eFootball (All Platforms)

I guess it shows clearly in what terrible state the alternative is....
The alternative is in a much better state, because at least it is a full game and has also sliders, which can modify the experience for many players. Only because you don‘t like the gameplay doesn‘t mean the state it is in is worse than eFootball. Also EA at least did not lie about releasing a next gen game (which is why many people bought a 30€ patch, what PES 21 really was) and then suddenly change everything and release eFootball as a free to play mobile game.

Don‘t get me wrong. I don‘t like EAFC/Fifas Gameplay but I really hate this argumentation. Since 3 years ago, all Konami is putting out, is a Demo with partially horrible gameplay. But all I ever hear is „Yeah but Fifa is even worse“ as an argument. Sorry that is just delusional and it is no wonder that Konami still don‘t release more modes. They make enough money as it is.

That's how I took it also. I didn't see any hidden dig there. Especially that I play online from time to time and know how bad it can be.

No one claims this game is amazing, but it has a solid gameplay and decent AI in offline events. And if I can pass a ball around to intended targets on full Manual - surely passing can't be that bad.
The passing is one of the major plus points for me on this game. I play manual passing and feel comfortable knowing that the game will match my inputs. If a pass doesn't go where I want it to, I know it's my mistake. I like the fact that when I make a decent pass it was down to me and not any assistance.

One thing I liked, from a match I played yesterday on Professional was a long through ball played to in front of an opposition defender from one side and my striker, Alvarez, ran onto it from the other side, just getting to the ball by cutting across the defender and sprinting off to slot the ball into the far bottom corner for a goal. On previous games the defender would have just got to that or Alvarez would have stopped and been tackled when picking up the ball. It's certainly added to more variety in attacking. Game is definitely going in the right direction.

You're right, there is still a really good passing game. I played a few more on pc and it's still good. It's lost a little something, but it'll come back, konami always bring it back to where it was eventually.

And its internally consistent agreed. I quite like ea 24, but you literally have no idea what will happen moment to momentum. It's systems are unstable.

Teammate AI is great. Cpu AI even better. Game less chaotic than 3.0.

I play on pa3. Maybe why I'm feeling the difference a little more??
.Might try manual as this game is really looking close to a real match at times...
Definitely move to manual passing! I did that from PES16 onwards and couldn't go back to anything assisted. So much more fun to play. Crossing is hardest thing for me, but only when I overthink it. Just need to treat it like you would a ground pass and play it to the area you're intending. It's when I try to do manual curling crosses it usually ends up out for a goal kick, but I have done some great whipped like crosses though, so can be worth the risk!

What I don't understand is how people are spending money on this game currently? I haven't spent anything on it, but have a Dream Team full of 5 star players in every position. I barely even play the game either. Maybe works out on average as a few matches a month since efootball launched.

The alternative is in a much better state, because at least it is a full game and has also sliders, which can modify the experience for many players. Only because you don‘t like the gameplay doesn‘t mean the state it is in is worse than eFootball. Also EA at least did not lie about releasing a next gen game (which is why many people bought a 30€ patch, what PES 21 really was) and then suddenly change everything and release eFootball as a free to play mobile game.

Don‘t get me wrong. I don‘t like EAFC/Fifas Gameplay but I really hate this argumentation. Since 3 years ago, all Konami is putting out, is a Demo with partially horrible gameplay. But all I ever hear is „Yeah but Fifa is even worse“ as an argument. Sorry that is just delusional and it is no wonder that Konami still don‘t release more modes. They make enough money as it is.
I personally would argue the opposite but it’s preference and a totally moot point.

We shouldn’t have to choose but I’m playing the game for enjoyment. If the very thing I’m playing isn’t fun but looks nice and has loads of game modes, it still isn’t fun and I won’t play it.

So for me, it’s better to play the limited package which I enjoy playing far more.

Also, this argument about no incentive to improve the package. Every single person who plays dream team will continue to, and everyone else who wants more from a game will buy it on top of that. If anything FIFA is proof of that with their diabolical gameplay year on year. Even reviewers have begun to get sick of it an call it out. So by your own argument “it’s no wonder EA don’t make gameplay better, they make enough money as it is”.

I guess what eFootball does really well is showing EA people that having decent AI does not interfere with having decent online.
That you don't need to switch 10 players off in order to increase "sKiLL gAP".

When eFootball announced that they will focus on 1v1 - I shivered. Thought they will follow EA steps and just turn all your team mates off.

