eFootball (All Platforms)

Like I said, I'm trying to see it their way-
There must be some logic behind all of this, that may not be logical to us - yet.

And yes, I know what you're going to say: Money.

Probably, yeah. But to make money you need to sell your product. And to sell your product, people need to like it.
Even more so if this will be a free-to-play game. People need to like it a lot more to invest in microtransactions and purchasing DLCs.

The common masses will love it. Only a small part will hate it.

I'm watching this right now:

Nice hat @Chris Davies
Great Podcast :) one part that somebody says is " Well that is same Konami that bring us so much joy so lets see what they will do " Or something like that.
Im sure that that is NOT the same Konami that bring is all old games, and now the team is way smaller and the most of talented people are left company long time ago !!! I can't accept that the people who create this :

are that same that made this :

There is no friking way ... Just look the talent, creativity and passion that has in ALL this menu and images from OLD PES.. now they looks like masterpiece ... all these people are gone ! At the moment, the game is in the hands of a few people who don't want to be there but just need money for drugs or something like that.

Last edited:
Konami should show advanced next gen gameplay to see if the dramatic change is worth it or not.

Last edited:
I played PES 2018 for a few hours tonight after playing a LOT of PES 5 of late. It actually shocked me how much of a borefest PES became after PES 6. Even PES 2013, a game I enjoyed around it's release, looks/feels clunky and awkward now.

The modern PES games have been utter trash for years, in my opinion of course. So I'll not lose any sleep over eFootball being the hot mess that it will probably turn out to be. I'll just play FIFA 16 and PES 5 forever or until something better comes along.

Long story short, if you're primarily and online player this is likely going to be very good for you. If you're primarily an offline player, you have worries about the future of the game are valid.
Eh, I don't know about that. I'm predominantly online because the offline AI is terrible and ML is barren, but even so I don't use the major online modes.

For 1v1 I use the friendly match lobby, using custom teams loaded in from Edit mode > Master League > Save team data. That's as part of a bespoke league setup with 100+ managers, each having individual teams and a transfer market. This kind of online play may well not be supported, or may not be possible until gone February, who knows. And we don't know if the dedicated servers will carry across to things like friendly lobbies (I suspect not).

For other online play, I mainly play 11v11 matches using the team lobbies. So custom players made using BAL mode > load BAL saves into team lobbies when selecting individual players. Then play against other teams in a large FUMA league. That's looking even less like it will work with the changes they've made.

The only other thing I dabble with is myClub co-op with a mate, where we train youth prospects and play FUMA against the sweatiest people all with 100+ OVR players in their squads. (That's pretty thankless..) Of all the ways I play online, that's probably the only thing that would be supported any time soon, and it's my least favoured of the ways I play.

Then there's more interesting things about the reaction. PES fans across Europe and LatAm have been rarely united in opposition to these changes. Many of the myClub/streamer crowd think the gameplay will be simplified, and they hate the idea of playing vs mobile AND they hate the idea of playing vs PC (because they fear it will be so much easier for cheaters to use PCs to void/null games when they're losing).

And if you're an online player who does myClub or Divisions, you have other reasons to lament the changes – the 1-on-1 focus, the lack of team ID. Not all online players agree, but I think PvP games are improved when there is good AI – the kind of AI offline players tend to prefer seeing in the game. Personally, when playing other people, I fucking loathe that the midfield is bypassed with one pass every time. Or how big the pitch is, etc. Things like this mean people play in really unrealistic ways, and it fails to resemble football to me. That's not good for the PvP experience either, at least if you're the kind of player who cares about realism.

I can see this moulded with all current ML stuff being an all in one DLC which you download it from your phone and manage your team 24/7 like in a manager sim which seemesly transitions into your PS4/PS5 if you have one.

This has been going for a while and was built into the Unreal engine since PES 2019. I think this is something they are trying to hide as essentially its a clever copy of 'Football Fusion' from EA years ago, just done in a way it could almost become a player in the management sim series.

But this is massively wishful thinking on my part. I dont really trust Konami to do this, they will probably just release the same old master league as a 10 DLC forgotten about underneath microtransaction hell.

Either way we will see the truth this Autumn. This 'free to play' platform needs to be built around innovations like this.

Nice of Konami to clarify some things that they should've made known from the beginning. Curious what they'll have to say in a month.

Just knowing that Master League isn't dead doesn't mean much to me; the move to free to play and live service gaming means there's even greater focus on the modes that they'll be debuting first. Which are their myclub(?) and online league modes.

Who knows what state the new ML and BAL will be released. Who knows if plans won't change and they ditch them before release (like EA has now done again with NBA Live). And if it does come out, how many resources will be allocated to its maintenance? How many resources will be allocated to improving and developing it?

Because let's remember the grand changes they added to ML in 2020; cutscenes that were repetitive and had no impact on the mode and more realistic transfer fees to go with their still unrealistic transfers. And absolutely no changes to BAL to the surprise of no one.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for PES to come out and blow me away (yes I will still call it PES just like I still the stadium White Sox play in Comiskey). I'd love for ML and BAL to have depth and intrigue. I just have no reason to hope for that anymore.
At this moment, I would say, just hope BAL will be a thing.

Haven't read anything about it, even in plans.. Fun part is, BAL has more microtransactions potential than ML.

This was once a legendary franchise.

Whenever someone thought about reasons on getting a PlayStation2®, Winning Eleven almost automatically came to mind with the likes of Final Fantasy and Metal Gear.

It represented the essence of virtual football, while FIFA was an empty comercial product without soul.

Very Sad.

Basicly the situation is simple to me. I stick to PES 2020/2021 unless one of the following things happens:

1) FIFA Hypermotion will be adaquate/superior to PES animation levels and transports at least the same overall immersion of real life football.

2) eFootball develops to a game at least on par with the gameplay/graphic standard and offline modes of PES2021

Time for the companies to deliver if they want to see my money. Time is on my side.

When this game drops with 9 teams in a few weeks are we able to play against the A.i offline or is it online only multiplayer to begin with?

Eh, I don't know about that. I'm predominantly online because the offline AI is terrible and ML is barren, but even so I don't use the major online modes.

For 1v1 I use the friendly match lobby, using custom teams loaded in from Edit mode > Master League > Save team data. That's as part of a bespoke league setup with 100+ managers, each having individual teams and a transfer market. This kind of online play may well not be supported, or may not be possible until gone February, who knows. And we don't know if the dedicated servers will carry across to things like friendly lobbies (I suspect not).

For other online play, I mainly play 11v11 matches using the team lobbies. So custom players made using BAL mode > load BAL saves into team lobbies when selecting individual players. Then play against other teams in a large FUMA league. That's looking even less like it will work with the changes they've made.

The only other thing I dabble with is myClub co-op with a mate, where we train youth prospects and play FUMA against the sweatiest people all with 100+ OVR players in their squads. (That's pretty thankless..) Of all the ways I play online, that's probably the only thing that would be supported any time soon, and it's my least favoured of the ways I play.

Then there's more interesting things about the reaction. PES fans across Europe and LatAm have been rarely united in opposition to these changes. Many of the myClub/streamer crowd think the gameplay will be simplified, and they hate the idea of playing vs mobile AND they hate the idea of playing vs PC (because they fear it will be so much easier for cheaters to use PCs to void/null games when they're losing).

And if you're an online player who does myClub or Divisions, you have other reasons to lament the changes – the 1-on-1 focus, the lack of team ID. Not all online players agree, but I think PvP games are improved when there is good AI – the kind of AI offline players tend to prefer seeing in the game. Personally, when playing other people, I fucking loathe that the midfield is bypassed with one pass every time. Or how big the pitch is, etc. Things like this mean people play in really unrealistic ways, and it fails to resemble football to me. That's not good for the PvP experience either, at least if you're the kind of player who cares about realism.
+1

When this game drops with 9 teams in a few weeks are we able to play against the A.i offline or is it online only multiplayer to begin with?
Online only I think , isn't some single player modes coming via DLC in the future? The announcement in August should clear up any questions but will probably generate more. Hardly following the progress now FIFA 22 is my only hope or just stick with FIFA17

Online only I think , isn't some single player modes coming via DLC in the future? The announcement in August should clear up any questions but will probably generate more. Hardly following the progress now FIFA 22 is my only hope or just stick with FIFA17
Really? that's extremely disappointing. I thought we could play amongst the 9 teams offline but if this is the case I shan't even bother downloading. I just can't stand football games online full stop.

Looks like this might just be the first time I purchase FIFA day one, ever. Good job Konami.......

Their seems to be some conflicting information regarding offline but this article mentions an exhibition mode. it doesn't however specifically say the exhibition mode is offline. https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2021/0...o-play-crossplay-ps5-xbox-series-x-confirmed/

Last edited:
Updated my signature. This is not Pes anymore, that Pes is dead. This is the worst possible nightmare. It would have been better if they decided to just discontinue it, instead of trying to keep it alive with this awful free to play project.

In my opinion there's no conflict information. People are creating expectations based on not official information and totally ignoring the official information and presentation made by Konami.

To me is an Occam's Razor situation.

Again some people are in denial. Same thing happened when Konami itself described the beta as a taste of the final game yet people still wanted to believe the beta had nothing to do with the final game, but it was just a test for online stability.

In my opinion there's no conflict information. People are creating expectations based on not official information and totally ignoring the official information and presentation made by Konami.

To me is an Occam's Razor situation.
Correct, according to the official Roadmap it is only MyClyb and esports in Spring and controller support for pesmobile in winter as the "final" milestone. No roadmap for edit mode/ML/offline modes.
Any other information about ML,BAL or whatever, is based on speculations and comments under official announcements.

For me even any offline content, is just in theoritical level at the moment.

To the people who are positive/hopeful - where is it coming from? What has Konami done in the last decade that gives you hope? They've disappointed year after year. Year after year we've been saying "let's wait and see" to then ultimately be disappointed again. They've done nothing to warrant this positivity you're giving them. I say this with absolutely no intention of being offensive, it's just downright naive to expect anything good from Konami at this point. They've killed off their other big gaming franchises too, what makes you think they're still able to make good games? I'm genuinely wondering why some people here are positive. For me, enough is enough. They're not getting a single cent from me. I won't play this efootball bs even if they pay me lol. I'd rather switch to FIFA. At least they improve their career mode. Master League has stagnated and remains unchanged for like what? 5 years now? Possibly more.

I'll still have hope until they release the game and I can try it for myself. Personally, I like PES21. There are numerous caveats - terrible referees, bad AI, etc - but I still get enough fun out of it to keep playing it. I also like PES17 & 18. PES is not as good as it could be but for me, it has continued to be the best football gaming experience over the past few years and I far prefer it to FIFA.

I haven't played ML seriously in years (because of the gameplay being so warped by team spirit), so if they release it as DLC and it's just a rehash of the PES21 ML, it's no great loss to me. If it's the only way to play offline and the gameplay is otherwise good, then I'd sooner give them a few £ than pay £80 to EA for a game that is terrible to play and is already proven to be geared towards FUT play. With PES, the case is not yet closed as we've not actually seen the final game, just some crummy beta which nobody actually knows for a fact how representative of the final game it was.

I do also believe that Konami are tragically bad at PR so am not going to make any assumptions based on their spectacularly bad reveal. All I take from that is that they have worked on cross-platform online play. It tells us nothing about how it works (scaling between platforms, etc) and nothing about the actual next-gen gameplay.

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating and I will wait until I've tasted it. If eFootball turns out to be as bad as the beta, or if it's simply a mobile game with beefed up gfx for next-gen, then I won't play it. I'll be disappointed but life goes on. But I'll certainly be trying it and let's be honest, so will you. It's not like we'll even have to pay to try it.

Perhaps old developers were just more talented than the current ones?.

I dont really think so, i just think in the 2000's there was an artistic common vision, a lead designer and all the devs who followed him passionately, they asked for an anual budget, proposed a timeline and reported back to finance and marketing departments. But in the end they were probably left alone as the game was just an anual product.
Compared to that era I think in the past years in the PES meetings at Konami there were more marketing and financial people than actual designers because of the whole online and micro transaction things. Even the development is much more money driven, their goal isnt to publish a great product but to exploit every bit of it for money making. I mean yes thats business it was like that 50 years ago but gaming infrastructure online makes it more possible to do it.
Same for Fifa, same for most of the games nowdays, just Konami is ahead of the curve by killing MGS and SH too which franchises were almost the most artistic pioneers in the 90's, 2000's gaming. So based on this scale these games represent PES isnt even such a big loss to be honest for gaming history.

I tried to get the redditor to send me his blurred credentials in private but he wouldn't. Anyway, for what it's worth, I thought I'd sum up my thoughts about what he's been leaking out over the past two days:

Thx, like i already posted. It was pretty obvious that the stadium scenes were only next gen if you look at the stadium scoreboard (e.g. bayern vs. Juve in Allianz Arena) and this looks really stunning.

Everything else....horrible Marketing Mistake!

I dont really think so, i just think in the 2000's there was an artistic common vision, a lead designer and all the devs who followed him passionately, they asked for an anual budget, proposed a timeline and reported back to finance and marketing departments. But in the end they were probably left alone as the game was just an anual product.
Compared to that era I think in the past years in the PES meetings at Konami there were more marketing and financial people than actual designers because of the whole online and micro transaction things. Even the development is much more money driven, their goal isnt to publish a great product but to exploit every bit of it for money making. I mean yes thats business it was like that 50 years ago but gaming infrastructure online makes it more possible to do it.
Same for Fifa, same for most of the games nowdays, just Konami is ahead of the curve by killing MGS and SH too which franchises were almost the most artistic pioneers in the 90's, 2000's gaming. So based on this scale these games represent PES isnt even such a big loss to be honest for gaming history.
Totally agree good point, i just wanted to add, that i think the shit hitting the fan, wasn't helped when patching after release became a thing.
Has we have all witnessed they have never released a finished product for years. That's most probably why PES 5/6 was/is brilliant, because the margin for error was a lot more tight.

Guys what you gonna do now?

Updating rosters of Pes 2021 for the new Season?

Or wait until next February to play ML in eFootball game?

Back
Top Bottom