eFootball (All Platforms)

Btw, don't know why, but always when I'm talking to you feels like I'm having a nice and relaxing chat with Pique about eFootball
:LOL:
Thats coz Im quite similar to like Pique. Very tired, bored, not much interested in eFootball, but deep down wanting both games to finally deliver the game we deserve. :LOL:

Im all for people here to stick together and get along.
We are greatly outnumbered by the "new crowd" that Adam found, but I hope that together we can find a way to convince Pes and Fifa devs to put some effort into offline modes.

Yeah, @The_Knight is a very niche content creator, It's very much deep dive analysis content much like Futurasound does with Metal Gear games and maybe Konami want to mitigate the risk of someone with Knight's exposure being critical of a game that's already in very poor light before it's even launched.

They want to salvage the very little pre launch momentum they have left and need to sell some pre-orders, I'm sure one of the most viewed YouTubers that covers PES pointing out the very obvious regression isn't going to do them any favours in that business goal.

That's true indeed, for the same reason I was thinking that they don't wanna give him a chance to analyze eFootball so early, because eventually he will go way deeper than others into those mechanics, and spill some beans after or who knows what they're thinking.

Speaking of content, there is a chance in the future to see a "History of PES" Episode 4 video about Fox Engine PES games? :ANGEL: Those videos makes you shine the most, and are also unique from a production perspective, very clean elaborated chronologically, like some sort of documentary but at the same time triggering moments of nostalgia... Every time when I see those episodes I just NEED to enter and play the PES games form PS2/PS3 era and that's quite an achievement to make your viewers feel that way... Congrats, and I hope will see more content like those "documentary style" videos about PES...:APPLAUD:

Last edited:
Apparently the "knock on" move is back. This is another big one for me: You press the R2 button while standing, and push the right analog stick, and it pushes the ball forward to make it better to strike with a long pass or a shot.
Yes, this was there in the NFG.

That's true indeed, for the same reason I was thinking that they don't wanna give him a chance to analyze eFootball so early, because eventually he will go way deeper than others into the mechanics, and spill some beans after or who knows what they're thinking.

Speaking of content, there is a chance in the future to see a "History of PES" Episode 4 video about Fox Engine PES games? :ANGEL: Those videos makes you shine the most, and are also unique from a production perspective, very clean elaborated chronologically, like some sort of documentary but at the same time triggering moments of nostalgia... Every time when I see those episodes I just NEED to enter and play the PES games form PS2/PS3 era and that's quite an achievement to make your viewers feel that way... Congrats, and I hope will see more content like those "documentary style" videos about PES...:APPLAUD:
Thankyou for the kind words, I'm literally working on this episode right now but I'm waiting for eFootball to drop because I felt like it was important to sign off the series with the controversial swansong to the documentary's namesake; PES.

Just took a look at eFootball in my PS5 game library for the first time. Wow, when people said the pre-order is misleading, they weren't wrong. I click on View Product and it shows Pre-Order underneath, then price of £32.99. Nowhere does it mention eFootball is F2P. Then you scroll down to Game and legal info and click Read More. In that box under Bundle Contents, the first thing it lists is eFootball 2022 core game. If I hadn't known it was F2P in advance, I would definitely have thought this was a full game I was paying for.

Last edited:
That is also the reason why I think Evo-Web is very important. Yes - people see us as toxic and negative moaning pricks, but we keep everyone in check and call them out if we think something is falsely praised.

I hope both lads (and everyone else) will not take anything too personally and that we will all stick together.
Coz they might be the platform for us to shout what needs to be done and we can help them see all the flaws in both games.

Overall - im really glad we have both Matt and Knight here and wish all other communities, even the ones close to Konami, were here. Coz together we could push for the games we deserve and opinions on social media would be a little bit more honest.
Maybe all the other communities are not present here because they do not share this forum's opinion on how the games should be like.

Ok, so let ask you guys this:

What exactly is online gaming in terms of efootball? Pick up your controller, play a random game with superstars against other players, and that's it? Create a legends team with overpowered card players? Have an online ranking?

Cause if that's the case, I just don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm all about storylines, creating a scenario for my teams, make the matches matter emotionally. That's why I stick to Master League and offline modes. I'm not competing against anybody but my own expectations of my save and how the story of ML unfolds, seeing the realistic progression of my team and how it all turns out. That's the real joy of PES at least to me.