But they actually just did what they said - made dribbling more responsive and defending more complex, which resulted in more rewarding 1v1.

You can say all you want about eFootball being demo for the last 3 years, but at least they are building an actual football game that requires 11 players to get the full experience. Not 1 player and 10 traffic cones.

Regardless of the content, at least eFootball represents a game of football. Hopefully the recent survey may give them an indication on what to improve.

They are in a position to make eFootball more than just an afterthought.

I have now been playing a few hours every day and if they added ML and edit it will definitely see me through the year. I never thought I’d say that again and I still can’t believe how good the foundation is. I repeat, it’s far far from perfect but PES always and we tend to look back with rose tinted specs. I think as I’ve got older it’s become a lot easier for me to overlook some things but also being starved of any sort of enjoyment, really since FIFA16, it’s so refreshing.

Also nice to have see some conversation in here again. I’ve been on this site for almost 20 years which is insane, and I was a mod on WENB. These forums were a big part of my early teens and it’s pretty cool to see some signs of life in the series.

I have now been playing a few hours every day and if they added ML and edit it will definitely see me through the year. I never thought I’d say that again and I still can’t believe how good the foundation is. I repeat, it’s far far from perfect but PES always and we tend to look back with rose tinted specs. I think as I’ve got older it’s become a lot easier for me to overlook some things but also being starved of any sort of enjoyment, really since FIFA16, it’s so refreshing.

Also nice to have see some conversation in here again. I’ve been on this site for almost 20 years which is insane, and I was a mod on WENB. These forums were a big part of my early teens and it’s pretty cool to see some signs of life in the series.

I totally agree with you.

After many years, i (we) finally have a PES (or eFootball) that is close to the old PES games from the PS2 era. And I'm not saying this with an exaggeration. Certainly, back then, PES was a fantastic game by its standards. For today's standards, eFootball might not match those old games as a whole, but it's very close. We shouldn't forget that times have changed. Online gaming has become an integral part of our lives. Unfortunately, Master League will never be a priority for KONAMI again. Personally, this doesn't bother me too much because I've always been more of a 1vs1 player rather than playing offline against the CPU. 90% of my involvement with PES has been playing with friends, and the other 10% includes ML and other tournament/league modes. Today, that 90% is covered by online. Sadly, there's a lot of negativity and rage in faceless online gaming, which is why I'm trying to start a league here on EvoWeb to have more humane matches. Matches that resemble the ones we used to play with friends side by side, but now from a distance.

Regarding the gameplay, I was initially puzzled after the update, but I had misunderstood it. There has been a slight change in development philosophy. They've improved some aspects (midfield play, more challenging controls, slower pace, minimal player deactivations) and compromised on others (looser player feel, worse through passes). However, as a general feeling, the game is fantastic. I feel like I'm playing rational football, especially with the improved midfield play.

Is everything fine? Not at all.

What I'd like to see improved are penalty system. As they are now, I feel like there's a 1 in 3 chance of missing a penalty. If the goalkeeper goes in the right direction, there's a 95% chance he'll save it. Penalties need to feel more natural. In this aspect, FIFA is much better.

Also, something that would enhance the goal-scoring experience is the nets. They should improve the net physics. They should copy what FIFA has done. It's the best when it comes to net physics.

I really like the ball physics and how it reacts when hitting bodies, but there's room for improvement. However, I can live with it as it is now.

Personally, I'm not a manual player. In my settings, I have basic shooting and level 3 passing. I'd prefer it if they removed the 1 & 2 levels, but I know they won't.

And now FIFA. Because I've played a lot FIFA from 2010 up to last year (which I liked quite a bit, especially FIFA 10 WC & FIFA 11 on consoles), the gameplay these days is absolutely garbage. What keeps people playing FIFA these days is FUT and the community it has built. Since I bought a 1-month EA PLAY subscription to try FC24, I have to say it's one of the worst FIFA games I've played. It hardly resembles football.

Definitely move to manual passing! I did that from PES16 onwards and couldn't go back to anything assisted. So much more fun to play. Crossing is hardest thing for me, but only when I overthink it. Just need to treat it like you would a ground pass and play it to the area you're intending. It's when I try to do manual curling crosses it usually ends up out for a goal kick, but I have done some great whipped like crosses though, so can be worth the risk!
Short simple passes is the hardest for me but once i get used to it it became natural. You need to be gentle with the power bar for short passes. The use of camera also important. Use the one you most comfortable with. Its a try and error process. For me its stadium cam 5,0,2. The less angle it is the better for me

going to try to play today after a year and when i try to put my old user/konami id it says its already taken

what do i do? start from 0 again?

edit i can log on the website of that konami id, says its connected to a steam account but in game its like started from scratch

Last edited:
Tried an offline match but it is not clicking with me yet. Will play some more games at a later point and maybe increase the difficulty to give it a fair chance. Judging at the video's I came accross it does seem to come together step by step.

