eFootball (All Platforms)

Ok ok.. just had a couple of games. Bit disappointed as a offline, trial game only player. Nothing new in terms of settings available. Just some new brazilian teams, turkish teams, and some old brazilian stadiums brought back.

Gameplay.. not sure if anything has changed.. only played 5 mins to check a few things out.. but pretty much the same.

Only noticable improvement: Net physics slightly improved.. or is it my imagination ahhahah.. I actually think they are better.. not EAfc standard though.
Here is a clip.. am i seeing shite!!?? hhahah:

From 1 match and training, i believe they've corrected GK animation, skipping transition on the ground.

Very quick couple of matches having not had time to play for a week or more.

Only konami would add in two leagues without mentioning it. Ligue Un back in. Turkish league added.

Ground pass physics dont feel quite as velvety, and there is slightly less of a sense of rhythm from pass to pass (it's more pes 6 now, less pes 5) but the ball leaves the ground more, and there is more detail to the passes. More curl and movement on the ball now generally, but still nowhere near enough.

Game is calmer, slower, more considered. Better AI for teammates and cpu (really noticeable after coming from fifa).

Some credit due to konami (or whatever his name is who develops this game). They have actually started with this patch to add grit and detail to the game.

Also seen some new animations which is surprising, though as somebody mentioned before, maybe they've now added in the animation data they had missed before through hurrying the release. Danilo (psg) changing directions and backward jockeying had some very impressive leg movements.

6.5/7 out of 10 for gameplay for me.

What it does well, it does far far better than any game has done before, (in my opinion).

But still gameplay has lots missing. Proper stats, more player id, better and varied physics, more ways to dribble and interact with the ball. More tactical options.
Remains a good tech demo for AI, player weight, game shape, dribbling, and ground passing.
In other words, a good game outside of the penalty areas.

Keep going Mr Developer, whoever you are!

All I want from eFootball is all the teams, options and an edit mode to to something with unlicensed teams/generic players. If they released that onto a disc or something, I would indeed buy it
I suppouse that such kind game-as-a-service can not to be released on disc due that content changes with every update and game is free-to-play.

Have any of the gameplay changes had a noticeable impact? I'll be jumping on later and will terribly edit the clips i made last night on sharefactory to add in here. none of them are anything spectacular but that the sort of stuff i enjoy and what i think makes this game decent. Lots of moments that work exactly as i intended and look a lot like a proper game of football.

Last edited:
Yeah, a sloth pace but at least the game is getting better now unlike the other franchise.

Agreed. They are at least moving in the right direction. And have taken the time to build something like a realistic base.

I do wonder whether this game can add acceleration to either the players or the ball though. It seems quite one paced at times, and so misses the explosive quality that the other game does have (albeit erratically and in defiance of the rules of nature).

Ok ok.. just had a couple of games. Bit disappointed as a offline, trial game only player. Nothing new in terms of settings available. Just some new brazilian teams, turkish teams, and some old brazilian stadiums brought back.

Gameplay.. not sure if anything has changed.. only played 5 mins to check a few things out.. but pretty much the same.

Only noticable improvement: Net physics slightly improved.. or is it my imagination ahhahah.. I actually think they are better.. not EAfc standard though.
Here is a clip.. am i seeing shite!!?? hhahah:

Damn the keepers are really bad with this new update, huh!!!

for me today's update gives bitter taste this game will stay the same as pes with little stuff added in gameplay but not something new. players movement take backward step, ball movement also. there is nothing new that will excite players who play pes for years even decades

for me today's update gives bitter taste this game will stay the same as pes with little stuff added in gameplay but not something new. players movement take backward step, ball movement also. there is nothing new that will excite players who play pes for years even decades

In what way do you feel the player movement has gone backwards? I just played a few games and the changes are particularly noticeable but i do think it feels overall more refined. Keepers definitely do their weird floaty jump less which surprisingly makes a huge difference to how they look.

The more i play the more i'm enjoying, even with the classic PES issues which i think will remain forever. When my clips have finished processing i'll give some more detail when i post them on why.

Here are a few clips I got from last night/a couple of games today. For context, all authentic team clips (apart from al hilal) are on superstar. The AL hilal ones are on professional and the dream team games top player.

Most of the clips are just little animations, dribbles or things i thought show the good stuff in the game. The long barcelona clip i left whole basically because there are quite a few nice passing animations, skills and the part i love most which is the heavy touch by balde right at the end.