Unless this game starts to show some decent offline modes, I won't even bother. We've got plenty of mods and patches for previous PES versions.

Take care bros. :TU:

Last edited:
I posted this in the FIFA forum but posting here too as it's very relevant given the different direction Konami is going (has been going for years we can argue.) In case you're a TL:DR (Too Long:Didn't Read for the non-channers) person, FIFA 22 has moved in the right direction but it's miles away from FIFA 16 using the same comparisons we would use to compare modern day PES to PES5/6. Overall, I'll keep playing PES6/2021 for this year. I'll give eFootball a try just like the rest of moaning arseholes but I have a feeling we'll all be playing far more retro than current footy games this year again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cancelled my pre-order for FIFA 2022.

After 8 hours of the trial, I just couldn't continue turning a blind eye to the issues the game has and as many on here have stated, EA patches (like many Konami ones) tend to be one step forward and two steps back or in some cases, no steps forward and six steps back.

I've been playing on the Series X and here honestly is what I liked/didn't like (take into account I play on mostly manual with semi turned on for passing, through-balls and crosses):

PROS:
-------
- Beautiful presentation. Menus are slick and although the simplicity of yesteryear has gone, navigation is quick and the options and variation of modes to play is very good.
- Cut-scenes are incredible if you're into that type of thing. As an adult, it's a bit too sugary but I can imagine the pre-teens getting hyped by the intros and attempts to merge the game into a real-life tv presentation.
- The passing is 1,000% improved over the last 3-4 FIFAs. Although it can be over-accurate on almost every occasion, even on 'semi', you can at least feel you are in control of where you're aiming the ball. FIFA 2021 was often like Stevie Wonder reacting to crowd noises and kicking the ball to wherever gets the loudest cheer.
- Crowd sounds and cut-scenes are integrated very well. The option to quickly fade them out with 'A' is very smooth. Compare to PES 2020/21 where the crowd are all heavily Covid positive and can barely muster a loud sound unless you accidentally trip an opponent and then it's like the crowd at the end of Gladiator and they're after blood.
- Animations are awesome except when they randomly speed up to Bruce Lee speed to finish the animation before the mechanical function is performed with the ball. Although the keepers are schizo performance wise, their animations are the best I've ever seen.
- Player individuality. Star players (but unfortunately also not such star players) do show individual attributes albeit far too exaggerated. But you can see different styles of play from the players. Not so much for the teams as a whole though. Cambridge Utd play like Man City.
- The ball feels like a ball again and not a balloon. The players do/don't have weight to them in physical contact (it depends if the AI is in a scripting moment and then nothing will knock them off the ball, you're a ghost.)
- Tactical options are as deep as you can get without playing Football Manager. What outcome they have realistically is for debate but at least you feel in control of your team and can make the exact changes you want easily and implement them in the game.

CONS:
-------
- ALL FIFA goalkeepers have dissed the Japanese mafia and had their fingers removed because they couldn't catch a turd. Almost every shot aimed at the keeper is parried out for a corner or spilled into a dangerous position. I played as Man Utd against Liverpool, Preston North End and Cambridge Utd to see the differences in keeper reactions and they pretty much all go from Clark Kent to Superman to Scooby Doo randomly thoughout the game.
- Turning on the skill attributes for special players (with FIFA, everybody gets a participation trophy) pretty much turns anybody who costs more than 20M in real life into 2016 Ronaldo/Messi. Watching players who you know in real life would break a hip trying a stepover tear your defense to shreds regardless of whether you use tactical/legacy defending is ridiculous.
- Speed issues. FIFA on slow, or even normal, for the most part is a realistic speed but for some reason, the game during some matches goes through periods where it will speed up to superhuman speeds like you've suddenly hit the nitrous on everybody and the animations become ridiculously lightning fast as players perform moves that would get them kicked out of Matrix 4 for being too far-fetched.
- Too much movement from players that in a real game would economically adjust their position reading the build-up, not make constant sprints when the ball is 70 yards away. Look at the radar in-game even when the play is pretty calm and it looks like somebody stamped on an ants nest. (The new eFootball also appears to be like this from some videos.)
- Defending. This has always been my strong point in footy games and although online when I play vastly superior players, I find it hard to break them down to score, I defend very well mostly. In FIFA 22, you just know when the CPU wants to score because all the positioning and timing in the world isn't going to stop Cambridge Utd (even on pro level) score that equalizing goal in the 97th minute to make it 5-5. When the AI decides to not script things, defending is logical and realistic but IRL League 2 teams don't regularly play 20-pass combinations very often. In FIFA 22, it's like basketball where 95% of the game is teams taking it in turns to shoot with the occasional turn-over or missed shot.
- Shooting on full manual on FIFA 22 is like assisted in PES2020/21. You can barely miss the target from almost any angle if you concentrate even a little. I stopped having any passion for scoring because every game contained half a dozen 'goal of the season' contenders.
- Crossing from the CPU is not frequent whoever you play. They'll knock in a few crosses depending on how you force them wide but you'll see more corners in a game from the crap keepers than you will crosses.
- Fouls. Unlike some people, I did see fouls from the AI, prob 2-3 a game and the occasional card but again, you'll see as many handballs as fouls. I could live with that a little but even when you play carelessly and play Sunday League enforcement style, you rarely get a foul called on you unless you almost literally go for the jugular.
- Graphical glitches appearing randomly over the top half of players at some points during games. That might be down to my older tv not being set up correctly.
- Snow. We went from a very realistic sim of snow to now no stadiums can afford under-soil heating and we're back to the mid 70's where somebody has cleared the lines with a broom. I'd understand if there was heavy snowfall but there isn't, you can barely see it except in cut-scenes. The same with rain. PES 2020/21 is vastly superior in weather simulation and dynamic weather.
- Camera not keeping up the play on Dynamic camera. If you take quick shots from the edge of the area if you've stolen possession, you likely won't see the result of your shot as the camera swing/shift is too slow, even with zero zoom and maximum field view. It might be better on other cameras but this is the one I've always used.
- Goalkicks overpowered or like a 3-year old girl kicked the ball. They are like the average shower. Freezing water or boiling water. You are left with little time to decide how to react with your target/closest player and just guessing seems the best option.
- Defensive shape is atrocious and was actually the gamebreaker for me. Regardless of how much you mess around with the sliders, this game is made for the FUT crowd who want high scores so the defense will be forced by the AI to allow chances that would never happen in real life with frequency. On any skill level, the game plays a my-turn, you're turn approach to attack and despite a few minutes per game where you can get 2-3 chances in a row, the game soon corrects itself to taking turn with shooting and ensuring your defenders are all having a love-in in a 2 yard square or they're so spread out the other team could walk through to get a shot off.
- Offensive tactical changes shouldn't react in brainless outcomes on the field where almost every scoring opportunity comes from a simple sidestep past an idiot and then ripping the ball in the corner from 20 yards. The game is designed to FORCE you into 1v1s to make you use skill moves, not pass the ball around to evade pressure and create space to get a shot off.
Did you say handballs?

What exactly is online gaming in terms of efootball? Pick up your controller, play a random game with superstars against other players, and that's it? Create a legends team with overpowered card players? Have an online ranking?

Cause if that's the case, I just don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm all about storylines, creating a scenario for my teams, make the matches matter emotionally. That's why I stick to Master League and offline modes. I'm not competing against anybody but my own expectations of my save and how the story of ML unfolds, seeing the realistic progression of my team and how it all turns out. That's the real joy of PES at least to me.

Unless this game starts to show some decent offline modes, I won't even bother. We've got plenty of mods and patches for previous PES versions.

I really get into the story of my managerial career in ML each year. When I was younger, I used to pretend I was in a press conference whenever I'd go for a shit. Actually, coming to think of it, I still do that now.

The lesser known KCEO ISS. I used to call it "ISS with way more dribbling" :LOL:
I learned that the ISS 3 was, for a "no PS2 PES" game good (even better than Football Kingdom overally a bit too "overrated") but not the PC version.
I don't get it, everything should have been similar in fact.
But he was like 4 to 5/10 rated on PC and 7 to 8 on PS2 : of course the tone was given from the start and testers were aware that "it's not a PES, but an ISS, KCEO version, more direct, more ISS snes based etc."

I learned that the ISS 3 was, for a "no PS2 PES" game good (even better than Football Kingdom overally a bit too "overrated") but not the PC version.
I don't get it, everything should have been similar in fact.
But he was like 4 to 5/10 rated on PC and 7 to 8 on PS2 : of course the tone was given from the start and testers were aware that "it's not a PES, but an ISS, KCEO version, more direct, more ISS snes based etc."

"PC Master Race" problems. I can't believe this is still happening regularly. We buy a powerful machine for more graphical fidelity, better performance & an enhanced gaming experience.. only to play a rushed port of console version :LOL:

Yeah, i really wanted to got that game and push it to 60 fps at least, etc. but i readed that it was poor. The issue was PS2 was VERY different than a PC in terms of development. Especially when they've gotted to do with the devs tools provided by Sony.
So port or transforming a PS2 based game on PC was hard, but it seems they started with PES 3, i don't know how, to got the same results on various system. Like WE6FE on Gamecube, and PES 3 on PC was exactly the same as on PS2. Still gotted some issues, V-sync if i rember, but there was plenty of way to get rid of those "issues" who didn't influed on gameplay at all fortunately for PC gamers.

So, i'm still a bit sad there's no Japanese WE version or PES1 and PES2 missing. It's not the same on Emulator, with or without the DVD, i tried with both there's still emulation issues even after 10 years who can't be rectified. Well PES1, and especially WE5FE (even better) i got on italian version translated, don't get any issue, 60 fps as it's a japanese game etc.
But just for the sake of it, i wanted PES 1 more than ever. Even if rosters weren't updated (WE5fe got all Roster up to date, stats revamped for many players, Vieri is as strong as Batistuta, well fair from that time he was a beast etc.)

Got the 5 and the 2008 (i received it for free by buying the game. PES 6 : no. I didn't buyed PS2 version but 360 version lol the 16/9 was a game changing, and overally very differerent from PES 2008. A "special" version let's say, i can't rank it to be honest.
I remember wanted to buy it too on PS2 as everyone was still on PS2... But i remember that time very well : in practically the same time as PES 6 was out, a friend sended it to me to edit Belgian League, and after i was done, not time to try it as my PS2 died 😥

Fortunately i gotted a month later a PC able to run it, but i preferred to play on PS2. No other reason than playing on a bigger screen. I gotted my first PC very late, 23-24 years old, don't remember exactly.

EDIT/ Sorry i quoted the wrong message. I will erase the Quote from SuperLoop which has nothing related sorry bro (a bit tired to check who i was answering)

Last edited:

I will reply you in short tems dude, cause i typed many times and changed my text, before posting always resulting in a long wall.

Online play is about some good & bad factors: human opponent (IQ), variation, achievement feeling, dopamine, adrenaline, 200 heartbeat pulses before kick off, hunting unfulfilled desires, constant need to develop, the RPG element, gambling elements, addiction elements, etc

Usually in most games, when it becomes too "competitive" , it becomes also too toxic. But it is not the total rule.

Well, i type long story again, i'll end it here.

If you like the stories/scenario as me, online is not your place. It is like the old TS games, other went for the skirmish/single battle /deathmatch and others fornthe campaign, scenario, story mode.

You can always like both of course, but since you know exactly what you like

The lesser known KCEO ISS. I used to call it "ISS with way more dribbling" :LOL:
Typical PESboy... :P Biatch please!!?? The "lesser" known? When ISS was close to the end of its life cycle, and established for already 8 years running successfully, you PES players were still searching for a name for your puny footy game, among ISS pro, ISS pro EVo, Pro EVO, PES.. Cmon, gimme a break.. :D

NOW kneel before the god and praise the game, that taught all of us footy games have coin toss, snow weather, kit colour editor, linesmen, injury strechers, offside line in replay, etc

Gotcha, I guess there's something for everyone. I understand the "adrenaline" part, I mean I loved playing football games aganst my friends when I was in college, but that was in person, with a lot of yelling and high fiving etc haha.. lol.. good times. in terms of gameplay variation, Holland's and others gameplays have done a wonderful job so I'm pretty good with that. I guess like you say, I know what I like. :TU:

wow just watched some gameplay footage of efootball 2022, and they still didn t work out the nets..... goals go into a metal cage..... jesus, and the game is about to release...
That's some major turnoff for me personally and one of the big reasons that kept me from playing PES 2015.
Net physics is one of the big factors that add to the satisfaction of scoring a goal.
It's 2021 for God's sake and that's a new engine, right?
Even Angry Birds has proper physics...

Gotcha, I guess there's something for everyone. I understand the "adrenaline" part, I mean I loved playing football games aganst my friends when I was in college, but that was in person, with a lot of yelling and high fiving etc haha.. lol.. good times. in terms of gameplay variation, Holland's and others gameplays have done a wonderful job so I'm pretty good with that. I guess like you say, I know what I like. :TU:
I am in same situation i think, if i understand.

10 years ago i was all in for adrenaline. I would even feel meh about vsCPU sometimes, and five full priority to play pvp.

In the current point of life i am now, the last thing i care is play an exhibition match with some stranger around the globe, just for an Elo Ranking. It honestly doesn't touch me at all.

Even my best mate, with whome we have played tons of thousands 1vs1 PES games, since PS1 era, and until 10 years ago, every match between us was a war zone, nerves, tention, controllers/gamepads blasting off around, screen monitors flying from the window, etc. Now everytime we meet, IE last month we spent a Saturday afternoon to his house, we played 2 games in PES2017 amd both resulted im draw, but we were playing shiye both, as nobody cared to win the match. Then we played around 5 games coop ML and was much more fun.

I meam i meet with such old friends almost once or twice a year. If it happens to play anything, them it is usually coop ML, despite it is pointless, cause we obviously domnt have the time to progress.

We find it so pointless to play and check who is better than whom..

But thats just me/us, i don't blame anyone. It is clearly my Point of View. I can understand others who play pvp, cause i was im that position.

In a reverse engineering, whenever a friend of mine who is heavily addicted to MyClub, says that he is tired of the toxicity and lag cheating and that he starts ML, i am sure everytime, that he wont last more than 5 games, which happens always in reality, he gives up ML and starts MC again. Cause the CPU opponent per se cannot offer the tension and the pressure a human opponent offers.

Everything has pros and cons, but you must first know what does the click for you.

Edit;
@millossobek well fak, i wrote a lot again, this is a really big topic, that's why i always avoid to analyze it, online vs offline..

Last edited:
I like nets physics, but i'm not that "all around" it. I don't even notice it, but i don't feel the nets is so tense on the previous "pes" version personnally.
Just normal, as long as it's not an iron cage lol. PES 2015 i just can. Too much errors in the database to be played. For a "database guy" like me, it's like an horror movie lol. Same for the 2016. 2017 less but still a lot. 2020 and 2021 are the more acceptable in that regard.
Now, about the nets it's not like all nets have a relaxed tension.
Whatever, it's not really "physics" it's more a choice or a "don't care" from the devs stuff i think. But you're not the only one, on Wearepes they were also about the nets haha, even on PS2 - PS3 era. If i remember PES 2013 gotted it right (but i won't repeat that overally i'm not super fan of that game for tons of reasons. First are physics and defense, well both are a bit linked)

Btw, old PES got aswell very tense physics, i think it's PES 5 or PES 3 who got pretty hard net, don't remember at all, but i remember the ball coming back like if it was in rubber after a powerful shot.

Last edited:
I like nets physics, but i'm not that "all around" it. I don't even notice it, but i don't feel the nets is so tense on the previous "pes" version personnally.
Just normal, as long as it's not an iron cage lol. PES 2015 i just can. Too much errors in the database to be played. For a "database guy" like me, it's like an horror movie lol. Same for the 2016. 2017 less but still a lot. 2020 and 2021 are the more acceptable in that regard.
Now, about the nets it's not like all nets have a relaxed tension.
Whatever, it's not really "physics" it's more a choice or a "don't care" from the devs stuff i think. But you're not the only one, on Wearepes they were also about the nets haha, even on PS2 - PS3 era. If i remember PES 2013 gotted it right (but i won't repeat that overally i'm not super fan of that game for tons of reasons. First are physics and defense, well both are a bit linked)

Btw, old PES got aswell very tense physics, i think it's PES 5 or PES 3 who got pretty hard net, don't remember at all, but i remember the ball coming back like if it was in rubber after a powerful shot.

Here is an optimistic & constructive post, (no cap, as the young ones say these days :LOL:)

Now that they are seperating all the modes, maybe they will make some more effort to differentiate & make leagues more unique.
For example when it comes to nets, every league (mostly) has its own theme. EPL has a more rigid square nets, Italian league are generally looser nets, Bundesliga loves the metallic clang after a thunderstrike, La Liga with the deep nets. South America & Africa just have their own vibes I love it.

Modders reflect these very well & I've seen some great audio & visual mods here.

There you are KONAMI, add it to the roadmap use the existing mods if you have to ?

I mean I don't get it. My PES reviews are the most viewed in all languages every year for the past 5 years, sometimes double those of the 'professional reviews' e.g. IGN, and still never got anything from them 😅

This time is does seem that they chose locals for easy travel to Windsor, but still a test code would have worked just fine. I don't think I'll be reviewing the early access 'launch' version which is missing graphics (3D grass), gameplay (ball trap, sharp kicks), and modes (offline leagues, teams), as I won't have access to the advanced build everyone else got to test, and demo reviews aren't really worth it.

So yeah, their loss!

EDIT: Nah they didn't go for locals only, TTB in Florida also got invited but didn't go!
I have to question what such play tests are really for. Especially so close to "launch".

For me , they're merely to promote the game, and not really to provide genuine feedback.

And however honest the testers are, it's very hard to stay objective when you're being given exclusive access and entertained by the developers.
History tells us that even if for example the testers say words to the effect of "don't change a thing/F**k it up", the game-play gets changed anyway.

A wider beta trial (preferably an open beta) would be much better for ironing out problems, and this would need to be carried out far earlier.

And why on Earth is there still an embargo on game-play footage at this late stage??!!

Yes, you're totally right about Italy and Bundes nets @Joga , those are the "extremes" so the best examples. Even if some teams got tense nets in Italy, overally it's like that since always. About Bundes it's practically like i never saw a cage with nets relaxed, they really like iron cages.

But i don't believe a second they will change nets by country lol. They already got issues with stadiums licences due to you know who... Well Unreal Engine in terms of things to build like stadiums, let's say environnement is by miles easier than Fox. Now... I think Roadmap was a shitty way to present some stuff in the game, nothing more. Don't think there will be a real roadmap in the game (well, with them... Never say never when it cames to weird things)

Abouts mods, i hate to play on PC. So without me, it will be PS5 or nothing. I even prefers no mods. And i hate gameplay mods, i tried some but i feel the things "streched" for a guys used to play with the vanilla game. Things too slow and too fast, or weird stuffs happening.
Well, i talk about gameplay mods; Graphical mods is something else. Unfortunately as i say i can't buy a card 3 times more expensive than a PS and move my big PC to my living room just for playing. I'm working on it too so...

I'm a bit old school about many things (like no sliders, no gameplay changes, i want to have the same game online and offline, it happens that i played 11 vs 11 or Divsion). But some are more a matter of choice. If you prefers to play with a big 4k in the living room without mods instead of playing on your desk chair and a smaller screen not even 4k for me, etc. well good for you, i just can't. That's why i will always be a console gamer.
But i got another screen, 81cm, on a small room. I put my PC on it when i decide to play a game but not like 5 minutes : a big session. Like i did with Darks Souls 1 with 60fps mod.

(Also... Remember that i work on that room i'm working, editing all day too so... I want escape it it's kinda "psychologic" 🤪 )

@slamsoze i still remember my Nigerian friend singing a traditional song from his country, dancing and celebrating like Amokachi when scoring a goal against my Colombia! hahahahaha.. man and I would yell "VALENCIAAAA!!!!" (my striker) when I equalized looooooooool that was some good college times. Surrounded by leftover Chinese food. Hahahaha! :LOL:

Anyway I'll let you guys get back on topIc! I'll go back to my ML thread. :TU:

Last edited:
And why on Earth is there still an embargo on game-play footage at this late stage??!!
Personnally i really, really hope a report to mid-november.
I hate the fact they're showing an half finished game. As i already said, people will keep a bad taste of the game in their mouth, and can't came back when every features of gameplay, modes, everything will be done.

At least having all Gameplay stuffs, the supposed 4 more animations workings, no bugs, and all tactics is imperative for keeping the audience.
Let's say more than the half of people will try the unfinished game and won't came back when they will saw all the bugs. Twitter was on fire when those chinese showed some footage of i don't know what version, perhaps a not updated version from "patch day one/even for the supposed demo" but i don't believe so, and it was a very good things those youths guys showed some gameplay : was saw good things in my opinion, but so much bug, even when the camera switch, well not finished in every part of the game (even those shorts from 1975) than people yelled at them.

They can't release in that state. So like Klashy and The_Knight said they're probalby working day and night to correct bug for having a patch on the "demo release". But it''s impossible. I would like a real cancel and release for the future.
Fighting against Fifa is trying to gives a clean hit to Maywheater at his peak. Like trowing punch to a ghost. Well, whatever, their real fight isn't against Fifa, but themselves. It a good thing to try to restore a licence who is like "has been" for most of people, called PES (even wayyyy before i suggested a name change for PS5... Well not "e" football but whatever, i don't know "Pro Football" or "Pro Soccer" or something like that.

Now it's one very easy step to change their image. But if they cames with a buggy F2P game, aye-aye. They can also change the company name as Suicide Squad.

(One very small thing they can do if they call it DEMO in big, and "it's not representating of the full game" stuff... But even that, Kimura is TOO confident, buggy or not, of his game ffs i want to punch him but he's like Flloyd and Ali, but 40 kg and untouchable for others reason than skills)

I have to question what such play tests are really for. Especially so close to "launch".

For me , they're merely to promote the game, and not really to provide genuine feedback.

And however honest the testers are, it's very hard to stay objective when you're being given exclusive access and entertained by the developers.
History tells us that even if for example the testers say words to the effect of "don't change a thing/F**k it up", the game-play gets changed anyway.

A wider beta trial (preferably an open beta) would be much better for ironing out problems, and this would need to be carried out far earlier.

The whole thing has been an absolute fiasco pretty much from beginning to end. If the game is as shambolic as the way its PR has been handled it will be dead in less than six months.

I hate the fact they're showing an half finished game. As i already said, people will keep a bad taste of the game in their mouth, and can't came back when every features of gameplay, modes, everything will be done.

They can't release in that state. So like Klashy and The_Knight said they're probalby working day and night to correct bug for having a patch on the "demo release". But it''s impossible. I would like a real cancel and release for the future.

(One very small thing they can do if they call it DEMO in big, and "it's not representating of the full game" stuff... But even that, Kimura is TOO confident, buggy or not, of his game ffs i want to punch him but he's like Flloyd and Ali, but 40 kg and untouchable for others reason than skills)
I agree, but the fact is, they are releasing the game in an unfinished state, however they dress it up.
The FTP aspect and the piecemeal update process has given them scope for this.
I've said before that they should delay until it's ready, but they can't afford to do that.

But not allowing game-play footage when the launch is days away doesn't inspire confidence. We'll see for ourselves soon enough.

And having playtesters restricted to 5 minute matches is also stupid!

But not allowing game-play footage when the launch is days away doesn't inspire confidence. We'll see for ourselves soon enough.
I don't think i will try. You know, bad taste... Etc. Etc a bit like the first impression when you meet a girl. It's the one you will keep in mind, even if it's change after the time. Your subconscious will keep it, if the girl was for example, dressed like a young boy or too much make up or whatever else you don't like.

If i can, i will avoid it. I avoided some Demo in the past and i'm very patient so what i said you know it's not like "well he said it, but he will play as everyone".
Not especially.
I don't really want to play that game in the current state to be honest. I practically edited all year and played no more than 8 games so...
Well i'm not anymore the type of guy to rush at the first second for a release or suscribe to an Hong Kong to get the game 6 hours sooner.
I saw enough to be honest, i already know i will have to wait for the "game as it should have been"

I don't think i will try. You know, bad taste... Etc. Etc.
If i can, i will avoid it. I avoided some Demo in the past and i'm very patient so what i said you know it's not like "well he said it, but he will play as everyone".
Not especially.
I don't really want to play that game in the current state to be honest. I practically edited all year and played no more than 8 games so...
Well i'm not anymore the type of guy to rush at the first second for a release or suscribe to an Hong Kong to get the game 6 hours sooner.
I saw enough to be honest, i already know i will have to wait for the "game as it should have been"
I wish I had your patience and resolve! :))

I might want to follow your lead, but just can't.

It's like every year I resolve not to spend time following discussions on the build-up to release, but always do.

Just as I always revisit earlier versions of PES and FIFA looking for the ultimate football game (as Chris Davies admiitted to in his podcasts)!

You won't found it. 90/10 > you got to make big compromises. Except from features like we talked they removed, each game got his "system"
I don't believe by taking what you considers the best of every game will result in a good balance, you don't create a game by making a melting pot.
Also, i think it could result to too many 0-0, too hard to score, or too free so too much weird errors. Well it's super complicated a football game, to me the start is all about some philosophy you have to agree with, keep it and improve it.
It's hard. And AI is also hard to programm : but i saw some stuff vs CPU on the beta/demo that i even prefers than some others PES, and AI CPU was my biggest fear. So from that side, i'm a bit reassured. Only that, no i don't know if i will like control and be forced to run with R2 for example (i didn't understood completely the R2 system i'll be honest. Even in french, my first language. It's pretty confusing)

Back
Top Bottom