By the way, anyone else find it hard to get adjusted to the control scheme when coming from PES23? I am so adjusted to using R2 and that little body feint (quickly flicking LS) that the removal of these things makes me feel as if i am playing with my hands om my back. Maybe there are other similar moves you can fall back too, you know, those little moves that are suitable for a lot of situations, as such that they become an automatism?

Short simple passes is the hardest for me but once i get used to it it became natural. You need to be gentle with the power bar for short passes. The use of camera also important. Use the one you most comfortable with. Its a try and error process. For me its stadium cam 5,0,2. The less angle it is the better for me
Yeah, short passes need just a very light tap. I really like the way the special pass/shot system works. Can only do those (with purple power bar) when you have enough time on the ball. Did a great mid height, fast paced, cross field ball earlier that hit perfectly. Not seen that on previous pes games before. I do miss the lifted long pass modifier though. Think that's a big miss personally when you just want to float a higher ball in to the back post or when things in the opposition box are a bit crowded.

I personally would argue the opposite but it’s preference and a totally moot point.

We shouldn’t have to choose but I’m playing the game for enjoyment. If the very thing I’m playing isn’t fun but looks nice and has loads of game modes, it still isn’t fun and I won’t play it.

So for me, it’s better to play the limited package which I enjoy playing far more.

Also, this argument about no incentive to improve the package. Every single person who plays dream team will continue to, and everyone else who wants more from a game will buy it on top of that. If anything FIFA is proof of that with their diabolical gameplay year on year. Even reviewers have begun to get sick of it an call it out. So by your own argument “it’s no wonder EA don’t make gameplay better, they make enough money as it is”.
Like I said, I don‘t like EA and Fifa one bit or more than Konami. So not really a counter argument, because what you said is also my argument. Ea doesn‘t need to make the gameplay better, because too many people buy the game blindly.

You can enjoy the game more if you want. But to think that this product is in better state than Fifa or EA FC is just wrong and also just blind Support, because we all loved or love Konami. Playing efootball with the argument that the other game is even worse, is just something I can‘t understand. To get a really great game, it is not enough to say „But the other game is even less fun!“. The game should be great on its own. But the truth is that both games are so far away from what we should have at this point, but at least one game is a full package. So I would say that this game is per se in a better state.

Tried an offline match but it is not clicking with me yet. Will play some more games at a later point and maybe increase the difficulty to give it a fair chance. Judging at the video's I came accross it does seem to come together step by step.

By the way, anyone else find it hard to get adjusted to the control scheme when coming from PES23? I am so adjusted to using R2 and that little body feint (quickly flicking LS) that the removal of these things makes me feel as if i am playing with my hands om my back. Maybe there are other similar moves you can fall back too, you know, those little moves that are suitable for a lot of situations, as such that they become an automatism?
I now reconfigure my controls for pes 2021 to use R2 as sprint. Feels more natural actually, as R2 is the button for racing games, so actually makes sense. Plus R2 on efootball allows for incremental sprint speed.

When you do offline, do you play Dream Team ai? Professional I find to be a great level for me personally as a manual passing player (standard shooting). Had a great 3-3 draw with AI Inter Milan earlier today. Love how better ai dribbling players do natural looking skills to take you on. Just wish they would pass it backwards a bit more, rather than look go for forward passes all the time once they get to midfield and beyond.

I now reconfigure my controls for pes 2021 to use R2 as sprint. Feels more natural actually, as R2 is the button for racing games, so actually makes sense. Plus R2 on efootball allows for incremental sprint speed.

When you do offline, do you play Dream Team ai? Professional I find to be a great level for me personally as a manual passing player (standard shooting). Had a great 3-3 draw with AI Inter Milan earlier today. Love how better ai dribbling players do natural looking skills to take you on. Just wish they would pass it backwards a bit more, rather than look go for forward passes all the time once they get to midfield and beyond.
What formation are you using? Might be placebo but i find that the game shape, marking and closing down of the AI is better after the update on top player.