Finally, after more extended play there are a few things which i didn't mention before which i think a really under appreciated:

1. Variation in touches - Worse players or bad balls often lead to heavy touches which is a world away from FIFA where the ball feels glued. This becomes even more pronounced when players are tired. There's also really good variation in touches depending on if you tap R1, tap it twice or press nothing when receiving the ball or dribbling and it leads to a lot of nice moments. It also leads to a lot of overcooked dribbled which you see a few times in the clips.
  2. Fatigue - really has an impact on players' ability which i love. later in the game players start feeling sluggish and balls under hit/shots weaker.
  3. Body shape - for the first time in a very long time, it feels important to be well balanced and have the ball in a good position to hit good shots. The variation in those shots is still way off what it needs to be but it is there and it makes me think twice about shots. This extends to weak foot accuracy especially on crosses.

Last edited:
Here are a few clips I got from last night/a couple of games today. For context, all authentic team clips (apart from al hilal) are on superstar. The AL hilal ones are on professional and the dream team games top player.

Most of the clips are just little animations, dribbles or things i thought show the good stuff in the game. The long barcelona clip i left whole basically because there are quite a few nice passing animations, skills and the part i love most which is the heavy touch by balde right at the end.

Finally, after more extended play there are a few things which i didn't mention before which i think a really under appreciated:

1. Variation in touches - Worse players or bad balls often lead to heavy touches which is a world away from FIFA where the ball feels glues. This becomes even more pronounced when players are tired. There's also really good variation in touches depending on if you tap R1, tap it twice or press nothing when receiving the ball or dribbling and it leads to a lot of nice moments. It also leads to a lot of overcooked dribbled which you see a few times in the clips.
  2. Fatigue - really has an impact on players' ability which i love. later in the game players start feeling sluggish and balls under hit/shots weaker.
  3. Body shape - for the first time in a very long time, it feels important to be well balanced and have the ball in a good position to hit good shots. The variation in those shots is still way off what it needs to be but it is there and it makes me think twice about shots. This extends to weak foot accuracy especially on crosses.

Am I right in remembering you weren't that keen on this game till recently?

Nice observations too. Will look out for those elements.

Am I right in remembering you weren't that keen on this game till recently?

Nice observations too. Will look out for those elements.

I hated 23 and havent played any football games for more than a couple of hours for 5-6 years. I have been very pleasantly surprised by this update (24, not today's)

How are people enjoying the demo-like experience these days? Any good?

Anybody who has thought all releases so far are shite been swayed by the new one?

How are people enjoying the demo-like experience these days? Any good?

Anybody who has thought all releases so far are shite been swayed by the new one?
Yeah I think it's decent for what it is.
Hated all the versions till now as they all felt like mobile game on consoles.

This one has a nice flow to it, solid AI, nice dribbling and decent gameplay.

Been playing offline events against AI by using Dream Team with default players. Didn't claim any of the super stars Konami gifted me.

Could have had a team full of stars by day 2, but I don't see any fun in this. So I'm playing full Manual, with default players and having fun.

Obviously - there's no purpose in it, no league, or structure, but for a bit of football fix - it works better than Pes21 did.

I am think that current situation with so-called "soccer simulators" - it's a literally crime against "true sport principles".

For example, it's impossible to play against such squads:

e-Football-Platinum-Squad.jpg

P.S. Nothing new certainly, but at least they can make may be weird rules and physics but the same for all teams, it's not now.

One of the things I was noticing is that opposition teams were similar and seemed like I was playing the same team albeit AI a lot better. Playing the Brazilian league I am noticing more variety in how the opposition play especially off the ball....i.e. not all with a high press. Maybe just the league or not noticed before. Also the turfs look better and are churning up. Again, could be me not paying attention before but I like the effect re the turf churning up. Much more subtle than FIFA...albeit can't help think the time doing this would be better spent on other features...but I'll take what I can.

View attachment 238901Today I am watching AFC and spotted efootball, Konami logo. And I am forgetting but in a league I saw efootball logo on tshirt of support stuff. They are promoting the game on the field quite silently.
Now I just noticed today so I am not sure if this thing is happening from past.I just want to tell this and if this is a old thing sorry😅 for spamming.
It's not new, KONAMI have sponsored the AFC Champions League for a few years now.

Back
Top Bottom