eFootball (All Platforms)

@The_Knight : Hello Konami, can you please send me a review copy of your product and make a realism review on it to inform the entire EvoWeb community?

@Koinami : OK, sure !!! here... (two muscular guys losing their breath and sweating, trying to push it through the door into his apartment...)

View attachment 122852

I mean I don't get it. My PES reviews are the most viewed in all languages every year for the past 5 years, sometimes double those of the 'professional reviews' e.g. IGN, and still never got anything from them 😅

This time is does seem that they chose locals for easy travel to Windsor, but still a test code would have worked just fine. I don't think I'll be reviewing the early access 'launch' version which is missing graphics (3D grass), gameplay (ball trap, sharp kicks), and modes (offline leagues, teams), as I won't have access to the advanced build everyone else got to test, and demo reviews aren't really worth it.

So yeah, their loss!

EDIT: Nah they didn't go for locals only, TTB in Florida also got invited but didn't go!

Last edited:
ohhh God please!!!!

and god answers...

giphy.gif

The right stick cursor change is back. BUT this little guide is actually another way to change players. If you hold R3 instead of flicking it, that white guide will come up and the longer you hold it the further it will select a player
But that's exactly how it is in pes 2021. Or maybe I didn't understand what you're saying. In 2021 the longer time you hold pushing the right stick to a direction, the longer the guide line goes and can change to a farther player. Did i miss anything?

As others and myself have said: a perfect solution would have been a presser who gets close but doesn't just take the ball – someone you had to switch to in order to make the tackle.

Personally I don't agree with this, all the red flags are there for a simplified dumbed down system. It's just part of football, rebalance it, don't remove. I'm not buying all the BS thrown around this development to sell this dumbing down as a good thing. I've seen it all before, it's BS. Even FUT is bringing it back this year in some weird limited capacity.
The easiest way imo they could have fixed it would to have added a stamina (multiplier) penalty. Would have added a bit of in-game management of when & where to use it. They got close to it at the start of last yr. Players that spammed it non stop were bolloxed by 60mins. That lasted a few weeks before it was hotfixed out to be the same as previous yrs.

Reminds me of playing Fight Night Champion. If you can survive 90% of the fight against nothing but maxed out haymaker spam, then you can have your way with them, but only a short time to do it. (or they quit lol)

A realistic stamina system would be nice to have. As it is it's just a calculation of the player stamina stat, player form, position & time on the pitch.
Not about how much they sprint or ground covered.
I had the same thought with the dumbed down tactics. Overall, I don't like it, but it's been a consistent complaint of mine that there are simply too many tactical systems in the game (tactical settings, advanced instructions, player styles, skill traits, attributes, position settings, inspire stats) – it often felt like an AI player would get caught between these systems and freeze up. So yeah, it could be good. So long as they now build out from this point and maintain a coherence between any layers they add.

Yeah, this I actually agree with. Or at least entertain the thought & logic behind it. Rigid PES tactics had become one of the reasons I thought I would never play the game ever again. So hitting a big red reset button and starting over could actually be for the better! But it also depends on what they're trying to do now, cause they're doing it with e-sports in mind. But a reset was badly needed.
Back in the old days tactics were more simplified than they are now, and arguably worked better. Didn't contradict or interfere with each other.
Now you can easily have an offensive fullback being told before the game to play possession, but stay far away from his teammates. The manager can tell the team to play more attacking, but instruct the fullbacks to stay back against longball winger counterattacks. Oh and defend the middle, but stay spread out.
No wonder half of your AI teammates don't know where the ball is, when the game is constantly on it's calculator to find out the outcome for every player interaction.

But that's exactly how it is in pes 2021. Or maybe I didn't understand what you're saying. In 2021 the longer time you hold pushing the right stick to a direction, the longer the guide line goes and can change to a farther player. Did i miss anything?
I'll be completely honest with you if it's in PES 2021, I apologize. But I've never came across it, or used it :)

I'll be completely honest with you if it's in PES 2021, I apologize. But I've never came across it, or used it :)
All good man. But I did hear that one of the previewers said the change is in relation of where the ball is currently at rather than change with relation to the defender being controlled. I'm not sure i understand how this can be implemented this way though...

Thank god you replied politely, mentioning it @AstroChicken007 ,cause I was really ready to explode, flamimg to all of them and succeed to receive a ban for sure.

