eFootball (All Platforms)

I came back here to share how much I enjoy AI matches. They are really amazing. AI must be the best AI ever existed in a football game. Most human-like than many user matches. As for gameplay, believe me playing in FUMA unlocks new levels of freedom. You can create score chances, even amazing goals from your creativity. You can try or maybe gamble some long passes, or shoots. Nothing to be bored about, not (so much) repetition from AI, unique goals (AI scored a screamer at 92' that cost me the win, but I LOVED IT), real football drama.
Some fixes here and there and ofcourse more offline modes will deliver the best football game experience ever.
For me it's the best football game available to play. Not perfect but the best in comparison. (Considering that Pes 5/6 are good, but obsolete for today's standards in many ways).
really? you loved a 92 minute goal with this game having problems with scripting and goals in the last minutes since i dont know 2018?

nothing at the moment unfortunately. I’m also not a fan of dream team but it is very quick to assemble a decent side which you can use to do offline tournaments and it’s currently keeping me interested. Not sure how long for though. ML would really elevate this game.
Man I can’t believe Konami have just abandoned offline modes. This area is what gripped us OG’s in the first place. Really disappointing, it feels like Konami have sold their soul with this

Man I can’t believe Konami have just abandoned offline modes. This area is what gripped us OG’s in the first place. Really disappointing, it feels like Konami have sold their soul with this
I know this sounds strange, given we’ve been saying it since late 2021, but give them a bit more time. Their roadmap was always going to prioritize the online modes and tweak the gameplay as they go before committing to any offline content of note. Given they seem to have found their groove with the online crap to match EA’s (F)UT and the gameplay is getting closer, we can hope they have the focus to expand the offline features.

But it’s Konami so we might not get anything 🤷🏼

Have they added any more office accessories into the code that maybe hints at a possible Master League?

Maybe a pen, or angry Phil Collins Chairman stomping around the office after you've just played your balls off and scabbed a 0-0 at Man City but he's fuming.
I believe someone has found reference to it in the game files but hard to know if that's legacy or not. I have no idea if they rebuilt from scratch, I highly doubt it so there's every chance the references don't mean anything.

Having said that, it's always easy to find a game online, they're probably making a load of cash from dream team, so that may give them the platform to build and add other modes as they originally planned.

The game is probably in as healthy state as its been for years. We can hope.

So if im onboard on how eFootball works nowadays.
Its pretty much Myclub right (old PES online game)?
And theyre giving away coins left and right too?
Its easy to build a superteam quite fast, without spending any real cash,right?
How the fuck makes this a cash cow vs FUT?
FUT is all kids/YT/idiots splashing cash for a pay to win game, we all know that and how much money that generates, but this?

Its pretty much Myclub right
Sort of

And theyre giving away coins left and right too?
Yes
Its easy to build a superteam quite fast, without spending any real cash
Yes
How the fuck makes this a cash cow vs FUT?
🤷

FUT is all kids/YT/idiots splashing cash for a pay to win game, we all know that and how much money that generates, but this?
I THINK it's down to some super extra boosted, or unique players.
So you pay to get 110 overall Messi, or September 2014 Neymar with moustache...
But that just my guess...🤷

Now - the good thing is that you can play Offline Events Against AI. If you don't claim all the superstars and just build your default team and train them - there is some fun to be had there.

Sort of

Yes

Yes

🤷

Now - the good thing is that you can play Offline Events Against AI. If you don't claim all the superstars and just build your default team and train them - there is some fun to be had there.
Im a bit intrigued with it, not enough to DL though:)
But who knows, maybe ill get on it SINCE I DONT HAVE A GAZILLION OTHER FOOTIE GAMES THAT IM PLAYING!!!
Joke aside, cant be that big of a turnover for them really?

Sort of

Yes

Yes

🤷

Your were I was April 2022.

18 months or so and my 3rd free Neymar later later I'm just tired of Konami now.

This game is still a lifeless DEMO!

I wouldn't go that far.
As much as I agree that AI is very very solid - I really miss proper player ID.
I remember in old PES games when I saw Zidane warming up, or Roberto Carlos - I knew I was in trouble. I was manually setting up man marking on them and every time they had a ball - they were a threat.
I didn't feel this sort of Player ID for many years now. Last time I felt some traces of it was Pes2018. eFootball definitely lacks proper player ID to make me afraid of certain players.

"Bruh" ... as the saying goes.

So I have recently decided to go on a journey & play a ML or 2 on every game in the series, starting at WE5FE (PES1).
The player ID is so prominent & it's awesome. Even if it means that the start of ML, consists of getting wrecked, consistently. :LOL:

Bierhoff/Shearer .. If you don't put the tallest defender & man mark these, you will be punished on nearly every cross.
Zola/Joe Cole .. they will dribble past your whole midfield & it really is glorious to watch. This AI is from PS2?
Desailly .. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

I'm only in div 2 at the moment, so I haven't even got to the best players yet.

Just one more not on this beast of an AI in this game, you know when you apply full pressure & can pre-determine where the cpu will pass & so you intercept it easily. Not this game mate! The CPU will change it's mind, turn & pass out the other way. There are mistakes, but it's not a stupid amount, that you can cheese like the other games. It really highlights the importance of a good AI.

Anyway, I didn't mean to review WE5FE here, but here we are .. carry on lads..

I remember about 4-5 years ago when playing PES with a friend on 2v2 online (we were a normal team vs a myClub team) - the myClub team obviously hammered us as they had bought the players & scripting in their favour.

After the match I just remember my friend turning his head to me and saying "Mate, the way PES is going, in about 5 years time it will only be this myClub shite available to play and nothing else...."

By fuck was he right.......

Sorry, maybe I'm going off topic threads, I'm going to ask about modifications to the PES 2017 scoreboard
hello guys, first of all, nice to meet you, I'm just getting into the world of game modification, this time I'm learning to modify the scoreboard for the Premier League, I've been looking for a lot of tutorials and as we know there is no Hex Info for the EPL Scoreboard (Game2dEngF) maybe there is but I didn't find it.

but I didn't give up looking for a solution and it paid off, but the results weren't perfect.

TEST.JPG

I know I'm not in the wrong place to tell stories and share opinions. like the picture above I used the color palate as the background of (Team Name Text) here I found a bug that the color bar was not in the perfect position, I repeatedly adjusted the UVMap but it didn't work.

Please help friends

Yeah, from the short time I've played, the actual players you can buy from the "market" are limited. I don't know if it's made up of players released by genuine other players or it's curated by Konami but it's certainly not a full pool of players. On top of that, none of these are the boosted players, I had Bellingham, trained him up to max level and the Bellingham I got at the start of this season was still better.

It gets a little tedious with same players too and after you've built your first team, it does take a little while to rebuild enough coins or points to buy a lot more. I actually think the balance is right, I don't feel like i'm grinding but I am forced to play. You know what kids are like these days, need everything immediately and when superstar packs release, they want em.

Sorry, maybe I'm going off topic threads, I'm going to ask about modifications to the PES 2017 scoreboard
hello guys, first of all, nice to meet you, I'm just getting into the world of game modification, this time I'm learning to modify the scoreboard for the Premier League, I've been looking for a lot of tutorials and as we know there is no Hex Info for the EPL Scoreboard (Game2dEngF) maybe there is but I didn't find it.

but I didn't give up looking for a solution and it paid off, but the results weren't perfect.

View attachment 240800

I know I'm not in the wrong place to tell stories and share opinions. like the picture above I used the color palate as the background of (Team Name Text) here I found a bug that the color bar was not in the perfect position, I repeatedly adjusted the UVMap but it didn't work.

Please help friends

Haha, that is truly off topic!! (Meant as a gentle joke, rather than sarcasm).

I remember the pes 17 demo was probably the most exciting demo of the lot.

So I have been playing the Demo Experience a bit in the AFC Champions League.
I usually play PES on Top Player, apart from BAL which I play on Professional. And although I think I have played most Dream Team on Pro, with eDemo being harder than PES, I get no enjoyment out of it in the AFC. It is just incredibly dull. I may win games but I don't enjoy them. On Top Player, though, I can not get a win to save my life but I do find it fun to play. Every goal is hard fought for and even when the other team beats me in extra time it doesn't feel unfair.
What makes Top Player harder might be that FUMA is just harder to execute. PES always had a smidge of assist in their manual passing but I don't feel a lot of that here. So even when I feel I have made a decent pass with my fingers I sometimes watch my player just pass it to the other team. Player switching when receiving the ball is also off. PES has always had a problem in FUMA with deciding who you are passing to, you may make the perfect pass to someone only for some other bloke miles off coming to collect instead. In eDemo the AI can wait ages to show the icon on the receiving player so you are kind of in limbo waiting to see who is supposed to get the pass. I'm not sure if this is some player switching setting I haven't changed to match PES or something, but right now it at least feels different.
Ball ricochets are very odd at times, almost like the ball gains energy from hitting a player and bounces off him harder than it hit him. Other than that the ball physics have improved and stuff like stunning crosses can be very satisfying.
So I think the onfield stuff is much improved and I think I would dive in if there was ever any real offline content. The way they feel forced to cram the offline AFC into the online framework, like when the game "searches for opponent" although it has already told you who you are playing, and the "Get 7+ points" bollocks (YOU DON'T ALWAYS NEED 7+ POINTS TO ADVANCE FROM A GROUP STAGE YOU DUMB F**KS) is bloody infuriating, along with the inability to change the game speed which I have alluded to before.
So, still a demo, fun to play now but still with no real incentive to keep going.

View attachment 240800

Please help friends

You definetly in wrong place, we have dedicated thread for this in pes 2017 editing section. Wait your answer in your previous post.

And welcome to evoweb

So I have been playing the Demo Experience a bit in the AFC Champions League.
I usually play PES on Top Player, apart from BAL which I play on Professional. And although I think I have played most Dream Team on Pro, with eDemo being harder than PES, I get no enjoyment out of it in the AFC. It is just incredibly dull. I may win games but I don't enjoy them. On Top Player, though, I can not get a win to save my life but I do find it fun to play. Every goal is hard fought for and even when the other team beats me in extra time it doesn't feel unfair.
What makes Top Player harder might be that FUMA is just harder to execute. PES always had a smidge of assist in their manual passing but I don't feel a lot of that here. So even when I feel I have made a decent pass with my fingers I sometimes watch my player just pass it to the other team. Player switching when receiving the ball is also off. PES has always had a problem in FUMA with deciding who you are passing to, you may make the perfect pass to someone only for some other bloke miles off coming to collect instead. In eDemo the AI can wait ages to show the icon on the receiving player so you are kind of in limbo waiting to see who is supposed to get the pass. I'm not sure if this is some player switching setting I haven't changed to match PES or something, but right now it at least feels different.
Ball ricochets are very odd at times, almost like the ball gains energy from hitting a player and bounces off him harder than it hit him. Other than that the ball physics have improved and stuff like stunning crosses can be very satisfying.
So I think the onfield stuff is much improved and I think I would dive in if there was ever any real offline content. The way they feel forced to cram the offline AFC into the online framework, like when the game "searches for opponent" although it has already told you who you are playing, and the "Get 7+ points" bollocks (YOU DON'T ALWAYS NEED 7+ POINTS TO ADVANCE FROM A GROUP STAGE YOU DUMB F**KS) is bloody infuriating, along with the inability to change the game speed which I have alluded to before.
So, still a demo, fun to play now but still with no real incentive to keep going.
Yeah, it is very much a hit-and-miss. Still, it's nice to try something new, despite the glitches and the unpredictable player switching and - awareness.. oh, and that you cannot add a curve to your passes, which also contributes to the feeling of something being "off".

For those of you that like to play with less good teams but still get the tension from online.
There is a Mexican team event now against others users.
I was wondering how those events against users work. So you pick one of the Mexican clubs and other online users do the same? Or is it random draw?

I was wondering how those events against users work. So you pick one of the Mexican clubs and other online users do the same? Or is it random draw?
You pick yourself. But this time it was only two teams to choose from and pretty high stats to. All players rated around 90.
But still no Messi or Mbappe 🙂

You pick yourself. But this time it was only two teams to choose from and pretty high stats to. All players rated around 90.
But still no Messi or Mbappe 🙂
Oh Jesus, even without Mbappe thats still crap... was hoping for some scrappy football with 70OVR players.
And 2 teams... So basically all matches will be same two teams.

Oh Jesus, even without Mbappe thats still crap... was hoping for some scrappy football with 70OVR players.
And 2 teams... So basically all matches will be same two teams.
Yes i wasent aware of that when i recommended it .
There is also a free choice of national teams against other users.
But most likely you will face France or Brasil whatever team you choose yourself. But at least i managed to get one game yesterday with my Sweden against checoslovakia .

Yes i wasent aware of that when i recommended it .
There is also a free choice of national teams against other users.
But most likely you will face France or Brasil whatever team you choose yourself. But at least i managed to get one game yesterday with my Sweden against checoslovakia .
Man, how did you managed it? It's more than 30 years since there's no more Checoslovakia... :CONF:

From responsiveness, dribbling and on-the-ball feeling - eFooball is, IMO, the closest to pes18. And I have been playing Pes18 yesterday just to be able to have some sort of Career going and also to compare it to eFootball.

And eFootball is better on almost every level - from AI, through physicality all the way to dribbling.

I wouldn't be one of those saying that eFootball is the best Pes ever made, but it's certainly up there when it comes to all recent Pes games. It has the least amount of gameplay issues that I can pick on, that spoil the experience.

But it needs modes and it needs them fast. Coz if I'm ready to go back to Pes18 just to have some sort of continuity and progression - it just shows that eFooball won't keep people around for longer with gameplay alone.

Are you still enjoying pes18? I remember loving it when it was it's time...but it felt a little too fluid at times, lacking different tempi.

I ask because...even I, as a pes monk (I pretty much only ever play exhibition matches since pes17 and can get by with just a small selection of teams) am finding the lack of modes and teams on this game too much. I love playing international teams, and ligue un, but it starts to feel a little claustrophobic after a while,with so few teams, and so little to do...

Are you still enjoying pes18?
I am, yeah. I know all the complaints about backheels tiki taka and AI playing through balls, but on full Manual and professional I don't see any of that. AI is varied and most important - patient. They play ball around and sometimes play it back, which is very much not like any new games that feel like basketball.
AI is what keeps me playing it actually.

I really like eFootball - AI, defending and dribbling, but I need some purpose and continuity.
Even if those Offline Events matches were linked somehow. Even if fatigue, cards and injuries (which I have never seen btw) were carried over to the next match - at least that would be something. Now everything feels disconnected and I non immersive.
So Im taking breaks.

If I could relate ef2024 to a previous PES, that would be PES 2018. Even visually are a bit similar. Other than that, fluidity and responsiveness are (thankfully) to the same level. At least we have a strong base, the core gameplay is finally quite decent if not quite good. I still have my doubts about ball physics ( I really like FIFA 2023/24 ball physics), and I remember that in PES 2018, the ball is a bit "sunk" into the grass giving this very good feeling of 3d grass (Even on gameplay camera).
I really wonder why KONAMI does not pay attention to very simple things like net sound and net physics. I don't believe that the engine can not reproduce accurate physics (even indie football titlles like kopanito and super arcade football have better net physics).
Goal Keeper Dives aswell are not at all natural, in any sense.
Finally body interactions are quite obsolete (better than previous versions) but still you can see and feel bodies passing through etc.
This minor tweaks could make the game a lot better, gameplay wise.
As for offlline modes, A simple Konami Cup or Konami League will be sufficient for me.

Back
Top Bottom