eFootball (All Platforms)

Im playing quite a bit of PES 2014 ML and vs 19, which on the ball is amazing i still think 14 is so much better, just like 17, and what they have in common vs 19 is an AI that feels like youre playing a HUM player, especially 17.
I played Pes 19 like a year and a half a go and loved attacking but once the CPU got hold of it and started repeating its only trick, low crosses it died for me.
Sadly, it had so much promise.
Think that cluster of PES games (17-18-19) had so much potential, but 17 came out the winner for me.
And how often didnt we course them back then, now...we have efootball!
What a shit show thats been

Did you.ever play the 'lost demo' that was accidentally released? I still have it on my ps3 somewhere. The dribbling wasnt great, but the rest of that game was like a rift in time had opened and the future of football games became momentarily visible.

The subsequent versions of pes 14 were overall better games, but they cut out much of the tech.

Apparently the blue samurai version is fantastic.

Did you.ever play the 'lost demo' that was accidentally released? I still have it on my ps3 somewhere. The dribbling wasnt great, but the rest of that game was like a rift in time had opened and the future of football games became momentarily visible.

The subsequent versions of pes 14 were overall better games, but they cut out much of the tech.

Apparently the blue samurai version is fantastic.
Never did, too bad that they really didnt get PES 14 right on development, and kept going with it in to 15 as well

Some of Konami's decision making is head scratching. I don't understand why they've kept some of that horrendous yellow and blue colour scheme in this year it just doesn't fit in with new blue/white scheme. Also it's annoying that they've once again removed most of the teams that were previously added to trial matches.

Im playing quite a bit of PES 2014 ML and vs 19, which on the ball is amazing i still think 14 is so much better, just like 17, and what they have in common vs 19 is an AI that feels like youre playing a HUM player, especially 17.
I played Pes 19 like a year and a half a go and loved attacking but once the CPU got hold of it and started repeating its only trick, low crosses it died for me.
Sadly, it had so much promise.
Think that cluster of PES games (17-18-19) had so much potential, but 17 came out the winner for me.
And how often didnt we curse them back then, now...we have efootball!
What a shit show thats been

PES17 was really good in terms how defence works. But AI defence was unbeatable too. It was impossible to trick them, AI players literally had no inertia and reacted immediatly on all your moves. Also PC version was outdated so I didn't see PES17 in all its glory. Still it's my 3rd favourite PES.

By the way, PES2020 DEMO is still on steamdb. Is it possible to rip it out?

Last edited:
I guess we all have a differing perception of reality. Mine certainly different to yours regarding the skating and animations/transitions... Dont notice the skating (no where near as much as lets say Fifa 23), and the animations and movements are the standout compared to PES2021. Makes PES2021 look stiff in comparison. Yeah, nets and shadows are bad.. Infact a lot of bad/incompleteness. For me PES2021 is still overall the best packaged football sim... But im now finally finding myself solely playing ef24, simply because of the superior and more refreshing gameplay including the smoother and more realistic animations. Hoping the next few update fixes a few of the issues you mentioned.
best packaged football sim? certainly not when u play ML, u want to break the controller and just quit the game because darn awful ai scripting...so i don t think it s the best sim

I still play PES 2017, picked it up for 50p from CEX after PES2021, it is head and shoulders above anything since, AI are varied, feels like your playing against your mate, the animations and possible ways of playing are brilliant.
lol pes 2017 ai are varied? lol, it s always the same pattern when the ai wants to score, no way, always repetitive goals and shot variation is same as pes 2021, and same scripting in ML as pes 2021,,almost always, striker turns to goal on edge of area and shoots bottom corner high ,always top right corner to score for ai, never middle, never close to the middle....no sirry

best packaged football sim? certainly not when u play ML, u want to break the controller and just quit the game because darn awful ai scripting...so i don t think it s the best sim
Im talking about PES2021 with its mods.. ie. Last few gp mods from Holland. Vastly different from vanilla version.... And this is whats getting me excited about EF24.. Seen some cool ai attacking that ive never ever seen before in the recent PES games (eg attackers actually dribbling and taking my defense on via speed changes and tricks etc.), and considering its the un modded vanilla version... It's a great base for modders to hopefully crack and work on.

Yep, seems the walking animation/player models look different in those first 13secs. Looks good actually.. Wish i had calves that size lol

lol pes 2017 ai are varied? lol, it s always the same pattern when the ai wants to score, no way, always repetitive goals and shot variation is same as pes 2021, and same scripting in ML as pes 2021,,almost always, striker turns to goal on edge of area and shoots bottom corner high ,always top right corner to score for ai, never middle, never close to the middle....no sirry
Well I think that you can say that it's more varied than it is in other games of the series, that's for sure.

I played some matches back in the day against FC Tokyo in which they would often cross the ball from a deep position to a target man upfront (the centre forward) which would then pass it with a header to an upcoming player for a shot. It happened twice in a match I recorded (the first time they managed to score, the other time the shot got saved by my keeper):

It wasn't the case with other teams in the game, which played in different ways than this. So, I think that we can say to some extent that PES 2017's AI had some variety in it. Maybe it's not as varied as it is in FIFA 14, but I still fine it more varied than it is in other games I've played.

Well I think that you can say that it's more varied than it is in other games of the series, that's for sure.

I played some matches back in the day against FC Tokyo in which they would often cross the ball from a deep position to a target man upfront (the centre forward) which would then pass it with a header to an upcoming player for a shot. It happened twice in a match I recorded (the first time they managed to score, the other time the shot got saved by my keeper):

It wasn't the case with other teams in the game, which played in different ways than this. So, I think that we can say to some extent that PES 2017's AI had some variety in it. Maybe it's not as varied as it is in FIFA 14, but I still fine it more varied than it is in other games I've played.
Oh mate, you lose your head there, what are you doing with the penalty tackle? Needless red :) Should have just stayed calm, stay in position, hold the player up and call for a 2nd guy to swamp him.

I love the animations on your guys protesting the red and your goalie's 2nd save in a row.

Can anyone help or explain the following please.. So now in all Trial Matches there is no longer the animations of "players walking on way to locker room with suit attire" which normally occurs between team selection screen and kit selection screen. The warmup animations occur, but next, the animations in the locker room prior game, as well as the line up/walk out animations no longer work.. it just goes straight to kick off without me pressing a button???

eg.

I'm going mad over this. Ive done the verify files on steam.. didnt work... Ive done a full reinstall... doesnt work. Is this happening with everyone else??? Has Konami suddenly changed this???

All the animations do work in Dream Team offline modes.

The main problem with legendary difficulty is the amount of effort u make in cr3ating chances, u don t get rewarded with goals, 7 shots on target and 59% possession won t let u score, this never happens in the other game, u always get rewarded for the effort u make, ther3 s just too much rigidity in EF 24 lfegendary difficulty same as pes 2021, when are close to the penalty area, u need to rely on a shot or some fluke clearing from a cross bu the cpu to get the goal, there isn y much variety in the shots on basic shooting, this won t let this game evolve anywhere, the same problems arw still there in this game, there is just not enough shot variety on basic shooting, the other game offers a lot more on basic shooting

Konami changed it, because they hate you enjoying yourself without giving them all your money.
Changed it when?? I swear it worked when i first started playing ef24....
Is this the same situation for everyone else here, ie. no more intros in trial mode?

Changed it when?? I swear it worked when i first started playing ef24....
Is this the same situation for everyone else here, ie. no more intros in trial mode?
Yeah they've disabled them it seems. On the one hand, they were obnoxiously long and disruptive... On the other hand, once in a while I wouldn't mind watching them.

Essentially, I don't see why they can't just give people, oh I don't know... A choice?

This game is so bare bones with options and customizable settings that even simple things like toggling entrance cutscenes on/off is too much to ask for.

The gameplay of the game right now make no sense of competing with others and i'm talking about skills and tactics of the player who has the joystick
there is big conflicts and I will give one example and its the random movement of player that he is far from your player who has the ball can take the ball from you because
you played Vs LOGIC it means the opposite and without even tackling or shoulder things when the game give the defender already an option for bring 2nd player
this player that I'm talking about is the third one lmao most of these players are even CMF not DMF so at least we can talk about strength of them specially if we have
classic players but kind of iconic moments with that acceleration and speed at the end classic is a special player but not like this.
It means that there is lot of assist from a side and lack of freedom and choices not even to score but create the chance of a goal or assist it means a pressure that guiding me
to throw the ball and because i have no Haaland for example to move even before i tackle the player not to throw the ball and how the midfield is f**up a good passer with bad body things can take the ball from behind
but a tall one and of course it is mine it will be a foul.

and now about Tactics.
Playing Style should be general case of positioning in different situations and that we can implement other things inside it or with it so here is my suggestion :
only 2 playing styles to respect the football things and because the game is simulation and a good one I'm sure real and skilled players will enjoy even if they will loose vs HAHI
so, first one is Possession and second one is out of possession
i will not go deeper cause i don't work for Konami and take money but i will try with these notes maybe you understand :
- Out of possession defending is like possession Counter Attack
- Defence line should comeback
- Left and right backs support attack or conservative also being between DEF and MID should comeback
and this let's take the example of Sane LWF with Davies he will take the ball in midfield or left attacking side so what i suggested will dynamic Davies movement after Sane take the ball and Sane before taking the ball
- About OUT WIDE, you can replace it with compactness and split it like I can encourage DEF to be a little aggressive and Wings to ask for a ball in opened places

Finally, i could go deeper but there is no money or even a project for the company to do it but i did my part and one things for low level players, look guys through pass and type of cards will never be the game mechanics
and I'm more than a player it means if there was what i suggested it is not even me any hardcore player will not let you even breath so that's it .
About commands i have a suggestion despite that No full manual users like me
if i played a pass with LB + A i will take the ball and the player that gave me pass will move deeper in field so if i want to pass to him not to another player in the direction it means even if the another player will take it it will be random for more random i will press LB + (Y twice) .
With holding that already we can't get the over power and if it is all all right best choice is locking pass.

About commands i have a suggestion despite that No full manual users like me
if i played a pass with LB + A i will take the ball and the player that gave me pass will move deeper in field so if i want to pass to him not to another player in the direction it means even if the another player will take it it will be random for more random i will press LB + (Y twice) .
With holding that already we can't get the over power and if it is all all right best choice is locking pass.
also

Can we get it by pressing R + R to right + L to right and maybe the rush too for ex ?
and also his Over the ball trick by holding R + L

the curve run isn't the goal poacher + half target man and good acceleration even if you have kinda low speed ?
reverse run is the same but the attacker considered space between 2 defenders cause its a long high through pass

and what is holding or blocking the game from tackles like this and i'm not talking to make every tackle looks like this but there is skilled people that can hit moments so it will never be a glitch for low skilled players to abuse or something special for only one player there is lot of conditions that's how these players either evolve or go play mobile

A PES 2010 dev can implement it
Ball things in some situations are the best from PES 2010 and PES 2011 (the worst PES 2012/2013/2018/2019)

Last edited:
I think your misremembering mate, I was literally playing it this morning (PS4) A.I shooting from distance, players activating runs, AI trying different ways of attacking from long ball, to out wide.

Amazing goal, but that skating is killing me

View attachment 235812

It's clear they want responsive movements, but lack the necessary animation data to show proper animations. They decided gameplay is more important than looks, so instead of waiting for more animations and better transition from the animation team, they said screw it we make it work now. Hopefully they will upgrade the animations to take place in the future.

Gameplay overall is more like real football. Sadly player switching and pass target locking somehow is worse however.

As for online there is even a much bigger gap between regular cards and boosted cards. You barely can move on the pitch vs those special cards now, they like 10 times faster.

It's clear they want responsive movements, but lack the necessary animation data to show proper animations. They decided gameplay is more important than looks, so instead of waiting for more animations and better transition from the animation team, they said screw it we make it work now. Hopefully they will upgrade the animations to take place in the future.

in my opinion, it will only be in unreal engine 5

Back
Top Bottom