Thank you, i love you (in a religious way, not a sex related way though)

I meam wtf are you playing people, this shite is in game since when, pes 2016, can't recall now.

With such customer awareness, i can't blame KONAMI or any KONAMI of this world, i mean the next new feature can be, "PRESS START TO OPEN THE PAUSE MENU". Fffs.

I mean I don't get it. My PES reviews are the most viewed in all languages every year for the past 5 years, sometimes double those of the 'professional reviews' e.g. IGN, and still never got anything from them 😅

This time is does seem that they chose locals for easy travel to Windsor, but still a test code would have worked just fine. I don't think I'll be reviewing the early access 'launch' version which is missing graphics (3D grass), gameplay (ball trap, sharp kicks), and modes (offline leagues, teams), as I won't have access to the advanced build everyone else got to test, and demo reviews aren't really worth it.

So yeah, their loss!

From the perspective on how I see it, (and I'm pretty sure others too) your content is very unique, different from those who are doing news, offline/online let's plays or myClub pack openings. In that regard you are not viewed as a casual youtuber like some twitch streamer, so in this case if you like it or not you're on a higher level where you're nitpicking their game analyzing in depth tactics/animations/gameplay mechanics/controls, plus you're frequenting those forums where things are discussed. Even if you've praised the positive aspects of PES in the past, and also knowing that they're going into a new direction I guess they don't want somebody to dive so deep and dissect their game so early in the way you're doing, taking in count the fact that your content also has a "special" package of audience towards it... or, they just simply don't care/take risks with a channel that involves more credibility in terms of the "technical" aspects of PES.

Whatever the case, when you'll test it with your own hands later (even if we disagree in some aspects), I have the confidence that you'll do a fine job pointing what's flawed or good with this game (same like the previous games), and eventually those critical aspects will reach someday to their ears (as feedback)…
In the end doesn't matter if they didn't reached to you with an opportunity to try their game now, because early or later you'll have the chance to post your own impressions...

Last edited:
It seems that konami are still obsessed with trying to compete with EA by launching on the 30th even though a significant amount gamers are already playing the other game via the trial and many will be playing 3 days before efootball launch day. Konami need to stop with the annual peeing competition with EA and show its community more respect than they have done in recent months.

It seems that konami are still obsessed with trying to compete with EA by launching on the 30th even though a significant amount gamers are already playing the other game via the trial and many will be playing 3 days before efootball launch day. Konami need to stop with the annual peeing competition with EA and show its community more respect than they have done in recent months.

It has probably been mentioned earlier, but even the name change to eFootball, is so it comes before FIFA 22 in any alphabetically ordered list.
We are clearly dealing with rocket scientists level genius here, they have all the ideas.

From the perspective on how I see it, (and I'm pretty sure others too) your content is very unique, different from those who are doing news, offline/online let's plays or myClub pack openings. In that regard you are not viewed as a casual youtuber like some twitch streamer, so in this case if you like it or not you're on a higher level where you're nitpicking their game analyzing in depth tactics/animations/gameplay mechanics/controls, plus you're frequenting those forums where things are discussed. Even if you've praised the positive aspects of PES in the past, and also knowing that they're going into a new direction I guess they don't want somebody to dive so deep and dissect their game so early in the way you're doing, taking in count the fact that your content also has a "special" package of audience towards it... or, they just simply don't care/take risks with a channel that involves more credibility in terms of the "technical" aspects of PES
100%.
@The_Knight is as important for Pes community as @Matt10 is for Fifa.
Both of them, in different ways, are fighting for realistic/sim approach and for our games to resemble the actual sport they replicate.

Its a very responsible position to be in and sometimes a slippery slope.
The guys have to remember that their methods (sliders for Matt10 and Full Manual for The_Knight) are not the answer for everything and some flaws in the games are simply not acceptable. They need to keep highlighting those and engage with devs to try to push ideas and fixes.

Thats why, even tho I really wish both lads to be recognised, I wouldnt like them to get too close to devs. They need to stay neutral.

I feel like Konami is using new tactics now, borderline bribery, meeting with youtubers and content creators, trying to swing them into praising the game.

Lads need to stay vigilant and stay true to their beliefs.

That is also the reason why I think Evo-Web is very important. Yes - people see us as toxic and negative moaning pricks, but we keep everyone in check and call them out if we think something is falsely praised.

I hope both lads (and everyone else) will not take anything too personally and that we will all stick together.
Coz they might be the platform for us to shout what needs to be done and we can help them see all the flaws in both games.

Overall - im really glad we have both Matt and Knight here and wish all other communities, even the ones close to Konami, were here. Coz together we could push for the games we deserve and opinions on social media would be a little bit more honest.

I posted this in the FIFA forum but posting here too as it's very relevant given the different direction Konami is going (has been going for years we can argue.) In case you're a TL:DR (Too Long:Didn't Read for the non-channers) person, FIFA 22 has moved in the right direction but it's miles away from FIFA 16 using the same comparisons we would use to compare modern day PES to PES5/6. Overall, I'll keep playing PES6/2021 for this year. I'll give eFootball a try just like the rest of moaning arseholes but I have a feeling we'll all be playing far more retro than current footy games this year again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cancelled my pre-order for FIFA 2022.

After 8 hours of the trial, I just couldn't continue turning a blind eye to the issues the game has and as many on here have stated, EA patches (like many Konami ones) tend to be one step forward and two steps back or in some cases, no steps forward and six steps back.

I've been playing on the Series X and here honestly is what I liked/didn't like (take into account I play on mostly manual with semi turned on for passing, through-balls and crosses):

PROS:
-------
- Beautiful presentation. Menus are slick and although the simplicity of yesteryear has gone, navigation is quick and the options and variation of modes to play is very good.
- Cut-scenes are incredible if you're into that type of thing. As an adult, it's a bit too sugary but I can imagine the pre-teens getting hyped by the intros and attempts to merge the game into a real-life tv presentation.
- The passing is 1,000% improved over the last 3-4 FIFAs. Although it can be over-accurate on almost every occasion, even on 'semi', you can at least feel you are in control of where you're aiming the ball. FIFA 2021 was often like Stevie Wonder reacting to crowd noises and kicking the ball to wherever gets the loudest cheer.
- Crowd sounds and cut-scenes are integrated very well. The option to quickly fade them out with 'A' is very smooth. Compare to PES 2020/21 where the crowd are all heavily Covid positive and can barely muster a loud sound unless you accidentally trip an opponent and then it's like the crowd at the end of Gladiator and they're after blood.
- Animations are awesome except when they randomly speed up to Bruce Lee speed to finish the animation before the mechanical function is performed with the ball. Although the keepers are schizo performance wise, their animations are the best I've ever seen.
- Player individuality. Star players (but unfortunately also not such star players) do show individual attributes albeit far too exaggerated. But you can see different styles of play from the players. Not so much for the teams as a whole though. Cambridge Utd play like Man City.
- The ball feels like a ball again and not a balloon. The players do/don't have weight to them in physical contact (it depends if the AI is in a scripting moment and then nothing will knock them off the ball, you're a ghost.)
- Tactical options are as deep as you can get without playing Football Manager. What outcome they have realistically is for debate but at least you feel in control of your team and can make the exact changes you want easily and implement them in the game.

CONS:
-------
- ALL FIFA goalkeepers have dissed the Japanese mafia and had their fingers removed because they couldn't catch a turd. Almost every shot aimed at the keeper is parried out for a corner or spilled into a dangerous position. I played as Man Utd against Liverpool, Preston North End and Cambridge Utd to see the differences in keeper reactions and they pretty much all go from Clark Kent to Superman to Scooby Doo randomly thoughout the game.
- Turning on the skill attributes for special players (with FIFA, everybody gets a participation trophy) pretty much turns anybody who costs more than 20M in real life into 2016 Ronaldo/Messi. Watching players who you know in real life would break a hip trying a stepover tear your defense to shreds regardless of whether you use tactical/legacy defending is ridiculous.
- Speed issues. FIFA on slow, or even normal, for the most part is a realistic speed but for some reason, the game during some matches goes through periods where it will speed up to superhuman speeds like you've suddenly hit the nitrous on everybody and the animations become ridiculously lightning fast as players perform moves that would get them kicked out of Matrix 4 for being too far-fetched.
- Too much movement from players that in a real game would economically adjust their position reading the build-up, not make constant sprints when the ball is 70 yards away. Look at the radar in-game even when the play is pretty calm and it looks like somebody stamped on an ants nest. (The new eFootball also appears to be like this from some videos.)
- Defending. This has always been my strong point in footy games and although online when I play vastly superior players, I find it hard to break them down to score, I defend very well mostly. In FIFA 22, you just know when the CPU wants to score because all the positioning and timing in the world isn't going to stop Cambridge Utd (even on pro level) score that equalizing goal in the 97th minute to make it 5-5. When the AI decides to not script things, defending is logical and realistic but IRL League 2 teams don't regularly play 20-pass combinations very often. In FIFA 22, it's like basketball where 95% of the game is teams taking it in turns to shoot with the occasional turn-over or missed shot.
- Shooting on full manual on FIFA 22 is like assisted in PES2020/21. You can barely miss the target from almost any angle if you concentrate even a little. I stopped having any passion for scoring because every game contained half a dozen 'goal of the season' contenders.
- Crossing from the CPU is not frequent whoever you play. They'll knock in a few crosses depending on how you force them wide but you'll see more corners in a game from the crap keepers than you will crosses.
- Fouls. Unlike some people, I did see fouls from the AI, prob 2-3 a game and the occasional card but again, you'll see as many handballs as fouls. I could live with that a little but even when you play carelessly and play Sunday League enforcement style, you rarely get a foul called on you unless you almost literally go for the jugular.
- Graphical glitches appearing randomly over the top half of players at some points during games. That might be down to my older tv not being set up correctly.
- Snow. We went from a very realistic sim of snow to now no stadiums can afford under-soil heating and we're back to the mid 70's where somebody has cleared the lines with a broom. I'd understand if there was heavy snowfall but there isn't, you can barely see it except in cut-scenes. The same with rain. PES 2020/21 is vastly superior in weather simulation and dynamic weather.
- Camera not keeping up the play on Dynamic camera. If you take quick shots from the edge of the area if you've stolen possession, you likely won't see the result of your shot as the camera swing/shift is too slow, even with zero zoom and maximum field view. It might be better on other cameras but this is the one I've always used.
- Goalkicks overpowered or like a 3-year old girl kicked the ball. They are like the average shower. Freezing water or boiling water. You are left with little time to decide how to react with your target/closest player and just guessing seems the best option.
- Defensive shape is atrocious and was actually the gamebreaker for me. Regardless of how much you mess around with the sliders, this game is made for the FUT crowd who want high scores so the defense will be forced by the AI to allow chances that would never happen in real life with frequency. On any skill level, the game plays a my-turn, you're turn approach to attack and despite a few minutes per game where you can get 2-3 chances in a row, the game soon corrects itself to taking turn with shooting and ensuring your defenders are all having a love-in in a 2 yard square or they're so spread out the other team could walk through to get a shot off.
- Offensive tactical changes shouldn't react in brainless outcomes on the field where almost every scoring opportunity comes from a simple sidestep past an idiot and then ripping the ball in the corner from 20 yards. The game is designed to FORCE you into 1v1s to make you use skill moves, not pass the ball around to evade pressure and create space to get a shot off.

Can you do that??
I was always waiting for half time to change players.. wonder what other hidden secrets are there..
True Story (no joke) : On ISS snes when you wanted subs, it wasn't in the pause menu. You had to press "select" IIRC, with a sub icon of two arrows appearing next to the flag of your team, and once the ball was out, you were moved to subs menu. Until i realized how it worled, it took me months, doing subs only in half time.

Jokes aside again, just tried it in PES2018 and it works, i am sure it is also in pes2017. I mean the keep tilting the R-stick action, for further cursor change.

By reading the description of what @Camaldinho means,with pressing R3, i assume the new feature is, when you press R3, you reset the arrow, cause until now it works like a fishing rod, you tilt it and it is like you throw the hook with the fishing rod. Even if you point a wrong direction, you must wait for the cursor arrow to travel all along. By this new R3 stick press, i assume you can reset the destination, if you want and not wait until the action finishes.

Last edited:
True Story (no joke) : On ISS snes when you wanted subs, it wasn't in the pause menu. You had to press "select" IIRC, with a sub icon of two arrows appearing next to the flag of your team, and once the ball was out, you were moved to subs menu. Until i realized how it worled, it took me months, doing subs only in half time.

Jokes aside again, just tried it in PES2018 and it works, i am sure it is also in pes2017. I mean the keep tilting the R-stick action, for further cursor change.

By reading the description of what @Camaldinho means,with pressing R3, i assume the new feature is, when you press R3, you reset the arrow, cause until now it works like a fishing rod, you tilt it and it is like you throw the hook with the fishing rod. Even if you point a wrong direction, you must wait for the cursor arrow to travel all along. By this new R3 stick press, i assume you can reset the destination, if you want and not wait until the action finishes.
I meant holding the stick in a direction, not holding R3 in. Regardless, I've been blind for the past few years if I've only just figured that it's been in the game for a few installments

*Apology coming in a Future Update*

From the perspective on how I see it, (and I'm pretty sure others too) your content is very unique, different from those who are doing news, offline/online let's plays or myClub pack openings. In that regard you are not viewed as a casual youtuber like some twitch streamer, so in this case if you like it or not you're on a higher level where you're nitpicking their game analyzing in depth tactics/animations/gameplay mechanics/controls, plus you're frequenting those forums where things are discussed. Even if you've praised the positive aspects of PES in the past, and also knowing that they're going into a new direction I guess they don't want somebody to dive so deep and dissect their game so early in the way you're doing, taking in count the fact that your content also has a "special" package of audience towards it... or, they just simply don't care/take risks with a channel that involves more credibility in terms of the "technical" aspects of PES.

Whatever the case, when you'll test it with your own hands later (even if we disagree in some aspects), I have the confidence that you'll do a fine job pointing what's flawed or good with this game (same like the previous games), and eventually those critical aspects will reach someday to their ears (as feedback)…
In the end doesn't matter if they didn't reached to you with an opportunity to try their game now, because early or later you'll have the chance to post your own impressions...
Yeah, @The_Knight is a very niche content creator, It's very much deep dive analysis content much like Futurasound does with Metal Gear games and maybe Konami want to mitigate the risk of someone with Knight's exposure being critical of a game that's already in very poor light before it's even launched.

They want to salvage the very little pre launch momentum they have left and need to sell some pre-orders, I'm sure one of the most viewed YouTubers that covers PES pointing out the very obvious regression isn't going to do them any favours in that business goal.

I feel like Konami is using new tactics now, borderline bribery, meeting with youtubers and content creators, trying to swing them into praising the game.
This is nothing new either in the industry, it's just that Konami are so far behind the culture and strategies other companies use to market their games that it just seems unprecedented from Konami to us.

SEGA actually did similar stuff in the early 90's giving SEGA Genesises and Sonic 2 to popular kids in their peer groups, neighbourhoods and schools hoping they'd spread the word to their peers with the idea repeating this across The U.S. would lead to a surge in sales and momentum.

Influencers before social media influencing.

100%.
@The_Knight is as important for Pes community as @Matt10 is for Fifa.
Both of them, in different ways, are fighting for realistic/sim approach and for our games to resemble the actual sport they replicate.

Its a very responsible position to be in and sometimes a slippery slope.
The guys have to remember that their methods (sliders for Matt10 and Full Manual for The_Knight) are not the answer for everything and some flaws in the games are simply not acceptable. They need to keep highlighting those and engage with devs to try to push ideas and fixes.

Thats why, even tho I really wish both lads to be recognised, I wouldnt like them to get too close to devs. They need to stay neutral.

Lads need to stay vigilant and stay true to their beliefs.

That is also the reason why I think Evo-Web is very important. Yes - people see us as toxic and negative moaning pricks, but we keep everyone in check and call them out if we think something is falsely praised.

I hope both lads (and everyone else) will not take anything too personally and that we will all stick together.
Coz they might be the platform for us to shout what needs to be done and we can help them see all the flaws in both games.

Overall - im really glad we have both Matt and Knight here and wish all other communities, even the ones close to Konami, were here. Coz together we could push for the games we deserve and opinions on social media would be a little bit more honest.

I totally agree with you. To analyze those things from a realistic/simulation perspective it's not an easy task indeed, for that reason I apreciate @The_Knight for all the challenge is facing when he's creating content and at the same time to offer pure professionalism. Even those thumbnails from his videos are very formal and clean made, and from all those facts can be noted that he spends lots of hours into his creations... I don't have much more to say because you've elaborated this situation way better that I can think of... The same with Matt, cool to have them both here...

Btw, don't know why, but always when I'm talking to you feels like I'm having a nice and relaxing chat with Pique about eFootball :LMAO: It's something like: holy shit, my mates will not believe it !!! :WOOT: :BOUNCE:

Back
Top Bottom