Yes, and how truly desperate we all are. Sad times.
Yep. IMO everyone says they are playing these shocking new EAFC and eFootball games largely because they want something fresh, even if they are not good.
Well go back and play the PES games on PS1 and PS2, as many don't go back. Yeah they are old, but they will feel fresh, as you will have forgotten the intricacies of the games and they are all play differently and you will actually have fun.

For example, I've been playing PES 2 recently, and no one really talks about it, but to me it is brilliant and plays very differently to any of the modern PES games and even to PES 3/4/5/6.

Last edited:
Yep. IMO everyone says they are playing these shocking new EAFC and eFootball games largely because they want something fresh, even if they are not good.
Well go back and play the PES games on PS1 and PS2, as many don't go back. Yeah they are old, but they will feel fresh, as you will have forgotten the intricacies of the games and they are all play differently and you will actually have fun.

For example, I've been playing PES 2 recently, and no one really talks about it, but to me it is brilliant and plays very differently to any of the modern PES games and even to PES 3/4/5/6.
i d like to try it, but im afraid i ll be outdone by the movement and the animations getting dated

I totally agree with you.

After many years, i (we) finally have a PES (or eFootball) that is close to the old PES games from the PS2 era. And I'm not saying this with an exaggeration. Certainly, back then, PES was a fantastic game by its standards.

I feel like I'm playing rational football, especially with the improved midfield play.

Is everything fine? Not at all.

Also, something that would enhance the goal-scoring experience is the nets. They should improve the net physics. They should copy what FIFA has done. It's the best when it comes to net physics.

I really like the ball physics and how it reacts when hitting bodies, but there's room for improvement. However, I can live with it as it is now.

Personally, I'm not a manual player. In my settings, I have basic shooting and level 3 passing. I'd prefer it if they removed the 1 & 2 levels, but I know they won't.

And now FIFA. Because I've played a lot FIFA from 2010 up to last year (which I liked quite a bit, especially FIFA 10 WC & FIFA 11 on consoles), the gameplay these days is absolutely garbage. What keeps people playing FIFA these days is FUT and the community it has built. Since I bought a 1-month EA PLAY subscription to try FC24, I have to say it's one of the worst FIFA games I've played. It hardly resembles football.
Last night I was playing it till 3 am. I hadn't do that since ....I don't even remember.
I really enjoy offline superstar, fully manual games, and I think this version is the best ever.
Of course I would like to see some minor improvemets tha will elevate the experience.
1. More variety to the trajectory of the shots (which are finally very rewarding and have the zip they was missing)
2. Of course net physic and sound (it will elevate the rewarding feeling of scoring)
3. Body collisions are still very obsolete. Bodies are like colliding bottles and then some pre canned animations are triggered.
4. Ball physics in ground passes, how the ball rolls, spins, bounces it's very repetitive and sometime times feel very light, like a ballon
5. Some animations are still clunky, especially in changing direction with slow speed.
6. Grass could be more 3D during gameplay
7. Shadows are unacceptable (In night matches the ball has only one shadow but players have 4)
8. Still some player awareness issues (rare thankfully)
9. Goalkeeper dives are still ridiculous and unnatural.
10. Still the photorealism of PES 2014 is not there.
11. Jostling and body intreaction, especially in standing tackle need work

But in this version I really appreciate some key elements:
1. Responsiveness
2. Finally simple dribbling with R2 (taps and differentions in pressing) is effective and works like a charm.
3. CPU plays almost like a human, with a lot of variety
4. Speed and tempo of the game
5. Shooting with R2 is ...😍😍😍
6. Inertia/momentum is very good (yet not perfect)
7. Nice feel of randomness
8. I don't feel the infamous "rails"
9. Stats DO matter!
10. Tackling in space! Finally!

Also with high graphics mod, I enjoy much better graphics, cloth and hair animation in game finally! (I missed it since PES 2014).

So, if We9le was the 10, ef2024 is a solid 9 gameplay wise.

And all these FOR FREE!

Can't wait for KONAMI to ruin it totally!🥳

Full manual is completely broken for me. My players dont react to my passes. Also passing power has changed especially with high balls you cant switch play anymore. I think before the update it felt way better.

PA1 level 3 passing its unplayable online (EDIT yeah i meant level 3, the formar pass assist 1)
the worst its the short passes always too weak, you cant put power or zip in them

i think its this way so that the cards catching fire can out run the ball

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom