eFootball (All Platforms)

As an offline-only, ML-oriented player... Hopefully we'll have a 2nd division for leagues already ingame that don't have it currently (like Belgium and Portugal)?
And then, well, I'd love to see more teams from all around the world (even if they're not licensed on a per-league basis), like... A couple of teams more from Austria, some from Serbia/Croatia, from Eastern Europe (Poland, Romania, Bulgaria)...
And then some from the Americas (Saprissa for example), some from Africa (at least a handful I'd say), some Asian ones (from the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Korea)... They'd be there for ML allowing more "exotic" transfers than the ones we have now.

One can only dream.

Even IF and I highlight the word if, this game is going to be good from gameplay standpoint - what is there to actually do? Like, apart from exhibition games, what is there for me to do all year? myClub against kids who will have Totti up-front with Messi and Cruyff on the wings?

Like, what am I missing that people are getting excited for?

Even IF and I highlight the word if, this game is going to be good from gameplay standpoint - what is there to actually do? Like, apart from exhibition games, what is there for me to do all year? myClub against kids who will have Totti up-front with Messi and Cruyff on the wings?

Remember, you are not "their crowd".

I don't think it's fair to judge the game before 2027 mate. Give it two 3 year circles.

"Then, my opponent Klaus really likes so-called “power shots” or “slam kicks.” These impressive, selectable, and very satisfying shots or passes can start special animations. To execute them, you just need to set aside some time/space for yourself, and then keep pressing R2 plus the pass or shoot button, and you will see the scale turn blue. This is how our best goal during the experience session was achieved.

I can’t wait to see what professional players can do with these new features, because I think this opens the way for more exciting and less artificial duels."

captain tsubasa to the rescue?

I love this "re-learning" requirement of eFootball, and tbh this is my only reason to be switching to eFootball, since I love my version of PES2021 despite my many gameplay qualms, many of which eFootball seems to have addressed (pending me actually playing it). As a FUMA player, I actually love the level of control given to the player, where the outcome is more reliant on your input rather than the game's assistance. Yes, it would be nice if secondary player press was back as a motion-matching option without having to steal the ball, but overall, I love the reliance on our input for most actions. I'm starting to change my mind about shielding, since better defenders will still do a better job shielding the ball, so there's that.

I actually *can* wait for the new "sharp kicks" to be introduced in a later update (even though ALL gameplay elements should have been finalized and ready to go several months ago) despite everyone loving it, but I really, really wanted the new delayed ball trapping (the supercancel-ish one Neymar pulled off) to be in the base game. Several times I wanted my player to just let the ball roll, while keeping his movement attached to its movement, without using supercancel which completely detaches the player off the ball's movement. I would have used it for when Timo receives the ball here:

....and it's something that you can use when receiving every single pass, giving you way more creative freedom when passing and receiving your passes.

I also love how BOTH off-ball and on-ball dribbling speed is governed by how far the analog stick is tilted. The way people describe the R2 sudden ball push is also beautiful, although I'm a little curious about the R3 dribbling as not many people are talking about it. I would be disappointed if the long ball push still requires this weird R2+R3 combo.

If eFootball was just a slightly improved version of PES 2021 from a gameplay standpoint, the way every version of PES was in comparison to its predecessor, I would have easily skipped it till we had 2021's mods available for it.

There are a ton of missing and downgraded things about eFootball (check out the beautiful net physics in the above clip for e.g.) but gameplay will always take precedence, so here's to hoping visual mods don't take too long to come out, since I've lost hope in the eFootball team to produce a beautiful looking game on their own.
everytime i see someone scoring from the kickoff glitch i throw up

when you play football irl, even indoors/futsal, nothing its more ridiculous then going after the whole 11 straight after kickoff

when someone do that you just know the guy have no idea what he is doing

A lifeless master league playing teams at the rose park stadium most likely 😂 I’d say we will get 15 stadium max.

There's offline modes coming. As for online, with limited Tactical editing (not that I condone it), that will actually fix the meta with the weird formations online that tend to abuse the game's imperfections. Moreover, with Defending and Dribbling having more of a skill gap and relying less on assistance, online should be much improved. On my end, it's all about completely eliminating lag. Once I feel it, even when playing on Parsec with all the beautiful mods, I just can't wait to go back to my lag free offline games.

Personally looking forward to it. However if its dog turd, I've got V9 Option file for 2021.
Did try the trial for fifa 22. My god, that is awful, players skating, light feeling of players and ball, so stale. Only my opinion but I'll be happy with pes 2021 if efootball is diabolical.

There's offline modes coming. As for online, with limited Tactical editing (not that I condone it), that will actually fix the meta with the weird formations online that tend to abuse the game's imperfections. Moreover, with Defending and Dribbling having more of a skill gap and relying less on assistance, online should be much improved. On my end, it's all about completely eliminating lag. Once I feel it, even when playing on Parsec with all the beautiful mods, I just can't wait to go back to my lag free offline games.
The problem with offline is konami have already stated they don't value single player modes so I wouldn't expect a decent game against the AI when it eventually.is released. The priority here is multiplayer and selling packs

The problem with offline is konami have already stated they don't value single player modes so I wouldn't expect a decent game against the AI when it eventually.is released. The priority here is multiplayer and selling packs

Well, keep in mind that it will be a paid mode, so they're directly making money out of it. Now is it the same money that online would generate by selling packs? Of course not. Does it risk hurting revenue by keeping players away from online? Yes. Is there a chance that the offline AI will be as stale as the offline AI in FIFA which aims to push players towards online? Maybe. But tbh when I play via parsec online which has decent lag, esp with another FUMA player, I have a ton more fun, even with PES 2021's assisted defending and meh dribbling. I imagine when playing eFootball with its less assisted controls, and hopefully lag-free with dedicated servers like FIFA, I will also have more fun than with offline, PROVIDED THAT there's a pass assistance filter which I hear nothing about so far.

"Like" what is there "like" to do?

You just said what is there to do and yet surely playing exhibition matches alone, if the gameplay is as great as I have a big feeling it will be (come the 30th lots of people will realise how big a stunning surprise it feels like to have nothing beforehand and suddenly witness what they have put together), will be enough for now. Master League and all the other gumph is for them to bung onto it, the game engine is what its all about otherwise why bother with the other stuff.

Yes, ok, lots like u want leagues and cups and online to play, all the stuff I avoid, so for me, like, exhibitions only will most definitely be enough if the game is as I expect it to be. Just seeing the AI in a clip moving around the ball without touching it tells me there is gonna be an awful lot of organic-ness to this game.

dont-expect-too-much-butters-stotch.gif

It may have bad turf to begin with..

I hope konami at least have the balls to give us PEU, PAS, PLA 2nd Divisions.
Please not only D2 League. Boring.

Konami will release the full game on november for one reason.
It have affraid to lose the license teams before fifa give all the blows to the money pocket fans. What a joke, if Konami didn't have one team licenced the game was released on 1st July.

Konami troooooools.

PES 3 was released more fast then epokemon.
August 7th.

I still want so badly a copy of pes 3 prototype for pc version.

https://hiddenpalace.org/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_3_(Jul_29,_2003_prototype)

Last edited:
I thought it was a well written article and there are a lot of good points and presented positively, but I'm not sure they can get away with Calling the new tactical system 'more in depth' when it's completely watered down with no customisation
I think it is as watered down as we all think, but (I'm only guessing) maybe the instructions will be more exaggerated when they translate to the pitch. The last few yrs the tactics (effectiveness) seemed to be nerfed. I never felt or seen they had that much of an impact on your AI.
Especially when it came to the sliders.
For 3yrs I've seen little to no difference between sliders set to 1 or 10. That alone being more pronounced would have a big impact.

Or the lack of options don't confuse AI with a barrage of contradicting instructions.

Either way fingers are crossed

P.s. I remember the devs talking about Player ID years ago and how they slightly over exaggerated individual play styles. It actually created a more realistic feeling rather than a cartoony caricature.

I think it is as watered down as we all think, but (I'm only guessing) maybe the instructions will be more exaggerated when they translate to the pitch. The last few yrs the tactics (effectiveness) seemed to be nerfed. I never felt or seen they had that much of an impact on your AI.
Especially when it came to the sliders.
For 3yrs I've seen little to no difference between sliders set to 1 or 10. That alone being more pronounced would have a big impact.

Or the lack of options don't confuse AI with a barrage of contradicting instructions.

Either way fingers are crossed

P.s. I remember the devs talking about Player ID years ago and how they slightly over exaggerated individual play styles. It actually created a more realistic feeling rather than a cartoony caricature.

I think the current instructions and tactics work great offline.... Online, the problem with the extreme flexibility is that it gave room for people to abuse problems with the game, and create unrealistic methods that made the online experience frustrating.

Since eFootball is online only, they needed to downgrade tactics. Now I still 10000% hate the downgraded tactics, choosing one of 5 tactics is just a miserable downgrade. I enjoyed giving instructions like "Centering Targets", I mean look how my players burst into the penalty box once I regain possession of the ball near the end of this clip:

I like crossing and I have good headers of the ball. Me choosing this tactic rewarded my decision. Someone else can choose to attack a different way while still playing wide, e.g. City with its low crosses.

They confirmed that we're getting "individual player instructions", but the language they chose "not immediate" can mean anytime over the next year. It seems that tactics will be extremely dumbed down for the next 3-4 months which is a huge downgrade compared to what we had.

I hope konami at least have the balls to give us PEU, PAS, PLA 2nd Divisions.
Please not only D2 League. Boring.

Konami will release the full game on november for one reason.
It have affraid to lose the license teams before fifa give all the blows to the money pocket fans. What a joke, if Konami didn't have one team licenced the game was released on 1st July.

Konami troooooools.

PES 3 was released more fast then epokemon.
August 7th.

I still want so badly a copy of pes 3 prototype for pc version.

https://hiddenpalace.org/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_3_(Jul_29,_2003_prototype)

Don't you just need to click on the date and time on this link?

https://hiddenpalace.org/File:Pro_Evolution_Soccer_3_(Jul_29,_2003_prototype).7z

I'm not near my pc right now but on my phone it starts downloading a 1.97GB file. Any idea if this prototype is meant to play differently?

Sorry for off topic

Having overcomplicated levels of tactical instructions which conflict with each other isn't an excuse to dumb it down to having 5 preset tactics that can't be configured further. I have no doubt that eventually they will have a system that isn't just for mindless idiots but that's what they will launch with which is really, really poor and not even befitting of a demo

"Like" what is there "like" to do?

You just said what is there to do and yet surely playing exhibition matches alone, if the gameplay is as great as I have a big feeling it will be (come the 30th lots of people will realise how big a stunning surprise it feels like to have nothing beforehand and suddenly witness what they have put together), will be enough for now. Master League and all the other gumph is for them to bung onto it, the game engine is what its all about otherwise why bother with the other stuff.

Yes, ok, lots like u want leagues and cups and online to play, all the stuff I avoid, so for me, like, exhibitions only will most definitely be enough if the game is as I expect it to be. Just seeing the AI in a clip moving around the ball without touching it tells me there is gonna be an awful lot of organic-ness to this game.
No, just playing exhibition matches isn’t enough. Not when I was expecting super next gen Unreal Engine PES which Konami harped on about for two years.

I would would rather spend £50 on a finished, quality football game with a deep and addictive Master League packed with features and content than a free-to-play half baked, half assed version of PES with no content.

You might be happy playing Man U v Barcelona exhibition games at the same stadium for a few months and all the power to you, but I would rather spend the little amount of gaming time I have with something that the publisher actually cares about.

Exactly what @Mikhail said. :APPLAUD: I can't get excited about playing in endless online exhibition matches.

There's no ego to protect there, at least for me.. I really don't care what my "playing skills" are compared to the world..
I could be an unskilled PES player for all I care.

What floats my boat is having a football experience, following an immersive story that I can care about. That's what offline modes represent. To me, that's the whole fun of PES. Plus with gameplay mods, the AI plays with nice variety. :TU:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom