in the money. If money is what they’re after, they could also put it up in their shop where you can buy the ability to unlock teams. What’s instead happened is, they have pulled with zero communication on why and when will it come or whether it will come.

ONLINE: Even the content for online players is a bare minimum. Are you able to play a day match in an online game? Are you able to enjoy the new additions of rain and snow in an online game? Can you pick a stadium of your choice in an online game? Can you create a custom tournament to play online? Is there co-op matchmaking? Even if you want to use the 12 or so available clubs and if you want to do a friend match, can you play 2v2 with your friends? Do you have an online mode like Pro Clubs in FIFA where you play as a particular player and develop him through online games? But we’ve got boosters! Good luck enjoying playing as a team of 100s vs 99s. Transition from a football video game to a video game complete.

The only thing you got is what you had in EF23 with better gameplay. Even the online players are done dirty and they don’t even realise it because there’s an improvement in gameplay.

You should demand game modes for both offline/online and more freedom in game settings and a half decent-UI. Even the indie games created by a couple of mates from dorm have better UI than EF. If you don’t make your voice heard for these, you won’t be getting any modes for the next couple of years. Can’t believe this is even something that needs pointing out.

Also, the ‘players complaining’ are also the reason the game has at least gone this far. Otherwise, they’d have just changed the wallpaper and game title and released it as a new version.
Coinami are indeed incompetent. That much cannot be understated, but they know exactly what they are doing when it comes to this game's poor and paltry development. They are playing catch-up with esports and they want to cultivate their own esports scene the way fifa, nba2k, madden and others have done. It's guaranteed success as far as revenue is concerned. It's also a safe way to make money when you are creatively bankrupt like Coinami. Just look at how lackluster dream team continues to be.

It's really not all positive opinions though is it, just the laughably bad ones where grown adults are acting like over excited children on Christmas morning because Konami pressed the hype button and made minor gameplay improvements.

But if it's against the rules I'll be happy to stop.

Let's see how long the honeymoon period lasts, I predict people getting fed up again within a couple of weeks.

Good god man, not this again.

Please don't quote me unless you would like to debate, it's a forum after all and I welcome all opinions.

All the best.

Fair enough, no issue with that. But is it really proper debate that you ridicule people whenever they come on here with positive things to say about the game?

I dont think all that much about the game, but I dont see people as behaving like children if they do. I get you dont like the game. I have a low level contempt for it, really, but you seem to be attacking the person, not the argument.

That's what what I was referring to.

In my view, I think that the midfield is tracking and there are a lot of variations of players on the part of the AI, I think we can feel a little excited, because it is a game in terms of gameplay that I haven't seen in a long time, I think it's better than any game I've played in my 37 years until today, which makes me sad and the lack of offline content is a shame not being able to even modify the time and difficulty, but I have hope!

Fair enough, no issue with that. But is it really proper debate that you ridicule people whenever they come on here with positive things to say about the game?

I dont think all that much about the game, but I dont see people as behaving like children if they do. I get you dont like the game. I have a low level contempt for it, really, but you seem to be attacking the person, not the argument.

That's what what I was referring to.
I'm sorry if you interpret it that way. I'm only referring to the posts that have been way over the top in praising EF24 considering we're still dealing with a hollow shell of a game.

I can see the gameplay improvements myself but at the end of the day this game has longevity only for the people who like the dream team format or who can bear playing trial mode for a full season. I also think Konami have sent the clearest message yet to offline players and yet some still don't seem to hear it.

I'm sorry if you interpret it that way. I'm only referring to the posts that have been way over the top in praising EF24 considering we're still dealing with a hollow shell of a game.

I can see the gameplay improvements myself but at the end of the day this game has longevity only for the people who like the dream team format or who can bear playing trial mode for a full season. I also think Konami have sent the clearest message yet to offline players and yet some still don't seem to hear it.

Sure. I see your point. And I'm with you on how pathetically bare bones the game is, 2/3 years in (I can never remember now, actually how long it's been out).

I guess from my point of view...it can feel a bit like being positive about the game causes a backlash on here, that isnt always directed at the arguments being made, but at the people themselves, and their judgement. I'm not one of those positive people really...I think the game is an embarrassment, but does have some impressive elements ie game shape, cpu AI (relative to the state cpu AI has been in, the last few years), but even so...

just downloaded the game, not entirely sure why. i literally have no idea what i can or should be doing from the menus, how do i just play a game with say, internationals against someone else? i know I am old and everything but the UI is atrocious.

for example, i just saw a promoted event using national teams, fair enough, click that and it's telling me i can sign a load of english players on loan, what does that mean? am i playing as england or what.:D

I'm now over just how piss poor this shambles of a launch has been and thinking of the future of this game this year.

The offline content will start to arrive most likely in November, seems the strategy is continue the same old shit, allow EAFC to come out for whatever99 a price and everyone is bored of that same old shit then come in with edit mode and offline master league stuff for 20-30 dollars $USD. Konami have in a way confirmed we will get offline content with just arrival of rain, snow which does not feature whatsoever in dream team. Why bother adding all this in to play 5-10 minute trial matches all year?

This game has ZERO legs if there is no offline content or expanded online experience with lobbies, custom teams, private leagues etc.. since there is no reward for all that's there now to play for online bar becoming a esports level player.

Even if your a new 7 year old kid who aren't old farts like us lot here who just wants to run around and dominate with BOOST Messi & Mbappe, the rewards of getting to division 1 aren't worth the effort. You don't have to even invest a single cent of your mum or dad's pocket money into this game to get a stacked team like I have either so that dominie hit will dry out. This game has no legs for even its current target market, Konami cannot hide behind any excuse for why this is still a goddam DEMO 2 YEARS LATER! after release! This player base is heading eventually for oblivion if its in the same exact state next year.

Why nobody at Konami seems to understand the financial value they will make from respecting the offline community and by delivering something proper offline for us would actually influence 2,5 and 10 fold more activity into this game online even if we had edit mode so i and others could add their own personalization into the game. Why so afraid of "They pay once and that's it, no microtransaction milking!". This is short term desperate thinking from Konami without something underneath dream team there's no reward playing this game.

Come to think of it, how much realism will ever be able to be condensed into a 10 minute experience of a football game. This takes me back to what Jimmy said many moons ago about 15 minutes minimum. Now i think anything beyond 15 minutes will very much push people into exploring FUMA since with more time and the freedom to put the ball into space properly will naturally open up players to so much variety simply not possible over 10 minutes which is a rush.

Exactly this, it's really difficult to understand & is the glimmer of hope that they are intending to offer offline modes eventually, I really want to believe they want to make eFootball and entire football game & not just an online money only money spinner, but for what ever reason it's taking them an excruciatingly long time to develop and implement the offline modes.

The AI has definatley been improved leaps and bounds, it's not accidentally better or placebo. It just doesn't make sense to allocate resources to it and make it that good just to leave it at that.

... fk yeah!!!:

looks good this game...Seen many nice looking twitter vids, particularly the ones captured at 60fps..I must admit Konami have done good with the animations in this game, particularly getting the basic movements right and natural looking. The transitions between animations have certainly been improved. Just hope they continue to add to this base, with more variety of animations.

And.... just to balance the positive with some negative... that skipping keeper animation needs a fix (the one you see after he saves and slides into the goal).

Back
Top Bottom